Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Vix, glad to hear everything checked out so well so you can get that surgery done!
    Jo, great job on the walking!
    Roger, no such thing as paltry or lame! Moving is just plain good! :)
    Did some walking today going with DH to the doctor's (if there were such things as paltry or lame... ;) ) to check up on his knee replacement. He's doing very well and everything looks great!
    Had to post my ticker - 20 lbs. Yippee! Now for the next few 20 lb stepping stones! :)

88847432.png
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Linda, congratulations on 20 pounds gone! Yay! :smiley:
    I got up and did my 1 mile around the development this morning. Took my car in to get the tires rotated. Have clay class later. It's already warm out, so I'm glad I got my little walk in early.
    3 miles is great, 2.75 miles is great, just getting out and moving is better than not at all. :)
    Have a wonderful day, everyone.
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hit the 20 pound mark this morning..... I was beginning (before I started the NS) to think that I was domed to never lose weight.... My original goal is 140. So to reach goal I have 9.2 more pounds to lose. Now that I am on my way with the loss that I may recalculate my goal... according to all of the charts my weight should be around 122 on the high end and the BMI should be at 24.... My BMI is at 29 right now.

I was originally going for a weight that I liked myself in the mirror. I already am more comfortable looking at myself and will never be perfect. I guess everyone is perfect regardless of weight we just like ourselves a little better when we look in the mirror.

My husband laughs at me and tells me he is going to get rid of all of the mirrors in the house but I know he can't do that because he likes looking at himself! I tell him if he does that my hair will never look right!

Anyway I am liking my results and I am well on my way!

weight.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats on losing 20 pounds SearsBD! WTG! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-glad to hear you are all set for your surgery. :)
    Linda-congrats on 20 lbs. gone. You are doing great. :) Great news about hubby's knee.
    Hi Sears-congrats on your 20 lb. loss and being so close to goal. :)
    It is hot and humid here and we have a tornado warning until 11pm tonight.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Tuesday
    It is hot and Humid today, No Walk for me except that We did walk to the end of the block to look at the road work being done and then back up the next street. Total walk 4 blocks. Sweating up a storm too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Roger and Vix-good luck with your dr. appts.

Hi Joanne
    It went well, Then back at 9Am today for a Fasting Blood test, Follow up in July (8th). I had only called Yesterday to set up an appointment and they were able to fit me in the same day except that I had already been eating, hence the return today for the blood test.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all....I'm good to go. EKG, blood pressure, heart beat, all good. He took blood tests again, but I'm sure they're good enough to get my ankle done.
    Hope all went well for you Roger. Dr. is probably impressed by your magnificent weight loss! :smiley: I'll bet some of your other health indicators are probably improving too.
    I didn't really do any exercise today. It's hot and humid out and I was feeling draggy. I'll try to get myself up and at'em tomorrow. I did go to Walmart and picked up some pages to organize some pictures and a piece of poster board to try to make a mat for my latest painting. I don't know if it'll work or not. They didn't have matting paper and I didn't feel like driving 15 or more miles to a craft store. My daughter stopped by and we looked at the old pictures my niece sent. It was fun.
    Have a good night everyone.

Hi Vix
    The Doctor likes the weight loss. Everything that he could check looked good. Follow up the 8th to hear about the blood test results. I suspect that the EKG was OK as he had looked at it but did not comment, probably on the 8th.

Good Luck with the ankle
    Hopefully it will be soon for You
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Vix, glad to hear everything checked out so well so you can get that surgery done!
    Jo, great job on the walking!
    Roger, no such thing as paltry or lame! Moving is just plain good! :)
    Did some walking today going with DH to the doctor's (if there were such things as paltry or lame... ;) ) to check up on his knee replacement. He's doing very well and everything looks great!
    Had to post my ticker - 20 lbs. Yippee! Now for the next few 20 lb stepping stones! :)

88847432.png

Hi
    Congratulations on the weight loss. I look at myself walking along slowly and I see people pass me and pull away until out of sight.

Good Luck with the next 20 pounds
    Roger
    I hit the 20 pound mark this morning..... I was beginning (before I started the NS) to think that I was domed to never lose weight.... My original goal is 140. So to reach goal I have 9.2 more pounds to lose. Now that I am on my way with the loss that I may recalculate my goal... according to all of the charts my weight should be around 122 on the high end and the BMI should be at 24.... My BMI is at 29 right now.

I was originally going for a weight that I liked myself in the mirror. I already am more comfortable looking at myself and will never be perfect. I guess everyone is perfect regardless of weight we just like ourselves a little better when we look in the mirror.

My husband laughs at me and tells me he is going to get rid of all of the mirrors in the house but I know he can't do that because he likes looking at himself! I tell him if he does that my hair will never look right!

Anyway I am liking my results and I am well on my way!

weight.png

Hi Sears
    Congratulations on loss.

I went for many years slowly adding weight until I joined NutriSystem too.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Ok, so my birthday today. My mother came over to spend the day and I did great on food until dinner - a large, lovely, grilled T-bone steak and store bought chocolate pie for dessert! Oh dear, then grandkids came by with raspberries and cream in an effort to respect my recent eating choices, so of course I ate that, too! So it was a wonderful albeit overindulgent day! Back on track tomorrow!
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks Jo and Roger. Expecting it shouldn't be a big deal....one more week to wait.
    Just love it when the docs say everything is looking good. :)
    I think everyone goes at their own pace, and does the best they can. We're all here, and we're all trying. So Yay for us!
    Have a good night. Hugs!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Body flow class and lunch with a friend today.
    Enjoy your Wednesday. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Ok, so my birthday today. My mother came over to spend the day and I did great on food until dinner - a large, lovely, grilled T-bone steak and store bought chocolate pie for dessert! Oh dear, then grandkids came by with raspberries and cream in an effort to respect my recent eating choices, so of course I ate that, too! So it was a wonderful albeit overindulgent day! Back on track tomorrow!

Happy Birthday! It is ok to have an overindulgent day once in a while. As long as you get right back on track,you should be fine. Oh, and your dinner and dessert sounded yummy! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    I am waiting for a contractor to come and give me an estimate on some kitchen remodeling I would like to do.
    I hope what I want to do is possible. I want to relocate a window and knock down the wall between the kitchen and dining room.
    Our new awning should be delivered tomorrow and we will probably put it up on Saturday.
    Vix-I hope you had an enjoyable lunch.
    Last nights storm were all around us, but we didn't get a drop of rain.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Linda! Happy Birthday, yesterday....I missed your post! Aw, your family sounds so sweet. :)
    Jo, good luck with the kitchen remodeling. Sounds exciting, kind of fun to modernize. :)
    We had a big storm last night....getting used to the thunder and lightning!
    It was good to see my friend today....they've just put their house up for sale and they're not sure if they're going to stay around here or not. She seems to be ready for a change and maybe a bit of an adventure. I'll miss her if they go, but it may do her a world of good to do something different.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm finally back online. The Cable Guy just left a little bit ago, New wire to t he house etc. But Dinner time is here so I'll be brief. :)
    I was lucky, the storms went south of me in NJ and north of me into Connecticut. At 4PM there were still 200,000+ without power in South NJ.

Walked 2.75 miles this morning as the Humidity was down. Yea, I should be out walking tomorrow too.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger

Hi
    Happy Birthday, It only comes once a year!
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good Afternoon;
    I am waiting for a contractor to come and give me an estimate on some kitchen remodeling I would like to do.
    I hope what I want to do is possible. I want to relocate a window and knock down the wall between the kitchen and dining room.
    Our new awning should be delivered tomorrow and we will probably put it up on Saturday.
    Vix-I hope you had an enjoyable lunch.
    Last nights storm were all around us, but we didn't get a drop of rain.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    As I understand it that can be done. How expensive it could be will depend on if that is a Load bearing wall or not load bearing.
    If it is a load bearing wall, an engineer should be involved to specify the size of the beam and how the load is transferred to the foundation.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a very good day!
    Jo, I love planning updates and remodeling! There's always a good idea to make a huge improvement! When we bought the house we're in now, one of my sons told me, "Now Mom, remember this design won't be so easy to remodel!" Lol!
    Vix, it's hard to see friends move away; hope you get a chance to spend more good times together! Just this evening we were talking about how nice it is to be about a 10 minute drive from one of our sons, his wife, and 5 children. Being nearby makes it so nice to share life with each other!
    Roger, glad you're back online and have power! So hard for all of those people to go without power! We are totally dependent!
    Sears, glad you're off to a great start!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Linda, glad you had a wonderful birthday. It is great when your children live close-by. Both of mine are pretty close for now. :) And although it's hard when friends move away, it's also hard to see them stressed out all the time. I don't think she'll move more than a couple of hours away if that's what they decide to do, so it'll still be within visiting distance. :)
    Roger, glad you got your cable fixed. We've all gotten so used to being connected! You're doing great with the walking....got me motivated to try to do my little 1 mile at least in the a.m. :)
    Hiya Jo, Irene, Sears.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :wink:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Look at that, it is already Thursday:)

I got out walking Yesterday and Today. I ended up following the same 2.75 mile route. I may walk tomorrow or not they are saying rain coming in tonight into tomorrow, There may be breaks in the weather that I can use or I'll just have an off day.

What with the storms going north and south of the house ,I watered the garden in the back yard when I got back from walking and put all the hanging flower baskets (4) in the flower bed before I put the sprinkler on it so that area in front and the baskets and the Garden out back all got watered at the same time.

According to the News broadcast I just heard when I was out with the car, Yup I went back out with the car later when the bank & Drugstore were open :) Anyway they are saying still over 100,000 people with no power in South NJ. Some may be without for several days too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a very good day!
    Jo, I love planning updates and remodeling! There's always a good idea to make a huge improvement! When we bought the house we're in now, one of my sons told me, "Now Mom, remember this design won't be so easy to remodel!" Lol!
    Vix, it's hard to see friends move away; hope you get a chance to spend more good times together! Just this evening we were talking about how nice it is to be about a 10 minute drive from one of our sons, his wife, and 5 children. Being nearby makes it so nice to share life with each other!
    Roger, glad you're back online and have power! So hard for all of those people to go without power! We are totally dependent!
    Sears, glad you're off to a great start!

Hi
    Here in NJ, most people can not wait to get away anymore. Taxes, etc.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Linda, glad you had a wonderful birthday. It is great when your children live close-by. Both of mine are pretty close for now. :) And although it's hard when friends move away, it's also hard to see them stressed out all the time. I don't think she'll move more than a couple of hours away if that's what they decide to do, so it'll still be within visiting distance. :)
    Roger, glad you got your cable fixed. We've all gotten so used to being connected! You're doing great with the walking....got me motivated to try to do my little 1 mile at least in the a.m. :)
    Hiya Jo, Irene, Sears.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :wink:

Hi
    I passed the time reading, watching TV and listening to music on the computer while playing 4 different types of Solitaire.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    I was on the computer earlier and typed a post. I must have forgotten to hit post reply because my post is nowhere to be found. As I was posting, I was waiting for the ups delivery man to deliver our awning (window of 2-5). Well he came around 5:15, and one of the boxes was not on the truck. UPS called us around 3 hours later and said it was left on the dock and they will deliver it tomorrow same time frame.
    Roger-I am glad you got your cable back. Reading is always a good thing. :)
    Hi Vix, Irene and Linda.
    I hope everyone had a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning,
    Jo, hope your final box of awning shows up today....UPS is usually pretty good. That'll be nice to get your deck shaded. :)
    Roger, that's a lot of people without power. It stormed again overnight here. Everything's soaked again.
    Zumba for me today, then I'll get a couple of weeks off from it. I'm going to miss zumba....the rest of the gym classes not so much.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm back home after a different 2.75 mile walk via Quick Chek for the morning Black Coffee. It was tolerable out walking due to the Sun staying behind the cloud cover. I did take my Frogg Toggs and a
    a small umbrella as there is supposed to be rain today and the clouds looked fairly thick overhead.

Just waiting to dry off and cool off before I have breakfast. Today I had the Banana before the walk and had the Nutrisystem Frozen Cinnamon Roll, Very tasty too, And a NS Chocolate Protein Shake. 400 calories more or less, The Variable being the Banana since I forgot to weigh it, Oops.

Have Great Friday
    Roger
    Good Evening;
    I was on the computer earlier and typed a post. I must have forgotten to hit post reply because my post is nowhere to be found. As I was posting, I was waiting for the ups delivery man to deliver our awning (window of 2-5). Well he came around 5:15, and one of the boxes was not on the truck. UPS called us around 3 hours later and said it was left on the dock and they will deliver it tomorrow same time frame.
    Roger-I am glad you got your cable back. Reading is always a good thing. :)
    Hi Vix, Irene and Linda.
    I hope everyone had a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I have done that too. Forgot to post and closed that window, I hate that especially when it was a long post.

Good For UPS. I have had to call the Shipper for a refund due to a non delivered order. They researched and a week later a Special UPS delivery arrived and before I would sign for it I had to check the contents as the package was opened and taped shut.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning,
    Jo, hope your final box of awning shows up today....UPS is usually pretty good. That'll be nice to get your deck shaded. :)
    Roger, that's a lot of people without power. It stormed again overnight here. Everything's soaked again.
    Zumba for me today, then I'll get a couple of weeks off from it. I'm going to miss zumba....the rest of the gym classes not so much.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    You seem to be getting more rain than I am. :)

I would probably prefer more rain. It was supposed to rain last night, only a few stray drops so I will have to water later on.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Oh yeah, we're getting tons of rain! More expected tonight and tomorrow. Totally overcast now. Heavy t-storms tomorrow. It's unusual for this time of year here.