Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Well I guess we're getting into winter....32 here this morning.
    Roger, I never heard of smash cakes...I just looked it up...I don't like it. It's like teaching a baby to be selfish and destructive all in one. Haha, guess I'm more old fashioned than I thought! (privilege of aging!) C'est la vie!
    Jo and Irene...I know I'm not going on NS again because it's all processed food, but I'm kind of jealous...it would be so much easier to have prepared meals to follow. I've got to get back on track. Time to cut out snacks for sure.
    Have a massage appointment this morning. That will be nice. I'm a little achy.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 45 degrees. The rain in the forecast made its predicted appearance on schedule. It is supposed to be goner before noon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6375329/Scorched-earth-space-Stunning-satellite-images-brutal-path-California-wildfires.html
    Scorched earth from space: Stunning satellite images show brutal path of California wildfires

https://www.fastcompany.com/90265536/report-id-thieves-are-exploiting-usps-mail-scanning-service-secret-service-warns
    ID thieves are exploiting USPS mail-scanning service, Secret Service warns

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/you-may-be-surprised-by-the-most-popular-halloween_us_59e10b5ce4b02e99c5835624
    You May Be Surprised By The Most Popular Halloween Candy In Your State

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well we didn't go for our walk yet it is like 22 outside so we are just enjoying our coffee and Annie is just sleeping so as long as she is sleeping we are good. Vix the cake is so cute. We are thinking about putting carpeting in our kitchen this way Annie can go in there we are getting tired of the gate and if you go in the kitchen and forget to close the gate she will follow you in we are afraid that she will slip again and hurt her paw again. Hey Jo did you do turbo and if you did how was it? take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    Winter is coming :( I do not blame You for waiting to walk.
    The main problem with Carpet in the Kitchen is keeping it clean, I suspect that a owned carpet cleaner would be in your future if You do carpet the Kitchen. That would keep Annie from slipping for sure.

Good Luck and stay dry today
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Well I guess we're getting into winter....32 here this morning.
    Roger, I never heard of smash cakes...I just looked it up...I don't like it. It's like teaching a baby to be selfish and destructive all in one. Haha, guess I'm more old fashioned than I thought! (privilege of aging!) C'est la vie!
    Jo and Irene...I know I'm not going on NS again because it's all processed food, but I'm kind of jealous...it would be so much easier to have prepared meals to follow. I've got to get back on track. Time to cut out snacks for sure.
    Have a massage appointment this morning. That will be nice. I'm a little achy.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Winter, Yuck :(

I agree, I was not happy when I saw what a baby smash cake was either. I think I am more of a fuddy duddy than You, IMO knowing the Gender of a baby should wait until it is born :wink:

There are some frozen meals that seem to be Organic and not what You think of as processed food. IMO when someone says processed food they mean lots of additives etc. Am I wrong ?

I need to cut out all fast food and Chinese Take out. It is not easy when Burger King is advertising 10 Chicken Nuggets for $1 dollar and Wendy's is advertising any size French Fries for $1 :(

I hope the Massage did the job on Your aches
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, we did a short walk this morning it was raining so hard we got really wet even with rain coat on but I did get5000 steps in we will probably go for another walk later when it stops raining. no big plans for today. The carpeting we are looking at is for high traffic wear but still thinking about it not a problem about shampoo the carpets .I am thinking about doing turbo on ns but I plan on calling ns and to see how it works Vix enjoy your massage hi Roger and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-The cake is cute. I agree with everyone about it being the parents fault for children acting like spoiled brats.
    Irene- yes I did turbo. You are only supposed to do it for a week. You only eat around 900 calories. The food comes in a separate box with a weeks worth of food, a box of turbo shakes and a box of curb crusher bars. Tomorrow is my last day on turbo and then I switch to eating the regular NS plan.
    Roger-I feel so much better now that I am not eating a lot of sugar and sodium. I usually don't eat fast food, but I love Chinese food.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

• RogerToo
    good morning, we did a short walk this morning it was raining so hard we got really wet even with rain coat on but I did get 5000 steps in we will probably go for another walk later when it stops raining. no big plans for today. The carpeting we are looking at is for high traffic wear but still thinking about it not a problem about shampoo the carpets .I am thinking about doing turbo on ns but I plan on calling ns and to see how it works Vix enjoy your massage hi Roger and Jo
    Hi Irene
    I wore Rain Pants and a Rain Jacket when I went out too. Where I got wet was stepping into a puddle I did not notice in the poor light. OTOH the rain was steady but not real heavy so it was OK. Can I guess that You are thinking about one of the stain Proof or stain resistant carpets ? I need to replace a regular carpet after dropping a Chinese Takeout on it, the sauce stained the carpet and two different cleaning services one of which was Stanley Steemer fail to get it out :(

I thought You were already on NS ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Vix
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-The cake is cute. I agree with everyone about it being the parents fault for children acting like spoiled brats.
    Irene- yes I did turbo. You are only supposed to do it for a week. You only eat around 900 calories. The food comes in a separate box with a weeks worth of food, a box of turbo shakes and a box of curb crusher bars. Tomorrow is my last day on turbo and then I switch to eating the regular NS plan.
    Roger-I feel so much better now that I am not eating a lot of sugar and sodium. I usually don't eat fast food, but I love Chinese food.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    OK, That explains it, I do recall the Turbo Plan. I wonder if it can be used as part of the regular NS plan ? or if it is only a introductory plan when starting NS.

I feel better when I stay on NS also. Sadly Chinese is so tempting. I am feeling tempted to get some Pork and Broccoli or Beef an broccoli. If that happens I need to remember to tell them to hold the rice and sauce on the side. I know the rice is bad for me and I have a suspicion that the sauce is also.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I generally don't eat fast food at all.
    Roger, processed food usually has lots of additives. And it's hard to avoid food groups that I'm not supposed to have. I buy processed almond or coconut milk to put in my coffee, but it has lecithin in it which I'm not supposed to have. I also avoid soy and dairy, and most chemicals, so it's very difficult to find boxed or canned food without any of that. I have started buying organic half and half(dairy) occasionally for my coffee (decaf organic, also processed).
    Right now I'm having a very hard time trying to stick to any type of diet. It might be something to do with the time of year. Anyway, I'll keep working at it.
    Jo, it would be tempting if I could buy just a week of turbo to get me started. Funny, but I think I do better in high altitudes. We're just above sea level here. Need more vacations to the mountains!
    Irene, good luck with carpet in the kitchen....I could never do that, we spill too much! :smirk:
    Looks sunny out today, will probably walk later.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, hey we found 13 cents. Roger I am still on ns but I cheat terrible need to get back on track keep loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds I thought about trying turbo to give me a boast. We are looking stain resistant not sure about color yet. take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    I have just posted humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees. Today's forecast is for the northern half of NJ to start as a wet snow and rain in the southern part. The Snow is supposed to turn to rain at some point.

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/
    Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist

Hmm...
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/texas-sees-snow-before-new-york-as-near-record-cold-hits-south#gs.iE0pQt8
    Texas Sees Snow Before New York on Near-Record Cold in South

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/11/13/obesity-pill-aims-kill-hunger-expanding-stomach/
    Obesity pill aims to kill hunger by expanding in your stomach

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/12/california-wildfires-smoke-plumes-new-england/
    Smoke Plumes From Devastating California Wildfires May Extend To New England

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/11/13/veteran-miraculously-wakes-up-after-being-clinically-dead/
    Clinically Dead Veteran Miraculously Wakes Up

Not in my House !
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/7725968/samsung-tvs-controlled-by-your-mind/
    MIND BLOWING Samsung to start testing first smart TVs that can be ‘controlled by your MIND’
    It would allow people to switch channels and change the volume using only their brains

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/48k-per-amazon-hq-job
    NY taxpayers to pay $48,000 per Amazon HQ job

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    I generally don't eat fast food at all.
    Roger, processed food usually has lots of additives. And it's hard to avoid food groups that I'm not supposed to have. I buy processed almond or coconut milk to put in my coffee, but it has lecithin in it which I'm not supposed to have. I also avoid soy and dairy, and most chemicals, so it's very difficult to find boxed or canned food without any of that. I have started buying organic half and half(dairy) occasionally for my coffee (decaf organic, also processed).
    Right now I'm having a very hard time trying to stick to any type of diet. It might be something to do with the time of year. Anyway, I'll keep working at it.
    Jo, it would be tempting if I could buy just a week of turbo to get me started. Funny, but I think I do better in high altitudes. We're just above sea level here. Need more vacations to the mountains!
    Irene, good luck with carpet in the kitchen....I could never do that, we spill too much! :smirk:
    Looks sunny out today, will probably walk later.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    I have looked at some of the ingredients lists on foods and they be long. I had forgotten just how particular Your diet has to be. I suppose You can't drink coffee without creamer ? My brother and I only drink it black so...

I think some fast foods can be additives free... If I buy a Burger for example I usually throw out the Bun. So I would order a Whopper from Burger King and eat the vegetables separately and then eat the Burger with a little salt like a chopped Steak.

I would not be surprised if the problem sticking to the diet is tied to Genetics and the time of Year. To put it another way Your Body wants to stock up on foods for the lean times of winter. That was the pattern for most of Humanities time.

I doubt that would like the list of ingredients in the Turbo package.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Roger- I think you may be able to buy the turbo take off kit. It is not recommended for more than one week in any consecutive 4 week period. I suspect it is because you are only eating around 900 calories.
    Irene-congrats on finding 13 cents. I found a penny yesterday.
    Vix-we spill too much also. I would be cleaning the carpet every day. ;)
    Today I am off from work and plan on catching up on some much needed housework.
    Have a great day.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning, hey we found 13 cents. Roger I am still on ns but I cheat terrible need to get back on track keep loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds I thought about trying turbo to give me a boast. We are looking stain resistant not sure about color yet. take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    Congratulations on finding the money.

It is not just You, Too many cheat days in my diet too :(
    I seem to be taking one step forward and 0.95 steps back with my diet as a result.

I would not care how the color looks, what I would look at is would anything that falls on it show or not. Two ways to look at it, choose a color that makes it easy to see and clean up anything that falls on it or go the other way and select a color that would hide any stains.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger- I think you may be able to buy the turbo take off kit. It is not recommended for more than one week in any consecutive 4 week period. I suspect it is because you are only eating around 900 calories.
    Irene-congrats on finding 13 cents. I found a penny yesterday.
    Vix-we spill too much also. I would be cleaning the carpet every day. ;)
    Today I am off from work and plan on catching up on some much needed housework.
    Have a great day.
    Hi Joanne
    I just did a quick search and found that Walmart appears to sell 5 day Turbo Meal Kits.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nutrisystem-5-Day-Turbo-Protein-Powered-Homestyle-Weight-Loss-Kit-4-4-lbs-15-Meals-5-Shake-Mixes/554347906

I believe that a 900 a day calorie more or less qualifies as a starvation diet. Doing that periodically will work IMO.

It looks like my money finding drought is localized to where I am.

I just saw this in my email :(
    DEAR NUTRISYSTEM CUSTOMER,
    We're contacting you to inform you of a change to one of our menu items. Effecitve immediately, the Thick Sliced French Toast is being discontinued.
    Discontinued Item and Substitution
    Thick Sliced French Toast Home Style Pancakes
    I will pass on the Pancakes as I can buy decent stat ones in plain or Blueberry from the dollar store. FWIW Notice the misspelling of the word effective in the email, it appears that NS doesn't use spell check or ignored it :smiley:

Have a Good Day off
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Well, it's snowing.Big puffy flakes, sticking and covering fast. Schools are closed so my art class is cancelled....will see how it progresses and if my dentist and chiropractor appts are cancelled this afternoon.
    I have things to catch up on around the house. Was thinking about taking a nice hot soak this a.m. I have laundry to do and would like to make some soup. Can always straighten up, and could plan out my shopping list for Thanksgiving.
    I guess if I get desperate, I can buy a turbo pack at Walmart and eat processed food for 5 days, though at this point I don't know if it will hurt or help.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay safe and warm. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I will miss the pancakes and the French toast hope they give us new stuff to replace them. I am suppose to get my frozen ns order today. I don't think we are going to get much snow mostly rain . We did get in over an hour walk this morning . Annie and I will be going out later for another walk. We were looking at the different color still not sure which one yet. We do plan on picking up extra just incase we have a bad spill but most of the time we are pretty good. I think I might do turbo but after thanksgiving not even going to try .Vix I do remember you had to be careful with what you eat, it makes it hard . Jo enjoy your day off. Roger if you need to go out be careful
  • eku0
    Well, I cancelled my appointments today. We had a few inches of snow and ice, and I didn't feel like driving in it. It looks like it finally stopped. It'll be in the 40s tomorrow, so hopefully it will melt off.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking as I suspect my brother will want to shovel this very heavy wet snow. Just in case I did not drink all of yesterdays coffee and will heating it up in a minute. The Temperature out the door is 35 degrees. Yesterday's forecast was for the northern half of NJ to start as a wet snow and rain in the southern part. The Snow is supposed to turn to rain at some point, that happened much later than was forecast and the snow out my windows that should have been washed away is still out there slowly going away in a slushy mess. I did manage to sleep in later than usual so that's to the good.

According to this mornings news some students were stuck in school overnight. Yesterdays rush hour traffic was horrendous with normally 15 minute drives taking 5+ hours.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-us-city-is-paying-people-more-than-10000-just-to-move-there-2018-11-14
    Tulsa is paying people more than $10,000 just to move there

https://www.apnews.com/584754eadd0a43a1ab5bf93af54845af
    Next generation of biotech food heading for grocery stores

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/bailey-richardson-decided-to-quit-instagram-this-year-she-also-helped-create-the-social-media-app-1947551
    She Decided To Quit Instagram This Year. Had Also Helped Create It
    68 per cent of Americans have either quit or taken a break from social media this year, according to the Pew Research Center.

https://fox8.com/2018/11/12/dog-food-recalled-for-making-pets-violently-ill/
    Dog food recalled for making pets violently ill

https://www.sfgate.com/california-wildfires/article/Paradise-Camp-Fire-horse-found-pool-rescued-Hill-13388884.php
    Shivering horse found waiting out Camp Fire in backyard pool

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/environment/sd-me-climate-study-error-20181113-story.html
    Climate contrarian uncovers scientific error, upends major ocean warming study

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article221652130.html
    The ‘staggering’ raccoons were acting rabid, but they were just drunk, W.Va. cops say

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/meteorite-crater-meteor-greenland-ice-sheet-hiawatha-glacier-scientists-a8633826.html
    Giant meteorite crater bigger than Paris found beneath Greenland’s ice sheet
    Impact could have 'drastically altered the climate and led to serious consequences for life on Earth at the time', scientists say

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning
    Well, it's snowing.Big puffy flakes, sticking and covering fast. Schools are closed so my art class is cancelled....will see how it progresses and if my dentist and chiropractor appts are cancelled this afternoon.
    I have things to catch up on around the house. Was thinking about taking a nice hot soak this a.m. I have laundry to do and would like to make some soup. Can always straighten up, and could plan out my shopping list for Thanksgiving.
    I guess if I get desperate, I can buy a turbo pack at Walmart and eat processed food for 5 days, though at this point I don't know if it will hurt or help.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay safe and warm. :)
    Hi Vix
    The Snow arrived around the time they were forecasting, I saw a few stray flakes after 12 Noon and by 12:45 it was snowing steady and starting to accumulate. The problem is that it stayed as snow much later than originally thought. If I understood the weatherman this morning something about the Dew Point crossing with something else so it stayed snow longer. And that was not in any of the computer models they use.

Most of our schools had early dismissals. They do that so they can count a day of incomplete learning as a full day :(

On a day like yesterday Soup sounds really good.
    Well, I cancelled my appointments today. We had a few inches of snow and ice, and I didn't feel like driving in it. It looks like it finally stopped. It'll be in the 40s tomorrow, so hopefully it will melt off.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good Move if the traffic in Your area was a snarled with road closures as they were in the Tri-State area here.

Darn it I just looked out the window and as was forecast the rain that was falling when I got up has turned back to snow, Color me unhappy.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne