Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope your leg is feeling better. Sorry about your sister's news, good they caught it early.
    Jo, hope you are staying safe and warm.
    Roger, my right leg is my painful one too...no cartilege left in the hip. Keep working those muscles. The article on the IRS is pretty paranoid. Obviously written by someone with no idea how our agencies and contractors "work".
    Greek chicken....I never heard of it before either, but 2 of the recipe books I got have it....the common ingredients are chicken and chicken stock, spices(oregano, garlic, +), lemon, and olives. The one I made last night was with potatoes and peas in a nice soupy base. I'm really starting to like the instant pot. You can start out sauteing, then pressure cook, then heat up or keep warm....all in one pot. And it's quick.
    It's warmer today, in the 30s, cloudy and supposed to rain this afternoon.
    No plans yet for today.
    Happy Wednesday! :)
    As I remember it my right knee is the one where I had the Torn Cartilage surgery, That might be why it pains me off and on.

OTOH Re: the IRS even Paranoids have enemies some of the time.

Interesting, I wonder if part of what makes it Greek Chicken is the Olives. I have heard that the Instant Pots work real well.

As I sit here typing this I can hear a heavy rain falling. The heaviest rain is due later today around Noon and it should be out NJ by 3PM.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, got our hour walk in this morning it 59 degrees and it didn't start raining until after we got home. I also did 24 minutes on the treadmill so far my leg is ok no pain. Today I have a hair apt no other plans take care everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Irene-Sorry to hear about your sister. It is good that they caught it early.
    Congrats on the weight loss.
    Roger-I have the cheesesteak pizza in the freezer. I will probably try it within the next week.
    Hi Vix.
    It rained heavily all day and all our snow is gone. It was also very windy and I saw a few downed trees. Our grill on the deck blew over.
    Went to the gym after work. I managed to do 2 miles on the treadmill. My left hip has been hurting me. I have been trying to do stretching exercises every night.
    Have a good evening and stay dry.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi all.
    Went to art class this morning, and walked in the afternoon. It was raining a lot but stopped about 2:30 and we walked after that. The park was really muddy.
    Sleep well.
  • RogerToo
    I have just posted humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 34 degrees and what I saw was that the left over Puddles are freezing over.

Yahoo. (You Always Have Other Options)

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Marsala, 230 Calories 27g Carbohydrates. It was very tasty, I shall be ordering several of these for my next order.

https://www.heraldcourier.com/news/national/the-naval-academy-is-deteriorating-so-badly-its-mission-to/article_4729127e-af1c-5d70-ba0f-224d0f95ecb7.html
    The Naval Academy is deteriorating so badly, its mission to train midshipmen is under threat

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article224946305.html
    Alligators renew freaky behavior of freezing themselves in NC swamp with noses out

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article213851654.html#storylink=readmore_inline
    Alligator caught living at Pennsylvania sewer plant, fueling talk of urban legend

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/22/1-in-3-consumers-fear-maxing-out-a-credit-card.html
    1 in 3 consumers fear they will max out a credit card
    Over 1 in 3 people —or 86 million Americans — say they're afraid they'll max out their credit card when making a large purchase.
    Still, most Americans continue to take on ever-increasing amounts of credit card debt.

Give Me a Break
    https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2019/01/2-birmingham-first-graders-disciplined-after-butter-knife-found-at-school.html
    2 Birmingham first-graders disciplined after butter knife found at school

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, got our hour walk in this morning it 59 degrees and it didn't start raining until after we got home. I also did 24 minutes on the treadmill so far my leg is ok no pain. Today I have a hair apt no other plans take care everyone.
    Hello Irene
    I also was lucky enough that I managed to get my walk in between rains.

Was there any flooding in Your area ? My brother was out on State Highway 22 and ran into part of it being closed due to flooding and he also noticed that the Waterways were running very high.

Good News that You were free of leg pain.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-Sorry to hear about your sister. It is good that they caught it early.
    Congrats on the weight loss.
    Roger-I have the cheesesteak pizza in the freezer. I will probably try it within the next week.
    Hi Vix.
    It rained heavily all day and all our snow is gone. It was also very windy and I saw a few downed trees. Our grill on the deck blew over.
    Went to the gym after work. I managed to do 2 miles on the treadmill. My left hip has been hurting me. I have been trying to do stretching exercises every night.
    Have a good evening and stay dry.
    Hi Joanne
    So far I am liking all of the new Dinner Entrees, some a little more than others, I'll be trying another one later today with one more left to try after that. Today will be Four Cheese Manicotti and tomorrow shall be the Chicken Paella Shelf Stable Entree.

I hope Your Grill is not damaged, It must have been windy. The rain did You snow clearance for You.

I hope Your Hip stops hurting You quickly. Have You thought of taking a OTC pain killer ?

Congratulations on doing the 2 Miles despite the pain.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all.
    Went to art class this morning, and walked in the afternoon. It was raining a lot but stopped about 2:30 and we walked after that. The park was really muddy.
    Sleep well.
    Hi Vix
    I would not have been happy walking in mud, Around here the mud gets real slippery so I stay away from it.

Our rain was mostly over sometime between 4PM and 8PM, OTOH even then I saw drops hitting the Picture Window around 8:30PM. You were lucky Your rain stopped so early, Any flooding in Your area ?

Congratulations on the walking
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Roger we didn't have any flooding but there were some frozen puddles on our walk this morning when we walked it was 32 so it was cold enough to freeze. We did our hour walk but only did 16 minutes on the treadmill my knee was a little sore yesterday so I didn't want to push it .Jo 2 miles is awesome congrats. Vix I am not crazy about walking when it is muddy out take care all
  • eku0
    Good morning. 33 and sunny here, also windy.
    The park is not fun when it's muddy....it is slippery and have to be careful.
    Cleaning service is here today. That's nice.
    No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I also liked the chicken marsala. Yes, I did take some Advil for the pain. It eases it somewhat, but doesn't take it away completely. I have a physical in Feb and I will ask the Dr. about it.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    More Humor was just posted :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and for once 11 cents was found. The Temperature out the door was 24 degrees however while walking I passed a Time & temperature display that showed 17 degrees.
    Last Year I found a grand total of$4.22.

Yahoo. (You Always Have Other Options)

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Marsala, 230 Calories 27g Carbohydrates. It was very tasty, I shall be ordering several of these for my next order.

https://www.axios.com/digital-media-layoffs-consolidation-continue-1548289098-d3bd0e23-aef7-4ad5-8778-428391e80ac8.html
    More than 1,000 media jobs lost in one day

Oh Great :(
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-mrsa-ambulances/ambulance-equipment-contaminated-with-drug-resistant-superbug-idUSKCN1OY1U5
    Ambulance equipment contaminated with drug-resistant superbug

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article224951810.html
    California city approves 25-cent fee on disposable cups

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1077163/mount-st-helens-volcano-warning-scientist-molten-rock-rising-spt
    Mount St Helens WARNING: Scientist reveals molten rock 'rising FIVE metres a DAY'

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-russia-building-super-emp-bombs-for-blackout-warfare/
    China, Russia Building Super-EMP Bombs for ‘Blackout Warfare’
    Report reveals electromagnetic war scenarios

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Roger we didn't have any flooding but there were some frozen puddles on our walk this morning when we walked it was 32 so it was cold enough to freeze. We did our hour walk but only did 16 minutes on the treadmill my knee was a little sore yesterday so I didn't want to push it .Jo 2 miles is awesome congrats. Vix I am not crazy about walking when it is muddy out take care all
    Hi Irene
    Yesterday was weird, I was tired so I took a nap, when I got up 1/2 way through my left knee was killing me then later on it was fine again, Weird.

Mud is a dangerous surface IMO also.

Congratulations on Your walking.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. 33 and sunny here, also windy.
    The park is not fun when it's muddy....it is slippery and have to be careful.
    Cleaning service is here today. That's nice.
    No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday!
    Hi Vix
    It was and still is a nice looking day outside albeit real cold.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, we had a really nice walk this morning even with it being so cold. No big plans for today .Roger I also liked the new dinners. Jo I hope your hip starts to feel better I was having problems so I went and got better sneakers and the pain went away . Hey Vix and Roger take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I also liked the chicken marsala. Yes, I did take some Advil for the pain. It eases it somewhat, but doesn't take it away completely. I have a physical in Feb and I will ask the Dr. about it.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a good night. :)
    Hi Joanne
    The Chicken Marsala is on my reorder in quantity list.

The Good Thing about the Advil is that it is not addictive, It can be somewhat dangerous if to much is taken long term.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning, we had a really nice walk this morning even with it being so cold. No big plans for today .Roger I also liked the new dinners. Jo I hope your hip starts to feel better I was having problems so I went and got better sneakers and the pain went away . Hey Vix and Roger take care everyone
    Hi Again
    The walking was good due to a lack of wind. I put the hood over my head to keep the ears warm.

That is a reason I keep spare new pairs of shoes for when I wear the soles out on the ones I walk in. I have noticed that when they start to get worn I can feel it in my knees. The reason is that I wear them out funny.

I had not thought of it but shoes could be causing Joannes pain also. There is a possibility that orthopedic shoes could help, it could be worth looking into.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's 30 here at the moment and gray. Supposed to get up to 37 and sunny this afternoon. Congrats on money found, Roger. :smile:
    Irene, it's important to have good walking shoes. I feel much better in my hiking boots than in my old sneakers.
    Jo, hope your hip feels better. Everything's connected so it could be the hip or could be coming from somewhere else.
    No special plans for today yet. I took a nice hot soak this morning. Eases up some of the joints. ;)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    More humor is being posted.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 26 degrees.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/25/chicago-is-colder-than-parts-of-antarctica-alaska-iceland/
    Chicago Is Colder Than Parts Of Antarctica, Alaska, Iceland

https://www.kcci.com/article/parents-denied-access-to-their-childrens-medical-records-by-law/26032172
    Parents denied access to their children's medical records by law

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2019/01/25/hospitals-and-nightly-wealth-screenings-are-these-grateful-patients-or-played/
    Hospitals and Nightly Wealth Screenings: Are these “Grateful Patients”—Or Played?

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Dig-to-unearth-ancient-road-unsettles-Palestinian-13560907.php

Dig to unearth ancient road unsettles Palestinian neighborhood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6617187/Hilarious-moment-man-reunited-lost-dog-returns-pooch-goat.html
    Homeward bound: Incredible moment missing Labrador finds his way back to his panicked owners... with two new friends in tow (another dog and a GOAT)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    It's 30 here at the moment and gray. Supposed to get up to 37 and sunny this afternoon. Congrats on money found, Roger. :smile:
    Irene, it's important to have good walking shoes. I feel much better in my hiking boots than in my old sneakers.
    Jo, hope your hip feels better. Everything's connected so it could be the hip or could be coming from somewhere else.
    No special plans for today yet. I took a nice hot soak this morning. Eases up some of the joints. ;)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Talk about gray, When I left the house to walk the sky was nice and clear with a bright moon shining down on me, Then as time passed the clouds rolled in. I will admit that I am not liking the weather forecast for the upcoming week especially the Possibility of snow, and Bitter wind chills, Yuck. If the forecasts do not change for the bitter wind chill day(s) I may not leave the house, depends.

A long hot soak sounds good, except that the tub is slippery and that makes getting out of it a chore, hence My using the separate shower that has a textured base in it.

Stay Safe and Warm
    Roger

Hi Irene

Hi Joanne