Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    edited December 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It should be partly sunny today, with cooling temperatures. Today or tomorrow I need to get to PetSmart to buy cat food.

We have a new, fun shape, finally, in the cat treat Advent calendar. These are rather large and I will need to break them up.

4gcbeb9qek1o.png

And my Advent calendar wine and cheese for day 7, December 7, are Rosé with mustard Gouda.

y79v8cym86ha.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well Sammie has decided to take stuff off of our Christmas tree so i had to take everything off of the lower branches .Not sure how long after Christmas we will keep up our tree. Happy anniversary Vix
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Irene. I guess Sammie is finding Christmas toys. I guess that's dangerous, good that you've removed the ones from the lower branches.
    Ed, your wine and cheese seems like so much fun.
    I'm looking forward to our chef tonight!
    I need to go to the library this morning and stop by the PO for stamps.
    It's currently 30 degrees and mostly cloudy with a high of 40 expected today. Glad we've got our fireplace if we want to get cozy.
    Hi to Jo and Jan.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Well, I got all the cat food and supplies, and $145 plus some change later we are set for the rest of the year, since I do this monthly now.

While I was right there near Publix I slipped in and bought a few groceries that were tending low, though nothing was on the critical list. That was just $26 and change.

Then came home, and put the refrigerated groceries away but left the rest for a bit later, as J was ready to walk and I try to go along as it encourages the walking for both of us. I let J lead as I would set too fast a pace.

I got everything put away, and got lunch for both of us, and now I am setting things out to remind me to get on with fixing dinner after (hopefully) a nap. Some of it is pre-made, and some isn't, but it should all be good. J's vegetarian dinner tonight will be totally separate from mine since I got the extra chunk of seasoned, roasted turkey breast out of the deep freeze yesterday and will be preparing it, along with some home made cornbread dressing, and a green bean casserole. The Trader Joe's cornbread dressing I made for Thanksgiving was not BAD, but it needed a lot of help and still did not get close to meeting my standards for cornbread stuffing, so I am sort of having a do-over.

Only this time without the ham, mashed potatoes, French peas, deviled eggs, and desserts. And having the green bean casserole as a green vegetable, since I am not doing French peas again, probably, until next Thanksgiving, though I could. It makes a large dish, and J doesn't care for it, so I have to eat it all. This do-over is just the main Thanksgiving for me. Turkey, dressing, gravy, and a green vegetable.

J doesn't care much for the green bean casserole either, so I bought a small, pre-made one I just have to bake it, and it has some chicken in there somewhere, so I will have to eat all of that too, but it's not that much so it won't be a problem.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Happy Anniversary Vix and Pete! May you have many more! :)<3
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's 30 degrees out there now, with an expected high only in the mid 40s. It should be a sunny day all day.

I have to pick up the next bag of fluid for Lilo's treatments, along with the tubing and needles for administration of the fluid. I may clean a bathroom. I say may...

Day 8's Advent calendar wine and cheese are Merlot and Red Leceister.

As it turns out, I accidentally opened and ate day 8 on the cheese yesterday, in an oops or senior moment, so I am having day 7 on the cheese today.

It's all in fun and it's all good. Yesterday's mustard Gouda, that should have been today, was fine with yesterday's Rosé. And I am sure this Red Leceister cheese will be fine with today's Merlot.

For those who don't speak the Queen's English, it's pronounced Red LESTER, like "Cousin Lester lives down the road where the old red barn used to be, just past where the big willow tree sits by the crick."

ps5uikkd5uuv.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Thanks, Jo! It was a nice celebration. My daughter and family stopped by before dinner to wish us a happy anniversary and brought us a pair of pretty swirly blue stemless wineglasses, that say "Cheers to 45 years!" The chef was wonderful, and the dinner amazingly delicious.
    Eduardo...here's the menu:
    Mezzo Platter: hummus, tapenade, dolmades, warm pita, olives
    Bite of Beef on Frite with Shallot Jam paired with Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Spoon
    Field Greens, Cucumber, Tomato, shaved parmesan, Cranberries and poached pear
    Butter nut squash ravioli with Chicken Sage Sausage Cream Sauce
    Sea bass with Lobster Tail with Brown Butter
    Warm chocolate lava, grand marnier cream and tri berry coulis
    All very yummy, and yes there are leftovers. :smiley:
    She also brought a bottle of Malbec ( which is one I like) and some flowers.
    I have a telemed appt with my dietitian at 11 today, I could have timed that better...haha, not after a decadent meal!
    It's sunny here and 33, with an expected high of 43 today.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    J decided we needed to make old fashioned cooked fudge. And we made the cocoa powder too, starting from some cocoa pods.

J did most of the work.

z6ojisjq0gh9.png
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-You menu sounds so good.
    Ed-Yum on the fudge.
    I had my laser eye surgery yesterday. It went much better than last time. I didn't get the headache that I had last time. He used a different kind of drops. My eye pressure was 20 before the procedure and 15 after. I am praying that it works this time. I have to put drops in my eyes 4 times a day for4 days. I go back for a recheck in Jan.
    Today I am off from work, so I am making lamb shanks for dinner with bok choy and scalloped potatoes.
    Have a pleasant day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's another clear, cold morning here in Peachtree Corners, but is supposed to warm up to 57 this afternoon.

I don't have anything pressing today. I woke up early, and decided to just get on up so now I have extra quiet time before J gets up.

Dinah was helping me make my pot of tea this morning, in her own feline way. As I was opening one wrapped teabag, I laid another one briefly on the counter and it INSTANTLY fell to the floor. Dinah had pushed it off almost as quickly as I had released it from my hand. Then she proceeded to bat at the paper tag dangling from the teabag I had unwrapped, as I prepared to place it. She was obviously in a very helpful, playful mood.

eku0 wrote: »

Eduardo...here's the menu:
    Mezzo Platter: hummus, tapenade, dolmades, warm pita, olives
    Bite of Beef on Frite with Shallot Jam paired with Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Spoon
    Field Greens, Cucumber, Tomato, shaved parmesan, Cranberries and poached pear
    Butter nut squash ravioli with Chicken Sage Sausage Cream Sauce
    Sea bass with Lobster Tail with Brown Butter
    Warm chocolate lava, grand marnier cream and tri berry coulis
    All very yummy, and yes there are leftovers. :smiley:
    She also brought a bottle of Malbec ( which is one I like) and some flowers.

Wow! That is quite an ambitious meal! Eduardo is exhausted just thinking about trying to prepare all of that, but a good deal of it sounds familiar. I have not actually made all of those things from scratch. I have, however, eaten most of the components, though more separately, and not all in one glorious meal!

Malbec is among my favorite red wines. I try to always have some on hand for when I want it, but tend to run out because it is among my favorites. LOL.

Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;

Ed-Yum on the fudge.

Today I am off from work, so I am making lamb shanks for dinner with bok choy and scalloped potatoes.
    Have a pleasant day! :)

I LOVE lamb shanks. Are you braising them? That meal sound delicious. I plan to make scalloped potatoes (or au gratin) for Christmas to go with my ham. I should make a calendar entry to remind myself to take that ham out of the deep freeze two or three days before Christmas.

The Advent calendars for day 9 include a white wine blend and Gouda with herbs. I presume the herbs are all legal. LOL.

ccpuljhx5fus.png

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, yummy looking fudge. I love that you have wine and cheese pairings every day. :smiley:
    Dinah sounds very playful this morning.
    Jo, glad you are through your surgery and feel better than last time. Wishing you a swift and successful recovery. Your dinner sounds devine!
    Our anniversary meal was wonderful, everything delicious, and a great celebration It was fun to get dressed up and eat in the dining room with flowers and candles on the table. It was very special.
    I had a telemed appt with my dietitian yesterday, so back on the diet train today.
    It's cold again, possible rain this a.m. 33 with a high of 46 expected.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We are still on a warming trend here, so I was able to slip out to Kroger early this morning in the dark, without needing to defrost.

There was almost no one there, and I scanned my own items, as they didn't even have the regular cashiers on duty yet, just the U-Scan and one employee half-heartedly watching that. By 6:45 all the groceries were put away put away at home and I was making my pot of tea, and starting breakfast.

It should be clear and sunny today, all day. I may do a bit of house cleaning.

Day 10 in the Advent calendars has Cabernet Sauvignon and Aged Cheddar.

rot4114knu3t.png

• parityanimal
    Thursday dinner was an easy peasy dish that has leftovers for several more meals.

Chicken and noodles. I had to stifle Eduardo to keep it from getting too ... interesting. LOL.

ikv7e34ooz2m.png
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Hanukkah!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It looks like it will be another warm December day here in my part of Georgia.

I had chicken and noodles for breakfast. I am enjoying my tea now. As I got up about 5:30, and went to bed about 11:00, I definitely want a nap today. Yesterday's nap was a bit short as Orion woke me for a lot of snuggling and purring before he finally settled down at my feet. And then I stayed up late for a birthday party (online, via ZOOM) of a friend in Seattle. For her the party started at 7:00 but for me it started at 10:00, and by about 11:00 I was too pooped to party, so went on to bed, not having any VitaMeataVegeMin handy. I have no idea how long the others stayed online, but at least I wasn't the only Eastern partier and I wasn't the first to go!

Day 11 in the wine calendar brings Riesling, while the cheese calendar repeats the Red Leceister. I am sure I will enjoy tonight's pre-dinner wine and cheese.

dakpqwwtpio6.png

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Hmmm...my post from yesterday didn't get posted!
    Thanks, Jo!
    Ed, looks delicious as usual....comfort food. :)
    e5r9p7afkqqk.png
    It's sunny to partly cloudy today with a high of 58 expected...nice day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's going to be another warm one here, with a good chance of afternoon and evening showers. Not a lot on the agenda today.

Day 12 in the Advent calendars will give me red wine and green cheese. Cheddar with sage! It sounds interesting. I like Cheddar and I like sage, but have never had them together.

ofkjnf5hry61.png

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Interesting looking cheese, Ed, sounds good.
    It's extremely foggy here this morning, currently 45 degrees, but supposed to go up to 60, and get sunny later. That's great because we're meeting outdoors with the family this afternoon.
  • parityanimal
    Dinner today and lunch tomorrow. One ribeye, grilled medium, split between the plates, with mashed potatoes that I turned into "loaded" potatoes, and steamed California vegetables, with butter sauce.

0qc03g80rkjl.png

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It was foggy yesterday morning and then we had rain in the afternoon. Today the temp should get up into the 60's. We plan to hike this morning at the place we saw the deer.
    I finally found a rug yesterday. I will pick it up on Wednesday. I also made a dinner reservation for Christmas Eve. This will be the third year going here. I still haven't decided on what to have for Christmas day.
    Enjoy your day! :)