Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, our roads here were terrible yesterday George came home early the traffic in Trenton was really bad there was like 400 accidents me I never even started my jeep . Annie and I did go for a walk when it was snowing it was nice . Now this morning most of the snow is gone our weather was suppose to turn to rain yesterday but that never happened. Roger I got my frozen yesterday and I did get my French toast and pancakes so I am good. Take care everyone if you are going out be careful
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Ours pretty much stayed as snow til evening when it turned to icy rain. Some of it is washed away, but there's still some snow and ice. The plows came by last night so there are ice bolders in front of our driveway that we'll have to take care of. It's 36 now with an expected high near 40, partly cloudy to sunnier in the afternoon. So most of the rest of it should melt. It's still icy out there, so schools are 2 hours late.
    I got rid of some of my clutter yesterday, and made a nice big pot of vegetable soup.
    We'll see how today goes.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Our snow didn't start until early evening. I am not sure how much we got but it was enough that we have to shovel. It was raining when I went to work this morning. The roads were clear.
    Vix-yesterday was a good day for soup.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted some humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and 10 cents found breaking a streak of nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. Friday was a weird day with Thursdays snow having turned to rain and then after I would normally have been home it turned back to snow for a while. If You are wondering why I stayed indoors Friday, The streets were covered with wet slush and I could see myself being hit by slush thrown by passing cars. Southern NJ only had rain and wind. We got it all here.

Some of the leaves are tough. There were lots of broken off branches and uprooted trees due to certain species that still had lots of leaves and the snow built up on the leaves and branches and down they went. Tough on the people whose cars and houses had trees fall on them.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/15/fake-fingerprints-can-imitate-real-fingerprints-in-biometric-systems-research
    Fake fingerprints can imitate real ones in biometric systems – research

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lost-disney-film-showing-mickey-mouses-predecessor-found-080617483.html
    Lost Disney film showing Mickey Mouse's predecessor found in Japan

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/11/14/condiments-quota-eastport-south-manor-central-school-district/

That’s Un-American! Parents Object To Long Island School District’s Quota On Condiments
    Eastport-South Manor Officials Say They Fear State's Wrath If They Don't Put Limits On Ketchup, Mustard And Mayonnaise

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/03/26/slice-of-ketchup-kickstarter/
    ‘Slice’ Of Ketchup? Company Tries To End Condiment Mess With New Take On Old Classic

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/crack/crack-dealer-complaint-395021
    Indiana Man Contacts Police With Complaint About His Crack Dealer

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/mcdonalds-bacon-assault-902851
    Cops: McDonald's Worker Charged In Bacon Attack

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-house-race-democrat-jim-glenn-wins-just-1-vote/
    "A win's a win": Just one vote decides Kentucky House race

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, our roads here were terrible yesterday George came home early the traffic in Trenton was really bad there was like 400 accidents me I never even started my jeep . Annie and I did go for a walk when it was snowing it was nice . Now this morning most of the snow is gone our weather was suppose to turn to rain yesterday but that never happened. Roger I got my frozen yesterday and I did get my French toast and pancakes so I am good. Take care everyone if you are going out be careful
    Hi Irene
    I thought that the weather reports showed rain over You area, They got it wrong ?

Did George at least get home with a not to long a drive time from the weather. The Way I look at it four wheel drive gets You moving better than normal drive, it does not help You stop or steer much better if at all, so good move not getting on the road.

Friday Morning by 11AM the roads had dried off and the sun was shining, later in the day the clouds returned.

I hope I did not mislead You, Pancakes are what they plan to substitute for the French Toast. I prefer the French Toast TBH.

Did You get Your delivery of NS early or ?

The sidewalks are for the most part OK, some icy frozen slush at some of the corners but overall it was not too bad walking today.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Ours pretty much stayed as snow til evening when it turned to icy rain. Some of it is washed away, but there's still some snow and ice. The plows came by last night so there are ice bolders in front of our driveway that we'll have to take care of. It's 36 now with an expected high near 40, partly cloudy to sunnier in the afternoon. So most of the rest of it should melt. It's still icy out there, so schools are 2 hours late.
    I got rid of some of my clutter yesterday, and made a nice big pot of vegetable soup.
    We'll see how today goes.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    The Snow turned to rain overnight heading into Friday and then after the sun came up turned back to snow. Then The Plows came by an plowed the Slush into piles at the foot of the driveway so we went out and cleared that out just in case the forecast for overnight freezing was accurate, It wasn't. We did not want hard piles of frozen slush at the foot of the driveway and sidewalk so a Shoveling we went.

There was one report I saw where a 10 mile drive took 9 hours :(

De-cluttering is always a good thing, we did some last week and to the recycle yard it went with a lot going into the Salvation Army Bins.

Home made Vegetable Soup, Yum, Yum :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Our snow didn't start until early evening. I am not sure how much we got but it was enough that we have to shovel. It was raining when I went to work this morning. The roads were clear.
    Vix-yesterday was a good day for soup.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    Have a good evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    You got lucky I am guessing that Your traffic was nowhere near as snarled up as ours as a result of the later start time. Was Your snow a wet heavy snow too, ours ended up much closer to slush than snow :(

Raining I can handle it is sleet or freezing rain that is scary and dangerous.

BTW are You off for the weekend, Hopefully.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I went out yesterday and got rid of the snow plow debris in front of our driveway. The rest melted off. We went to the park and started to walk on the trail, but parts of it were flooded so we turned around and walked on the paved roads and paths instead. It was cold, but good to get out.
    I may go out today and try on some hiking boots. I'd lke to get something comfortable and waterproof...better than sneakers. Also want to shop for new gloves for hubby for the holiday.
    It's overcast this morning and windy. Partly cloudy, high of 40.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all just wanted to drop in and say on my way out take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-Our snow was wet but yours seems to have been much worse. I am off for the weekend.
    I just had the had the spinach and cheese pretzel melt for lunch. I cooked it in the microwave'
    It was ok. It may have tasted better if I had cooked it in the toaster oven. I will try that next time I order one.
    Congrats on finding a dime.
    Hi Irene.
    Vix-good luck on your shopping trip.
    I am doing laundry today and not much else.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    I went out yesterday and got rid of the snow plow debris in front of our driveway. The rest melted off. We went to the park and started to walk on the trail, but parts of it were flooded so we turned around and walked on the paved roads and paths instead. It was cold, but good to get out.
    I may go out today and try on some hiking boots. I'd like to get something comfortable and waterproof...better than sneakers. Also want to shop for new gloves for hubby for the holiday.
    It's overcast this morning and windy. Partly cloudy, high of 40.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I have a Pair of Boot insulated Shoe combination that I use if I expect to be trudging through puddles or snow. The Bottom is a like a pair of boots with an aggressive tread and the top is like leather work boots that support the ankle, I have never had wet feet in them, I guess I could get into water that is over the top and if that happened shame on me. That would mean I don't know what I was walking on. Water on the trail could in theory be covering slippery ice or mud. The coldest NJ weather does not chill my feet in those.

Gloves and Mittens are both in my arsenal, I also carry a pocket warmer that can be slipped down the mittens in case the battery runs down in my heated ones.

There is a slight possibility of rain sometime Monday :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all just wanted to drop in and say on my way out take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    MFP is giving me fits today. I had a longer post but it went away, maybe this one will post ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-Our snow was wet but yours seems to have been much worse. I am off for the weekend.
    I just had the had the spinach and cheese pretzel melt for lunch. I cooked it in the microwave'
    It was ok. It may have tasted better if I had cooked it in the toaster oven. I will try that next time I order one.
    Congrats on finding a dime.
    Hi Irene.
    Vix-good luck on your shopping trip.
    I am doing laundry today and not much else.
    Have a great day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    Wet snow is bad enough ours was more like a wet sponge :(

I like that one also. What I do is split the packaging, lay it in a shallow dish as a line then put the Melt upside down so that if the seam splits it does not spray the inside of the Microwave, No wrapping in a paper towel for any of the melts. I have to wonder if the paper towel is as much to keep from splattering the Microwave as any other reason. I also reduce heating time slightly.
    You could also try heating it in the Microwave on a Crisper tray or in a crisper bag if You wanted it crisper ?

FWIW I like the three Stuffed Chicken Breasts a lot.

I saw a Worst Cooks in America Special the other day where they demonstrated Spatchcocking the Turkey.

http://dish.allrecipes.com/how-to-spatchcock-and-roast-a-turkey/
    How to Spatchcock Turkey For the Fastest, Crispiest, Juiciest Turkey Ever
    And
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/543-45-minute-roast-turkey

45-Minute Roast Turkey
    Mark Bittman
    Melina Hammer for The New York Times

In 2002, Mark Bittman published this revolutionary approach to roasting the Thanksgiving turkey, which allows you to cut the cooking time of the average turkey by about 75 percent while still presenting an attractive bird. Simply cut out the backbone — or ask your butcher to do it for you — and spread the bird out flat before roasting, a technique known as spatchcocking that is commonly used with chickens. Roasted at 450 degrees, a 10-pound bird will be done in about 45 minutes. Really. It will also be more evenly browned (all of the skin is exposed to the heat), more evenly cooked, and moister than birds cooked conventionally

I should do Laundry today too, Nah, Not on a day of rest, Sunday IOWs.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, We didn't walk yet with it being colder outside we can go later so we are enjoying our coffee it is like 23 outside so I am in no big hurry. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Tried lots of hiking boots on yesterday. Ended up finding a pair of lightweight waterproof ones. Good to try them on in the store...had to go to 3 stores to find my size in the ones I liked. Ordering them online from Amazon and saving $50!
    Roger, I read about the spatch-cocked turkey last year, and the fried turkey before it Let me know how it is if you try it. I'm pretty good at cooking a nice juicy, well browned traditional turkey. Easy enough to pop it in the oven early.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    More humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no cents found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees.
    It would appear from the weather forecast that we are heading into a period of below normal temperatures with Thanksgiving day being the coldest.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/11/16/screams-of-terror-fill-philly-restaurant-after-stabbing-prank/
    Screams Of Terror Fill Philly Restaurant After Stabbing Prank

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6398085/Walking-backwards-boost-short-term-memory.html
    Walking backwards can boost your short-term memory, study suggests (but scientists have no idea why!)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/11/16/weight-lifting-better-heart-health-running-new-study-finds/
    Weight lifting better for heart health than running, new study finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/household-debt-hit-record-high-13-5-trillion-last-quarter-n937216
    Household debt hit a record high of $13.5 trillion last quarter
    Total household debt is now $837 billion higher than its previous peak, which was in 2008 before the recession.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, We didn't walk yet with it being colder outside we can go later so we are enjoying our coffee it is like 23 outside so I am in no big hurry. take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    I find that if I get out early I am out before the temperature has has reached the lowest temp. So as I warm up from walking the temperature is dropping slightly and that works for me.

I do not really blame You for deciding to stay in and have a nice cup of coffee, That is colder than what we have had so far. I would have thought that being further south You would be warmer than I.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Tried lots of hiking boots on yesterday. Ended up finding a pair of lightweight waterproof ones. Good to try them on in the store...had to go to 3 stores to find my size in the ones I liked. Ordering them online from Amazon and saving $50!
    Roger, I read about the spatch-cocked turkey last year, and the fried turkey before it Let me know how it is if you try it. I'm pretty good at cooking a nice juicy, well browned traditional turkey. Easy enough to pop it in the oven early.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I doubt that we will do that as my brother is a traditional type, in cooking and recipes and what is cooked for the Holiday.

Mom always cooked the Turkey low and slow until the meat was ready to fall of the bones.

I have a problem finding shoes that fit properly in the stores. My brother having even wider feet really has a problem finding shoes locally and will not buy online without trying them on.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Mostly cloudy today, 40, high of 54. Warmer than it's been. I have an acupuncture appointment this afternoon. Went to the park yesterday, was dry enough to walk the path, just had to go around some muddy spots. I'd like to do my thanksgiving shopping today, will see if hubs feels like it.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is a gloomy, cold day here. I am off today. I have been to the grocery store to pick up a few things and CVS. Nothing else on the agenda for today.
    Hope everyone has a good week. :)