Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Roger, it's nice out now, but I think we have a chance of more T-storms this afternoon for the drive. Oh well.
    Irene, glad you got some time off. I've never heard of gel shots, but glad they are working for you. It'll be nice to get back to walking.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Evening everyone;
    I worked 9 1/2 hours today in order to get my 40 for the week. I think this is the first time since I started at this store that I didn't have overtime. Management is usually kicking me out early. :)
    Vix-Have a wonderful time at the wedding.
    Irene-I am glad the gel shots are working for you. Do you think you will need a knee replacement in the future?
    Roger-smart of you to get out early for your walk before the storm. As for the push mower, hubby hates to get rid of anything. He is a pack rat.
    Have a good weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Jo, long day, but it might be nice not to have to work OT. Will give you more time to relax. :)
    The wedding was fun and the weather held up. Good thing because they had the ceremony outdoors, right on the riverfront. It was towards the end of the Patapsco River as it heads into the Chesapeake Bay. Everything was beautiful for the happy couple. :)
    It's going to be a hot one here today, but at least the sun is shining. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    hi all. enjoying being off on the weekends I so missed this glad to hear everyone is good I am getting ready to go do food shopping have a great sunday
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It was 77 degrees at SunRise and Humid. I decided to walk anyway. At least by getting out before 6AM I missed having the sun beat down on me making it even worse. I still worked up a bit of a sweat :)
    2.75 Miles walked despite the weather.

I did get lazy and let my brother pick up 2 Lettuce and some smallish Bananas for me at the ShopRite Grocery Store.

The weather forecasts are showing the THI or as they seem to be calling it now feels like temperatures over 100 Degrees for most of the state including the next town over.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Evening everyone;
    I worked 9 1/2 hours today in order to get my 40 for the week. I think this is the first time since I started at this store that I didn't have overtime. Management is usually kicking me out early. :)
    Vix-Have a wonderful time at the wedding.
    Irene-I am glad the gel shots are working for you. Do you think you will need a knee replacement in the future?
    Roger-smart of you to get out early for your walk before the storm. As for the push mower, hubby hates to get rid of anything. He is a pack rat.
    Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I would have been glad to have a 40 hour week. I worked Five 9 hour days and 8 hours on Saturday for the last 10 or 12 years I worked. That is one reason I was more or less happy when they closed that location and Freed the wage slave :) me.

I Know all about being a Pack rat. I have been fighting that the last few years.

Enjoy the day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Jo, long day, but it might be nice not to have to work OT. Will give you more time to relax. :)
    The wedding was fun and the weather held up. Good thing because they had the ceremony outdoors, right on the riverfront. It was towards the end of the Patapsco River as it heads into the Chesapeake Bay. Everything was beautiful for the happy couple. :)
    It's going to be a hot one here today, but at least the sun is shining. :)
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    As You can see we are in the heat today. The weather forecasts are saying the worst heat of the year so far.
    It sounds as if You enjoyed the evening.

It won't be long before You are walking again.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all. enjoying being off on the weekends I so missed this glad to hear everyone is good I am getting ready to go do food shopping have a great Sunday

Hi Irene
    Lucky me, My Brother offered to pick up the little I needed.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Hi all,
    I worked this morning and then came home and cleaned the bathroom upstairs,did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the cat box and now I am taking a little break before I tackle the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen. I am trying to do all my housework today, so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow and not have to worry about cleaning.
    My son's first week of work went well. I am going to skype with him later to get all the details. I am really getting excited about my upcoming trip to the UK.
    Vix-I am glad the wedding didn't get rained out.
    Irene-glad you are enjoying your weekends off.
    Roger-Shop rite just opened in my town.
    Hubby just called, he and my daughter were out for the morning and just asked if I wanted to meet them for lunch.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all,
    I worked this morning and then came home and cleaned the bathroom upstairs,did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the cat box and now I am taking a little break before I tackle the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen. I am trying to do all my housework today, so I can enjoy my day off tomorrow and not have to worry about cleaning.
    My son's first week of work went well. I am going to skype with him later to get all the details. I am really getting excited about my upcoming trip to the UK.
    Vix-I am glad the wedding didn't get rained out.
    Irene-glad you are enjoying your weekends off.
    Roger-Shop rite just opened in my town.
    Hubby just called, he and my daughter were out for the morning and just asked if I wanted to meet them for lunch.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I like the ShopRite, Decent prices and Selections. many of them have Nice large Hot & Cold Salad Bars, Soups Fried Chicken Etc.

They seem to be Mostly Franchises.

I Suspect that You are ready to go see Son :)

You made me tired with Your list chores.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Enjoy your lunch out, your cybervisit with your son, and your day off tomorrow, Jo.
    Irene....yay for weekends off! And you're working days now too....that should help get you back on track.
    Roger, good man for getting your walk in.
    I've been doing some spot cleaning of the floor and some dusting. Just doing a few things at a time, then sitting with my foot up for a bit, then do a few more things. It works out pretty well for getting things done. :)
    Really hot out, I'm going to stay in. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, had a real hard night could not fall asleep it is going to be a long day . Today I go and get my last gel shot then to work and it is so hot already well need to go to work keep cool everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Good luck with your knee, Irene. Stay cool. :)
    I think I'm going to take some comforters and rugs to the laundromat today. I didn't want to stuff them into my washer, so they've been waiting. It's going to be hot again...duh, it's summer, so ot planning to do much outside, other than water my potted plants. :) Looks like we're getting a break from the rain this week. :)
    Enjoy the day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    We have all had those nights Irene. You are probably still adjusting to your shift change. Good luck with your knee.
    Vix-I hope the laundromat has ac. It is very humid here.
    Roger-I had planned to do much more yesterday, but after going out to lunch with family I lost all ambition.
    So I got up this morning and cleaned the downstairs bathroom, tackled the refrigerator and then the kitchen.
    I took everything out of the frig and scrubbed in down. I had cat hair under the crisper drawers, yuck!
    I am now taking a break before my shower and then out to do errands. So much for a relaxing day off.
    I skyped with my son and daughter in law yesterday. They are planning to come down to London for a few day while we are there and then we will all take the train back to their house. We will spend a few days there and then fly home. They put a down payment on a house (to rent) and are just waiting on the background check. They should hear sometime next week.
    Stay cool! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Everybody
    I got a later than planned start with my walking today. Original plan was to be out the door at Sunrise, Sleep intervened and since I do not turn on the alarm function these days I was out the door a hour 10 minutes later :)
    It was 82 degrees and Humid when I got out the door, I took a westerly direction in to keep the morning Sun out of my Eyes and since that also takes me by the Lake on mostly shady routes it helped a little bit. I also chose that routing since I had more than one way to bail out of the walk and cut it short that way. I did get 2.75 miles in but I was in a near terminal sweat condition and worn down by the time I got home. That heat and Humidity takes it out of a person. It is time to create a few new routes for my walking too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Enjoy your lunch out, your cybervisit with your son, and your day off tomorrow, Jo.
    Irene....yay for weekends off! And you're working days now too....that should help get you back on track.
    Roger, good man for getting your walk in.
    I've been doing some spot cleaning of the floor and some dusting. Just doing a few things at a time, then sitting with my foot up for a bit, then do a few more things. It works out pretty well for getting things done. :)
    Really hot out, I'm going to stay in. :)

Hi Vix
    Thank You, It is tough with this summer weather. According to the WABC weatherman Yesterday was the first time we reached that temperature since September of 2013, 670 some days ago.
    That sounds like a good way to get things done. Work, rest work, rest, repeat until done.
    good morning, had a real hard night could not fall asleep it is going to be a long day . Today I go and get my last gel shot then to work and it is so hot already well need to go to work keep cool everyone

Hi Irene
    Hottest day in over 670+ days yesterday. Today has to be better.
    I hope You get a good nights sleep tonight. After walking this morning I am feeling drowsy right now :)

Good Luck with the Knee
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Good luck with your knee, Irene. Stay cool. :)
    I think I'm going to take some comforters and rugs to the laundromat today. I didn't want to stuff them into my washer, so they've been waiting. It's going to be hot again...duh, it's summer, so ot planning to do much outside, other than water my potted plants. :) Looks like we're getting a break from the rain this week. :)
    Enjoy the day, everyone.

Hi Vix, Again :)
    When we bought I let my Brother choose while I worked, He bought a High Capacity Washer that handles anything.
    I watered the potted flowers when I got back from the walk before coming in the house. I also made sure to turn on the AC before I left for the walk. It was much appreciated when I got home and came back inside. I refilled the 7 day pill box I use for Vitamins when I got home as well as sitting out todays vitamins so I created 8 days usage overall.

I may pull on the Long pants and go water outback for a while too. Some of the squash are looking a bit wilted.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    We have all had those nights Irene. You are probably still adjusting to your shift change. Good luck with your knee.
    Vix-I hope the laundromat has ac. It is very humid here.
    Roger-I had planned to do much more yesterday, but after going out to lunch with family I lost all ambition.
    So I got up this morning and cleaned the downstairs bathroom, tackled the refrigerator and then the kitchen.
    I took everything out of the frig and scrubbed in down. I had cat hair under the crisper drawers, yuck!
    I am now taking a break before my shower and then out to do errands. So much for a relaxing day off.
    I skyped with my son and daughter in law yesterday. They are planning to come down to London for a few day while we are there and then we will all take the train back to their house. We will spend a few days there and then fly home. They put a down payment on a house (to rent) and are just waiting on the background check. They should hear sometime next week.
    Stay cool! :)

Hi Joanne
    I would not feel bad about the day off, it sounds as if You more than made up for it today. You made me tired just reading it.

Good Luck for Your Son with the Background check, I am sure it will be good.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, good for you for getting all that cleaning done. I should do my fridge.... I know you're getting excited about your trip. Are you going in September? I'm glad your son found a house to rent. That's the one close to his office? That will be great for him.
    Roger, I could probably stuff my comforter in my washer one at a time, but I just don't want to take the chance. It's easy enough to run over to the laundromat. I can put 2 comforters in one machine there, and I can put the rugs in another machine. Since it was so hot and sunny yesterday, I brought the rugs home out of the washer and just hung them out on the deck to dry. That way I don't mess up the rubber backing. They dried really quickly!
    I didn't manage to make a birdhouse in clay class last week, so I'm going to try that again today.
    Have a great day, everyone. Stay cool. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All FWIW I was up before Sunrise, Got out the door at about 5:50, Walked 2.75 miles, Ate several of what look like the last of the Wild Raspberries on the walk. Hot and Humid once again today, The only saving factor was that I never got hit with Sunshine as it was obscured by Clouds.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, good for you for getting all that cleaning done. I should do my fridge.... I know you're getting excited about your trip. Are you going in September? I'm glad your son found a house to rent. That's the one close to his office? That will be great for him.
    Roger, I could probably stuff my comforter in my washer one at a time, but I just don't want to take the chance. It's easy enough to run over to the laundromat. I can put 2 comforters in one machine there, and I can put the rugs in another machine. Since it was so hot and sunny yesterday, I brought the rugs home out of the washer and just hung them out on the deck to dry. That way I don't mess up the rubber backing. They dried really quickly!
    I didn't manage to make a birdhouse in clay class last week, so I'm going to try that again today.
    Have a great day, everyone. Stay cool. :)

Hi Vix
    Wow, a ceramic Birdhouse, what an idea :)
    I throw the small Bath Mat rugs in the washer here and then into the dryer. No Deck railing or clothesline to dry them on.
    Clean the Fridge, It is only two years old and I want to throw it away, They fixed it under warranty and it needs repairing for the same problem again. It builds ice in the freezer until the defrost cycle water start running out the door onto the kitchen floor. I suspect a design defect. :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Yes, we are going in Sept. The house my son is renting is a very close to work, so he can walk. Did you get to make your birdhouse this week?
    Roger-sorry about your fridge. I think they should give you a new one if they can't fix it right.
    Hi Irene and Linda.
    Hope everyone is staying cool!
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Roger, it does sound like you got a defective fridge. It should have been covered under warranty.
    My doc had an emergency surgery this morning, so my appt was changed to when I usually have my pottery class, so didn't get to make the bird house...will try again next week.
    I also stopped by the gym to see if they could not charge me for my recovery time. I need a Drs note. That's so absurd to treat people like children, but I think my chiropractor will write one for me. He's so cool. I think I'm going to check out the gym that's closer to home, maybe I'll switch.
    Jo, that's wonderful. Your trip sounds like it will be so much fun. :)
    Sleep well, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside, much cooler and lower Humidity than Yesterday. I'm not sure how far I walked as I need to map it out and see. Much more comfortable and more people out walking and jogging too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Yes, we are going in Sept. The house my son is renting is a very close to work, so he can walk. Did you get to make your birdhouse this week?
    Roger-sorry about your fridge. I think they should give you a new one if they can't fix it right.
    Hi Irene and Linda.
    Hope everyone is staying cool!

Hi Joanne
    I need to get going and talk to them, currently procrastination has set in :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Roger, it does sound like you got a defective fridge. It should have been covered under warranty.
    My doc had an emergency surgery this morning, so my appt was changed to when I usually have my pottery class, so didn't get to make the bird house...will try again next week.
    I also stopped by the gym to see if they could not charge me for my recovery time. I need a Drs note. That's so absurd to treat people like children, but I think my chiropractor will write one for me. He's so cool. I think I'm going to check out the gym that's closer to home, maybe I'll switch.
    Jo, that's wonderful. Your trip sounds like it will be so much fun. :)
    Sleep well, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I suspect that they want the Doctors note due to having been taken by someone(s) saying I unable to use the facility due to a medical condition when they perfectly healthy, just being cheap not ill instead.

I know at work we had to do things like that because a couple of people ruined it for everybody. As an example I had someone bragging that he never buys ink for his printer. He Bought it at CostCo and when the ink runs out he takes it back for a free replacement printer since it stopped printing. How he can live with cheating the system like that is beyond me.

On the other hand I may be the person You fuss and fume at for only doing the speed limit in town. During my walk today I went by a Automated "Your Speed Is" device that they have strapped on a Telephone pole in a 25 MPH zone. I saw speeds as high as 40 as I walked towards it. I never speed on that road BTW, I have seen to many Police cars with radar picking off speeders :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, funny how retirement has improved my driving, realizing the importance of safety first. No reason to speed, nowhere to rush to, no desire whatsoever to have any interaction with local law enforcement! :blush:
    Ha....work was different, there were a lot of people lacking the work ethic.
    It's a beautiful sunny day today.
    Have a good one, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Work this morning and then came home and baked some muffins for hubby. Last week when I made his muffins, I left them on the counter to cool. My husband came into the kitchen, looked at the muffins and said what happened.
    One of them had a bite taken out of it. I looked at Vinny and he was licking his chops. I guess he likes apple muffins too. :)
    Vix-I think the gym is just covering themselves from people who will take advantage.
    Roger-I have been stopped twice in my life for speeding, so now I always follow the speed limit signs. The first time I got a ticket for $100.00 and the second time just a warning. I have noticed a lot of people run red lights, turn right on red without even stopping and coast through stop signs. They seem to think it is only a suggestion and not something that has to be followed. :(
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I lost a pound yea jo thats funny have to go take care all