Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning, just got back from our walk it was really windy . Yesterday was nice it was in the 70s . Tonight we are going out to dinner it is at the church to help support the children's groups take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Saturday it was OK when I started out and as I was walking the wind kept getting faster and the wind chill was worse. When I started out what I was wearing was comfortable, by the end as I approached the house I was feeling the chill :(

Is it a Corned Beef and Cabbage with Boiled Potatoes Dinner ?

Looking at the ShopRite circular I see a Coupon for a Corned Beef at $1.88 a pound and 1 pound Butter for $2.49. Not to mention a 12 Ounce Jimmy Dean Bacon for $1.99

Happy St Patrick's Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    I'm losing track of time. Yesterday went for a walk in the park, it was beautiful out.
    Then spent time with my daughter and grandson.
    Today, went to an equipment auction with my son at one of the county fairgrounds...just walked around, didn't buy anything. Going to my daughter's again.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Was it windy when You walked in the park ? Here the Sun played peek a boo with us.

Equipment Auction, Hmm... Farming equipment comes to mind at a county fairgrounds :smiley:

Something I saw on the Cable News Channel this morning.
    https://www.nj.com/business/2019/03/3-used-cars-at-this-nj-dealer-will-be-on-sale-this-weekend-way-on-sale-like-1-each.html
    3 used cars at this N.J. dealer will be on sale this weekend. WAY on sale. Like, $1 each.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    We went out to an MG club dinner last. It was fun and the food was good. I was actually under my calorie goal.
    Today is grocery shopping and laundry. Hubby is putting new front brakes in my daughter's car. It is handy having someone who is mechanical and it will cost her a fraction of the price it would at the dealer.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)
    Hello Joanne
    Someone is up early this morning.

I meant to ask yesterday and it slipped my mind :(
    What was wrong with the corned beef dinner ? How the heck do You ruin Corned Beef unless You burn it and try to salvage the unburned portion ?

Sounds like a busy enough day for both of You. I used to do my own brakes in years past too. it can take a while to have Rotors turned or spend a bit more and buy new rotors when You buy the pads.

Thanks, You have a Happy St. Patrick's Day too
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning.
    Chilly again here...31, with a high of 49 for today, mostly sunny. (no precipitation in the forecast for this week).
    Jo, sounds like fun. Good to have someone handy around. My son likes to work on cars or just about anything, and he just rerouted the air vent from his dryer to put it in the wall. Hubby did a lot of work on our old house. Now he kind of wants to build a shed.
    Roger, the equipment auction did have a lot of farm equipment, also home appliances, and lots of basic tools. It was very cold and windy walking around outside. It was interesting though. They had about 5 or 6 auctioneers working in different areas, going from lot to lot auctioning things off. Nice hat! ;)
    Irene, hope you enjoyed the dinner.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    hi all the dinner was nice we enjoyed sitting and talking with friends . Roger they had all kinds of food even pasta and shepherd's pie plus cabbage and corned beef and ham plus a lot of other food they did have Irish soda bread really enjoyed everything.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had a nice walk this morning it was a little chilly but no wind . Today I go to the Orthopaedic dr today. hope he can fix my shoulder/arm. take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    Humor is now posted, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was showing 32 degrees. The time and temperature sign I passed showed 25 which I suspect was more accurate based on how it felt while walking.
    I guess I could call yesterday's weather forecast accurate where they said a few flakes could fall today and sure enough I saw a few stray flakes while walking.

I saw 5 deer trotting down the road near the start of my walk and while I was sitting in the living room I saw a different 5 deer in the front yard nibbling on my lawn.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/16/robocalls-about-your-bills-can-pour-in-every-day-all-day.html
    Robocalls about your bills can pour in every day, all day

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/03/15/solomoon-a-new-trend-where-newlyweds-spend-their-honeymoon-away-from-each-other/
    Solomoon: A New Trend Where Newlyweds Spend Their Honeymoon Away From Each Other

I thought was a design feature ?
    http://news.trust.org/item/20190316134851-5cktc
    Apple Watch detects irregular heart beat in large U.S. study

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/woman-sucked-into-parents-grave-suing-long-island-cemetery/
    Woman ‘sucked into parents’ grave’ suing Long Island cemetery

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/newark-universal-basic-income
    Newark's mayor exploring universal basic income program

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Chilly again here...31, with a high of 49 for today, mostly sunny. (no precipitation in the forecast for this week).
    Jo, sounds like fun. Good to have someone handy around. My son likes to work on cars or just about anything, and he just rerouted the air vent from his dryer to put it in the wall. Hubby did a lot of work on our old house. Now he kind of wants to build a shed.
    Roger, the equipment auction did have a lot of farm equipment, also home appliances, and lots of basic tools. It was very cold and windy walking around outside. It was interesting though. They had about 5 or 6 auctioneers working in different areas, going from lot to lot auctioning things off. Nice hat! ;)
    Irene, hope you enjoyed the dinner.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You are also running below normal temperatures too.

Interesting, I have to wonder where the dryer vent was running.

I find that we get a lot of use out of our shed in the backyard.

Auctioneers can be interesting, The thing to keep in mind is that they are not Your friend, their job is to get the price as high as possible both for the owner of what they auction off and that also increases their commission :smiley: Cold or windy I do not mind, together I hate them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all the dinner was nice we enjoyed sitting and talking with friends . Roger they had all kinds of food even pasta and shepherd's pie plus cabbage and corned beef and ham plus a lot of other food they did have Irish soda bread really enjoyed everything.
    Hi Irene
    The meal Sunday was good, I did overeat from the St. Patrick's day meal. Way to much Corned Beef, Cabbage, three small potatoes and for the Coup De Grace a roll my brother picked up fresh at the grocery store that I cut in half, smeared with butter and doused with homemade gravy. The scale told me I overdid it and indicated that I was up a pound. I suspect that a lot of that is water weight from the Potatoes and Bread + Gravy and I should be OK in a day or two and be where I weighed Sunday Morning.

According to my brother the ShopRite Hot foods section had Corned Beef and Cabbage, Not a surprise to me, However at the price per pound they charge, no bargain either.

Strangely enough I have never had shepherds pie, FWIW I understand that to be a real Shepherds Pie the meat has to be lamb and if the meat is beef than it is a Cottage Pie.

We did not have Irish Soda Bread, instead my brother brought home four smallish rolls from the in-store bakery. I did find a Vacuum sealed slice of Irish Soda Bread in the freezer from last year, I may Toast that and have it with the Left over Corned Beef & Cabbage for my lunch.

We are already over half way to earning the free Ham from the ShopRite :smiley:
    good morning, we had a nice walk this morning it was a little chilly but no wind . Today I go to the Orthopaedic dr today. hope he can fix my shoulder/arm. take care everyone
    It was not bad and I agree so much nicer without the wind.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Good luck with the orthopedist, Irene.
    Roger, the dryer vent went from the back of the dryer and up to the ceiling all out in the open.
    Much better now! My husband built a huge shed at our old house. It was great. We have a much smaller yard now, and not sure how it would fit, would have to be a small shed, and meet with home association rules.
    Hi Jo!
    We didn't do anything special for St. Pat's day. Finally starting to corral my diet, getting portion sizes down and cutting out snacks. Figuring out what to try next.
    I have a massage this morning. Hopefully will have some family time in the afternoon.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    More humor is already posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was showing 34 degrees. There was a bright white orb in the sky lighting my way this morning. With that for much of my walk I was casting two shadows, one from the streetlights and a second equally distinct from the Moonlight.

The Scale looked favorably at me this morning and told me that I was a 1/4 pound under where I was Sunday Morning before overeating the St. Patty's Day foods :smiley:

Yesterday my brother baked some discounted Sausage from his Sunday trip to the market so I stuck in a baking pan with the bacon I had in the fridge. Or to put it another way, why run the oven twice when You can get double duty out of one bake. So now I have precooked bacon I can use to spiff up the NS Chicken sandwich and the NS Hamburger and to add a little to the NS Pizzas. I was afraid that the nice Bacon sandwich I made with some of it along with Slice of 40 calorie bread that I used to soak up the drippings would impact my weight, Evidently the alterations I made to my days foods compensated for that.

https://news.grabien.com/story-young-americans-hilariously-explain-why-lowering-voting-age
    Young Americans Hilariously Explain Why Lowering the Voting Age to 16 Is a Terrible Idea

If You get the idea I think people over react You are right.
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/16/popping-balloons-active-shooter-michigan-campus/
    Report: Popping Balloons May Have Triggered Active Shooter Warning That Cleared Michigan Campus

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8647084/iphone-11-features-foldable-screen-triple-camera-fart-sensor/
    LOOK INTO THE FUTURE Foldable screen, triple camera and a FART sensor – the weirdest tech Apple’s iPhone 11 could feature
    Would any of these features make you want an iPhone?
    We've tracked down some of the wackiest features that could make it into the 2019 iPhone – although we wouldn't count on it.

I feel Sorry for them TBH
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8656992/mum-gives-birth-6-babies/
    IX babies in just nine minutes defying one in 4.7 billion odds
    Thelma Chiaka from Houston, Texas gave birth to six children in less time than it takes to drink a cup of tea

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Good luck with the orthopedist, Irene.
    Roger, the dryer vent went from the back of the dryer and up to the ceiling all out in the open.
    Much better now! My husband built a huge shed at our old house. It was great. We have a much smaller yard now, and not sure how it would fit, would have to be a small shed, and meet with home association rules.
    Hi Jo!
    We didn't do anything special for St. Pat's day. Finally starting to corral my diet, getting portion sizes down and cutting out snacks. Figuring out what to try next.
    I have a massage this morning. Hopefully will have some family time in the afternoon.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I had wondered if that was the case, IMO the shorter and more direct a dryer vent run is the better, Dryer lint is flammable as understand it.

I have heard that some HOA's rules can be capricious and that the interpretations is up to the members. I recollect hearing about one where they required the living room to be painted in specific colors since the walls could be seen through the picture window, Way over the top IMO. Good Luck with the Homeowners Association.

It would appear that I survived the St. Patty's Day food intact, I was up yesterday and back down today to below that morning so I am happy.

I'm sure my brothers weight loss would be better if he did what You are doing and reduced what he eats. I have at least one NS snack each morning before walking so I am not running on empty and so I am not putting coffee into a empty stomach.

I hope Your day went as planned
    Roger

Hi Irene

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, great walk this morning. It was like 27 no wind. The Dr visit was fine it is my rotator cuff .He gave me a cortisone shot it does feel a little better he did tell me it can take up to 2-3 days before it feels better. Tomorrow I start physical therapy hope it helps. Today I am going shopping with my friend who lives across the street I know we are going to Costco and bj's not sure if we are going any where else. vix hope your massage was good . Roger I never saw any flakes of snow. hi jo
  • eku0
    Hi all...
    Stained glass, clay, and baby time for me today. Nice day.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was showing 33 degrees. Rain in the forecast for Thursday :(

Yesterday we drove over to a new Grocery store that just opened in the area, We found out when a circular for them appeared in the Weekly Circular delivery arrived in the mail.
    Some prices were good and some not. An example of what my brother thought was a good price was Chicken Leg & Thigh Quarters for $0.27 a pound in bulk. Myself I do not shop enough to know a good price when I see it. They appear to have just opened and had not even finished filling the shelves. One interesting thing is that the store is a combined Grocery Store and a True Value Hardware store that use the same set of registers.

He's thinking of running for President ? Why ?
    https://nypost.com/2019/03/17/de-blasio-speaks-to-crowd-of-only-20-people-in-new-hampshire/
    De Blasio speaks to crowd of only 20 people in New Hampshire
    Only 20 people showed up Sunday to hear the leader of America’s largest city hold a roundtable on mental health — including the 14 people on the panel and just six in the audience.

New York City Mayor's pandering to special interests again, The article is a interesting read OTOH
    https://nypost.com/2019/03/18/meatless-mondays-dont-fight-climate-change-or-boost-kids-health/
    ‘Meatless Mondays’ don’t fight climate change or boost kids’ health

https://nypost.com/2019/03/08/lab-meat-closer-to-supermarkets-as-us-regulators-outline-oversight/
    Lab meat’ closer to supermarkets as US regulators outline oversight

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/americans-feel-guilty-about-almost-a-third-of-the-food-they-eat/
    Americans feel guilty about almost a third of the food they eat

How Fragile are they
    https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-millennials-life-more-stressful-than-ever-before/
    Stress Mess: 3 In 5 Millennials Say Life More Stressful Now Than Ever Before
    From slow WiFi to broken phone screens to zero “likes” on social media, everyday stressors are causing young adults to have struggles falling asleep 138 nights each year, researchers say.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    good morning, great walk this morning. It was like 27 no wind. The Dr visit was fine it is my rotator cuff .He gave me a cortisone shot it does feel a little better he did tell me it can take up to 2-3 days before it feels better. Tomorrow I start physical therapy hope it helps. Today I am going shopping with my friend who lives across the street I know we are going to Costco and bj's not sure if we are going any where else. vix hope your massage was good . Roger I never saw any flakes of snow. hi jo
    Hello Irene
    Agreed, the walking has been fine so far this week, I am not looking forward to tomorrow OTOH unless the forecast weather changes in today's forecast.

I had wondered if the Rotator Cuff could be the problem, I hope that the Cortisone and the Physical Therapy both help.

I was in a BJ's years ago and it seemed dark and dingy compared to CostCo. I'm interested in hearing how they compare from You since You will be visiting both the same day. I have occasionally been tempted to go again to BJ's when they mail out a 30 day free trial but have so far resisted. I find that CostCo is well lit, Clean and has helpful staff.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi all...
    Stained glass, clay, and baby time for me today. Nice day.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    That sounds like a busy and enjoyable day.

Thank You I intend to have as good an evening as I can

Have a Good Day today
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Roger the BJ's that I was in was very clean the store manager was my manager when I worked for Target and I know how he is almost OCD he was all about clean and neat even in the stock room but I really liked him . I did join BJ's there is another one in Hamilton that I will visit I will let know. I also went to Costco and got my ns gift cards which is always a plus I find I really like there fruits . Also there clothing is really nice good quality. We had a nice walk this morning it was like 31 . Aw vix you are so enjoying the baby that is so nice. Hi jo! HAPPY SPRING
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Our crocuses and a few daffodils are blooming!
    happyspring3.jpg
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Happy spring!
    I went to Costco and got my ID card. I didn't need to buy anything, so I didn't tour the store.
    Hubby and I will probably do that this weekend.
    Vix-I would say that is a fabulous day. :)
    Irene-I hope the injection is helping.
    Roger-To answer your question about the corned beef. It was mostly fat and the veggies were very oily.
    That is an interesting combination for a store...pick up a loaf of bread and buy a hammer. ;)
    The weather has been getting warmer and almost all the snow is gone.
    Have a good evening. :)