Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good afternoon, we got our hour walk in. We did get snow last night not a lot more of a dusting but since we aren't going any where it was fine it was so nice to look out the window watch the snow . It was about 26 when we walked so it was warmer today then yesterday. Vix sorry to hear of your tooth maybe you can get in sooner. Last night I had the broccoli I prefer the cauliflower . Jo I have a pre started in my jeep and I have been using it lately take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    I was wondering if You got a lot of snow or not, A dusting is not too bad.

The ShopRite has Frozen Vegetables on sale for 99 cents so I bought some for variety with the CostCo frozen Veges.
    What did I but, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, a Blend of Pea Pods, Water Chestnuts and other vegetables. I also bought a bag of baby carrots to go with the CostCo Green Beans. Add in the two 50% off Salads that had a sell by date or Sunday and I had a fairly successful trip especially since the Hot foods area and the Chinese foods area were still closed due to the early time of day.

I see a lot of vehicles around here that have a remote start, at least three on my block. I can see how that would be nice on a cold morning, Set the defroster and have a clear window and a warm car, Nice.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning,
    We went to the gym yesterday and I walked and ran on the treadmill for 2.5 miles. I did more walking than running, but am making progress.
    Today I found a walking video on demand and did that for 20 minutes. I will look a little later and see if I can find any more free videos on demand.
    Yesterday I also made egg bake cups from a recipe that I found on the Numi site. I believe it counts as 1 PF and 1SC. I also made beef stew in the crock pot.
    Irene-I use to have auto start in my other car. I loved it. It didn't come with the car I have now and I didn't want an after marked one. I do have heated seats, so that is a plus. :)
    Roger-in the store where I shop the veggie tots are right next to the potato tots and fries.
    The cauliflower is 110 calories in a serving and the broccoli and cheese are 130. I would probably count this as a veggie and a SC.
    Vix-I hope you are able to get into see the dentist today.
    I plan on cleaning out the linen and the downstairs hall closets today. It is amazing how messy they can get.
    Enjoy the day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    Congratulations on the distance a treadmill can be a real workout, I remember that from years ago when I joined a Gym.

Egg Bake Cups, Just curious as I did a quick Google and no results, I did find this which I suspect is what You made ?
    https://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
    1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
    1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
    2 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
    1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
    2 cloves garlic minced
    salt to taste
    4 whole eggs
    4 egg whites
    hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!

Call me lazy, The Dinty Moore or the NS beef stew is good enough for me :wink:

I could see where a heated seat and a heated steering wheel would be great as well as Remote Start.

I was in the ShopRite frozen Veges section and forgot to look :(

I do wonder why the Calorie count is that high, Breading maybe ?

Good Luck with the Closets
    Did You ever listen to The Fibber McGee and Molly show on the radio ?
    Here is a really short clip, all 26 seconds of it, Enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGC68YcwM
    Fibber McGee & Molly The Hall Closet

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good morning.
    It snowed more last night, but the plows were around and the streets look ok, but may be icy.
    I have a massage appt at 10:00. I think I'll stick to the main roads and it should be ok to get there.
    Schools are closed. Looks like a total of 6-8 inches.
    Jo, you're doing great at the gym! 2.5 miles on the treadmill...including running! I've be slacking off the last couple of months. Got up early this a.m. and did my pt exercises, and started back on the eliptical, didn't last very long...maybe 5 minutes. I'll build it up again.
    Awful how quickly I can get out of shape!
    Great job on all the walking, Irene!
    Roger, the hall closet's pretty funny. You're doing great keeping up your morning walks.
    I am trying to get back into the right frame of mind and get myself back on track. Didn't do too badly yesterday, but still off. Made a nice gluten free shrimp stir fry dish last night.
    Hope everyone has a good start this week. Happy Monday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, we had an awesome walk this morning about 1hr and 15 minutes and found a penny it is so funny how excited we get when we find a penny. It always goes in Annie's bank since it's her walk. The roads were all clear when we walked which was nice.so far I have in8,638 steps I will take Annie out again after lunch she enjoys it so much and it really helps me. Now my opinion on our senator is he is so crooked not sure why they voted him in again he should be in jail of that's just my opinion Roger not sure how you fill about it. Vix were you able to get in to see the dentist? Jo you are doing so well. The heated seats sound so nice. I know nj has a law about no longer than 3 minutes to heat up your car but most of the time it takes longer to warm up. take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    More humor was just posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 19 degrees and the walking was OK. I did a mail run and dropped 7 items into the slot inside the lobby as we do not use the Box outside the the post office for obvious reasons, Obvious to us anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/europe/german-uboat-northern-france-scli-intl/index.html
    German WWI U-boat resurfaces off French coast

https://apnews.com/c7924a64199e46da88488d5a0fe8c7bc
    Industry wary of alternatives tries to protect a word: meat

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/01/11/oscar-slagging-2019-dirt-thrown-against-green-book-other-films-is-carefully-orchestrated-and-not-a-coincidence
    Oscar Slagging 2019: Dirt Thrown Against “Green Book,” Other Films, is Carefully Orchestrated and Not a Coincidence

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    It snowed more last night, but the plows were around and the streets look ok, but may be icy.
    I have a massage appt at 10:00. I think I'll stick to the main roads and it should be ok to get there.
    Schools are closed. Looks like a total of 6-8 inches.
    Jo, you're doing great at the gym! 2.5 miles on the treadmill...including running! I've be slacking off the last couple of months. Got up early this a.m. and did my pt exercises, and started back on the eliptical, didn't last very long...maybe 5 minutes. I'll build it up again.
    Awful how quickly I can get out of shape!
    Great job on all the walking, Irene!
    Roger, the hall closet's pretty funny. You're doing great keeping up your morning walks.
    I am trying to get back into the right frame of mind and get myself back on track. Didn't do too badly yesterday, but still off. Made a nice gluten free shrimp stir fry dish last night.
    Hope everyone has a good start this week. Happy Monday. :)
    Hi Vix
    I always worried about Black Ice when I was driving for a living.
    According to my brother the car wash he took the truck to get rid of the road salt on the body, The solution they use when they brine to roads is very corrosive and can even corrode plastic parts on cars.

6 to 8 inches is more than enough. I agree it doesn't take long to need to build up all over again.

I'm glad You liked it, That was what popped into my mind when I read clean the hall closet :smiley:

Better You than me since I do not eat shrimp. Just curious, is corn starch gluten free ? My brother claims that the reason the Chicken Wings from the Chinese Take out are so crispy is that they use Corn Starch for breading.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we had an awesome walk this morning about 1hr and 15 minutes and found a penny it is so funny how excited we get when we find a penny. It always goes in Annie's bank since it's her walk. The roads were all clear when we walked which was nice.so far I have in8,638 steps I will take Annie out again after lunch she enjoys it so much and it really helps me. Now my opinion on our senator is he is so crooked not sure why they voted him in again he should be in jail of that's just my opinion Roger not sure how you fill about it. Vix were you able to get in to see the dentist? Jo you are doing so well. The heated seats sound so nice. I know NJ has a law about no longer than 3 minutes to heat up your car but most of the time it takes longer to warm up. take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    I should be so lucky, once again no money was found, money was spent on the coffee I drank while walking however.

The roads and sidewalks never got that bad here, Fortunately.

If You mean the same Senator I am thinking of, It tells You that just about anything can be forgiven by the voters.

With the old car and this one too, I have no remote start, No heated seat or Steering wheel and after a few seconds to let the engine oil circulate I would start driving on the idle until the stop sign than drove normally. A car idling takes a lot longer to warm up than one being driven. The exception being if I was waiting for the rear window defroster to work. I would let it idle while I was clearing Ice or Snow off of the car. I was lucky that where I parked the car the Sun cleared the Windshield before I left for work.

Three minutes, I have not heard of anybody being caught for that around here.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, still chilly here it is like 25. I just can't seem to get warm this morning. We did our walk this morning got in 8,846 steps in. I did loose the 5 pounds last week that I gained over the holidays of course now I want to start loosing more. I have been trying to stay on plan. Roger yes that is the same senator is pretty crook oh well he got a way with a lot of stuff. Not sure if any one ever got a ticket but they could. Wow vix you sure got a lot of snow it sounds like we are in for snow this weekend again. Hey jo
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Congrats on losing your holiday weight, Irene. :) We're supposed to get more snow this weekend too.
    Roger, corn starch is gluten free. (So is potato starch). I got a lot of salt on my car today driving to class. I didn't know it corroded plastic...I know it's bad for metal parts. Maybe I'll try to take it to a car wash after the next snow.
    Hi Jo!
    I'm actually going to the dentist tomorrow at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Hopefully he can fix the broken tooth. And I will get a crown for the root canal. They said I may be there 4 hours. :open_mouth: At least it will be over.
    Have a good night everyone, sleep well. :)
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 21 degrees and once again the walking was OK. The Weather forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are not looking all that promising after watching the latest forecast this morning.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/magma-under-the-yellowstone-supervolcano-is-rising-and-scientists-warn-that-a-major-eruption-would-devastate-the-entire-planet
    Magma Under The Yellowstone Supervolcano Is “Rising”, And Scientists Warn That An Eruption Would Devastate The Entire Planet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/01/14/detroit-auto-show-debuts-retro-cars/2546120002/
    Detroit auto show 2019: Why GM, Ford, Toyota are bringing dead cars back to life

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/traveler-carries-gun-from-atlanta-to-japan-after-going-through-airport-screening/903900169
    Atlanta passenger gets gun through TSA, alerts officials in Japan he still has it

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/the-super-secure-quantum-cable-hiding-in-the-holland-tunnel#gs.NFh3QrEV
    The Super-Secure Quantum Cable Hiding in the Holland Tunnel

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airlander-10-prototype-new-model-gbr-intl/index.html
    World's biggest aircraft, Airlander 10, moves toward commercial model

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, still chilly here it is like 25. I just can't seem to get warm this morning. We did our walk this morning got in 8,846 steps in. I did loose the 5 pounds last week that I gained over the holidays of course now I want to start loosing more. I have been trying to stay on plan. Roger yes that is the same senator is pretty crook oh well he got a way with a lot of stuff. Not sure if any one ever got a ticket but they could. Wow vix you sure got a lot of snow it sounds like we are in for snow this weekend again. Hey jo
    Hi Irene
    I have days where I just feel cold despite the temperature, I suspect that humidity plays a role in that.

Congratulations on getting rid of the holiday weight.

I am waiting to see when my NS order ships, I looked and no tracking number yet.

I am not a happy camper with the Friday, Saturday & Sunday weather forecast and that was the latest this morning. Monday looks iffy for walking too, That depends on if the surface is icy or not.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all.
    Congrats on losing your holiday weight, Irene. :) We're supposed to get more snow this weekend too.
    Roger, corn starch is gluten free. (So is potato starch). I got a lot of salt on my car today driving to class. I didn't know it corroded plastic...I know it's bad for metal parts. Maybe I'll try to take it to a car wash after the next snow.
    Hi Jo!
    I'm actually going to the dentist tomorrow at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Hopefully he can fix the broken tooth. And I will get a crown for the root canal. They said I may be there 4 hours. :open_mouth: At least it will be over.
    Have a good night everyone, sleep well. :)
    Hi Vix
    As far as the brine they use it is different than the salt they spread and is hearsay according to the carwash owner :wink:
    OK, I googled it and see this article
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/worse-than-salt-brine-sprayed-on-roads-will-munch-your-car-to-pieces/2015/02/22/b89294e6-b949-11e4-aa05-1ce812b3fdd2_story.html
    Worse than salt, brine sprayed on roads will munch your car to pieces

In most states, brine is a mix of rock salt (sodium chloride) and magnesium chloride, dissolved in water so they can be sprayed on the road. “That’s a very important point, because magnesium chloride is much more corrosive than sodium chloride, the rock salt,” said Bob Baboian, an auto industry consultant and a fellow at the National Association of Corrosion Engineers.

Car rust and corrosion are caused by acid created when a salt is dissolved by the moisture in the air. Rock salt remains a crystal until the humidity reaches 70 percent, which doesn’t happen much during the winter. But magnesium chloride dissolves when there is only about 20 to 30 percent humidity. “Which means that your vehicle, if magnesium chloride is sprayed on it, is wet constantly,” Baboian said. The acid stays on your car and slowly eats away at the paint and metal.

Four hours is a long dental visit :(

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Good luck vix at the dentist you might be a little sore. 4 hours is a long time but it beats going back. We got our walk in and it didn't feel as cold as it was yesterday maybe because there was no wind. But all I know is my skin is so dry I was told to drink more water but that is not helping. Today I go to the hospital which it always makes me feel good my heart goes out to these people who are so sick I am glad to bring a little smile on there face. Tomorrow I take Annie back to the vet for a follow up hoping the xray shows it is all clear need some happy vibes. well take care all hey roger and jo
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Well, it was 4 hours at the dentist, in the chair, but I came home with 2 new crowns. So, 2 teeth saved. Yay!
    Using the instapot to make gluten free quick chicken tika masala....smells good.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees with a breeze. The Weather forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are not looking all that promising.

I should start using my recumbent again, especially given the forecast for Friday through Monday for my area.
    That would be precipitation starting around Midnight tonight, Then Saturday evening into Sunday and whatever is left will freeze into a slippery mess for Monday when the temperatures are dropping into the single digit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-pitches-plan-to-seize-private-property-of-problem-landlords-opponents-cry-communism
    NYC Mayor De Blasio pitches plan to seize private property of problem landlords, opponents cry ‘communism’

https://apnews.com/e5f748251c2245da8ff84acab19edf36
    Why US classrooms are starting to resemble arcades

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190109-what-we-can-learn-from-overweight-pets-about-human-obesity
    Our pets: the key to the obesity crisis?
    Even animals that aren’t eating too much or exercising too little are getting fat. If we can figure out why, we may have the key to our own obesity crisis – and how to stop it.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/15/st-charles-cars/
    Chicago Residents React To Police Checking Unlocked Cars In Western Suburb

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/religion/2019/01/15/lifeway-research-survey-says-young-adults-dropping-out-church/2550997002/
    What new LifeWay Research survey says about why young adults are dropping out of church

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Good luck vix at the dentist you might be a little sore. 4 hours is a long time but it beats going back. We got our walk in and it didn't feel as cold as it was yesterday maybe because there was no wind. But all I know is my skin is so dry I was told to drink more water but that is not helping. Today I go to the hospital which it always makes me feel good my heart goes out to these people who are so sick I am glad to bring a little smile on there face. Tomorrow I take Annie back to the vet for a follow up hoping the xray shows it is all clear need some happy vibes. well take care all hey roger and jo
    Hi Irene
    Yesterday the temperature was lower than today, while walking today with the breeze it felt colder however.

Every winter I have to use something on the hands they get so dry with the low humidity.

You are a Angel to do that for those people.

Good Luck with Annie
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all.
    Well, it was 4 hours at the dentist, in the chair, but I came home with 2 new crowns. So, 2 teeth saved. Yay!
    Using the instapot to make gluten free quick chicken tika masala....smells good.
    Have a good night. :)
    Hi Vix
    At least it did not run longer then the 4 hours at the Dentist.
    Saving Your teeth is a Big Win.

I have never had Chicken Tika Masala, One of these days I should get out and have some.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • RogerToo
    My NS Frozen comes today, depending on what time I may just leave it on the closed in porch til tomorrow, Between the Dry Ice and the Porch temperatures it should be fine. The Shelf Stable portion is shipped and not arriving today. In case Anyone is wondering why leave it, if it comes as it is getting dark it becomes a pain in the neck to check in and put into the freezer, so....
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, roger our walk this morning was warmer but there was no wind which was nice. I leave to go to the vet really hoping everything is good. Wow vix glad they were able to save your 2 teeth 4 hours were a long time but now you are done and you can chew again. Hey Jo
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Plan for today: art class, stop by daughter's house to see baby's room, shingles shot, podiatrist. I will be busy.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)