Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening
    I got some free bags of mulch at work today!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Welcome to Wednesday
    I walked to the post office, McDs for Coffee and looped the long way back home, total 2.75 miles. I see that one portion of my order is out for delivery today. I suspect it to be the Shelf Stable foods. I'll know when it comes. As long as my frozen does not sit in FedEx over the Holiday Weekend.
    It is a bit humid, We had thunderstorms go through overnight 4AM'ish time frame. The rain was gone although the streets were still wet when I started out.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Edit: The phone just rang and voila it was NutriSystem telling me to expect my frozen in the next three days. That usually equates to the same day as the call. As it happens I was really hoping that it would be the Shelf Stable foods :)
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening
    I got some free bags of mulch at work today!

Hi Joanne
    I would call that a score!

I hope You are ready for the 4th?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo....free mulch...Yay! We have a bunch of bags piled in the garage that hubs bought last time it was on sale. :wink:
    Most of the metal is out of my ankle except for a couple of screws he couldn't get out. Oh well. It shouldn't be sticking out anymore, and hopefully will not get irritated. :) Ankle elevated and iced. Glad that's over with. Just took a percocet...that'll probably knock me out. All is well.
    Roger, no walks for me for a while. You are doing wonderfully well with all those walks. I am going to get so lazy sitting around for a week!
    Have a great day.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-Glad your surgery is over. Do you have to stay off your foot? Keeping good thoughts for a speedy recovery. :)
    Roger-I have the weekend off and am going to my sister's house on Sat for a cookout. Are you doing anything special? Have you found your leaf blower?
    I had a lot more typed than just that I got free mulch. I was on my ipad and don't know what happened to the rest of my post and now I can't remember what I posted.
    I am leaving soon to go get my hair cut, it is getting a little shaggy.
    Have a great afternoon. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Jo....free mulch...Yay! We have a bunch of bags piled in the garage that hubs bought last time it was on sale. :wink:
    Most of the metal is out of my ankle except for a couple of screws he couldn't get out. Oh well. It shouldn't be sticking out anymore, and hopefully will not get irritated. :) Ankle elevated and iced. Glad that's over with. Just took a percocet...that'll probably knock me out. All is well.
    Roger, no walks for me for a while. You are doing wonderfully well with all those walks. I am going to get so lazy sitting around for a week!
    Have a great day.

Hi Vix
    Sometimes You need a break too. It sounds like a successful surgery overall.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-Glad your surgery is over. Do you have to stay off your foot? Keeping good thoughts for a speedy recovery. :)
    Roger-I have the weekend off and am going to my sister's house on Sat for a cookout. Are you doing anything special? Have you found your leaf blower?
    I had a lot more typed than just that I got free mulch. I was on my ipad and don't know what happened to the rest of my post and now I can't remember what I posted.
    I am leaving soon to go get my hair cut, it is getting a little shaggy.
    Have a great afternoon. :)

Hi Joanne
    I think it is gone. There is a possibility of going to friend of my brothers home south of us for the 4th, it is still up in the air. I was invited too since I know him also. My Brother just pulled a Corned Beef out of the freezer to turn into a Pastrami. It comes out OK either baked in the oven or in the friends smoker. If we do not go it will be baked in the oven and portioned and frozen as ready to eat.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Jo, I'm glad the surgery is over too. Everyone was really nice at the surgery center. I'm supposed to mostly stay off it and keep it elevated and iced for a few days to a week. I can walk around (hobbling!) and put weight on it. I got a prescription for a cane in case I need it, but I think I'll be fine in a few days. Took a percocet, so pain is minimal. Have fun getting a haircut. Your weekend plans sound like fun. :)
    Roger, yes, life is good. A tiny bit guilty feeling just lounging about, but I'll get over it! :smiley:
    I can see most of the fireworks from the front of my house, but we may go up the hill to the little park in our development, can probably see better from there. If I can't hobble up there, we can drive the few blocks. Our town is having the fireworks Friday night instead of Saturday. Nothing else planned for the weekend....R&R.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....more rain. Ankle pretty painful when the percocet wears off! Doing nothing today, but some reading, relaxing, resting, getting up to the computer once in a while.
    Have a happy day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I can't believe is almost the 4th of July already. I hope everybody has a plan in place to handle the days foods by now. :)

I got out walking today, the actual walk was a re-run of Yesterdays. The Weather is co-operating too.
    It was 68 degrees on the front porch when I left. It was showing 69 degrees when I got back home. Even the Sun was being filtered through light clouds so I was not walking into the early morning sun.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

P.S. Fourth of July food thoughts
    Lean Hamburger on the Grill, Look at the Low calorie Breads to use for the sandwich. 97% fat free all beef Hot Dogs, Hebrew National are the ones I am familiar with. Two Dogs = 90 calories (45 Calories each) Add a extra of ketchup, Chopped Onions, Relish, Mustard slathered on a 45 calorie slice of WW Whole Wheat bread. Yummy!
    I ran across a couple of recipes that might work too, I have to get to the other computer where they are stored and post them in the Recipes section here.

Off of the top of my head, Small red potatoes, Low or No fat Mayo, plenty of chopped Celery and Onions and be careful with the portion size and Voila, Potato Salad.

Grill a small Corn on the Cob and You have a SC too.

Lean Boneless thin cut pork chops on the grill instead of High fat Spare Ribs. Sugar Free BBQ Sauce, Yum!

Hi all.
    Jo, I'm glad the surgery is over too. Everyone was really nice at the surgery center. I'm supposed to mostly stay off it and keep it elevated and iced for a few days to a week. I can walk around (hobbling!) and put weight on it. I got a prescription for a cane in case I need it, but I think I'll be fine in a few days. Took a percocet, so pain is minimal. Have fun getting a haircut. Your weekend plans sound like fun. :)
    Roger, yes, life is good. A tiny bit guilty feeling just lounging about, but I'll get over it! :smiley:
    I can see most of the fireworks from the front of my house, but we may go up the hill to the little park in our development, can probably see better from there. If I can't hobble up there, we can drive the few blocks. Our town is having the fireworks Friday night instead of Saturday. Nothing else planned for the weekend....R&R.

Hi Vix
    I would not be feeling guilty over being off Your feet. It had to be done :)

If the cane would be free with the prescription I would probably get it. I had a couple of canes from when I got hurt at work. Sooner or later they come in handy. Using a cane to take weight off the ankle could help with the pain.

Enjoy the Fireworks.
    Roger
    Good morning....more rain. Ankle pretty painful when the percocet wears off! Doing nothing today, but some reading, relaxing, resting, getting up to the computer once in a while.
    Have a happy day. :)

Hi Again
    I'm sorry to hear that it hurts like that. Is it hampering Your sleep too?

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the food thoughts. I plan on taking m 2 hebrew national 97% fat free hot dogs with me.
    Vix- Our fireworks are also on the 3rd. I can see them from my backyard. I don't have to fight the crowds at the high school. There is nothing wrong with lounging around once in a while and you have a good excuse.:)
    I got my hair cut and it is shorter than I usually wear it. As my hairdresser started to dry my hair, she said boy do you have a lot of curl in the back. Now my hair has always been straight and I could never hold a curl. So she put some hair product in and scrunched up my hair as she was drying it and now I have beautiful curls. The upkeep is so much easier than blow drying, all I have to do is add hair product and let it dry naturally if I don't want to spend the time drying it. It saves so much time in the morning. :)
    Have a great afternoon.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all. The surgical center called today, can take more pain medication til it feels better ( I was sticking to the minimum yesterday). Most important to keep it elevated.
    Roger, I might send Pete to get me a cane tomorrow. :)
    Jo, naturally curly hair is easy if you let it do it's thing. :smiley: I just need to remember to get it cut when it gets too crazy.
    Have a great weekend everyone. :)
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Vix, so glad it's done and went well! Don't feel guilty since you're just building up strength for all the exercise you'll do once your healed! :)
    Jo, it would be great to see a picture of your cut! I'm thinking of getting mine cut, too, and just haven't quite made the appointment! :wink:
    Roger, thanks for the summer food ideas!
    Have a great July 4th weekend, everyone!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Linda. I'm glad it's done too. :)
    It looks like it might be a pretty nice day today. Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options

07/02/2015 100%

Hi All
    Is everybody ready for the Holiday weekend?
    I had plans to walk today until my Knee got extremely painful during the night, Maybe tomorrow morning.

I love that the Challenge Theme Logo is so in tune with the Fourth of July Celebrations.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

czc2xl5fmz2v.jpg
    Good Afternoon;
    Roger-thanks for the food thoughts. I plan on taking m 2 hebrew national 97% fat free hot dogs with me.
    Vix- Our fireworks are also on the 3rd. I can see them from my backyard. I don't have to fight the crowds at the high school. There is nothing wrong with lounging around once in a while and you have a good excuse.:)
    I got my hair cut and it is shorter than I usually wear it. As my hairdresser started to dry my hair, she said boy do you have a lot of curl in the back. Now my hair has always been straight and I could never hold a curl. So she put some hair product in and scrunched up my hair as she was drying it and now I have beautiful curls. The upkeep is so much easier than blow drying, all I have to do is add hair product and let it dry naturally if I don't want to spend the time drying it. It saves so much time in the morning. :)
    Have a great afternoon.

Hi Joanne
    That sounds as if it could work. A Protein and a SmartCarb and You have a NutriSystem breakfast or Lunch equivalent.
    Here is what NS Dietary Service said to me
    Hi Roger,
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly comparable.

So if You are going for a Dinner You could have to PFs and a SC and any others that Your Plan calls for.

I get my hair cut more often in the summer to keep it shorter and My brother has his cut really short for the summer so You must be in good company :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all. The surgical center called today, can take more pain medication til it feels better ( I was sticking to the minimum yesterday). Most important to keep it elevated.
    Roger, I might send Pete to get me a cane tomorrow. :)
    Jo, naturally curly hair is easy if you let it do it's thing. :smiley: I just need to remember to get it cut when it gets too crazy.
    Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is good that they are keeping in touch with You.

Have a Nice Pain-free Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Vix, so glad it's done and went well! Don't feel guilty since you're just building up strength for all the exercise you'll do once your healed! :)
    Jo, it would be great to see a picture of your cut! I'm thinking of getting mine cut, too, and just haven't quite made the appointment! :wink:
    Roger, thanks for the summer food ideas!
    Have a great July 4th weekend, everyone!

Hi
    Always glad to be of help. I like that line regarding building up Strength :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Linda. I'm glad it's done too. :)
    It looks like it might be a pretty nice day today. Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone. :)

Thank You, Enjoy the Fireworks tonight
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-I hope the pain is easing up a bit.
    Roger-I hope your knee feels better so you can walk tomorrow. You are doing so well.
    Linda-If I can get hubby to take a decent picture I will post it. I went with shorter hair gradually, so I didn't go into shock. I have always had shoulder length hair. I am at the stage in my life that I don't want to fuss with my hair anymore, so shorter is easier.
    I book my flight to the Uk, now I just have to find somewhere to stay. We are thinking about renting an apartment. We will see which is the better price, apartment or hotel.
    Have a good weekend and safe 4th. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy July 4th! :)
    I got to sleep in until 5am this morning. :)
    I watched the fireworks from the comfort of the guest room bed. I propped up some pillows on the bed and Vinny and I watched the fireworks. No smoke, little noise and no crowds. :)
    Have a happy and safe day. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, congrats on booking your flight. :)
    Roger, hope your knee is feeling better. Ice it if inflamed. Apply heat if it's tight. Wish I could share my pain pills, they always give me too many.
    I'm feeling better. I bought a nice cane with flower design on it, and it's adjustable for height, so I could make it shorter to fit me. :) I may stop taking the prescription today. So far, it's not hurting that much and pills sort of mess up my system. I'll still keep my foot elevated for a few more days, but I'm starting to walk around a little more. We went to the small park in our development last night to watch the fireworks. I think I can see them almost as well from home, so next year will just watch from home. :)
    More rain today. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Fourth of July
    I got out walking yesterday after all, My Knee felt OK by the late afternoon so I got my walk in Between Dinner and Dessert. 2.75 Miles
    Then I was out this morning too for another 2.75 miles and am now officially tired :)

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend
    Roger
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-I hope the pain is easing up a bit.
    Roger-I hope your knee feels better so you can walk tomorrow. You are doing so well.
    Linda-If I can get hubby to take a decent picture I will post it. I went with shorter hair gradually, so I didn't go into shock. I have always had shoulder length hair. I am at the stage in my life that I don't want to fuss with my hair anymore, so shorter is easier.
    I book my flight to the Uk, now I just have to find somewhere to stay. We are thinking about renting an apartment. We will see which is the better price, apartment or hotel.
    Have a good weekend and safe 4th. :)

Hi Joanne
    As You can see the Knee felt better later, I have no idea why it was so painful and sore either.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, congrats on booking your flight. :)
    Roger, hope your knee is feeling better. Ice it if inflamed. Apply heat if it's tight. Wish I could share my pain pills, they always give me too many.
    I'm feeling better. I bought a nice cane with flower design on it, and it's adjustable for height, so I could make it shorter to fit me. :) I may stop taking the prescription today. So far, it's not hurting that much and pills sort of mess up my system. I'll still keep my foot elevated for a few more days, but I'm starting to walk around a little more. We went to the small park in our development last night to watch the fireworks. I think I can see them almost as well from home, so next year will just watch from home. :)
    More rain today. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

Hi Vix
    Good, You got to see the fireworks, I was wondering if the weather would interfere.

Thank You for Your kind offer, I have Pain Killers if I really feel the need. I try and avoid that sort of thing if possible.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha, yeah, me too. They always give me too many. Didn't take any today. I'm finished with them. They mess my system up something fierce. Glad your leg is feeling better. :) I miss walking. Starting to get a little stir crazy. Oh well. A few more days, and I'll get out more.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like a pretty nice day today, a little hazy, but have to get out for a while. Up 4 pounds in 5 days, staying on diet, but not moving enough. Hopefully it's mostly fluid to heal the ankle.
    Got the foot in a bag thing worked out, kept it completely dry this morning in my shower. Yay! Only another week and a half to go.
    Enjoy your Sunday. :)