Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I dropped off the Car for Oil Change, State Inspection and on the way over I lowered the window behind the drivers seat and when I went to raise it, it got most of the way up and made a loud clunk and that was it. I can hear the motor working but the window is no move :( There goes more $$ than I planned on!

I had planned a walk back from dropping off the car with a convoluted routing to get the distance I wanted, 2.73 Miles. I ended up getting my Coffee at a Different Quick Chek a Block and a half from the shop. and then as I got near home I stopped and got a cold Diet beverage at the one near the house.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon
    It is sunny here and a bit cooler than yesterday. I guess we will probably be getting the weather you are having tomorrow.
    I should be getting a new BBB next week. I also added some ala carte frozen dinners.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I had not noticed you could add A La Carte frozen dinners Without ordering a Sampler pack that has all the meals in it.

Cheers
    Roger
    AdNil54f wrote: »
    Beautiful weather the last couple of days, but heat and humidity is supposed to move in for the weekend.
    I do my walking on a treadmill since then I can't use weather as an excuse. :wink: Yesterday I walked the 20 minutes at 2.2 mph but took two one minute breaks. Today I was able to walk it without any breaks, but I can't believe how long that 20 minutes feels! I know it will get easier.

Roger, your 2.75 miles is something I'll still need to work toward!

Jo, Vix, glad you're both doing well. I'm looking forward to more energy!

Hi
    Don't feel bad, It has taken me over a year to get to this point. :)
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! :)
    Roger, you're really consistent with the walks...that's great...it'll really help keep the pounds off. :)
    Jo, have you tried the frozen dinners before? I never did. I'm doing pretty well eating regular food, don't want to have to go back on packaged, but it is nice once in a while to be able to put a boxed meal in the microwave. :) I'll occasionally get one from the supermarket.
    Linda, good for you! Great start on your walking. :) I used to enjoy the quiet time of walking, just letting my mind wander, looking at the local flora and fauna, but I know some people enjoy music while they walk and it may make it seem faster.
    At least a couple of pounds of the giant weight gain last week must have been from fluids for healing. It's slowly ebbing. Yay.
    Not much planned for today, but it looks nice out, so I may go sit on the deck for a while. It's nice and shady in the a.m. :)
    Have a great day.

Hi Vix
    Good to hear that the weight is going away. Water weight can be something else.

Bad day at the roger homestead......
    Window mechanism in the Buick broke this morning. Then We pulled the mower apart and cleaned out a bunch of crud and it's still not starting, So it is now in the repair shop. Fingers crossed it is something simple. I see $$$ flying out the checking account today :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Roger-When I checked back, I did order a sample pack. Sorry about your window. Fingers crossed that it doesn't cost too much to fix.
    Linda-I had my hubby hook up an old TV, so I could watch while I did the elliptical. If I am distracted it doesn't seem so long and sometimes I stay on a little longer. I tried reading a book but with the movement, I kept losing my place. :o
    Vix-I tried the frozen when they first came out and I didn't care for most of the dinners. I believe they were called something like chef's table. There are new ones now, so I thought I would try again. Glad to hear the weight gain from last week is going away. :)
    I went to see the nephrologist today about the cysts on my kidneys. It was kind of a waste of time. He basically said I should be followed by my urologist, because if I needed any kind of procedure done, the urologist is the one that would do it. He also said I should have an ultrasound every 6 months to see if there are any changes in the cysts. I have an appt with the urologist next Friday for a cystoscopy. I will discuss with him what my next step should be.
    Irene-I hope you are well. On the bright side, the scale at the dr. office was a lb. less than my scale. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo, in a way, it's good that you have one less Dr. to see. I hope all goes well for you next week. Glad his scale was lower than yours. That's always a win. :) I'd like to go back to not seeing any Drs for a while...but I've got appts into August. I bought a couple of frozen dinners today...all that talk about having something different I guess. :)
    Roger, hope the fixes aren't too much. Last time I used my vacuum something got stuck in the tube. By the time I figured it out and cleared it, I think something else loosened up so it's spitting dust. I think I'll get the duct tape out next time I need to use it. Luckily, I don't have a lot of rugs.
    Hiya, Linda and Irene.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Rained again overnight. Looks like the sun is trying to peek out.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    The weather is actually nice for the weekend. The Humidity is down and the Temperature was 5 degrees cooler when I started my walk today compared to yesterday. Another 2.75 miles today and I walked a route I only walked before when it was drizzling. Today I saw ripe Raspberries growing along the sidewalk in the woods, They were tasty too.

Got the car back, They called at 2PM. $215 for the back Power window with Parts and Labor. The Oil Change, State Inspection and general checkout took it another $100 + higher.

We are still waiting to hear back about the lawn Mower that would not start, $79 + parts + Misc depending on what else it might need. It isn't that old either, Maybe 4 years, 5 years

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Good Afternoon;
    Roger-When I checked back, I did order a sample pack. Sorry about your window. Fingers crossed that it doesn't cost too much to fix.
    Linda-I had my hubby hook up an old TV, so I could watch while I did the elliptical. If I am distracted it doesn't seem so long and sometimes I stay on a little longer. I tried reading a book but with the movement, I kept losing my place. :o
    Vix-I tried the frozen when they first came out and I didn't care for most of the dinners. I believe they were called something like chef's table. There are new ones now, so I thought I would try again. Glad to hear the weight gain from last week is going away. :)
    I went to see the nephrologist today about the cysts on my kidneys. It was kind of a waste of time. He basically said I should be followed by my urologist, because if I needed any kind of procedure done, the urologist is the one that would do it. He also said I should have an ultrasound every 6 months to see if there are any changes in the cysts. I have an appt with the urologist next Friday for a cystoscopy. I will discuss with him what my next step should be.
    Irene-I hope you are well. On the bright side, the scale at the dr. office was a lb. less than my scale. :)
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I do not think reading a book would work for me either. OTOH I could do an audiobook with no problem.

I did not like most of the Chef's Dinners either. There was one that I liked and that is not the one still left :(
    They do not seem to tech the importance of having a good interaction with Your patients these days either.

Good Luck at the Urologist.
    Roger
    Hi Jo, in a way, it's good that you have one less Dr. to see. I hope all goes well for you next week. Glad his scale was lower than yours. That's always a win. :) I'd like to go back to not seeing any Drs for a while...but I've got appts into August. I bought a couple of frozen dinners today...all that talk about having something different I guess. :)
    Roger, hope the fixes aren't too much. Last time I used my vacuum something got stuck in the tube. By the time I figured it out and cleared it, I think something else loosened up so it's spitting dust. I think I'll get the duct tape out next time I need to use it. Luckily, I don't have a lot of rugs.
    Hiya, Linda and Irene.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Rained again overnight. Looks like the sun is trying to peek out.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    The last few times we bought Vacuum Cleaners, We Bought $49.99 Dirt Devil uprights. For that price there is now one on each floor including the Basement and Attic. I can use the beater on the rugs and Pull the Hose and use a Crevice tool or the one with a round Brush etc.

Enjoy the Frozen Dinners. Sometimes You just want convenient:

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Ah, the repairs are not outrageously expensive. Sounds like you're doing ok with them. Sometimes they really clobber you. My vacuum is relatively new, so I think the duct tape is the way to go. I think it's pulling, just has a loose piece of plastic near the intake.
    Going to visit some friends tonight. That should be fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    I got my frozen food today. I had the chicken fajita melt for lunch. I thought it was a little spicy. I can't wait to try the french toast for breakfast.
    Roger-I listen to audio books in the car to and from work. I never thought to listen while exercising, thanks for mentioning it.
    Vix-I hope the duct tape works. Enjoy your evening with friends.
    My daughter and I are going to map out different routes for her to take to work. She starts a new job in Boston on the 27th. She also wants to walk around the area to scout out places to have lunch and where she can park her car until she gets a pass for the garage.
    My son also starts his new job on Tuesday. After work he is going to look at a house nearer his work. It would only be a 20 min. walk, rather than an hour train ride.
    Have a good weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....
    Jo, how exciting! New jobs! Best wishes to your son and daughter. Hope the house is what he's looking for, so much easier to be closer to work.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking this morning, Again. Another 2.75 miles done. Not much on the agenda beyond doing the Laundry.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Ah, the repairs are not outrageously expensive. Sounds like you're doing ok with them. Sometimes they really clobber you. My vacuum is relatively new, so I think the duct tape is the way to go. I think it's pulling, just has a loose piece of plastic near the intake.
    Going to visit some friends tonight. That should be fun. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Hi Vix
    It isn't just the Car and the Lawnmower, I had hoped to add some money to the balance in checking this month.
    Then Saturdays mail had a $500 Health Insurance Bil I had forgotten was coming, It is my Month to pay the Gas and Electric and that may run high with 2 Big wall AC units and 2 small window units running most days this summer, Then There is the Yard work we did not feel capable of doing the heavy part of so that I will have to pay 1/2 of that too whatever it is.

You can most things with Duct tape :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Evening;
    I got my frozen food today. I had the chicken fajita melt for lunch. I thought it was a little spicy. I can't wait to try the french toast for breakfast.
    Roger-I listen to audio books in the car to and from work. I never thought to listen while exercising, thanks for mentioning it.
    Vix-I hope the duct tape works. Enjoy your evening with friends.
    My daughter and I are going to map out different routes for her to take to work. She starts a new job in Boston on the 27th. She also wants to walk around the area to scout out places to have lunch and where she can park her car until she gets a pass for the garage.
    My son also starts his new job on Tuesday. After work he is going to look at a house nearer his work. It would only be a 20 min. walk, rather than an hour train ride.
    Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I found that a little hot too, OTOH having gotten a bunch of Fiesta Melts as substitutes and They are somewhat hot too, I have been eating them. The One I palmed off on my brother was the Ginger Cashew Chicken Dinner and the White bean Chilli and the Chicken Tortilla Soup. I had hope that the Ginger Cashew Chicken would be OK as the Sesame Ginger Chicken was OK :)

Oh well
    I Like to take the French Toast and use the toaster to heat it, Then I might even put it on the griddle to crisp it further, but that is a personal taste thing.

Enjoy Your Frozen foods
    Roger

P.S. I use the MapMyRun for my walks, I wonder how it would work for trips by car?
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    :)
    4uapl0brmyae.jpg

88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    GoodAfternoon
    I just got back from taking my daughter on her trial run to her new job. I showed her 3-4 different ways to get there. Now she just has to find out where to park.
    We walked 2.75 miles while scouting out places for her to have lunch in the area, if she forgets to bring her lunch.
    Roger-I got one ginger cashew chicken. What didn't you like about the ginger cashew chicken?
    I also like my french toast crispy.
    Ouch, that is a lot of money to shell out in one month, but all necessary.
    Vix-How is the ankle? Are you using your cane?
    Hi Linda-Are the grandkids still visiting?
    Hi Irene-I got your friend request.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Sorry about all the added expenses, Roger. It's hard when you're on a fixed income. Medical bills can be really high.
    Jo, good for you on the walking. :)
    I'm good. I can still feel the cut on the inside of my ankle, but I'm walking pretty well. I've been taking the cane with me if I'm going to walk a bit (like around a store). Haven't gotten back to my regular walks yet. Still trying to keep the foot up a good part of the day. Really looking forward to Wednesday and getting the bandage off. :)
    Have a good evening everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone did a short walk this morning I think I will like being back on days overnight really messed my sleep up well hope you all have a great day wish me luck on my new journey on days at least I will meet some new people
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning Irene;
    I'm glad you found us. Good luck with the days. I think you will like it much better.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hiya Jo.
    Irene...so happy you were able to get back on daytime work. I'm sure you'll feel much better getting back to a daylight schedule. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking today, 2.75 miles again, Somewhat warmer and more humid than yesterday BTW. It seems that I walk faster when it is warmer than when it is cooler, Strange. I had planned to stop at the Produce store for fruit, lettuce and the Dollar Store for a Quart of UHT Milk. It keeps so nicely on the shelf with no refrigeration needed until opened.
    I was there early so I Walked on home. Went to the Post office later when they opened and then on to CostCo where I picked up a bag of Clementines, A Tray of Gala Apples, Bananas and two 5.5 pound bags of frozen Vegetables. I was heading for the door at 9:57 and headed back to the car at 10:10, That makes it a good shopping trip. :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    GoodAfternoon
    I just got back from taking my daughter on her trial run to her new job. I showed her 3-4 different ways to get there. Now she just has to find out where to park.
    We walked 2.75 miles while scouting out places for her to have lunch in the area, if she forgets to bring her lunch.
    Roger-I got one ginger cashew chicken. What didn't you like about the ginger cashew chicken?
    I also like my french toast crispy.
    Ouch, that is a lot of money to shell out in one month, but all necessary.
    Vix-How is the ankle? Are you using your cane?
    Hi Linda-Are the grandkids still visiting?
    Hi Irene-I got your friend request.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    What I did not like with the Ginger Cashew Chicken was the heat. I am not a person that like a lot of heat in their food. One small taste of just the sauce and my mouth was burning for minutes.

It May be necessary to shell that out but i was really hoping to imrpove my checking balance. Then August 1st Property taxes are due and my 1/2 of that will kill August as a way to improve my checking as August is my month to Pay The Cable Bill for Internet and Basic Cable, Living Room Land Line to Verizon and the Water Bill.

Cheers
    Roger
    Sorry about all the added expenses, Roger. It's hard when you're on a fixed income. Medical bills can be really high.
    Jo, good for you on the walking. :)
    I'm good. I can still feel the cut on the inside of my ankle, but I'm walking pretty well. I've been taking the cane with me if I'm going to walk a bit (like around a store). Haven't gotten back to my regular walks yet. Still trying to keep the foot up a good part of the day. Really looking forward to Wednesday and getting the bandage off. :)
    Have a good evening everyone.

Hi Vix
    Medical Bills is one thing I have not had to pay as I choose the option that gets 100% paid as long as I make sure they take what I have for Health Insurance. I do pay some Co-Pay on Prescriptions however.

Good Luck on Wednesday
    Roger
    good morning everyone did a short walk this morning I think I will like being back on days overnight really messed my sleep up well hope you all have a great day wish me luck on my new journey on days at least I will meet some new people

Hi Irene
    So nice to see you back posting :)
    Enjoy working days, I remember that night was bothering You.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Hiya Jo.
    Irene...so happy you were able to get back on daytime work. I'm sure you'll feel much better getting back to a daylight schedule. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Thank You
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. I just came in from sitting out on the deck. It's so nice out, not too hot, not too cold.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    good+morning+Rain.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out a little earlier than usual today. I walked 2.8 Miles today, Took a New route and despite it being moderately cool I was sweating due to humidity once the sun broke through the clouds. Onwards and downwards.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Thanks, Roger. I just came in from sitting out on the deck. It's so nice out, not too hot, not too cold.
    Have a good night. :)
    good+morning+Rain.gif

Hi Vix
    Are You trying to tell us something with the picture of the umbrellas? :)

Nice to have a Deck, I only have a Patio, I suspect a raised deck would catch a little better breeze as the neighbors fences block some of the breeze.

Enjoy The Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    It was wet again this morning....partly cloudy for now, with more rain expected tonight.
    It is nice to have a deck. The space outside our morning room would have been pretty useless without it, and we don't have to go up and down stairs to get to the grill. :smile: We had been thinking about a patio, but I think the deck is easier for us.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Afternoon;
    Vix-it seems like you have been getting a lot of rain.
    Roger-You probably walk faster when it is warmer out because you want to get home to the AC. :)
    Nothing new here.
    Have a good evening.