Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    It's only 16 degrees here and sunny. We got about 2-3 inches of snow after all that. I ended up skipping the pottery class too. Schools were closing early. It was snowing harder in the afternoon, I'm sure driving would have been messy at best. Schools are closed today. There are probably parts of the county that got more snow than us. Looks like it's going to be pretty cold through Friday.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We didn't get any snow Tues. into Wed. It was raining when I went to work yesterday and in the afternoon the sun came out. We had a light dusting of snow last night and the current temp. is 1 degree.
    I got a hair cut and color yesterday after work. I also got my shelf stable NS order. The frozen should be delivered today.
    My hip has been fine since I went back to wearing my other sneakers and clark's.
    Roger-I also liked the chicken marsala. I thought the color of the sauce was a little strange, but it tasted good. Do you have the NUMI app? Even if you do not want to use it to track your food, there is a lot of other information on the app.; challenges where you can earn free food, recipes etc...
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Enjoy your day and stay warm! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted some humor, I liked the one with the ducks and the Airplane :wink:

Hi
    I did not go walking due to the reported windchill and thus once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 3 degrees with a wind chill in in the -15 area. Depending on tonight's forecast I will or will not go walking tomorrow.

Before I forget a little before 3PM Wednesday we had a Brief but heavy visibility reducing Snow Squall come through, By 3:15 it was out of here.

As I sit here and try to keep warm, this room is down to 65 degrees being a corner room with original windows and the Kitchen which usually runs colder is 69 degrees. The kitchen only has one short wall on the outside of the house which is likely why. Yesterday I drove around a while since the car had not been used in over a week and picked up the largest McDonalds Coffee which is only a $1 and here I am when not typing with my hand wrapped around it to warm my fingers :)

NJ :blush:
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/01/murphy-and-top-dems-gathered-at-a-diner-to-champion-nj-minimum-wage-hike-then-the-owner-said-some-things-they-didnt-like.html

Murphy and top Dems gathered at a diner to champion N.J. minimum wage hike. Then the owner said some things they didn’t like.
    Updated January 29, 2019 at 5:26 PM; Posted January 29, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    So awkward, in fact, that Coughlin and his staff quickly met with Lutas in an attempt to remove the egg from the Democrats' faces.

A minor point I missed about the new NS Four Cheese Manicotti. The Tomato sauce was different and was better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6642161/Generation-web-addicts-Children-spend-time-YouTube-friends.html
    Generation of child web addicts: Youngsters are becoming so obsessed with the internet they spend more time on YouTube than with friends as parents struggle to keep control of their online usage

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/01/28/coco-dog-stuck-drain-ditch-five-months/
    After 5 Months Stuck In A Drainage Ditch, Rescuers Save Coco The Dog

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Hospital-let-woman-pull-the-plug-on-wrong-man-13570102.php
    Hospital let woman pull the plug on wrong man, lawsuit claims

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jan/29/white-gold-the-unstoppable-rise-of-alternative-milks-oat-soy-rice-coconut-plant
    White gold: the unstoppable rise of alternative milks
    How wellness upstarts spoiled milk’s healthy reputation – and built a billion-dollar industry from juicing oats and nuts.

Some Chicago Links
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/chicago-weather-forecast-extreme-cold/
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/feral-cats-shelters/

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, roger the offer was only for 10 items which was fine with me the offer was on Numi. We did go for a short 45 minute walk we all were bundled up. We just got a dusting of snow none on the roads just grass and some sidewalks . I am down another pound I am actually following the plan so far it is going good oh I also goy on the treadmill for 26 minutes hi Vix and Jo hey jo how are your hips now hope by changing your shoes it will be better. take care everyone stay warm
    Hello Irene
    That would explain why I missed it, I never check in at Numi, Unless it has gotten better than it was when I was underwhelmed by it, Is it better now ?
    It has been so long I lost my password for Numi :smiley:
    Thanks for the information on where You saw the offer.

I suspect that walking outside today is not on You to do list ?

Congratulations on Your Loss
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    It's only 16 degrees here and sunny. We got about 2-3 inches of snow after all that. I ended up skipping the pottery class too. Schools were closing early. It was snowing harder in the afternoon, I'm sure driving would have been messy at best. Schools are closed today. There are probably parts of the county that got more snow than us. Looks like it's going to be pretty cold through Friday.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    This may be a selfish way for me to look at it, but it would take an emergency to get me out driving in the snow, I balance the need against the risk of wrecking the car and safety wins.

The Weather forecast I saw this morning showed daytime highs in the teens, Not real good as I see it the heat is running around 90% of the time :( There goes the Gas bill through the roof, two weeks in a roll.

Stay Safe and Warm
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    We didn't get any snow Tues. into Wed. It was raining when I went to work yesterday and in the afternoon the sun came out. We had a light dusting of snow last night and the current temp. is 1 degree.
    I got a hair cut and color yesterday after work. I also got my shelf stable NS order. The frozen should be delivered today.
    My hip has been fine since I went back to wearing my other sneakers and clark's.
    Roger-I also liked the chicken marsala. I thought the color of the sauce was a little strange, but it tasted good. Do you have the NUMI app? Even if you do not want to use it to track your food, there is a lot of other information on the app.; challenges where you can earn free food, recipes etc...
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Enjoy your day and stay warm! :)
    Hi Joanne
    Based on where Irene found that offer I have now logged in to Numi, I did have to reset my password since it had been so long. I am all about bargains and free. Thanks Irene for the heads up.

I think I will reverse my meals today and have the Chicken Paella, Vegetables and some Cottage Cheese for Breakfast shortly.

It is amazing how footwear can affect other areas of the body, At least You now know the cause and cure, Good Luck.

Congratulations
    Roger

Joanne3366 2 hours ago
    lost 0.8 lbs since last weighing in! Joanne3366's lost 9.2 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    BTW, Here is a tongue in cheek faux news article

BY JOHNNY MO | JANUARY 27, 2018

CHICAGO — Climatologists are blaming record-low temperatures for the steep decline in Year-Round Shorts-Guy populations, resulting in a massive shortage of exposed, hairy, mid-winter calves, according to a new study released today.

“An increasing number of well-calved men are buying full-length pants for the first time since high school. This is incredibly dangerous, as their own family members may not recognize them and reject them,” said study author Janet Baker, as she adjusted the leggings she regularly wears to work, dinner, and bed. “This particular strain of men are known to typically ‘run hot.’ Their decline could single-handedly end the entire cargo short industry.”

“Guys who only own shorts are fully clothing themselves because of unprecedented, rapid shifts in temperature. Most of these guys have already known for years that their favorite college bands were lackluster,” said Gutierrez. We could be facing an extinction-level event, where these men are forced to become ‘socks-with-sandals’ guys.”

Scrambling to save the critically endangered men, a handful of privately funded chimera research labs are racing to hybridize Year-Round Shorts-Guys with Jeans-at-the-Gym-Guys.

“It is our last chance to save this species of American man.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, well yes we did walk this morning only did about 30 minutes Annie needed to go out so we all bundled up and it was fine took my eye glasses off and we covered all of our skin I was really warm . I also did 27 minutes on the treadmill now I don't plan on doing anything else. Roger glad you found numi I log every day I have won things from there I was having problems learning all the sc so I started to log on and it really has helped me. Take everyone and stay warm oh Roger we had the same thing with the snow
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It was very windy yesterday, and we had that short snow squall in the afternoon too.
    Schools are 2 hours late today, so my painting class is cancelled. I would normally go anyway, but it's 8 degrees out, so I'm skipping it and will do some exercise at home instead during that time. Supposed to get up to 20 today, 25 tomorrow, and 44 on Saturday. Made a spicy chicken lentil stew in the crockpot yesterday. Pretty good. (I have a skinny slow cooker recipe book.)
    Congrats on the weight loss, Jo!
    Wow, good you can bunle up like that, Irene.
    Roger, sorry your house is chilly. Have you considered buying any of the new long undergarments they have for men. They're sort of like leggings and a long sleeve top. My husband really likes them for layering under his clothes and walking in the cold weather.
    No special plans for today. Happy Thursday.
    Stay warm everyone! :)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted some humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 11 degrees. It was cold outside, however I decided that with no wind chill I could handle it thus I did walk today.

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Paella, 220 calories and Total Carbohydrate 29g. I liked the taste and the fact that it was not too spicy, Loaded with peppers or hot.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/01/29/early-risers-enjoy-better-mental-health-major-genetic-study/
    Early risers enjoy better mental health, major genetic study finds

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6648545/Mind-altering-parasite-spread-CATS-lead-schizophrenia.html
    Mind-altering parasite spread by CATS and carried by billions of people worldwide 'may lead to schizophrenia in humans'

https://pjmedia.com/trending/record-cold-forces-rethink-on-global-warming/
    Record Cold Forces Rethink on Global Warming

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/federal-heights-afg-auto-odometer-fraud/
    Brothers Charged With Rolling Back Odometers By More Than 2.6 Million Miles

https://news.yahoo.com/wurst-night-ever-taste-takes-holiday-german-sausage-025503632.html
    Wurst night ever? Taste takes a holiday at German sausage hotel

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/columbine-style-attack-instagram/
    Preteens arrested after allegedly plotting ‘Columbine-style’ shooting on Instagram

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well yes we did walk this morning only did about 30 minutes Annie needed to go out so we all bundled up and it was fine took my eye glasses off and we covered all of our skin I was really warm . I also did 27 minutes on the treadmill now I don't plan on doing anything else. Roger glad you found numi I log every day I have won things from there I was having problems learning all the sc so I started to log on and it really has helped me. Take everyone and stay warm oh Roger we had the same thing with the snow
    Hi Irene
    You were brave walking Thursday, It was bitter out there with the wind chill. I tried to look at the Buy one get one and when I try it takes me to a choose Your Plan page, I will try again using the Microsoft browser later today as it could be some weirdness in Firefox. Wish Me Luck.

I use a simplistic method to determine a SC, If it is low in Protein and high in Carbs, then to me it is a SC.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    It was very windy yesterday, and we had that short snow squall in the afternoon too.
    Schools are 2 hours late today, so my painting class is cancelled. I would normally go anyway, but it's 8 degrees out, so I'm skipping it and will do some exercise at home instead during that time. Supposed to get up to 20 today, 25 tomorrow, and 44 on Saturday. Made a spicy chicken lentil stew in the crockpot yesterday. Pretty good. (I have a skinny slow cooker recipe book.)
    Congrats on the weight loss, Jo!
    Wow, good you can bundle up like that, Irene.
    Roger, sorry your house is chilly. Have you considered buying any of the new long undergarments they have for men. They're sort of like leggings and a long sleeve top. My husband really likes them for layering under his clothes and walking in the cold weather.
    No special plans for today. Happy Thursday.
    Stay warm everyone! :)
    Hi Vix
    On the good side at least it is not as cold as out west where the Post Office Cancelled deliveries in ten states. Chicken Lentil Stew is something I do not recall ever having, I will say it sounds very tasty. I have had Chicken Noodle of course, Chicken Barley OTOH.

I looked at the 5:50 local cable news weather forecast and whee, it could hit 20 degrees today :smile:
    Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the daytime temps are forecast to be in the 50s.

The only time I stuck my head outside Thursday was to bring in the mail around 4PM and I had to hold onto the storm door due to the wind, And Yes it was bitter for that minute I was leaning out to retrieve the mail.

I do have Carhart brand Thermals that go from waist to ankles. I also have different thickness shirts and so on that I wear under the hoodie depending on the temperature. Toss in the Heated Mittens and if needed the Lightweight rain gear that can be used as a head to toe windbreaker set and so far so good. The only part that gets really cold is the face and I leave it uncovered so I can drink my coffee while walking :wink: I layer up with up to two sweatshirts under the nice thick Hoodie.

As I sit here I am wearing a Under armor long sleeve shirt over the T-Shirt and am thinking about putting on long pajama bottoms to keep my legs warm. I really wish I had some sort of gloves that I could type while wearing, nope :(

Thank You for the suggestion
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2019
    Good morning.
    It's snowing here again, expected accumlulation less than 1 inch. 14 degrees, feels like 8, expected high of 23. I remember winters being like this for more than a week at a time. Expected highs in the 40s and 50 from tomorrow through next Saturday. I think that's warm for the winter. Anyway, I'll take it. :wink:
    No special plans for today. Maybe some cleaning,laundry, etc.
    Happy Feb 1, (my Dad's bday...still miss him so much after 40 years).
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Roger, you may want to look at this one:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47085785
  • IreneMurman
    hi all Annie and I went for a 31 minute walk it was a little on the chilly side when we walked it was 7 degrees she was starting to get ansy from not a lot of exercise. I had a drs apt today my left arm has been hurting not sure why but it goes all the way to my shoulder also got a pneumonia shot so she sent me for x-rays so I should know something in 2 weeks when I go back. It is snowing here it has been coming down all morning. I didn't even know it was suppose to snow.well take care everyone
  • IreneMurman
    vix it is always so hard when we miss our mom's and dad's
  • RogerToo
    Humor will be posted shortly, I liked the Cat one.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 14 degrees, It was still cold outside.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/30/unlicensed-bay-area-walgreens-pharmacist-issued-more-than-700000-prescriptions-watchdog-says/
    Bay Area Walgreens’ fake pharmacist handled more than 700,000 prescriptions, state agency alleges
    Three area Walgreens locations could lose pharmacy license

https://www.apnews.com/c17d96857ebd4f7c9449b2eac8a7c27c
    Nearly half of US adults have heart or blood vessel disease

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/7-Eleven-Plays-Piercing-High-Pitch-Sound-Targeting-Homeless_New-York-505143632.html
    7-Eleven Plays Awful High-Pitched Sound to Boot Loiterers
    A Portland convenience store installed a high-pitch sound generator to clear out homeless loiterers. (Published Thursday, Jan 31, 2019)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/01/31/philadelphia-weather-confusion-on-roads-as-bitter-cold-freezes-traffic-lights/
    Philadelphia Weather: Confusion On Roads As Bitter Cold Freezes Traffic Lights

Hell has frozen over — seriously
    The low temperature was minus 15 degrees in Hell, an unincorporated community in Livingston County, Michigan. The high temperature was minus 4, prompting some on social media to note that Hell had literally frozen over.
    It's -7 degrees in Hell, Michigan, right now, with a wind chill of -28. You know what that means people...
    Hell has literally frozen over.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1080414/type-2-diabetes-diet-food-pulses-beans-chickpeas-lentils-lower-blood-sugar
    Type 2 diabetes: The one 'star' pulse to add to your diet to lower blood sugar
    TYPE 2 diabetes can be controlled by following a diabetes-friendly diet that is low in sugar and calories, but research has also shown adding certain foods to your diet can also help to improve blood sugar levels. Pulses have been found to be beneficial to people with diabetes, with one particular “star” pulse.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    It's snowing here again, expected accumulation less than 1 inch. 14 degrees, feels like 8, expected high of 23. I remember winters being like this for more than a week at a time. Expected highs in the 40s and 50 from tomorrow through next Saturday. I think that's warm for the winter. Anyway, I'll take it. :wink:
    No special plans for today. Maybe some cleaning,laundry, etc.
    Happy Feb 1, (my Dad's bday...still miss him so much after 40 years).
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Roger, you may want to look at this one:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47085785
    Hi Vix
    I was lucky, No snow here where I am, the snow line is just a short distance south of here. I see in Irene's post that she is getting snow. I'm not surprised after seeing the weather radar showing where the snow is. The Weather forecast I watched yesterday said we me hit 60 degrees in the Monday to Wednesday time period. I feel like I am living in a weather Yo Yo for temperatures.

I am not surprised You still miss You father, I miss both of my parents.

Thank You for the Link
    FWIW Mr.G the Channel 11 Weatherman Friday evening said he is not a Groundhog day fan and Yes the Groundhog would see his shadow and that we would have 6 more weeks of weather :wink: Beating Punxsutawney Phil and Staten Island Chuck to the punch :smiley:

Have a Good Groundhog Day
    Roger

• RogerToo
    hi all Annie and I went for a 31 minute walk it was a little on the chilly side when we walked it was 7 degrees she was starting to get ansy from not a lot of exercise. I had a drs apt today my left arm has been hurting not sure why but it goes all the way to my shoulder also got a pneumonia shot so she sent me for x-rays so I should know something in 2 weeks when I go back. It is snowing here it has been coming down all morning. I didn't even know it was suppose to snow.well take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    It was indeed chilly out Friday and the morning too, I decided not to take my time walking but go out do the time and head back home.

I hope that the shoulder pain clears up promptly, I had a shoulder that bothered me if I lifted my arm to high, I never did find out why and did not see a doctor at that time, I should have I suspect that it could have helped.
    Good Luck with the pain, Now You likely will have a sore spot from the shot too, I was sore after the Tetanus shot and then the following week from the Flu shot. Hopefully You will avoid that. I had not thought of getting a pneumonia shot, is that a common thing ?

The only good news about Your snow is that we are heading into warmer weather and that this morning should be the last bitterly cold morning when walking.

Stay Warm
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, it was minus 1 when we walked this morning but it is warming up I think it is 5 degrees now we did walk but I had so much clothes on that I was actually warm. we went about 40 minutes. take care everyone
  • eku0
    edited February 2019
    Good morning.
    Roger, yes, miss them both. We had more snow yesterday than forecast...it pretty much snowed all day lightly and left about 3 inches. It was light enough to push off, but there was ice underneath left where people had walked on the previous snow. It's currently up to 22 degrees(from 14 earlier) and should be up in the 30s this afternoon. Will probably try for a walk later.
    Irene, do you have something to put on your face when it's that cold?
    Hi Jo...how's the weather up there? Hope it's not too much colder.
    Not much planned for today. It is sunny so far, that's good. :)
    Happy Saturday, everyone.
    They say Puxsatawny Phil did not see his shadow today...Spring soon, but our local little groundhog buddies did....beautifully sunny here!
    18f9832ebe8989671d45a21ac0fa2adf.jpg