Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out the Door at 5:20AM, Sunrise was at 5:47, It was semi comfortable with the Humidity, However I did beat the heat of the day and Only had sun on my back as I was heading to home. 2.75 Miles, 14 Cents and sweating. The temperatures today are suppose to hit near 90, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s and a THI in the triple digits.

I just did a quick run to the produce store, hot outside now.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good Evening;
    Irene-sounds like you had a good weekend. I am glad the knee is feeling better.
    Vix-I have always wanted to go to Seattle. It sounds like a wonderful trip.
    Roger-I paid 1.99 for a dozen eggs at a little convenience store. I didn't think that was a bad price.
    Our cookout didn't get rained out yesterday. :)
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Local Supermarket was $2.49 for large eggs. The Produce store that is usually cheaper was no better either.

That sounds like good news, Not getting rained out. We had Rain and Thunder yesterday around 5PM.
    Saved me having to water :)

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Funny spell checker poem, Roger. Really foggy here this morning. There's a nice county park about 20 minutes from our house. There's a lake, nature center, and some good walking trails.
    Jo, I'm looking forward to our trip to Seattle, just hoping I don't tire out too quickly/easily.There seems to be a ton of things to see/do there. :)
    Has anyone tried Click....I've been seeing online ads for it.....an espresso flavored protein drink.
    Clay class for me today.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    Glad the Spell checker was enjoyed.

We have 5 parks (Playgrounds) within a 30 minute walk. Some have basketball courts and Kids Playgrounds, Some have those and Tennis and Horse Shoes, Ball fields and one has a Bocce court. There may be more I have not walked past yet until I extend my walking range.

I hear Seattle is nice, Be careful with prices they raised the Minimum wage to $15 an hour in SeaTac city. it might pay to get away from there to buy anything. San Francisco did likewise as I understand it and it looks like Fast Food Workers in NY are going to get that in the future too.

Never heard of Click and probably would not bother. I get my coffee flavored protein drink from NutriSystem.

Cheers
    Roger

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I never heard of click either. If you try it let us know how it is. :)
    Roger-I was just leaving for work at around the same time. :)
    I am still maintaining. I have been keeping my calorie count to around 1300, I think I may have to lower it to 1200 to start losing again.
    I am going to have my hair colored tomorrow. I decided I am not liking the gray.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, well I think the reason I am starting to loose is I don't snack when I come home at night and I started walking again but work sure has me going well got to go to work talk to ypu all tomorrow
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-sounds like you are on the right track. Night snacking is one of my problems. :(
    I had the frozen pancakes for breakfast this morning. I ate them with nothing on them. I thought they were sweet enough that they didn't need syrup.
    I have been having the melts for lunch. I heat them up in the morning before work and then eat them cold for lunch.
    Have a great day and try to stay cool. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, congrats for getting the weight loss going again. Yay!
    Jo, I'm stuck again too. Had some extra snacks yesterday and the scale pops up immediately! I know better than to do that, just have crave days once in a while, need to be careful not to go too much overboard. :(
    Roger, prices are high everywhere. I don't usually buy a lot of things on vacation. We're more into seeing interesting places around the area where we're going. (I don't know how people get by on minimum wage. I'd rather pay a little more and have less homeless people here. I'd love to see more made in the USA tags.)
    Anyhow, going to do some things around the house today. It's supposed to be in the high 80s here all week. Currently overcast. Also need a trip to the library later.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out the door at 5:45AM, I did not beat the heat of course, but it was not too bad until a little ways into the walk so I ended up walking 2.7 Miles :) I worked up a fair sweat despite getting home at 7AM it was already hot.
    Getting out early is the only way to beat the worst of the heat and beat the sun beating down on me too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I never heard of click either. If you try it let us know how it is. :)
    Roger-I was just leaving for work at around the same time. :)
    I am still maintaining. I have been keeping my calorie count to around 1300, I think I may have to lower it to 1200 to start losing again.
    I am going to have my hair colored tomorrow. I decided I am not liking the gray.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I dropped 100 calories off of my meals and started walking so I can not point and say what did help, However I think it could be a combination of both as I believe I am at the point of going from 1800 calories to 1500 calories a day.

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning, well I think the reason I am starting to loose is I don't snack when I come home at night and I started walking again but work sure has me going well got to go to work talk to you all tomorrow

Hi Irene
    It sounds to like You have the answer. Night snacks can be a problem for several reasons.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Irene-sounds like you are on the right track. Night snacking is one of my problems. :(
    I had the frozen pancakes for breakfast this morning. I ate them with nothing on them. I thought they were sweet enough that they didn't need syrup.
    I have been having the melts for lunch. I heat them up in the morning before work and then eat them cold for lunch.
    Have a great day and try to stay cool. :)

Hi Joanne
    I like the frozen pancakes too. OTOH with the pancake mix I add two packets of sweeteners and then add some Maple or Vanilla extract or part of a water flavoring packet and have different tasting pancakes that way.
    How are the Melts cold? It sounds as if You are enjoying the frozen foods.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, congrats for getting the weight loss going again. Yay!
    Jo, I'm stuck again too. Had some extra snacks yesterday and the scale pops up immediately! I know better than to do that, just have crave days once in a while, need to be careful not to go too much overboard. :(
    Roger, prices are high everywhere. I don't usually buy a lot of things on vacation. We're more into seeing interesting places around the area where we're going. (I don't know how people get by on minimum wage. I'd rather pay a little more and have less homeless people here. I'd love to see more made in the USA tags.)
    Anyhow, going to do some things around the house today. It's supposed to be in the high 80s here all week. Currently overcast. Also need a trip to the library later.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    The wages would rise on their own if the demand for help was there. All that foreign made goods is jobs going to another country as well as feeding their economy and draining money from our economy. Just my Opinion of course and I could be wrong.

You are having better weather than my forecast is showing :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well today is my weigh in day and another pound lost yea . It was so hot here yesterday hope it starts to cool off a little well gotta go to work take care all and stay cool
  • eku0
    Options
    hello.
    Congrats Irene on another pound gone. Yay! :)
    Roger, nice film. I agree we need to bring jobs back to our own country. I've always believed in leading by example.
    We saw some interesting videos in art class this morning. One on drawing a face, the other on wetness in water color painting.
    We're having a t-storm that wasn't expected today....good thing, I forgot to water my outdoor pots this morning!
    Hope you're all having a good day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good Evening;
    Roger-I like the melts cold. I also eat some of the shelf stable foods cold also. I put the red beans and rice over my salad. Thanks for sharing the film.
    Irene-congrats on another lb. gone.
    Vix-On radar we are supposed to get thunder showers tonight. It is pretty gloomy out now. We can sure use the rain, my lawn is getting very brown.
    I had my hair colored yesterday, no more gray. I am now a blonde. I tried to upload a new photo, but it is sideways and I haven't figured out how to turn it right side up. It is on my profile page if you want to have a look. I feel like a new person.
    Have a relaxing night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Jo, your profile page says it's private....I think if you post it on here and it shows up sideways, if we click on it as we're reading, it turns right side up. :) We got thrunderstorms around mid-day, but supposed to be sunny the rest of the week.
    Have a good night, everyone. :smile:
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, well today I start my 3 day weekend love having fridays off I usally get a lot done. I am actually a little tired today so I am going to take it easy not much planned for today just food shopping and hair apt. well hope you all have a nice day
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Enjoy your long weekend, Irene.
    I'm going to do a little cleaning, then maybe pick up a few things. I'm having a couple of buddies from work over tonight. It'll be fun.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out and walked my usual 2 3/4 miles. I was out the door early before Sunrise and beat the worst of the heat and Yahoo, The Humidity is down too.

The Censored Deer are still eating things, the latest is they ate most of the leaves off of the pepper plants, Left the Peppers that were growing, why? They also nibbled off the top of a tomato plant and ate some of the leaves off of a Rose Bush. It seems they can work around the thorns :(

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    good morning, well today is my weigh in day and another pound lost yea . It was so hot here yesterday hope it starts to cool off a little well gotta go to work take care all and stay cool

Hi Irene
    You got Your wish, in part anyway. It was cooler and less humid when I went out for my walk at 5:20AM.

Have a Good Upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    hello.
    Congrats Irene on another pound gone. Yay! :)
    Roger, nice film. I agree we need to bring jobs back to our own country. I've always believed in leading by example.
    We saw some interesting videos in art class this morning. One on drawing a face, the other on wetness in water color painting.
    We're having a t-storm that wasn't expected today....good thing, I forgot to water my outdoor pots this morning!
    Hope you're all having a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    Some things it is impossible to buy American anymore. Home electronics and Computers for example.

We had a decent rain Yesterday too, No watering today and only the potted flowers tomorrow :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Evening;
    Roger-I like the melts cold. I also eat some of the shelf stable foods cold also. I put the red beans and rice over my salad. Thanks for sharing the film.
    Irene-congrats on another lb. gone.
    Vix-On radar we are supposed to get thunder showers tonight. It is pretty gloomy out now. We can sure use the rain, my lawn is getting very brown.
    I had my hair colored yesterday, no more gray. I am now a blonde. I tried to upload a new photo, but it is sideways and I haven't figured out how to turn it right side up. It is on my profile page if you want to have a look. I feel like a new person.
    Have a relaxing night. :)

Hi Joanne
    If You are running Windows, You can use Microsoft Paint to rotate, and resize Images and it comes free of charge in most modern windows up to Windows 8, I'm not sure about Windows 10 however.

We got lucky yesterday, we got the rain and missed the Thunderstorms :)

CHeers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Irene enjoy your 3 day weekend. :)
    Vix-I changed my profile so you should be able to see now. :) Have fun tonight.
    I was at the fish counter buying some fish today. Another lady was waiting, she kept sighing and pacing back and forth every time I asked for something. I was buying 4 or 5 different things for a seafood medley. As soon as the seafood person gave me my last package, she jumped right in front of me and yelled her order. The devil in me came out and I said very sarcastically "I'm glad I was finished." Her reply was so am I. If I could have taken my blood pressure at that moment it would have been off the charts. As I was walking away the seafood person said something to her about being rude. Some people are so impatient. :(
  • eku0
    Options
    Jo, I love your haircut, and the blonde looks good. :smile:
    Roger, yep, I know.
    Sleep well. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Happy Saturday! :)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked a slightly different route and walked 2.8 miles today. It was much nicer out today than Yesterday, When I started out it was before Sunrise and the Blue Moon was out with a few wispy clouds drifting across it. I came home, Cooled off and went back out around 8AM and mowed the Lawn. 9682 steps so far today according to the FitBit Zip including the mowing. I am now officially tired :)

My Brother commented that it looks like the Censored Deer was back and ate some more overnight. I have seen them in the woody area below the lake and I saw two or three Yesterday along the edge of another park that has a wooded area along a brook. Them dang things are all over anymore. I do not know how they manage to avoid the thorns on the rose bush they have been nibbling on.

Whats a fella to do, You can not string Razor Wire around the property :)

Joy, Joy, I fixed my Main floor computer last Night too. I thought it was the power supply and the Mailman delivered the new one. Long story cut short, When it still turned on and right off I diagnosed deeper, pulled the back, drives and memory. It turned out to be one of the memory chips I installed as a Memory Upgrade, I left it out and put back the original one and one of the newer ones and voila it is working again. Hmmm.... Not so short a story after all.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene enjoy your 3 day weekend. :)
    Vix-I changed my profile so you should be able to see now. :) Have fun tonight.
    I was at the fish counter buying some fish today. Another lady was waiting, she kept sighing and pacing back and forth every time I asked for something. I was buying 4 or 5 different things for a seafood medley. As soon as the seafood person gave me my last package, she jumped right in front of me and yelled her order. The devil in me came out and I said very sarcastically "I'm glad I was finished." Her reply was so am I. If I could have taken my blood pressure at that moment it would have been off the charts. As I was walking away the seafood person said something to her about being rude. Some people are so impatient. :(

Hi Joanne
    I would hate to be in front of her on the road going slower than she wants to go too.
    I would have been tempted when the seafood person asked is there anything else, to have hemmed and hawed and said there is, Give me a second to think of it :) OTOH sometimes it is hard to resist when they make it that easy.

Congratulations on not blowing You stack at her. BTW I think You made a mistake in Your post where you called her a Lady :)

Hi Vix
    I slept not real well :) that is why I was up before 5AM and out the door by 5:15 despite dithering around in the house. I feel a Mid Day Nap coming on strong.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I don't sleep well either. I get tired in the afternoon, but still can't manage to take a nap. If I go lay down, I'm suddenly wide awake. Could probably fall asleep reading in a chair! Maybe I'll try that. :smiley:
  • eku0
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked a slightly different route for 2.8 miles today, Weather was Cool and low humidity, Tomorrow the Humidity goes back up, oh well.

I suspect that the four legged appetite was back nibbling the flowers and vegetables. I say that since it looks like more damage and the Potted Petunias were knocked over despite no wind last night.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
    I don't sleep well either. I get tired in the afternoon, but still can't manage to take a nap. If I go lay down, I'm suddenly wide awake. Could probably fall asleep reading in a chair! Maybe I'll try that. :smiley:

Hi Vix
    If I am too tired I have more of a problem getting to sleep. Sometimes I lay down to get 40 winks and voila even though I'm sure I got nothing, suddenly it is more than an hour later :)

Have a Good Sunday