Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    It was wet again this morning....partly cloudy for now, with more rain expected tonight.
    It is nice to have a deck. The space outside our morning room would have been pretty useless without it, and we don't have to go up and down stairs to get to the grill. :smile: We had been thinking about a patio, but I think the deck is easier for us.

Hi Vix
    Since the back door is at ground level that is most likely the explanation of why there is a Patio. To Put a Deck would have required cutting into the back of the house in the Dining room to put a door and using the existing is a more economical. I will say it is a very solid Cement (Concrete) patio, two big slabs that have held up the Dump truck that dropped the Topsoil and the Mulch on it. It also held up with no cracks when the the Items for the new roof were put there some years back. We had a Big Roll off Dumpster in the driveway sitting on the Blacktop some years ago and nary a dent or crack from that either. It is nice to have something that is worry free.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-it seems like you have been getting a lot of rain.
    Roger-You probably walk faster when it is warmer out because you want to get home to the AC. :)
    Nothing new here.
    Have a good evening.

Hi Joanne
    I thought about that. It just seems like to easy an explanation. I will confess that I feel a little strange turning on the Living Room wall unit at 6:30 in the morning however. :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    It's been raining almost every day here. It rained overnight last night but didn't rain today. Rain expected tomorrow, none for Thursday and Friday, then rain for the next 3 days. It seems to just be going on like that. A day or 2 without rain, then rain for a few days. Not our usual July weather. We're going to have less rain in Seattle on vacation than we do here.
    Roger, if our door was ground level, I'm sure we would have gone with a patio too.
    Have a good night everyone.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota; where are you all? It's been really hot and humid here, too, bringing big storms and tornadoes just north of us a couple of days ago.

Joanne, our daughter and her two wee ones were here for only 4 days, but it was a full stretch! They'll be back in August, so we're looking forward to that now. I'm sorry to hear about your challenges; I hope they've gotten things figured out so the right doctors are following your health!

Vix, glad to hear the water weight is disappearing! How are you doing with being able to move around? Are you still dealing with pain when walking?

Greetings, Roger!

Summer busyness hit hard this week along with my being sick. We're getting stuff ready to go up to the lake this and next weekend and also getting things ready for all 5 of the kids, their spouses, and 9 grandkids to be together for 2 or 3 weeks in August. Some of them live near, but we'll still be gathering at our home, so things are going to be wild and crazy in a most wonderful way!

I want to stay focused on this journey, so I'll be checking in but maybe not quite as regularly for the next few weeks.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Linda, glad you stopped in. Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like very happy busyness! :) It is wonderful to be able to spend time with family.
    I live in Maryland. Able to walk around pretty well. Most of the pain is gone, just feels like a big cut healing. Back to doc today to get the bandage off.
    Jo, how are you doing? Back to doc this week or next?
    Hiya Roger and Irene.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is a rainy drizzly on and off rain day. I Got up, looked out the Window said to myself it is still dry, Ate part of my banana, Got dressed to walk and it was starting to rain. So no walk today outdoors.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    It's been raining almost every day here. It rained overnight last night but didn't rain today. Rain expected tomorrow, none for Thursday and Friday, then rain for the next 3 days. It seems to just be going on like that. A day or 2 without rain, then rain for a few days. Not our usual July weather. We're going to have less rain in Seattle on vacation than we do here.
    Roger, if our door was ground level, I'm sure we would have gone with a patio too.
    Have a good night everyone.

Hi Vix
    We have been lucky?? Not much rain until yesterday a light soaking and today on and off with Thunderstorms forecast.

South Jersey, AKA South New Jersey has been having bad weather much more then I in Central Jersey.
    Much of the bad weather seems to split and go north and south of us. I believe it may be due in part to the Watchung Mountains north of us a little ways.

Stay Dry
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    I'm in Minnesota; where are you all? It's been really hot and humid here, too, bringing big storms and tornadoes just north of us a couple of days ago.

Joanne, our daughter and her two wee ones were here for only 4 days, but it was a full stretch! They'll be back in August, so we're looking forward to that now. I'm sorry to hear about your challenges; I hope they've gotten things figured out so the right doctors are following your health!

Vix, glad to hear the water weight is disappearing! How are you doing with being able to move around? Are you still dealing with pain when walking?

Greetings, Roger!

Summer busyness hit hard this week along with my being sick. We're getting stuff ready to go up to the lake this and next weekend and also getting things ready for all 5 of the kids, their spouses, and 9 grandkids to be together for 2 or 3 weeks in August. Some of them live near, but we'll still be gathering at our home, so things are going to be wild and crazy in a most wonderful way!

I want to stay focused on this journey, so I'll be checking in but maybe not quite as regularly for the next few weeks.

Hi Linda (?)
    It sounds like You have a nice summer ahead for family gatherings. We used to have family reunions where everybody would bring a plate of food to share around and games etc.

I hope You get well quick, It is not fun being ill.

I am in Central jersey AKA Central New Jersey. We get a wide range of weather. From here we can go to the lake or the Atlantic ocean at the Jersey Shore, NYC or Philadelphia for Cultural type things. Two Baseball teams, Two Football teams, Hockey, Horse racing etc for sports. That is one of the things that keeps me here in NJ, Hope of High everything, Except Gas Prices for the car and now that I can go months on a 1/2 tank of that, big deal :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Linda, glad you stopped in. Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like very happy busyness! :) It is wonderful to be able to spend time with family.
    I live in Maryland. Able to walk around pretty well. Most of the pain is gone, just feels like a big cut healing. Back to doc today to get the bandage off.
    Jo, how are you doing? Back to doc this week or next?
    Hiya Roger and Irene.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    Good Luck at the doctors. Does this mean You will be back in shoes next?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Yes, I can wear whatever shoes are comfortable. The best part is that I can take a shower without taping a bag over my leg! I had them put a bandage back on because it's not looking that good yet, but I can take the bandage off. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Vix- Yeah for being able to wear shoes again and taking a shower without the bag. I go to the doctors on Friday to have a cystoscopy, then we will go from there depending on the results.
    Linda-I am in Massachusetts, about 15 miles south of Boston. The weather has been pretty humid here also.
    I hope you are feeling better. I hope after Friday I can go back to seeing only one doctor.
    Roger-We cut an opening in our dining room and put in a slider and then added the deck about 5 years ago.
    It is so much more convenient to get out side. We used to have to go out the kitchen door, down a step into the breezeway and then out the breezeway door down another step and onto the patio. This was most inconvenient, especially when you were carrying things out to the yard. Sorry that you didn't get your walk in this morning.
    I bought split chicken breasts for dinner tonight. They were on sale for .99 lb. I don't usually buy bone in chicken, but hubby likes it, so I thought I would give him a treat. :)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi ALl
    The new part for the lawn mower arrived From Amazon, I installed it and it started, so I will be mowing Tomorrow Morning. Mixed Blessing there. I suspect that the part came from where Irene works as it shipped out of Trenton NJ and the USPS delivered it. I have noticed that a lot of items I buy anymore are coming the the final part of their Journey via USPS. Must be cheaper that way :)

Briggs and Stratton Phone support was helpful once I waited out the Que.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Yes, I can wear whatever shoes are comfortable. The best part is that I can take a shower without taping a bag over my leg! I had them put a bandage back on because it's not looking that good yet, but I can take the bandage off. :)

Hi Vix
    I bet You were doing a Modified Happy Dance when You got home :)
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon
    Vix- Yeah for being able to wear shoes again and taking a shower without the bag. I go to the doctors on Friday to have a cystoscopy, then we will go from there depending on the results.
    Linda-I am in Massachusetts, about 15 miles south of Boston. The weather has been pretty humid here also.
    I hope you are feeling better. I hope after Friday I can go back to seeing only one doctor.
    Roger-We cut an opening in our dining room and put in a slider and then added the deck about 5 years ago.
    It is so much more convenient to get out side. We used to have to go out the kitchen door, down a step into the breezeway and then out the breezeway door down another step and onto the patio. This was most inconvenient, especially when you were carrying things out to the yard. Sorry that you didn't get your walk in this morning.
    I bought split chicken breasts for dinner tonight. They were on sale for .99 lb. I don't usually buy bone in chicken, but hubby likes it, so I thought I would give him a treat. :)

HI Joanne
    Nothing wrong with that price. My Brother's menu tends to be whatever meat is on sale or marked down when he shops.

We go through the Kitchen into the dining room and then down two steps to the Laundry room and out the back door that way to the Patio.

Tomorrow is another day and the Humidity is supposed to be down and cooler, then After the walk I need to Eat Breakfast and then Mow before it gets too hot.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, hope you get good results from your tests tomorrow. Wishing you the best of health. I don't buy bone in chicken anymore either. It would be kind of a treat. :) We had low fat burgers tonight. I love burgers, have gotten used to no bun, some veggies on the side. :)
    Roger, glad you were able to fix your mower. More exercise for you!
    I still have to skip the gym for another week or 2, but it's ok.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So you are all on the East Coast! We used to live out there in NH for 5 years before we moved back to MN. Trips to the ocean and mountains were fun! Our daughter and I (she's the inspirational part of the team) started a business out there 10 years ago and she buys flowers in Boston every week. so I'm at least familiar in a general way with the area! :)
    Vix, glad to hear of your progress!! Now to get the rest of the wound to heal up! I haven't been to Maryland, but some of the pictures I've seen are gorgeous!
    Joanne, hope all goes well on Friday for the cystoscopy! We used to go to an IKEA just south of Boston. :)
    Roger, yes, it's Linda (AdNil is Linda backwards with a twist mixing in some caps. :)) My cousin's son plays hockey for a New Jersey team, or did, Mike Hoeffel. I spent a fun 2 days in NYC with my daughter a few years ago.

Had my mother over this afternoon and hubby made meatloaf and mashed potatoes...I ate some. :# Haven't lost weight for a couple of weeks or more so need to get my mind back in focus.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. :)
    Thanks all, I am feeling better. A couple more weeks, I should be pretty much back to normal.
    Linda, pix of Minnesota look pretty too...I think the only time I've been there was a stop at the airport. That doesn't count. We may have to check it out for a summer trip some time. :)
    I'm maintaining at the moment. I think I will start losing again, when I start moving around more.
    Good luck today, Jo.
    Hugs.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jo, hope you get good results from your tests tomorrow. Wishing you the best of health. I don't buy bone in chicken anymore either. It would be kind of a treat. :) We had low fat burgers tonight. I love burgers, have gotten used to no bun, some veggies on the side. :)
    Roger, glad you were able to fix your mower. More exercise for you!
    I still have to skip the gym for another week or 2, but it's ok.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Why not Stuff the Burger with fixings? In my case it would be Cheese, Bacon, and Grilled Onions and maybe some BBQ sauce. Or think of them as Chopped Steaks and not bunless hamburgers?

Cheers
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    So you are all on the East Coast! We used to live out there in NH for 5 years before we moved back to MN. Trips to the ocean and mountains were fun! Our daughter and I (she's the inspirational part of the team) started a business out there 10 years ago and she buys flowers in Boston every week. so I'm at least familiar in a general way with the area! :)
    Vix, glad to hear of your progress!! Now to get the rest of the wound to heal up! I haven't been to Maryland, but some of the pictures I've seen are gorgeous!
    Joanne, hope all goes well on Friday for the cystoscopy! We used to go to an IKEA just south of Boston. :)
    Roger, yes, it's Linda (AdNil is Linda backwards with a twist mixing in some caps. :)) My cousin's son plays hockey for a New Jersey team, or did, Mike Hoeffel. I spent a fun 2 days in NYC with my daughter a few years ago.

Had my mother over this afternoon and hubby made meatloaf and mashed potatoes...I ate some. :# Haven't lost weight for a couple of weeks or more so need to get my mind back in focus.

Hi Linda
    I feel a little stupid not catching that :)

I have noticed that the majority of NS users where I know where they live are on the east coast.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Linda-I didn't pick up on your user name either. I was wondering what it stood for. lol :) You probably went to the ikea about a mile from my house. Thank you for the good wishes for tomorrow.
    Vix-thank you for the good wishes. My appt. is tomorrow morning at 9. I am going to work for a few hours before my appt. and then taking the rest of the day off.
    Roger-glad your lawn mower if fixed. You got plenty of exercise today walking and mowing the lawn.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, long week I have been pulling a lot of over time I have in 54 hour week I am glad today should be the last day normaly I would be off today but our orders are high so I can handle one more day . Jo good luck with the drs well need to go to work hope everyone has a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you stopped by....you are working so much!
    Good luck, Jo! Hope you can relax once the test is done. Hugs.
    Roger, we did have grilled onions with the burgers.:) And I usually use some ketchup or salsa. I've learned to savor the flavor. :smiley:
    Linda, I enjoy talking with people from around the country. There are a lot of NS users all over the place! There does seem to be a lot on the east coast...I wonder if we are generally more sedentary?
    I think I'll try to do some cleaning this morning while hubs is at the gym. Another overcast morning. My ankle is still somewhat swollen, so my plan is to do a little then sit a little then do a little more. :)
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside today, I walked to McDonalds for Coffee and covered 2.75 miles. I almost broke a sweat it is so nice, Low Humidity and it was 65 degrees when I left :)
    Currently I have windows open in the front and back of the house rather than running the AC.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Linda-I didn't pick up on your user name either. I was wondering what it stood for. lol :) You probably went to the ikea about a mile from my house. Thank you for the good wishes for tomorrow.
    Vix-thank you for the good wishes. My appt. is tomorrow morning at 9. I am going to work for a few hours before my appt. and then taking the rest of the day off.
    Roger-glad your lawn mower if fixed. You got plenty of exercise today walking and mowing the lawn.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    If the darn weeds had not popped up flowers we could have used the manual Rotary Push Mower, No motor to need fuel etc. However it won't handle the high parts and they are what makes it look unsightly. My Bad for not getting out with that one earlier. I would use a Broad Leaf Weed Killer on them but Mr. Natural AKA my Brother is against using that sort of thing.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
    good morning, long week I have been pulling a lot of over time I have in 54 hour week I am glad today should be the last day normaly I would be off today but our orders are high so I can handle one more day . Jo good luck with the drs well need to go to work hope everyone has a great day

Hi Irene
    I am not surprised You were busy what with the big advertising push for the one day event. I was lucky I was able to get my mower part order in ahead of it and get it delivered in a timely fashion.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you stopped by....you are working so much!
    Good luck, Jo! Hope you can relax once the test is done. Hugs.
    Roger, we did have grilled onions with the burgers.:) And I usually use some ketchup or salsa. I've learned to savor the flavor. :smiley:
    Linda, I enjoy talking with people from around the country. There are a lot of NS users all over the place! There does seem to be a lot on the east coast...I wonder if we are generally more sedentary?
    I think I'll try to do some cleaning this morning while hubs is at the gym. Another overcast morning. My ankle is still somewhat swollen, so my plan is to do a little then sit a little then do a little more. :)
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect the preponderance of NS users on the east coast is based on how they started selling. I could be way off base too :)

I have been using One of these on my NutriSystem Hamburger Sandwich.
    1. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
    2. Thousand Island Salad Dressing
    3. 1/2 slice of Velveeta cheese @ 40 calories a slice = 20 calories
    4. A slice of Pre-Cooked ShopRite Bacon @ 20 Calories a slice.
    5. Ketchup
    6. Grilled Onions
    7. Relish
    8. Lite Mayonnaise

Not at the same time of course, but I do it to break up any monotony caused be eating the same thing often. I also use the BBQ sauce or Mayo or Bacon with the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. I need to try the Thousand Island next on this one.

I hope Your ankle gets better quickly
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I got a good report at the dr. He said everything looks good and I don't have to go back for 6 months. I will probably have an ultrasound at that time. Dr. wants to keep an eye on the kidney stone and to make sure I don't have any more. I have been trying to follow the dietary restrictions. I have given up tea completely. I don't miss it now, but I know when it gets cold I will.
    Hi Irene-Hope next week is a little slower for you.
    Vix-Don't work that ankle too much.
    Roger-I bought a push mower a number of years ago. Alas it is collecting dust in the shed, because now we have a landscaper to do the yard work.
    Have a great afternoon. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Yay, Jo! So glad you got a good report. Good to follow the Dr's orders. Can you have herbal/berry teas or are all teas no good? I tend to go in spurts with drinking tea so I probably wouldn't miss it. I would definitely miss coffee, if that got restricted!
    I ended up sweeping the floors yesterday, and that was as far as I got. Kept stopping in between rooms and put my foot up for a while before continuing.
    Thanks, Roger. I usually heal pretty well. I am putting off the RA treatments til after I get back from vacay. The ortho doc said it was better to wait at least 4-6 weeks.
    As far as condiments, it's good to have a variety. I love ketchup, but I know it's not really great for us, so I alternate with salsa, mustard, relish, grilled onions, sauted mushrooms/onions, light tomato sauce, pickled peppers, and lots of spices, etc.
    It's getting really dark out....t-storms on the way. I hope it passes through in the a.m as we have a wedding to go to this evening.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, well the special we had for prime members didn't go over as big as amazon hoped for people were disapointed because there were no electrons I am glad it is over 11 hours gets long after a while they actually canceled our ot on friday so I only worked 2 hours which was fine with me. I have had 2 gel shots in my knee I go for the last one on monday It is starting to feel better . Starting monday I will be walking again in the morning I really missed my walks maybe now I can shake this weight. Jo so glad everything is ok well I am going to go enjoy my day take care
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up early this morning 5:45 and after looking out the LR window, decided to start my walk early due to what last nights weather forecast was saying. I was out the door at 6:05 AM, Saw a fair amount of others walking, jogging and walking their dogs, probably for the same reason. Sunrise was around 5:45 but I never did see the Sun through the overcast. Sometime after 8AM The forecast Thunderstorms and rain arrived so I made the right decision starting early. Nice looking day now with more Thunderstorms forecast for later on.
    2.75 miles walk today. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer & even higher humidity.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I got a good report at the dr. He said everything looks good and I don't have to go back for 6 months. I will probably have an ultrasound at that time. Dr. wants to keep an eye on the kidney stone and to make sure I don't have any more. I have been trying to follow the dietary restrictions. I have given up tea completely. I don't miss it now, but I know when it gets cold I will.
    Hi Irene-Hope next week is a little slower for you.
    Vix-Don't work that ankle too much.
    Roger-I bought a push mower a number of years ago. Alas it is collecting dust in the shed, because now we have a landscaper to do the yard work.
    Have a great afternoon. :)

Hi Joanne
    I'm happy You got good news from the doctor. I would take the mower and push it a little bit just to keep things lubricated and running freely. If You do not think You will be using it again why not try and sell it?

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Yay, Jo! So glad you got a good report. Good to follow the Dr's orders. Can you have herbal/berry teas or are all teas no good? I tend to go in spurts with drinking tea so I probably wouldn't miss it. I would definitely miss coffee, if that got restricted!
    I ended up sweeping the floors yesterday, and that was as far as I got. Kept stopping in between rooms and put my foot up for a while before continuing.
    Thanks, Roger. I usually heal pretty well. I am putting off the RA treatments til after I get back from vacay. The ortho doc said it was better to wait at least 4-6 weeks.
    As far as condiments, it's good to have a variety. I love ketchup, but I know it's not really great for us, so I alternate with salsa, mustard, relish, grilled onions, sauted mushrooms/onions, light tomato sauce, pickled peppers, and lots of spices, etc.
    It's getting really dark out....t-storms on the way. I hope it passes through in the a.m as we have a wedding to go to this evening.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    As You can see from my opening some Thunderstorms went through already and more for later on today. I plan to try and enjoy the weekend, weather co-operating of course.

Good luck getting to the Wedding
    Roger
    good morning, well the special we had for prime members didn't go over as big as amazon hoped for people were disapointed because there were no electrons I am glad it is over 11 hours gets long after a while they actually canceled our ot on friday so I only worked 2 hours which was fine with me. I have had 2 gel shots in my knee I go for the last one on monday It is starting to feel better . Starting monday I will be walking again in the morning I really missed my walks maybe now I can shake this weight. Jo so glad everything is ok well I am going to go enjoy my day take care

Hi Irene
    Good news that the injections are helping.

The Complaints from people about the big sale were all over the news broadcasts.

Good Luck with the walks,
    Roger