Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning, well the storm started out as rain then snow it was bad at first. George got called into work (he is it of the police dept) so if the computers go down and most of the time he can fix it here at home but last night he had to go in. The roads were all icy then but he said on the way back the roads were ok but now is everything is clear and the sun is shinny. vix your grandson is so cute love the little smile. I can understand your daughter wanting to do it herself . Annie and I went for a late walk this morning it was nice and it is like 35 degrees outside. Roger sorry you had to shovel so far this year we haven't had to shovel which is good. Jo good luck at the eye dr
    Hi Irene
    According to my brother the snow started as rain, I do not look out the window as often as he does so I had not noticed. I'm glad he was able to get there safely and I am guessing the fix was not real hard once he was there.

Here the streets and sidewalks have small chunks of snow that fell off of wires and trees, not enough to do more that crunch underfoot.

Yesterday once the snow stopped turned into a really nice day, Now Just darned cold again, I had hoped we were through with the cold like this after the last one.

Time to change the clocks Sunday again. I would be just as happy if we had year round daylight savings time or they cancelled it.

Good for You not having to shovel at all, I wish I could say that.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, yes Roger it is cold outside it is like 19 degrees we are back to winter. Going to get my taxes done today wish me luck. We are going up to PA on Sunday and Monday my poor brother in law is having a hard time. hi jo and vix
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Cold here too...about 21 right now, up to 34 today and cold for the next few days, teens at night. brrrrrr.
    Good luck with your taxes, Irene. And safe travels Sunday and Monday.
    Roger, I used to enjoy shoveling snow, but not so much anymore unless it's really light.
    Hi Jo, hope the eye Dr. visit went well and that the snow wasn't too bad.
    Stained glass was cancelled for today, both teachers are away. But I'll go up for the clay workgroup for a couple of hours.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    The latest humor is already posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was in the teens. There was supposed to be a bitter wind chill today, I got lucky and was out and back before the wind moved in.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190303155111-1bfjg
    Northwestern Neuroscientist Researching Brain Chips To Make People Superintelligent

https://www.fastcompany.com/90314763/now-facebook-is-allowing-anyone-to-look-you-up-using-your-security-phone-number
    Now Facebook is allowing anyone to look you up using your security phone number

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/04/google-found-its-underpaying-some-men-as-it-studies-wage-equity.html
    Google found it was underpaying more men than women for similar jobs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/26/fcc-warns-phone-providers-to-help-stop-robocalls-or-face-regulations.html?recirc=taboolainternal
    Robocalls are rampant despite the Do Not Call list — FCC urges phone providers to help stop them

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/rich-people-find-it-hard-to-flee-states-targeted-by-salt-limits#gs.Mz107PXl
    High-Tax States Make It Hard for the Rich to Leave

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    good morning, yes Roger it is cold outside it is like 19 degrees we are back to winter. Going to get my taxes done today wish me luck. We are going up to PA on Sunday and Monday my poor brother in law is having a hard time. hi jo and vix
    Hello Irene
    Today is not really better, OTOH the wind chills were not present since the wind has not arrived yet so it could be worse.

I hope Your taxes go smoothly, Mine are so simple that I did them early, The Check came and has been run through the bank already. Hopefully You get a lot of money back.

I am not surprised that You Brother In Law is struggling, I hope the weather I saw in the forecast was an error and You have a Safe trip.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Cold here too...about 21 right now, up to 34 today and cold for the next few days, teens at night. brrrrrr.
    Good luck with your taxes, Irene. And safe travels Sunday and Monday.
    Roger, I used to enjoy shoveling snow, but not so much anymore unless it's really light.
    Hi Jo, hope the eye Dr. visit went well and that the snow wasn't too bad.
    Stained glass was cancelled for today, both teachers are away. But I'll go up for the clay workgroup for a couple of hours.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    You have been dropped into the freezer too I see, Not great weather right now especially since Spring arrives this month on the 20th. I felt cold last night and ended up getting a blanket to add to my bedding :(

What a shame only one of the two classes for Tuesday. It is what it is.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow it did get a lot colder this morning 19 with wind come on spring! Well we made registration to stay in a hotel Radisson it use to be a railroad station. We always talked about staying there. George surprised me with it he felt since it was going to be a hard time. Since Annie will be with us I will be spending the day with my sisters. I will let you all know about it .well today is ash Wednesday and when we go to the hospital I will be giving ashes never did it before so I am getting out of my comport zone. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It was 16 when I got up, but up to 19 degrees now. Expecting a partly cloudy day with a high of 27...brrrrrrr again. Looks like they're calling for snow on Friday, but not much accumulation.
    Irene, the hotel sounds interesting, hope it will help you relax. I'm sure you'll do fine with the ashes today.
    Roger, I worked on making another bird feeder, one of our old ones broke, and I practiced a little on the wheel....I've gotten worse at that! Good that you got out before the wind picked up. We get our taxes done early too. My husband uses one of the programs.
    Hi Jo, I guess it's freezing up there too!
    No schedule for today, will probably see my daughter and grandson this afternoon. Need to do some exercise this morning.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    My eye appt. was not cancelled, we are hardy up here in New England. ;)
    I am just on the border of glaucoma, so I have to go back in 6 months to get retested.
    I have good peripheral vision, but my pressure is borderline. They have a new procedure called cold laser that will help drain the eye and reduce the pressure. The other alternative is drops in the eyes for the rest of your life.
    We got 14 inches of snow according to my trusty yard stick. Now it is very cold and will be for the next few days.
    After work today I am going to get my hair cut and colored. It will be a long day.
    Have a good day and stay warm! :)
  • RogerToo
    Ok, I just Posted more humor :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 18 degrees. The Weather is forecast to be above freezing starting Friday for a few days with Rain in the future forecast and the possibility of flurries today and more for tomorrow.
    It is somewhat bitter outside this morning, Even with the heated Mittens My fingers were starting to get cold by the end of my walking.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/05/median-1-bedroom-rent-sf-3690-month-zumper/
    Median 1-Bedroom Rent In San Francisco Soars To Nearly $3,700 A Month

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/03/05/civil-war-buildings-found-under-alcatraz/
    Civil War-Era Buildings, Tunnel Found Under Alcatraz Prison Yard

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/u-s-credit-card-debt-closed-2018-at-a-record-870-billion#gs.0GRC6wnv
    U.S. Credit Card Debt Closed 2018 at a Record $870 Billion

https://www.officer.com/command-hq/news/21070781/kentucky-sheriff-struggles-to-provide-law-and-order-as-county-struggles-with-money
    Kentucky Sheriff Struggles to Provide Law and Order as County Struggles With Money

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/03/05/cat-saves-florida-family-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/
    Cat Saves Florida Family From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/03/china-has-stopped-accepting-our-trash/584131/
    Is This the End of Recycling?
    Americans are consuming more and more stuff. Now that other countries won’t take our papers and plastics, they’re ending up in the trash.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, on our walk it was 16 way to cold but not much wind, but we did find a penny. I have my drs appointment today hopefully she can help with the pain. As far as our taxes we owe which is not a surprise we always pay but that's fine not too much we can do , we could take more out of Georges check but we will pay one way or the other. So Jo are you leaning towards the procedure? hi Vix and Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, wow it did get a lot colder this morning 19 with wind come on spring! Well we made registration to stay in a hotel Radisson it use to be a railroad station. We always talked about staying there. George surprised me with it he felt since it was going to be a hard time. Since Annie will be with us I will be spending the day with my sisters. I will let you all know about it .well today is ash Wednesday and when we go to the hospital I will be giving ashes never did it before so I am getting out of my comport zone. take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    I agree that this week has not been the most comfortable for walking with the overnight Temps and any breeze making it worse. According to the Calendar, 2 weeks until the official Spring arrives. I hope that the weather can read the calendar :smiley:

I would not have thought that making a cross out of ash on the forehead would be hard for You since You do give Communion.

I know Irene knows this however for Vix and Joanne News 12 is the local Optimum cable only news channel here in NJ. Do they have such a thing in other states ?
    http://newjersey.news12.com/story/40082298/drivethru-ash-wednesday-allows-religious-worship-with-convenience
    good morning, on our walk it was 16 way to cold but not much wind, but we did find a penny. I have my drs appointment today hopefully she can help with the pain. As far as our taxes we owe which is not a surprise we always pay but that's fine not too much we can do , we could take more out of Georges check but we will pay one way or the other. So Jo are you leaning towards the procedure? hi Vix and Roger
    It sounds as if You might have had colder weather than I News12 was showing 18 as were the front porch remote sensors. I did not watch their weather forecast(s) to see what they show for nearby Somerville, The 18 degrees should be what they measured at their studios in Raritan Center. Which have the address of 450 Raritan Center Pkwy Edison NJ 08837

Have You ever been here, Harold's New York Deli - Official Site of harold's ny deli in edison new jersey is not in any way affiliated with harold's deli in any other location. postal address 3050 woodbridge ave, edison, nj 08837
    haroldsfamousdeli.com

We had a Dinner with friends there last year, Huge plates of Foods, Tasty too.

I tend to always letting the IRS use some of my money interest free since I tend to want a refund that I use for Frivolous things. One Year that was how I financed the parts for the computer I built and I am Still using in the basement. Another Year I used it to purchase this All in One computer I use here on the forum. I use it despite extremely limited expandabilty as this bedroom has limited space for one.

Congratulations of finding any money in the weather.
    Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    Good morning.
    It was 16 when I got up, but up to 19 degrees now. Expecting a partly cloudy day with a high of 27...brrrrrrr again. Looks like they're calling for snow on Friday, but not much accumulation.
    Irene, the hotel sounds interesting, hope it will help you relax. I'm sure you'll do fine with the ashes today.
    Roger, I worked on making another bird feeder, one of our old ones broke, and I practiced a little on the wheel....I've gotten worse at that! Good that you got out before the wind picked up. We get our taxes done early too. My husband uses one of the programs.
    Hi Jo, I guess it's freezing up there too!
    No schedule for today, will probably see my daughter and grandson this afternoon. Need to do some exercise this morning.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    With the Sun shining on the windows the front porch reading is now a whopping 23 degrees :smiley:
    Your Forecast sounds similar to ours. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is no snow as my brother will out in Pa. for a seminar in the evening.

What type of design do You use for the bird feeder to keep the tree rats AKA Squirrels from cleaning it out ? Until I put the Audubon design collar on the pole they could clean it out in a day. Which reminds me, I should refill ours later on as it down to 1/4 full.

The last few years ever since the IRS ended Telefile I have been using the free online version of TurboTax. Call me Cheap, Call me Frugal or You can call me Stingy :wink: I'm not interested in paying for something if I can use a freebie :smiley:
    I used Telefile for the 8 years it was available. Much more secure than online or doing it on Your computer.
    I had a customer when I worked in the Computer store that had the bad luck to be hacked and they stole a copy of his return and used the info to steal his identity.

That sounds like a good day to me with nothing that needs doing
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    My eye appt. was not cancelled, we are hardy up here in New England. ;)
    I am just on the border of glaucoma, so I have to go back in 6 months to get retested.
    I have good peripheral vision, but my pressure is borderline. They have a new procedure called cold laser that will help drain the eye and reduce the pressure. The other alternative is drops in the eyes for the rest of your life.
    We got 14 inches of snow according to my trusty yard stick. Now it is very cold and will be for the next few days.
    After work today I am going to get my hair cut and colored. It will be a long day.
    Have a good day and stay warm! :)
    Hello Joanne
    It would seem that Your hardy indeed. My last eye test was OK for Glaucoma and that I am starting to get Cataracts, Not enough to be a problem, in the far Future who knows. I saw a reminder email that It is time for my yearly eye test too. I wonder if that Cold Laser procedure is a permanent fix or if it needs doing periodically ? Drops for life sounds like a real pain in the neck. Ah the Joys of getting older, OTOH it beats the alternative.

Plenty of rock hard snow out there since the snowfall. I suspect it will be gone sometime this weekend as we approach normal temps for the first time this week.

14 inches of snow is more that I want to see or shovel. If I were loaded with money I would have what is the height of snow removal luxury, A heated driveway and Sidewalks :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    24 and cloudy here this a.m., up to 38.
    Jo! That's a lot of snow. I figured you were hardy up there. :wink: I never heard of the procedure, but sounds better than drops forever. (I know they're very expensive). Enjoy your haircut and color. :)
    Good luck with your Dr. appt, Irene.
    Roger, I use a simple design...luckily we don't have many squirrels here. Squirrels would most likely tip the feeders I put in the trees. They're basically a shallow bowl, with a cone in the middle and a rope up through the cone to hold them up.
    Off to painting class this a.m., and I'll stop at the library, spend some time with my daughter and grandson this afternoon. :)
    Happy Thursday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    I already posted some humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 22 degrees. The Weather is forecast to have a high above freezing for a few days with Rain in the future forecast and the possibility of flurries today.

When I was walking today I noticed that most of the roads had been brined, Does our town know something that was not showing in yesterdays forecast or are they being over cautious.

Interesting even if it isn't in English
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q="the+science+of+stupid"+Youtube+cats&view=detail&mid=1525CA82FEE84D1C5EEC1525CA82FEE84D1C5EEC&FORM=VIRE

https://www.yahoo.com/news/einstein-puzzle-solved-missing-page-emerges-trove-145841171.html
    Einstein 'puzzle' solved as missing page emerges in new trove

https://apnews.com/f6f6f1fda6a44d9ebce3047bc50b10f3
    Dinosaur tracks make fresh impression at Valley Forge park

https://apnews.com/197d0aca696f403ca1c18f697ec89806
    Dollar Tree to close up to 390 Family Dollar stores

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/06/whole-foods-amazon-cuts-minimum-wage-workers-hours-changes
    Whole Foods cuts workers' hours after Amazon introduces minimum wage
    An email shared with the Guardian by a Whole Foods employee cites the shift cuts as a ‘direct result of guidance from our regional team’

https://pjmedia.com/michaelwalsh/somali-gangs-battle-in-minneapolis-somalis-demand-that-cops-do-something/
    Somali Gangs Battle in Minneapolis; Somalis Demand That Cops Do Something

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    24 and cloudy here this a.m., up to 38.
    Jo! That's a lot of snow. I figured you were hardy up there. :wink: I never heard of the procedure, but sounds better than drops forever. (I know they're very expensive). Enjoy your haircut and color. :)
    Good luck with your Dr. appt, Irene.
    Roger, I use a simple design...luckily we don't have many squirrels here. Squirrels would most likely tip the feeders I put in the trees. They're basically a shallow bowl, with a cone in the middle and a rope up through the cone to hold them up.
    Off to painting class this a.m., and I'll stop at the library, spend some time with my daughter and grandson this afternoon. :)
    Happy Thursday, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    At least warmer weather is coming. Hardy is relative, compared to Joanne I am not that hardy OTOH compared to someone in Florida...

Drops forever does not sound good to me either.
    Lucky You we seem to have an overabundance of Squirrels, I see them grubbing around in the lawn daily going after the Birdseed the birds scatter when eating. They compete with the Doves which I see daily too. Interesting design, since we have no trees in the yard the bird feeders, one for seeds and one suet block hang on the metal gizmo that the hanging plants hang on in the summer. To keep them from being eaten in one day I had to but a collar for the pole, Oh well.

I hope You enjoyed the day and have a good Day today.
    Roger

Hi Irene

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, my drs appointment went good all my blood work was good but I will be seeing an ortho dr and physical therapy .I have an appointment for physical therapy on Tuesday. I just need my arm not to hurt she did give me pills for muscle spasms not sure if I will take them my arm doesn't hurt all the time. Roger I was a little concerened about the right saying you say as you put the ashes on there forehead but I was fine . HI jo and vix
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's 30 degrees now, with an expected high of 37...snow later, accumulations about an inch. Very overcast, no sun. Supposed to warm up over the weekend.
    Glad your appt went well, Irene. Physical therapy is good.
    Roger, this is the first year I've seen squirrels in the yard at this house (been here 5 years). There were 2 small squirrels out there...we basically have to go outside and yell at them to get them to leave. But I think so far, the birds are holding their own. ;)
    Jo, one eye visit, my Dr. told me I had pre-glaucoma conditions and had to go back after 6 months...at which point he told me it was stable and just to come for the regular yearly checks. So, I hope yours is stable too.
    Time seems to be going so fast...it's Friday already!
    Have a happy day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Humor was just Posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 34 degrees. The Flurries that were in the forecast for Friday Evening never happened.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/article226979424.html
    Paving paradise: Another Miami park gets the concrete treatment

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/mar/07/food-tech-the-march-of-the-robots-reaches-the-kitchen
    Restaurants are now employing robots – should chefs be worried?
    From burger-flipping robots to android waiters, automated systems that can cook and serve are no longer the preserve of sci-fi

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/2019/03/06/86-mph-limit-just-one-the10-fastest-speeding-tickets-dallas-fort-worth
    86 mph over the limit — just one of the 10 fastest speeding tickets in Dallas-Fort Worth

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/An-experimental-Swedish-art-project-will-pay-you-13670047.php
    An experimental Swedish art project will pay you to do nothing for the rest of your life

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/grocery-store-worst-reputation-america-035713228.html
    The Grocery Store with the Worst Reputation in America

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger