Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-congratulations on the birth of your grandson. :) What did they name him?
    Irene-congrats on all the found money. Have you thought about going to a chiropractor or having a massage to see if that helps? When you walk Annie does she pull on the leash, that might be causing your pain.
    Roger-I didn't realize that you went out that early to walk.
    I only went on the computer this week to log my food. I don't know where my time goes some days.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Thanks, Jo....William Joseph...he's a cutie! :wink: Missed you!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 40 degrees. The rain in the forecast arrived as forecast to be here before I would be up and out the door. I did get a little wet, The rain is forecast to be over by 11 AM.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/-ruff-day-for-lakeville-dogs-that-called-911-five-times
    Dogs call 911 five times

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article226570774.html
    You kill it, you grill it? New California bill would let drivers legally eat roadkill

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/At-this-fast-food-drive-through-the-person-13636317.php
    At this fast food drive through, the person taking your order might not be a person at all

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/22/america-autobahn-california-legislator-proposes-no-speed-limit-plan/2946374002/
    Is the American Autobahn next? How states are pushing highway speeds past the limit

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger, it's overcast here too, about 35 going up to 40, some rain probably this afternoon.
    I've been using my eliptical, easier on my legs than walking in the park. Hubby got a recumbent exercise bike, so I tried it, thinking it might be easier, but it's really hard on my leg with the arthritic hip. He doesn't like the eliptical....this way we both have something at home if the weather's bad.
    Interesting about the giant bee...sort of gives me hope that other creatures that are believed extinct may still exist. Although I think we can live without others...like mosquitos, roaches, stink bugs..... :smirk:
    Irene...that's really early for a lab to open! (Ours don't even open until 8 or 8:30). Good that you got it taken care of. If you're really tired, you should probably get some rest! Everyone needs a break some time. Remember to mention the fatigue to the Dr. It might just be some vitamins or minerals lacking.
    Hi Jo, hope all is going well.
    I didn't do much yesterday. Basement exercise, a load of laundry, painted a picture frame I didn't like the color of, etc....puttering.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone! :)
    Hi Vix
    I have a convertible that be set to be either of those two, I found that the Recumbent Bike was easier for me, Different people different likes :smiley:

I agree with the three You mentioned going away. Roaches are just disgusting. I had to keep a can of Bug spray at work when I was doing computer repairs, More than one that was brought in had a roach infestation and I am (was) paranoid about them getting brought back to the house.

I think that the fatigue could be due to that cause or the doctor can do a Blood test that will show vitamin and mineral levels to determine if that is the cause or if it is something else.

We have some really nice frames in use from the Grandparents that are a great looking carved wood with curved glass that I suspect might be expensive to replace if it got broken.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we found a nickel on our walk today I can't believe the money I have been finding , I believe people are trying to get stuff out of there pockets and drop the change. I just got a letter from the insurance company explaining they feel it is too soon for an MRI they want to wait 3 months and too see if it improves with different things to try first . Not sure yet what the DR plans are I go back on the 7 th we will see. For my blood work I went to Quest there hours are 6am until 2:30 pm it is great to just go earl and get it done I think I was so off was didn't have my coffee until later I normally have 2 cups of coffee before then. In case any is wondering I normally have maybe 3 cups of coffee .It keeps me going.Vix I love it when you say you are doing much then I see all that you have planned you sure are a busy lady. Roger I have at least 2 more years before I can go on medicare. hey jo
    Hi Irene
    You are doing so much better than I at finding money :(

Just curious did the insurance company letter say what type of different things ?

We have Quest around here too.

I usually have 15 to 30 ounces of coffee a day, It depends on how much of the 30 Cup I get my refills in that I drink, Yesterday I drank 1/2 and I heated the other half for this mornings walk in the rain.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Vix-congratulations on the birth of your grandson. :) What did they name him?
    Irene-congrats on all the found money. Have you thought about going to a chiropractor or having a massage to see if that helps? When you walk Annie does she pull on the leash, that might be causing your pain.
    Roger-I didn't realize that you went out that early to walk.
    I only went on the computer this week to log my food. I don't know where my time goes some days.
    Have a good evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Where is my brain, I never thought to ask the Grandsons name, Double :(

I did not use to go out that early, it just that I have been having trouble sleeping later these days so I give up and go walk, If I am tired I grab a Nap in the afternoon, if 3 hours can be called a nap ?

I would swear I had more free time before I retired, where it goes these days I would have to start logging my day to see. I know some is here and some is watching TV, News and other things.

BTW I had this pesty thing pop up yesterday when I was searching the Internet. Looking for humorous images and news along with looking to see what some of the things mentioned on TV and News Sites were.

The support.microsoft.com scam is a fake website that locks the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge browser and displays a fake message. There is no Microsoft Support website stating your computer is infected, it’s fake and build to deceive you into calling a telephone number with a fake support engineer and a fake expensive phone number.

It does indeed lock You out of closing the browser as a voice tells You that shutting down the computer will result in data loss. Ha :smiley: I had the use Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the task manager and close my browser that way. So be careful, It blew threw my Norton and Anti Malware software.

Congratulations on the logging, As we say elsewhere "Real Life Comes First", There was never a truer statement.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited February 2019
    Good morning.
    Raining here, pretty heavy.
    Roger they had a scam like that a few years ago....I usually shut down my machine when I get a notice that looks fishy (like one that tells you are infected and gives you a number to call or website to go to), don't open attachments from unknown emailers (delete and mark as spam). Then when I start it up, I run my virus scan first thing, before going back online. Also it's a good time of year to be reminded that IRS will not call you with a problem(another scam)...you will get a notice in the mail.
    We will probably stop by my daughter's sometime today. They've been busy taking care of little Will, and trying to find a routine. My heart melts just thinking of them!
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Vix I am with Roger never even thought to ask you his name. I am sure you will post a picture of Will soon. I am so happy for you all. I did find another penny this morning on our walk. We went out for breakfast this morning I had a farmers omelet it was all kinds of veggies no cheese so I think I pretty much stayed on plan. It was very good . A couple of months ago I did receive a letter from the IRS and they thought I owed them more money but I called my tax guy and they wrote them a letter and didn't have to pay but I would never go by a phone call.take care everyone . Jo I am waiting until I go back to the DR and by then my blood work will be back and I will mention all the other stuff.
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 38 degrees. The wind in the forecast arrived on schedule and as I was out walking facing into wind gusts they were strong enough to bring me to a near stop so I changed my plans as far as where I walked to have the wind at my side for most of the walk.

Wind Gusts today are forecast to hit the 60s in parts of NJ.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1091433/plastic-sea-microparticles-health-risk-diseases
    Experts warn of growing health risk from plastic

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1090950/heart-attack-diet-symptoms-signs-myocardial-infarction-nuts
    Heart attack: The ‘superfood’ snack you should eat every day to avoid deadly heart attacks

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/23/cassette-tape-music-revival-retro-chic-rewind
    It’s cool to spool again as the cassette returns on a wave of nostalgia
    Sales are soaring and current stars are releasing tracks on the format… but is anyone actually listening to them?

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/How-I-Ditched-My-Phone-and-Unbroke-My-Brain-13638278.php
    How I Ditched My Phone and Unbroke My Brain

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2019
    Good morning.
    Raining here, pretty heavy.
    Roger they had a scam like that a few years ago....I usually shut down my machine when I get a notice that looks fishy (like one that tells you are infected and gives you a number to call or website to go to), don't open attachments from unknown emailers (delete and mark as spam). Then when I start it up, I run my virus scan first thing, before going back online. Also it's a good time of year to be reminded that IRS will not call you with a problem(another scam)...you will get a notice in the mail.
    We will probably stop by my daughter's sometime today. They've been busy taking care of little Will, and trying to find a routine. My heart melts just thinking of them!
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Yup we had rain also, it was mostly done before 10AM and was not what I would call heavy, more like a steady rain.

The annoying part of that Microsoft Support Scam is that I got it from a Site I have used off and on for years, I am guessing that the site was hacked into and the Scam was inserted into it.
    I knew right off it was a scam since Microsoft will never do that and try to get you to call a support number nor will they email you about a problem.

I ran AdwCleaner downloaded from the Bleeping Computer site yesterday and it found 2 redirects to malware in Microsoft Edge and cleaned them. Since I was using Firefox I do not know how long they were there. This morning I am running a Norton scan and yesterday I also ran a Malwarebytes Antimalware scan. No attachments are ever opened here either I know better.

I can see where they are busy, Finding a routine should help.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

P.S. The Norton Scan just completed and shows as clean.
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Vix I am with Roger never even thought to ask you his name. I am sure you will post a picture of Will soon. I am so happy for you all. I did find another penny this morning on our walk. We went out for breakfast this morning I had a farmers omelet it was all kinds of veggies no cheese so I think I pretty much stayed on plan. It was very good . A couple of months ago I did receive a letter from the IRS and they thought I owed them more money but I called my tax guy and they wrote them a letter and didn't have to pay but I would never go by a phone call.take care everyone . Jo I am waiting until I go back to the DR and by then my blood work will be back and I will mention all the other stuff.
    Hi Irene
    That sounds like it should work on plan being all veggies and no cheese, How was the taste, I tend to like my omelets with cheese which is why I ask.

I agree with You the IRS will never call You or email You, They do all contacts by letter via the US Mail. If only the public would learn that many of the IRS scams would go away.

Good Luck when the results come in. My doctor sends a email link where I can download the complete blood test results FWIW.

Another Day, Another Penny and here I am once again no money found :wink:
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I have been to the lab for fasting blood work this morning and am now eating my breakfast.
    I also have an appt. at the gym to go over how I am doing and to make sure I am using the equipment properly.
    Roger-I don't mind omelets without cheese, but the cheese sure does make it taste better.
    It is good that you got your computer cleaned up.
    We had rain all day yesterday and with the temp. drop the driveway was a sheet of ice.
    Today we have a mix of sun, clouds, snow squalls and wind.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, found another penny yesterday on our afternoon walk it actually had a little hole in it. Roger the omelet was good the cheese would of made it better but I didn't want to off plan that much. It is so windy here not going any where ,tomorrow I am going to Costco for some stuff. take care everyone oh I did walk plus the treadmill for 27 minutes I was surprised we were able to do our hour walk this morning with all the wind
  • eku0
    Good morning. Windy as heck here too...things were blowing and creaking all night, but sunny. :)
    Good to get your bloodwork done early, Jo. Be careful in the messy weather.
    Good for walking in the wind, Irene. I found 7 cents yesterday in the Walmart parking lot. That's the first found money for me this year. :wink:
    Roger, good that you got your computer cleaned up. I hate when that happens. I have Norton running on mine. It comes with our Xfinity connection. I'm usually pretty careful about where I go on the web.
    No special plans for today other than an acupuncture appt this afternoon.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I already posted new humor, Enjoy.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees. The wind from yesterday has moderated, however there was enough to cause a wind chill in the 0 to 10 degree range according to the weather forecast and It did feel like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/feb/24/the-10-minute-test-for-cancer-pioneering-methods-blood-test-detection-tumours-lung-breast-colorectal
    Could we soon be able to detect cancer in 10 minutes?
    Pioneering methods are being developed to find traces of tumours quickly in small blood samples

https://apnews.com/76e7c9eb60f14db98c855ef680d43adb
    Wyoming district will open 1-student school next fall

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190218-are-we-on-the-road-to-civilisation-collapse
    Deep Civilisation Risk
    Are we on the road to civilisation collapse?
    Studying the demise of historic civilisations can tell us how much risk we face today, says collapse expert Luke Kemp. Worryingly, the signs are worsening.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/22/supreme-court-considers-whether-giant-world-war-i-memorial-cross-can-stay.html
    Culture wars heat up at the Supreme Court as justices consider whether giant World War I memorial cross can stay

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I have been to the lab for fasting blood work this morning and am now eating my breakfast.
    I also have an appt. at the gym to go over how I am doing and to make sure I am using the equipment properly.
    Roger-I don't mind omelets without cheese, but the cheese sure does make it taste better.
    It is good that you got your computer cleaned up.
    We had rain all day yesterday and with the temp. drop the driveway was a sheet of ice.
    Today we have a mix of sun, clouds, snow squalls and wind.
    Enjoy your day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I'm sure You were happy to get home and break Your fast, I know I would be :smiley:

When I joined a Gym years ago they did something similar and they had a sheet used to track how I was doing.

I do not know why but to me it just is not a Omelet without either Cheddar or American Cheese.

I hate it when that happens, I'm sure that when the driveway is a sheet of ice the roads are not far behind and driving becomes dangerous. I had that experience when I was a fairly new driver. When I slipped off of the step and slid down the sidewalk I should have gone back in the house. Instead I drove to work that was in town and slid into the curb, Luckily all I did was bend a rim.

Your weather does not sound good, I hope You were able to stay home.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, found another penny yesterday on our afternoon walk it actually had a little hole in it. Roger the omelet was good the cheese would of made it better but I didn't want to off plan that much. It is so windy here not going any where ,tomorrow I am going to Costco for some stuff. take care everyone oh I did walk plus the treadmill for 27 minutes I was surprised we were able to do our hour walk this morning with all the wind
    Hi Irene
    You keep finding money, the one with a hole in in it sounds like it was used as a decoration. If I'm having a Omelet I expect that I will order with cheese and just adjust the rest of the days foods accordingly.

Yesterday I did walk to the post office and as long as the wind was to my side it was tolerable. The problem became when I tried to continue where I was facing into the wind, I ended up reversing direction so that the wind was at my back and finished all my walking where I had the wind to one side.

I went to CostCo last week, While I was there I ordered the Sausage Sandwich and should have ordered more to go in the freezer. It was a nice size Italian sausage with Peppers and Onion on a sub roll, The Bread was discarded and I used the Sausage as a protein.

I am so tempted to go back for more in the near future, OTOH I have a sort of overstock on proteins to be cooked and used so I need to take that into consideration.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Windy as heck here too...things were blowing and creaking all night, but sunny. :)
    Good to get your bloodwork done early, Jo. Be careful in the messy weather.
    Good for walking in the wind, Irene. I found 7 cents yesterday in the Walmart parking lot. That's the first found money for me this year. :wink:
    Roger, good that you got your computer cleaned up. I hate when that happens. I have Norton running on mine. It comes with our Xfinity connection. I'm usually pretty careful about where I go on the web.
    No special plans for today other than an acupuncture appt this afternoon.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    When I was walking this morning I saw some Potted trees in large pots that had been blown over, Metal mesh outdoor furniture moved around. That was at a Pizza place I passed so I know it was windy. They were showing wind gusts in part of NJ in the upper 50s to low 60s.

Seven cents is a good find, My brother thinks that parking lots are prime areas for finding money since the money can fall when they are pulling out car keys. I will admit I find 1/2 of what I find in parking lots or on the sidewalk in front of stores.

I'm pretty careful to, I spent years at work cleaning up customers computers that had a Virus so I know to be careful. The Scam popped up from a site that I had used for a long time and was safe the day before.

The Acupuncture does seem help You, I just have trouble with the concept of being poked with needles :blush:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Haha...I barely feel the needles! I think it helps me. My husband didn't think it was doing much for him when he tried it, and my daughter didn't like it at all (because of the needles and the idea of being poked). So, everyone is different.
    Off to stained glass and clay workgroup today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, We had a nice walk this morning not so windy. I also did 28 minutes on the treadmill need to get my weight loss going again. Roger the things the insurance wants me to try before the MRI ice wraps, medication injections into my joints oh and home work out program for 6 weeks the injection thing bothers me the most how do they even know without pictures if this is what I need oh well hopefully when I go back the DR has some answers. Jo if it is still icy there be care full hi vix how's the baby