Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I have posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees. I did see a small herd of deer 6 or 7 of them ahead of me crossing a street near the house.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/charlie-munger-says-california-connecticut-have-been-stupid-for-driving-rich-people-away.html
    Charlie Munger says California, Connecticut have been 'stupid' for driving rich people away
    "It's been serious. Driving the rich people out is pretty dumb if you're a state or a city," Munger tells CNBC's Becky Quick in an interview. "There are a number of places that have shot themselves in the foot; Connecticut, California, New York City."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/14/how-one-man-received-a-980000-tax-refund-on-an-18000-salary.html
    Tampa man reported income of $18,497; IRS sent him a refund check for $980,000
    A man in Tampa, Florida, reported he had received $18,497 in wages on his 2016 income tax return.
    He also fraudulently claimed that he withheld $1 million in income taxes that year, which led to a tax refund of $980,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/feb/14/new-drug-hopes-reversing-memory-loss-old-age-depression-schizophrenia-alzheimers
    New drug raises hopes of reversing memory loss in old age
    Toronto researchers believe the drug can also help those with depression, schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s

Thankfully
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/02/15/philadelphia-law-would-require-retailers-accept-cash/2879664002/
    For retailers who say "no cash,'' Philadelphia says no dice: bill bans cards only

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/asia/south-korea-japan-disputed-islands-one-resident-intl/index.html
    Widow, 81, sole resident of remote island disputed by South Korea and Japan

http://www.brain-sharper.com/entertainment/blazing-saddles-tb/?utm_campaign=Blazing Saddles MJ NV3 En - Desktop USA&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=associatedpress-apnews&utm_term=Gene+Wilder's+Funniest+Line+In+Blazing+Saddles+Wasn't+In+Script&utm_content=https://prod-pubplus-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/f800435b-6c26-44bc-969f-de85990c663e.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we found another 25 cents on our walk. Roger I also try to stay from the drs but the pain made me go and it might be my neck who knows. jo awesome news about your bp the ice castles sound fun. take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    You are doing better than I at finding money, I am doing better this month but I well behind Your find$.

I am afraid a pain I am having may make me go to the doctors too. I have a suspicion of what it is and would not like the cure :(

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I looked up Ice Castles...looks really cool. (punny) Have fun. Congrats on your weight loss and medical results.
    Roger, we mostly go to a local dealer who has pretty good deals on oil changes. I don't trust Jiffy Lube any more. The chiro told me that my ankle problem sounds like a sprain and to put ice on it. So I've been doing that.
    Our Valentine's dinner was really nice. I had maple glazed salmon with shrimp, brussels sprouts, and red potatoes. Hubby had rockfish with crab imperial, green beans,and red potatoes. We got a seat next to a fireplace which was cozy.
    Irene, fun to find money on your walks. Good luck with the medical issues.
    I'm off to a small art show in the park.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    We have been going local for many years, I got disgusted with Jiffy Lube many years ago when they kept trying to sell me high profit easy to do items. As an example I had changed the Air filter a couple of months previously and they brought in the filter to tell it was dirty and needed changing. I know from experience that they look dirty after around a week of regular use. A really dirty air filter when tapped will release dust then it is time to clean the housing and change the filter.

Same sort of Problem with Midas Muffler shops. Yes they will keep replacing the muffler for free even while pushing new exhaust pipes. Not to mention that the pipes are not free and neither the pipes or mufflers they use hold up. I was having to have them replace the muffler yearly. When I had the local Guy change them being fed up with going there yearly his lasted a decent amount of time.

I hope the Ice is helping and that if it is a sprain You can keep off of it.

Your Valentines dinner sounds tasty, I understand that Red Potatoes are better for You than White Potatoes.

That is nice that You can go to a art show close to home.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ice castles was fun but cold.
    Irene-Congrats on found money.
    Roger-All I see these days are wild turkeys. Sorry you are having pain.
    Vix-enjoy the art show. I hope your ankle feels better soon.
    Nothing planned for today.
    Have a good one! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. Glad you had fun...it did look cold!
    Roger, hope you get your medical issue taken care of. My ankle is feeling a little better. I think I needed to skip the rough trails for a while. Also starting to get my diet back under control. I am doing it gradually. Now if I could do something about my lack of motivation!
    Hi Irene.
    May go to look at mattresses today, thinking about moving my guestroom to the main floor, but not sure how to rearrange our personal study rooms to accommodate that. Will see.
    It's sunny and cold today. No special plans.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, went for a nice long walk almost 2 hours, we did find a penny today it was so worn out not sure how it is. no big plans for today maybe go for a ride later. take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. The possible snow in the forecast has not made an appearance, Possibly North of here. The Rain started before 10PM and is still falling.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/760102/titanic-replica-disaster-china-rms-romandisea-qi-river-wuchang-shipbuilding-pictures
    Titanic II taking shape as £125 MILLION exact replica of disaster ship built in China

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/u-s-student-debt-in-serious-delinquency-tops-166-billion#gs.Zvspext4
    U.S. Student Debt in ‘Serious Delinquency’ Tops $166 Billion

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2019/02/16/amazon-looks-control-your-smart-home-echo-ring-eero-and-more/2875867002/
    From Echo to Ring doorbell and Fire TV, are you comfortable Amazon with controlling your smart home?

https://www.studyfinds.org/men-more-than-40-push-ups-heart-disease/
    Men Who Can Do More Than 40 Push-Ups Far Less Likely To Develop Heart Disease

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Ice castles was fun but cold.
    Irene-Congrats on found money.
    Roger-All I see these days are wild turkeys. Sorry you are having pain.
    Vix-enjoy the art show. I hope your ankle feels better soon.
    Nothing planned for today.
    Have a good one! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I have seen a wild turkey here in town, not for a while however. They have had some problems with them in some areas of Staten Island, NY and North NJ, They can be aggressive too.

Both my Brother & I feel it when the weather is changing, as happened last night.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. Glad you had fun...it did look cold!
    Roger, hope you get your medical issue taken care of. My ankle is feeling a little better. I think I needed to skip the rough trails for a while. Also starting to get my diet back under control. I am doing it gradually. Now if I could do something about my lack of motivation!
    Hi Irene.
    May go to look at mattresses today, thinking about moving my guestroom to the main floor, but not sure how to rearrange our personal study rooms to accommodate that. Will see.
    It's sunny and cold today. No special plans.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I am guessing that when You say rough trails You mean uneven ground ? That would put a strain on the ankle.

I am still in the avoid the doctor mode :blush:

I had a bad day diet wise Sunday and Today I am having cravings as a result. Motivation was lacking here Sunday :(

They claim that a mattress and pillows should be changed even if they seem OK periodically, I am not sure I agree.

Have You noticed that the newer mattresses only have one sleeping side vs the older ones where You could flip them end for end and turn them over to get a longer life for the mattress ?

Is there any need to move the Guestroom to the ground floor, Maybe to get guests further away at night ?

Good Luck with the planning
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, went for a nice long walk almost 2 hours, we did find a penny today it was so worn out not sure how it is. no big plans for today maybe go for a ride later. take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    Wow, 2 hours is longer than I want to do in any one walk. Congratulations on that.

The last pennies I found were pretty corroded that I almost missed them and likely would have if not for the shape. One side is worse than the other, Likely the top side or maybe the bottom where they were sitting on wet ground, I'm not sure.

If You got out riding, I am sure You had fun

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    We bought an adjustable bed. I do have to figure out how I want to fit it in, but it will be good on the main level for nights either of us is having trouble sleeping, so it will get plenty of use.
    It's about 35 degrees out, got rain, not snow, and cloudy. I have a massage appt this a.m.
    Have a good new week, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We got about 4 inches of snow so far and it is still snowing.
    We went to the gym this morning and are going to the mall this afternoon to browse around.
    I also am going to donate 3 boxes of books to the library.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we did get our walk in so far I got in7,720 steps we are going for a ride to Trenton need to get heart worm pills for Annie then we plan on going for a ride we have bogs here and they are real sandy but nice to walk in. We went there yesterday and Annie had a great time. Still waiting on the DRs office to get the approval for my MRI shoulder/neck has really been hurting . Roger I am sorry you are having medical issues. Vix it is always nice to have a spare room so if one can't sleep it won't wake the other one up.aw Jo you sound like you are getting a lot of snow, I believe we are suppose to get some on Wednesday . The only thing we have gotten last night was rain.
  • RogerToo
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees with a light wind. There was this big white glowing thing in the sky when I went out the door and it was still showing on my return home around 5:50 AM :)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/manhattan-atms-are-absolutely-riddled-with-bacteria/
    Manhattan ATMs are absolutely riddled with bacteria

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/bank-employee-used-atm-loophole-to-score-1m-in-free-cash/
    Bank employee used ATM loophole to score $1M in ‘free’ cash

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8445285/burnt-toast-more-toxic-traffic-fumes/
    BROWN BREAD BREKKIE Burnt toast could be more toxic than TRAFFIC FUMES, scientists warn
    Researchers in the US found the least harmful way to make toast was to turn the bread a light golden brown rather than burning it

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    We bought an adjustable bed. I do have to figure out how I want to fit it in, but it will be good on the main level for nights either of us is having trouble sleeping, so it will get plenty of use.
    It's about 35 degrees out, got rain, not snow, and cloudy. I have a massage appt this a.m.
    Have a good new week, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    If I said my only experience with an adjustable bed was in a hospital or when mom was in a rehab facility and thus I have no way to tell if I would like it. Or do You mean one like the sleep number I see advertised vs one where the head or bottom of the bed can be raised ?

Yesterday was not bad, it never became snow around here. The Rain had ended by 9 AM and the day stayed dreary with a few spritzes of rain in the afternoon.

Another week started, Yea.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    We got about 4 inches of snow so far and it is still snowing.
    We went to the gym this morning and are going to the mall this afternoon to browse around.
    I also am going to donate 3 boxes of books to the library.
    Have a great day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I ordered some used hardcover books from amazon for my brother, some of them the price spread between New and Used was really large. We have found that books marked very good appear like new and that Good are usually in good condition too. One of the Books I ordered is a used library book and another is coming from Goodwill. I should suggest to our library that they sell the used books and some of the donated books on Amazon, they can always use the $$

I hope the snow ended right after You posted and is a nice light fluffy easy to move snow.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we did get our walk in so far I got in7,720 steps we are going for a ride to Trenton need to get heart worm pills for Annie then we plan on going for a ride we have bogs here and they are real sandy but nice to walk in. We went there yesterday and Annie had a great time. Still waiting on the DRs office to get the approval for my MRI shoulder/neck has really been hurting . Roger I am sorry you are having medical issues. Vix it is always nice to have a spare room so if one can't sleep it won't wake the other one up.aw Jo you sound like you are getting a lot of snow, I believe we are suppose to get some on Wednesday . The only thing we have gotten last night was rain.
    Hello Irene
    From what I am seeing in the weather forecasts Wednesdays snow is reported to start as snow, turn to a mix and the 100% rain, Maybe it won't be too bad, hopefully. I also hope it holds off starting until after I return home from walking. I am somewhat curious as to why go to Trenton for the Heart Worm Pills, is the price that much better there or ...

I find it hard to fall asleep if there is noise, that is likely also why I end up getting up earlier than I would like to get up.

Some light clouds in the sky, they did not interfere with the Supermoon lighting things up when I was walking. You know the moon is bright when it casts as shadow.

Good Luck getting a speedy approval for the MRI and having the pain end. Are You by chance in a managed healthcare plan ? Since I went on Medicare and pay for a Medicare supplement plan that covers whatever Medicare does not I do not recall needing to be approved for any procedure if the doctor writes a Prescription for it.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    My daughter had her baby last night...we have a brand new beautiful grandson! :smiley: It's really wonderful. <3
    No snow here til Wednesday a.m.
    Roger, I was so excited yesterday, I forgot about the supermoon...I'll try to remember to look tonight. The bed is adjustable, head and foot can be raised. There is a zero gravity setting that is extremely comfortable. I cleared a space in my little study for it. :)
    Jo, I hope your snow wasn't too bad. Good for you for getting out to the gym....and for donating books.
    Irene, hope your MRI gets approved soon, so you can find out what the problem is and start feeling better. You may want to try a massage for your neck and shoulder, sometimes that can help.
    Our person is here cleaning today and then we are going back to visit at the hospital today.
    I think they are getting discharged tomorrow. I hope the roads are cleared when they get out.
    I love babies!!!
    Have a great day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, congrats vix I am so happy for you and your family what did you name the baby? We also have adjustable bed love it . We have ours for about 3 years now when George's allergy's are acting up it helps. It is also nice for laying in bed and watching tv. great idea in getting a massage never thought of it not sure who to go to. Roger we have Aetna choice pro and I do need approval on mri but not x-rays. so far today we got our hour walk in and 28 minutes on the treadmill I will be taking Annie out for her 2nd walk soon . On our walk this morning the moon was huge and bright hi jo
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor in a few minutes

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 25 degrees. The moon was visible, Not to visible due to clouds that thickened as I walked. 100% chance of precipitation, Snow turning into a mix and then rain.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2019/02/18/grand-canyon-tourists-exposed-radiation-safety-manager-says/2876435002/
    Grand Canyon tourists exposed for years to radiation in museum building, safety manager says

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/investigates/foreign-ownership-of-thousands-of-us-aircraft-cloaked-in-secrecy/287-959247e4-3aba-4c0a-a83b-639145e81a64
    Foreign ownership of thousands of U.S. aircraft cloaked in secrecy
    Why does a small East Texas town called Onalaska have more than 1,000 registered aircraft - and no airport?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article226423575.html
    DNA testing needed to identify mystery animal that attacked and killed NC teacher

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger