Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Linda, that sounds nice. Our old house had 3/4 acre, we had a lot of trees and bushes, and there was plenty of wildlife. Our new house is on 1/4 acre, hardly any yard at all, so far just bunnies, birds, and bugs. Oh well.
    I stayed on NS food for a 18 months the first time. Probably about 6 months the second time. I didn't mind the food, though it did get boring. But it was highly recommended to me, for health reasons, to get away from eating processed foods and try to go more natural (which can also get boring!) I probably need to start using recipes to make more variety. :smiley:
    Off to body flow class this morning.
    Have a happy day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Processed foods may be bad for me, however I suspect not nearly as bad as what the extra weight was doing to my health. :)

I have a much better quality of life right now.
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Haha...I think the dust definitely breeds while we're asleep. And the clutter piles up when we're not looking too. Today is a good day for straightening up. That's what I'm doing too. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    I just wrote a long post and forgot to hit post reply and lost everything.
    Vix-I googled raccoons and they are nocturnal, but will come out during the day if there is a food source.
    Roger-Unfortunately the list is permanent. I am sure I could have some of the food once in a while,
    Linda-I grew tired of the dinners and started eating what I cooked for my husband. I had so many dinners stock piled that I switch my plan to dinners on your own. After hearing others talk about the frozen dinners, I ordered some ala carte. Like Roger, I also use the costco gift cards. When they are on sale, I stock up.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I Got sidetracked and never did get to the Vacuuming :(

Hi Joanne, I think I have 20+ of the $59.99 cards left.
    I need to get busy and apply to my upcoming order or else pay full price, No Thank You.
    I also have so much food left from buying A La Carte that I need to move the order back further :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I went out for dinner...had trout with some kind of blueberry sauce. It was good. Off plan, had a couple of drinks...we girls needed to destress.
    Have a good night everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Not too much damage from last night's indulgence. Right back on track today.
    Off to painting class in a little while.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up early, For me that is :)
    Brought up News 12 the local cable channel and looked at the weather and decided to walk. When I looked out the window it looked OK, When I went out the front door it was drizzling. So I put on my Frogg Toggs Jacket, put the folding umbrella in my pocket and went anyway. Same route as the last two times. I have planned out a new route that is the same distance for the next walk. :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    I went out for dinner...had trout with some kind of blueberry sauce. It was good. Off plan, had a couple of drinks...we girls needed to destress.
    Have a good night everyone.
    Good morning.
    Not too much damage from last night's indulgence. Right back on track today.
    Off to painting class in a little while.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Sometimes You need a day or meal off plan to enable staying on plan the majority of the time.
    Enjoy the class
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger,
    Yes, after a lifetime of dieting, I realize that once in a while you need a meal or a day off. I'm good with that as long as I get right back on. If I stray more than a day, I'm in trouble!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Hi all just wanted to say I am still hanging on actually lost a pound
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    dinner sounded nice
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Hi Irene-congrats on the lb. lost.
    Vix-It is good to destress once in a while.
    Roger-I have enough costco cards to last me until the end of the year. I usually get on order every other month.
    We bought a sunsetters retractable awning for over our deck.The deck gets full sun all day and sometimes it is just too hot to sit outside. Hopefully we will use the deck a little more.
    Have a good evening.
    PS I have been using my elliptical machine every evening. I am only doing 10 minutes at present but plan to increase by 5 minutes in a few days. I am slowly working up to it.

• eku0
    Options
    Jo, good for you for getting back into exercising. And I hope you like your awning. Our deck gets some shade during the day, enough for the 2 of us anyway.
    As for the girls' night, we were all feeling pretty stressed so it was good...we all got to talk and let it out. So nice to have girl friends, at any age. And dinner and drinks were yummy! :wink:
    Irene...so glad you stopped in...we miss you! Congratulations on losing a pound. Yay!
    This week seems to be flying by...
    Have a good evening, everyone. :smile:
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Happy Friday!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Friday
    It's almost Summer and Fathers Day Both on Sunday.

I walked a different route today .01 miles longer than Yesterday stopping at the Quick Chek for Coffee this time. The walk was OK until I turned onto a different street that blocked the breeze then I did feel the Humidity. It is supposed to be in the mid to high 80s today. Cooler Tomorrow. :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I went to work today and left my pocketbook at home. I had no money, no drivers license and no chapstick. :'(
    I did remember to bring my lunch. :)
    I skyped with my son last night. He has a job interview with Edinburg University on the 26th of June and he got a call back from another company in Manchester that he applied to that is closer to where he lives now. He is leaning more towards the Manchester job. He can commute if necessary. If he takes the University job, they will have to move to Scotland. I am just waiting for him to get settled and then I will make plans to visit. I think we will go for 2 weeks this time.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo, I hate when that happens! At least you had your lunch. :wink: Glad you got to skype with your son. How exciting for him. That would be nice for you to go for 2 weeks.
    We just booked a trip to Seattle in August for a week. Have never been there, should be interesting. I would like to go to England or Scotland some day....they look beautiful in the shows on TV!
    Roger, it's very humid here too. It's raining again, just started a little while ago.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, aw jo at least you had your lunch. Well tonight I have to go to work manatory over time I would rather stay home and sleep oh well I am sure when I get my pay check I will be happy right now I am just pretty tired, I have pretty much been on plan but I don't get to walk to much unless you count all the walking I do at work you would think working 10 hour shifts I would loose it all oh well hope you all have a nice night
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Linda, that sounds nice. Our old house had 3/4 acre, we had a lot of trees and bushes, and there was plenty of wildlife. Our new house is on 1/4 acre, hardly any yard at all, so far just bunnies, birds, and bugs. Oh well.
    I stayed on NS food for a 18 months the first time. Probably about 6 months the second time. I didn't mind the food, though it did get boring. But it was highly recommended to me, for health reasons, to get away from eating processed foods and try to go more natural (which can also get boring!) I probably need to start using recipes to make more variety. :smiley:
    Off to body flow class this morning.
    Have a happy day, everyone.

Vix, the NS food is processed food for me since I don't usually eat much processed food. Lol! But it should get me rethinking my portion sizes and self control!

Roger, I don't belong to Costco so haven't ever bought their cards. Called NS to price the upgrade and it was $299 for the first month and then $379 thereafter so I opted out.
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Haha...I think the dust definitely breeds while we're asleep. And the clutter piles up when we're not looking too. Today is a good day for straightening up. That's what I'm doing too. :)

I was just looking at my floors today wondering how they can be harboring dust bunnies already!
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    I just wrote a long post and forgot to hit post reply and lost everything.
    Vix-I googled raccoons and they are nocturnal, but will come out during the day if there is a food source.
    Roger-Unfortunately the list is permanent. I am sure I could have some of the food once in a while,
    Linda-I grew tired of the dinners and started eating what I cooked for my husband. I had so many dinners stock piled that I switch my plan to dinners on your own. After hearing others talk about the frozen dinners, I ordered some ala carte. Like Roger, I also use the costco gift cards. When they are on sale, I stock up.
    Have a good evening. :)

You know, buying Ala Carte just might be the answer here since I like trying to make some of my own meals that still fit withing the guidelines!