Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-that is great that the dentist was able to save both teeth.
    Irene-I hope you got good news from the vet.
    Roger-Did you order the new foods? Let us know how you like them.
    I log my food on the NS NUMI app and I won a free week of breakfasts for completing a challenge. It will be coming in my next order.
    One of the women at work is retiring in April and I am interested in applying for her job.
    It is stocking the health and beauty aisles. This was the job I had for 27 years, before they closed the store I was working in. There is just too much drama and back stabbing in the department I am working in now.
    Have a great night! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good luck getting the new job, Jo!
    Congrats on winning a week of breakfasts. :smiley:
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I have indeed done it, more humor is posted

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking Thus no money was found. I decided to sleep in today as I was very tired and decided why take the chance of slipping on the snow. The Temperature outside is 30 degrees. The Weather forecast for Friday for snow overnight was accurate, Even where they brined the street it is mostly white.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/united-neuroscience-s-alzheimer-vaccine-just-might-work#gs.H166B1qu
    A First Step for a Family Biotech’s Vaccine Against Alzheimer’s

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/well/move/exercise-brain-memory-irisin-alzheimer-dementia.html
    How Exercise May Help Keep Our Memory Sharp
    Irisin, a hormone that is released during exercise, may improve brain health and lessen the damage that occurs during Alzheimer’s disease.

Not a Surprise to me FWIW
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nyc-restaurants-cut-staff-hours-to-cope-with-minimum-wage-hike-hitting-15/
    NYC restaurants cutting staff hours as minimum wage hits $15

https://www.sfgate.com/weather/article/airplane-wheelie-Truckee-Tahoe-airport-snow-13540108.php?utm_source=sfgate&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=breakingnow
    'Sierra cement' knocks airplane onto its tail on runway at Tahoe airport

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fake-washington-post-newspapers-distributed-dc-1176560
    Fake Washington Post Newspapers Distributed in D.C.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, roger our walk this morning was warmer but there was no wind which was nice. I leave to go to the vet really hoping everything is good. Wow vix glad they were able to save your 2 teeth 4 hours were a long time but now you are done and you can chew again. Hey Jo
    Hello Irene
    I am curious as to how You made out with the overnight snow ? Since I was feeling run down yesterday I decided it was a decent excuse to stay in bed this morning, I did not manage to sleep later and just lay there dozing and therefor I still feel somewhat tired, Maybe tomorrow I'll walk depends on the weather forecasts tonight. After getting out last year where it was around freezing and having the surfaces turn to ice while I walking, I discovered that when I was crossing a street and it was a sheet of ice and I ended up sitting in the middle of the street scooting on my backside to the curb where I could get enough traction to get back on my feet I am more cautious this year. I wonder how things will be Sunday early as what I saw yesterday on the forecasts is that Sunday would start out rainy and then turn to rain with the High temperature for the day being just after midnight and falling throughout the day.

I may look out the window later and decide to go for a walk, Depends.

I hope You had a good, warm and safe walk if You went out today.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Plan for today: art class, stop by daughter's house to see baby's room, shingles shot, podiatrist. I will be busy.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I'm guessing that Your weather forecast is better than ours or ??
    I saw a report a little while ago that in some areas shingles shots were in short supply, I'm guessing that Your area is OK.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2019
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Vix-that is great that the dentist was able to save both teeth.
    Irene-I hope you got good news from the vet.
    Roger-Did you order the new foods? Let us know how you like them.
    I log my food on the NS NUMI app and I won a free week of breakfasts for completing a challenge. It will be coming in my next order.
    One of the women at work is retiring in April and I am interested in applying for her job.
    It is stocking the health and beauty aisles. This was the job I had for 27 years, before they closed the store I was working in. There is just too much drama and back stabbing in the department I am working in now.
    Have a great night! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I ordered all 8 of the the New Dinners one each of the 7 new Frozen and 1 of the new Shelf Stable dinner entrees. I will be starting to sample them today, I am thinking that I might start with the new Cheesesteak Pizza and or the Homestyle Beef and Vegetables. Since the Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pasta which is low enough calorie to work as a lunch, some of the reviews suggested adding a bit of grated cheese :wink: I'll let You know tomorrow. Some Big dummy, not to point fingers left some of the lunch sandwiches out overnight, I put a couple in the refrigerator to try depends on taste and odor. The Chicken Sandwich smelled OK, Since I had a lot of those anyway they went into the garbage. That means from 2PM to 5AM. As the saying goes, Haste makes waste :(

No one needs backstabbing and drama at work, I wonder why the backstabbing OTOH. Good Luck getting the position You want, Do they decide based on merit or seniority or ?

Congratulations on winning a weeks worth of Breakfasts
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, I didn't walk yet today we did get a dusting but it looks ok out side Annie has a vet apt at 9 getting blood work she has an irregular heart beat so we are starting out with blood work and taking it from there. Yesterday we did x rays and ekg . I am a little worried needs some prayers or good vibes I think the worst is she might have to go on meds. Jo I hope you get the job I worked retail I know the drama that can go on. Roger I think it is good to take a day off every once in a while I will walk Annie later. Vix hope your shingles shot didn't hurt .take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    I just saw this, Congratulations

Joanne3366 4 hours ago
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Joanne3366's lost 8.4 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I didn't walk yet today we did get a dusting but it looks ok out side Annie has a vet apt at 9 getting blood work she has an irregular heart beat so we are starting out with blood work and taking it from there. Yesterday we did x rays and ekg . I am a little worried needs some prayers or good vibes I think the worst is she might have to go on meds. Jo I hope you get the job I worked retail I know the drama that can go on. Roger I think it is good to take a day off every once in a while I will walk Annie later. Vix hope your shingles shot didn't hurt .take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    As I look out the window at 7:42 AM I see light snow falling again, It had stopped for a while, Oh well.

I am somewhat afraid I may end up taking days off this weekend due to weather, It is what it is.

I'm sorry to hear that about Annie. I'm sending Prayers and Good Vibes Your way right now for Annie.
    I hope You are right and that meds will help.

Good Luck at the Vet.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Snowed overnight here. An inch or two. The road looks clear...may be black ice. It is also very foggy.
    Irene...healing thoughts out for Annie.
    Jo, congrats on losing over 8 lbs! WTG!
    Roger, my arm is sore where I got the shot. They are in short supply here. I was on a waiting list, and got a call. (Got it at Walmart). Then they put you on another waiting list for the 2nd shot in 2-6 months. My gums are also sore around where I got my 2 new crowns. This was not an easy week!
    I am meeting a friend for lunch about 1/2 hour away, but I think the roads will be ok by then. And I have a chiropractor appt later in the afternoon. Going to exercise at home today.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-My arm was sore for a few days after I got the shingles shot.
    Irene-Good thoughts and prayers for Annie, you and George.
    Roger-I tried the homestyle beef and veggies. I liked it. I would order it again. I haven't tried the pizza yet.
    We didn't get any snow last night. The town where I work barely had a dusting.
    Roger-the job should go to the person with the most seniority because we are in the union.
    There is one other girl that is interested. I have more experience and seniority over her.
    The person retiring isn't leaving until April, so it is a waiting game. The job will have to be posted in all the stores.
    Have a great weekend and stay safe. :)
  • RogerToo
    I have now posted some more humor, I loved the BBQ season one

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. The Weather forecast for today into tomorrow is not looking good with the start around sundown into Sunday. Whatever falls will end up freezing hard Monday when the Temperatures drop into the teens with the overnight temperatures and wind causing a wind chill in the -10s to -20s.

Mini Reviews. I liked the new Lemon Cooler Cookie, the Lemon odor was a bit strong with a good taste.

Friday I tried the new Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pasta and it was also good, the Creamy sauce reminded me of another NS dish and at 180 calories and Total Carbohydrate of 20g I used it as a Lunch Entree.

Then for Dinner I tried the new Mac and Cheese at 210 calories and a little high Total Carbohydrate of 33g and the Taste was real nice, The Cheese sauce is different than used in the Salisbury Steak with Mav & Cheese being somewhat thicker.

I shall be ordering all of these again on my next order.

https://www.studyfinds.org/vanom-vampire-bats-hypertension-heart-failure/
    Venom From Vampire Bats May ‘Revolutionize Treatments’ For Hypertension, Heart Failure, More

Hmm...
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-vax-movement-among-top-10-global-health-threats-for-2019-world-health-organization/
    Anti-vax movement among top 10 global health threats for 2019, World Health Organization says

Probably not here in NJ
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-blood-wolf-moon-sunday-total-lunar-eclipse-north-america-south-europe/
    "Super blood wolf moon" will light up the night sky this Sunday

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2019/01/17/food-recalls-increasing-romaine-lettuce-beef-pirg-usda-fda-ecoli-salmonella/2595775002/
    Food recalls up 10 percent since 2013 as foodborne illnesses kill 3,000 Americans a year

Maybe, Maybe Not
    https://news.yahoo.com/human-diet-causing-catastrophic-damage-planet-study-005106550.html
    Human diet causing 'catastrophic' damage to planet: study

Nope, Probably
    https://news.yahoo.com/lentils-side-rice-save-world-diet-235519205.html
    Lentils with a side of rice: the save-the-world diet?

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/01/17/emotional-support-alligator-makes-new-friends-at-assisted-living-facility/
    Emotional Support Alligator Makes New Friends At Assisted-Living Facility

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Snowed overnight here. An inch or two. The road looks clear...may be black ice. It is also very foggy.
    Irene...healing thoughts out for Annie.
    Jo, congrats on losing over 8 lbs! WTG!
    Roger, my arm is sore where I got the shot. They are in short supply here. I was on a waiting list, and got a call. (Got it at Walmart). Then they put you on another waiting list for the 2nd shot in 2-6 months. My gums are also sore around where I got my 2 new crowns. This was not an easy week!
    I am meeting a friend for lunch about 1/2 hour away, but I think the roads will be ok by then. And I have a chiropractor appt later in the afternoon. Going to exercise at home today.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Interesting, It sounds as if You got more snow than we did. Black Ice is bad news, One year many, many years ago I drove to work here in town and slid into the curb on ice, luckily I only bent a rim and I did not even know that happened until someone asked me if I knew I had a bent rim. I should have went back into the house when I slid off of the front step and down the sidewalk on the ice :blush: In my defense I was a new driver then.

No Fog here on Friday. I get a sore arm with every shot, one reason I hate getting them, The Tetanus shot and then the following week the Flu shot left me with a sore arm for two weeks :(

It sounds as if You got lucky, I suppose I should call my Pharmacy and see if they have the new shingles vaccine.

You did indeed have a rough week, Better days are coming.

I hope Your lunch went well as well as the Chiropractor visit.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-My arm was sore for a few days after I got the shingles shot.
    Irene-Good thoughts and prayers for Annie, you and George.
    Roger-I tried the homestyle beef and veggies. I liked it. I would order it again. I haven't tried the pizza yet.
    We didn't get any snow last night. The town where I work barely had a dusting.
    Roger-the job should go to the person with the most seniority because we are in the union.
    There is one other girl that is interested. I have more experience and seniority over her.
    The person retiring isn't leaving until April, so it is a waiting game. The job will have to be posted in all the stores.
    Have a great weekend and stay safe. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I was thinking about trying the Homestyle Beef and Vegetables today for Dinner :smiley: I like the Shelf Stable Hearty Beef Stew for taste, just not for the portion size. The other options for dinner would be the Four Cheese Manicotti which is a lot higher in carbs however or the Four Cheese Manicotti or the Chicken Paella or finally the
    Cheesesteak Pizza, which I am hoping will kill my cravings to go get a Cheesesteak at one of the local Pizza places :blush: I do like the frozen NS pizza Crusts even if they are the cause of most of the carbohydrates in the Pizzas. They come out of the Microwave nice and crispy.

No Snow sounds like good news to me. OTOH it also means no one will be making a snowman.

I was wondering if You were union, Hopefully You will have seniority over anyone bidding for the position even those from other stores.

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Irene
  • eku0
    edited January 2019
    Good morning.
    Our weather forecast changed....no snow overnight, and it looks like rain with a few snow showers tonight and tomorrow, but mostly rain. Then the temp drops way down into the single digits Sunday night into Monday. BRRRRR!
    Thanks for the info, Jo, my arm is still pretty sore. I hope you get the job, too bad you have to wait.
    Irene, still sending good vibes for Annie, you, and George. When do you get the test results back?
    Roger...I kind of liked the donut truck one, and the space cat, and the photoshop. :smiley: It warmed up quickly yesterday, and the roads were all clear and dry.
    Had a nice lunch with my friend. Good to see her and catch up.
    No plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi all, got good news looks like everything came back normal we will retest in a couple of months not sure why it happened but everything looks fine. She is 12 years old but acks like a puppy we walked this morning for an hour and 40 minutes and she wanted to keep going. Jo congrats on loosing 8 pounds that is so awesome. Vix sorry your gums and arm is sore. Roger it is better to be safe than going out for a walk and end up falling. Our weather is showing rain now who knows but after church tonight we don't plan on going out tomorrow. Jo I hope you get the job too bad you have to wait and see. take care everyone and if you are going out be safe
  • Joanne3366
    Goos morning,
    Our snow started last night around 5pm. So far we have a couple of inches and it just started raining. We will be spending today clearing off as much of the snow as we can.
    Irene-Great news about Annie.
    Roger-The only thing I didn't like about the lemon cookie was that there were not more in the package. ;) I have not tried any of the other frozen dinners yet.
    Vix-I hope your arm and teeth are feeling better today.
    Today on the agenda is clearing up the snow, going to the gym and watching the football game. I will get plenty of exercise today.
    Stay safe. :)
  • RogerToo
    More Humor was posted a little while ago.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. The Weather forecast for a dangerous snowfall overnight was a giant fail. Later Today into tomorrow is not looking good with the temperatures forecast to first warm up and then drop to 5 degrees overnight. Whatever rain that has not dried up will be freezing hard overnight through Monday when the Temperatures drop with the overnight temperatures and wind causing a wind chill in the -10s to -20s.

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Homestyle Beef and Vegetables at 210 calories and Total Carbohydrate of 22g. The One thing I did not care for was a Pepper taste to the sauce. The rest was tasty and the beef was tender and a decent amount.
    From the NS reviews
    1. I really liked it, but it needs a little more salt, and LESS pepper!
    2. Too much pepper for my taste.

I shall be ordering this again on my next order. Just not a huge quantity.

Yesterday my Brother made a Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, Two actually, Both a fair size, Chopped up pre cooked chicken, Mixed vegetables with No potatoes, a Home made gravy and he used a Pie Crust from the Grocery Store as the Crust, On top only as that is how he feels they should be made. I had a small Piece and it was tasty, The second one has been Vacuum Sealed and is residing in the Freezer :smiley:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/18/opinion-the-radiation-risk-posed-when-you-undergo-ct-scans/
    Scannell: The radiation risk posed when you undergo CT scans
    Researchers estimate that nearly 2 percent of future cancers could be related to computerized tomography

https://nypost.com/2019/01/16/alarming-burnout-is-making-doctors-want-to-kill-themselves/
    ‘Alarming’ burnout is making doctors want to kill themselves

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article224681235.html
    Vandal in SUV plowed into this Kentucky man’s snowman. He didn’t know about the stump.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/17/theater-for-dogs-plano/
    Theater For Dogs Now Open In Plano

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/punishing-blizzard-ice-to-hammer-northeast-and-then-arctic-air-freeze-up-to-cement-snow-and-slush-in-storms-wake/70007187
    Blizzard to dish out up to 40 inches of snow in northeastern US as dangerous ice storm takes aim farther south

https://www.studyfinds.org/stress-can-literally-shrink-your-brain-study-finds/
    Stress Can Literally Shrink Your Brain, Study Finds

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-17/norway-readies-big-brother-gps-based-taxation-mile-driven
    Norway Readies 'Big Brother' GPS-Based Taxation Per Mile-Driven

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Our weather forecast changed....no snow overnight, and it looks like rain with a few snow showers tonight and tomorrow, but mostly rain. Then the temp drops way down into the single digits Sunday night into Monday. BRRRRR!
    Thanks for the info, Jo, my arm is still pretty sore. I hope you get the job, too bad you have to wait.
    Irene, still sending good vibes for Annie, you, and George. When do you get the test results back?
    Roger...I kind of liked the donut truck one, and the space cat, and the photoshop. :smiley: It warmed up quickly yesterday, and the roads were all clear and dry.
    Had a nice lunch with my friend. Good to see her and catch up.
    No plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I do not have any plans to go walking Monday with the forecast wind chills and the likelihood of ice everywhere. Sunday is my brothers Go To Market day and with the forecast for falling temperatures later he is talking about going early as there a few things he needs and I am out of Multi Vitamins. I am not looking forward to the single digit overnight temperatures nor the daytime ones, I predict that the Furnace will be working overtime :(

Our roads were decent even before Sunrise and I am wondering if the weather will allow viewing of the Blood Wolf Moon Tonight. Total fail exposing that You cheated the photo lifting weights :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all, got good news looks like everything came back normal we will retest in a couple of months not sure why it happened but everything looks fine. She is 12 years old but acks like a puppy we walked this morning for an hour and 40 minutes and she wanted to keep going. Jo congrats on loosing 8 pounds that is so awesome. Vix sorry your gums and arm is sore. Roger it is better to be safe than going out for a walk and end up falling. Our weather is showing rain now who knows but after church tonight we don't plan on going out tomorrow. Jo I hope you get the job too bad you have to wait and see. take care everyone and if you are going out be safe
    Hi Irene
    That is indeed good News that everything came back normal. Acts like a puppy :smiley:

The temperatures were so nice I went walking in the rain, I did wear full rain gear and that blocked what there was of a wind and kept me warm and dry.
    This afternoon into Monday or Tuesday is when the smart thing to do is stay home. Am I smart enough, Time will tell, Plans do change.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger