Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning, vix the picture is really nice you do such great work. If you decide to ever sale you stain glass let me know. Roger it was pretty cold on our walk this morning it was the wind that made it so cold. hi jo
    Hi Irene
    It was cold this morning but at least is was wind free, so better than yesterday.

I hope Your walk was good this morning. Today is the day my brother makes the Grocery store run, I shall not be joining him at the store, Too many temptations there.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger-We have a lot of mall walkers at the all near us. I also DVR everything that I watch and fast forward through the commercials.
    Vix-I find that the can openers that are being sold these days are of inferior quality. Years ago items lasted longer. I have a few things of my mothers, that are over 60 years old and still work fine.
    Irene-It is good to take a day off every once in a while.
    It is 29 degrees and very windy. It feels a lot colder. Nothing planned for today except laundry.
    Have a great day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    The Dishnetwork DVRs here have a 30 second forward and 10 second reverse skip function as well as a selection of forward and reverse speeds and Slo Mo of course.

We still use a Potato peeler from Mom that is I do not know how old that I prefer over the modern styles.

I hate walking when the wind chill is low, OTOH the cold does help burn calories.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-I like your painting.
    We went to the gym this morning. I did 3 miles on the treadmill,8 of which were jogging.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    No plans for today.
    Have a super Sunday! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Thanks for the compliments! It's good for me to have some creative outlets.
    Interesting anthropology article, Roger.
    You're doing great with the gym, Jo...3 miles on the treadmill is great.
    Irene, you always amaze me with how much walking you do.
    Funny, I have some old kitchen tools from my Mom too...carrot peeler, grapefruit knife, garlic press, etc....no problems!
    Cold again here today, low 20s into the low 30s later, snow or wintry mix overnight into tomorrow. Oh well.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting humor shortly to avoid triggering the spam filter I space posts out

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees. I decided to walk and the footing was OK, I could hear the surface I was walking on making crunchy noises OTOH. I was careful to keep checking traction periodically as I walked.

Diet, Yesterday was not great for me, My brother picked up some of the hot foods at the Grocery Store. One meatball, I do not know how they managed it but the darn thing was tough. One over a inch thick slice off of a big meatloaf, How they could call what was entirely Ground Beef meatloaf in a gravy with onions is beyond me, And a Thin Cut Pork Chop in a gravy with button mushrooms. Ha no wonder the scale was up 0.5 pounds this morning, I just looked at the receipt and that weighed 1.23 pounds and guess who ate it all yesterday :( Yup You guessed it.

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Yellowstone-trespass-foot-bath-hot-spring-geyser-13254622.php
    Clueless man tries to bathe feet in Yellowstone hot spring
    He ignored warnings, jumped barricades to enter thermal area

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/4-of-the-5-most-affordable-retirement-spots-are-in-florida.html?recirc=taboolainternal
    4 of the 5 most affordable retirement spots are in this state

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/9-affordable-us-vacation-spots-for-2019.html
    9 vacation spots you can actually afford for 2019

https://sputniknews.com/science/201902101072289654-stone-structures-western-sahara/
    Traces of Unknown Civilisation Found in Western Sahara - Reports

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/02/08/las-vegas-bunker/
    Looking For A Doomsday Bunker? This One Is For Sale In Vegas For $18M

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/could-women-white-sway-venezuelan-soldiers-blocking-aid-021353085.html
    Could women in white sway Venezuelan soldiers blocking aid?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Vix-I like your painting.
    We went to the gym this morning. I did 3 miles on the treadmill,8 of which were jogging.
    Hi Irene and Roger.
    No plans for today.
    Have a super Sunday! :)
    Hi Joanne
    You managed to confuse me, You say You did 3 miles on the treadmill and 8 of them were jogging, I am guessing that is a typo :wink:

My big plan for today is tag along if my brother decides to go for a haircut, that depends on what the roads look like later.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Irene
    Hopefully the snow is a non event for You too
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Thanks for the compliments! It's good for me to have some creative outlets.
    Interesting anthropology article, Roger.
    You're doing great with the gym, Jo...3 miles on the treadmill is great.
    Irene, you always amaze me with how much walking you do.
    Funny, I have some old kitchen tools from my Mom too...carrot peeler, grapefruit knife, garlic press, etc....no problems!
    Cold again here today, low 20s into the low 30s later, snow or wintry mix overnight into tomorrow. Oh well.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    We still use the Colander that I remember Mom using when I was back in school :smiley: Talk about a durable utensil.

I hope Your weather is OK, Monday and Tuesday. Just in case I have enough Coffee left from today's walk that I can heat it if I look out the window and decide to stay home Tomorrow.

Stay Safe and Warm
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Roger-sorry for the confusion. I did 3 miles on the treadmill and I jogged 8 minutes out of 45 that it took me to complete the 3 miles. Sometimes my mind works a lot faster than my fingers when I am typing. I usually proofread before I submit my reply. :)
    Today I go for my yearly check with the dermatologist.
    Hi Vix.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great day!

• eku0
    Good morning.
    We had a little snow last night, and probably some freezing rain, more freezing rain expected for today. It's 31 degrees with a high of 35 expected. My acupuncturist postponed my appt to Wednesday, so I don't have to go anywhere today, if it doesn't clear up. It looks icy outside.
    I went on my eliptical for 45 minutes yesterday at a relatively slow pace. I'm trying to see if I can make my legs/ankles feel better. I think the walk in the park, which is basically forest with an uneven path might be too much for now. So happy I kept my eliptical when we moved.
    Great work on the treadmill, Jo! Good luck with the dermatologist.
    Roger, when I look through my kitchen, there are actually a lot of small kitchen tools that belonged to my parents...I also have some other tools, like screwdrivers, etc. They really don't make them like they used to! I generally stock up on coffee at home, and very rarely run out. I try to buy organic decaf, but sometimes buy Duncan Donuts decaf because it just tastes better. :wink:
    Hi Irene!
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, I never got on the computer yesterday. George and I went out for breakfast it was really nice of course I am up 2 pounds I am sure it is from the ham and cheese omelet I had oh I also had fried potatoes any way it was really good .So now I will drink a lot of water. We did do an hour walk there was a dusting of snow when we walked but it did start snowing now . I will probably get on the treadmill later not sure if we will go on our second walk depends on how much snow we get take care everyone
  • IreneMurman
    jo good luck at the dermatologist
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more Humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees. I decided to walk and so far the snow in the forecast has not made its appearance. According to this mornings weather forecast Only Central and North NJ will see snow that turns to sleet and rain with the south NJ areas seeing rain. It looked as if we are in the 1 to 3 inch of snow before the changeover.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/10/john-kirk-martin-county-kentucky-sheriff-suspends-/
    Kentucky sheriff suspends all law enforcement over lack of funding

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/428776-power-grid-serving-65-million-may-be-at-risk-in-east-midwest
    Power grid serving 65 million may be at risk in East, Midwest

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/09/why-spanish-sleeping-habits-under-strain
    Siesta no more? Why Spanish sleeping habits are under strain
    Spaniards eat later and stay up longer than their European neighbours because of the siesta. But now that’s under threat

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Roger-sorry for the confusion. I did 3 miles on the treadmill and I jogged 8 minutes out of 45 that it took me to complete the 3 miles. Sometimes my mind works a lot faster than my fingers when I am typing. I usually proofread before I submit my reply. :)
    Today I go for my yearly check with the dermatologist.
    Hi Vix.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great day!
    Hi Joanne
    Don't feel bad, I skip a lot of words the same way. My mind is much faster than my typing, If it was not for spell checking my posts would leave You scratching Your head wondering what is he trying to say :wink: Proofread, What's that :smiley:

Good Luck at the Dermatologist.

That does indeed clarify Your Answer, Thank You
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    We had a little snow last night, and probably some freezing rain, more freezing rain expected for today. It's 31 degrees with a high of 35 expected. My acupuncturist postponed my appt to Wednesday, so I don't have to go anywhere today, if it doesn't clear up. It looks icy outside.
    I went on my eliptical for 45 minutes yesterday at a relatively slow pace. I'm trying to see if I can make my legs/ankles feel better. I think the walk in the park, which is basically forest with an uneven path might be too much for now. So happy I kept my elliptical when we moved.
    Great work on the treadmill, Jo! Good luck with the dermatologist.
    Roger, when I look through my kitchen, there are actually a lot of small kitchen tools that belonged to my parents...I also have some other tools, like screwdrivers, etc. They really don't make them like they used to! I generally stock up on coffee at home, and very rarely run out. I try to buy organic decaf, but sometimes buy Duncan Donuts decaf because it just tastes better. :wink:
    Hi Irene!
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    So far no snow today as of 7:18. OTOH this mornings forecast is that we will be getting Snow then Sleet followed by rain. The Bottom Crawl on News12 the Cable only news channel whose studios are in Nearby Raritan Center in Edison NJ is showing most if not all schools as closed today.

Our Governor who was not happy at being criticized in November when the Amount of snow caught NY and NJ by surprise has already used the entire Snow Budget by pre positioning Plows and brining the roads if there is even a chance of flurries. He has done that up to this morning 28 times for 3 snow events :(

It is my feeling that uneven ground does put more strain on a persons ankles.

It can be comforting to have things that belonged to Your parents and Grandparents around.
    I am still trying to decide where to hang framed items from my Grandparents, Pictures etc. Fancy looking frames too.

I find that the Duncan Donuts Coffee tastes better if more expensive that what I usually buy at 7-Eleven or the Quick Chek or can make at home. I just wish it were more affordable. OTOH currently I am paying 53 cents for a 30 ounce refill at one and $1.33 for the same at the other. I rotate between the two lower cost ones one or twice a week Duncan Donuts.
    Quick Chek is more expensive but has a much larger selection of coffees compared to 7-Eleven.

I usually Get half decaf at Duncan and blend my own at the others.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I never got on the computer yesterday. George and I went out for breakfast it was really nice of course I am up 2 pounds I am sure it is from the ham and cheese omelet I had oh I also had fried potatoes any way it was really good .So now I will drink a lot of water. We did do an hour walk there was a dusting of snow when we walked but it did start snowing now . I will probably get on the treadmill later not sure if we will go on our second walk depends on how much snow we get take care everyone
    Hi Irene

Oh heck, Now I want to go get a Ham and Cheese Omelet or a Bacon and Cheese Omelet where they chop lots of either meat into the omelet. The Fried Potatoes and the toast are the main diet killer with either of those.
    http://joes-meatmarket.com/breakfast-2/
    This is tasty too, their "“The Breakfast Sub”
    2 pcs each of pork roll, bacon, sausage, egg, cheese on ½ sub "
    As is their version of a Italian Hot Dog.
    This one is good for 4 meals :wink:
    OMG BURGER
    4 – ¼ LB BURGERS TOPPED WITH AMERICAN , SWISS, PROVOLONE, CHEDDAR CHEESE, CRISP BACON, LETTUCE, TOMATO, ONIONS, SPECIAL SAUCE ON GARLIC TEXAS TOAST SERVED WITH FRIES AND A PICKLE

Darned if I am not feeling like grabbing the phone and having something delivered this morning while the roads are good.
    Be Strong Roger and resist.

Yesterday the Snow was not bad, Crunchy Underfoot OTOH do it talked to me while walking :smiley:

At least today it looks like raincoats are all You will need.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's 32 here and freezing rain. Stained glass class was cancelled. Schools are 2 hours late right now. If it warms up later, may go to clay workshop.
    Roger, I buy the Duncan donuts ground coffee at Walmart for brewing at home. It's actually less expensive than most other brands of coffee.
    I bought some Jammin Jamaican organic decaf at Wegman's but I think it was labeled wrong...it tastes like hazelnut. Not bad, but not what I wanted.
    I've been making a lot of instant pot meals. They are delicious, but I'm somewhat off my strict diet, and my weight is suffering. Need to get back on track. Hopefully I'll do better today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jo I figured that is what you meant that you jogged some of the time still very awesome. Today I did 31 minutes on the treadmill but walked it since I had my knee redone I can't jog very far. I also walked Annie for about 45 minutes so I have 8221 steps in so I am good with that. Numi is having a special 50 % off just wanted to give you heads up. So far our storm is freezing rain I don't plan on going out any more today stay safe everyone
  • RogerToo
    I have already posted more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. I decided to walk after checking traction underfoot. Due to the slush I did wear the insulated waterproof boots that have a decent grip on the surface due to a deep tread pattern.

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/people-cant-flee-these-us-cities-fast-enough?t=The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore&utm_campaign=1513041&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Desktop&utm_term=hearstlocalnews-sfgatecom&utm_content=134861242
    The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore

https://sputniknews.com/world/201902111072315126-mount-sinai-location-in-saudi-arabia-documentary/
    Saudis Are Hiding the Real Location of Mount Sinai, Bible Researchers Claim

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature
    Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'
    Exclusive: Insects could vanish within a century at current rate of decline, says global review
    Why are insects in decline, and can we do anything about it?

https://www.apnews.com/b815a808f6e3431fa262a414512efdd2
    Dog DNA testing takes off, and generates debate

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/watch-what-next-georgia-might-tax-netflix-and-downloads/4v12VCHoefdEWQJTmggvJI/
    Watch what’s next: Georgia might tax Netflix and downloads

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/11/chicago-most-corrupt-city/
    Chicago Is The Most Corrupt American City: Report

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/11/french-mayor-issues-barking-ban-village-following-complaints/
    French mayor issues 'barking ban' in village following complaints about rowdy dogs

https://www.wate.com/news/national-world/heaven-has-a-wall-grocery-store-ad-mailer-stirs-controversy/1770130859
    Heaven has a wall: Grocery store ad mailer stirs controversy

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    It's 32 here and freezing rain. Stained glass class was cancelled. Schools are 2 hours late right now. If it warms up later, may go to clay workshop.
    Roger, I buy the Duncan donuts ground coffee at Walmart for brewing at home. It's actually less expensive than most other brands of coffee.
    I bought some Jammin Jamaican organic decaf at Wegman's but I think it was labeled wrong...it tastes like hazelnut. Not bad, but not what I wanted.
    I've been making a lot of instant pot meals. They are delicious, but I'm somewhat off my strict diet, and my weight is suffering. Need to get back on track. Hopefully I'll do better today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Thank You for the heads up on the Coffee, we tend to buy whatever is on sale at the ShopRite :wink:

I have seen Jammin Jamaican coffee in the fresh brewed area of the Quick Chek, and I decided to look it up and what I found was this for the Keurig style cups.
    Product description
    Flavor:Jammin Jamaican | Size:24 Count
    Caramel, vanilla, rum, chocolate.

It may taste like Hazelnut as a result, I could not tell You as I do buy or drink flavored coffees.

It is my understanding that the Instant Pot is a versatile cooker, OTOH I could see where they could be high calorie as I suspect the food froms the hot air fryers are also.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2019
    good morning, Jo I figured that is what you meant that you jogged some of the time still very awesome. Today I did 31 minutes on the treadmill but walked it since I had my knee redone I can't jog very far. I also walked Annie for about 45 minutes so I have 8221 steps in so I am good with that. Numi is having a special 50 % off just wanted to give you heads up. So far our storm is freezing rain I don't plan on going out any more today stay safe everyone
    Hi Irene
    You are more astute if You figured that out I needed it explained to me.

I remember the Knee from Amazons warehouse job, How is it overall ?

I would not go out in freezing rain so I do not fault You for that. Congratulations on the step count despite that. How is Your area today ?

Thank You for the Numi heads up, I shall go look into it.
    Roger

Hi Joanne