Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, sorry about J's exposure. You're actually supposed to wait about 5 days before testing. Hopefully it will still be negative.

Oh, J's exposure wasn't right before coming home. It had been several days, long enough to have started having symptoms if any symptoms were to be had. The concern was about possibly bringing it home to me, not knowing if it was there without any outward symptoms.

I feel pretty good about the situation.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    That's good, Ed. Glad it was negative. 👍
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We currently have -2 (28 F) frosty degrees under clear skies. The expected high is 10 (50 F) under sunny skies with 3% chance of precipitation.

I need to get to the post office today to pick up a package that was held in error. It should have been delivered to me, but the claim is that delivery was attempted (not at my house it wasn't, I was home) and that it was being held at the post office at customer request. Well this customer didn't request that and is annoyed at having to go pick it up.

I guess I will apply that time to part of my lunch break, though I will try to get there at a better time.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning. We did get a dusting of snow yesterday mostly on grass. It is 18 outside pretty cold take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's currently 23F and sunny. A few afternoon clouds expected. High 36F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Some ice on the roads from melting snow yesterday.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We currently have 6 (42 F) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 12 (54 F) and 4% chance of precipitation.

I might get some laundry going today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    House cleaner is coming today. Yay!
    It's currently 30F, overcast, most of the snow has melted. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 44F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Back to the 30s tomorrow. I didn't do much yesterday. May pop out to the library today.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐪
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We currently have 1 degree (33 F) and fog with an expected high of 13 (56 F) under cloudy skies and 86% chance of precipitation.

I do need to get the laundry started today. Nothing else critical on the home front.

• parityanimal
    edited January 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Hope everyone is OK. We have -4 (25 F) fair degrees (feels like -9, 15 F) and we have an expected partly cloudy high of 5 (41 F) under partly cloudy skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to get the laundry folded, but that may not happen until after work. We'll see if any can be accomplished during breaks and such.

• eku0
    edited January 2022
    Good morning.
    Hmmm, my post from yesterday didn't post.
    I went to the dentist yesterday, had to take a load of antibiotics because of the hip surgery, and he ended up putting some up under my gum where one of my teeth tends to get infected. Nice to have my teeth cleaned.
    We got snow overnight, just a few inches. It's pretty. It's currently 24F, sunshine and clouds mixed. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 27F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    Helped hubby push a little snow off the driveway so it can melt, the sun's shining pretty nicely, and I like being outdoors for a few minutes.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday! We currently have -1 (31 F) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 10 (50 F) and 1% chance of precipitation.

I managed to get all the laundry folded yesterday without any help from Dinah, who was napping in the opposite corner of the house. Normally she magically shows up to help.

Nothing critical on the agenda today, so I am planning to take it easy. I might get out for a few groceries.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We got about a foot of snow yesterday. It was light, so easy to shovel. It is 18 degrees right now, possibly getting into the 30's later.
    I decided to give Nutrisystem a try again. I ordered this morning. I need to lose about 25 lbs. I have been yo-yoing up and down 5 lbs. for the last year. Hopefully this will shake my system up and I can keep the weight off.
    Vix-I hope your family is feeling better.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Have a good day. :)

• IreneMurman
    Good morning, Jo I really enjoy the frozen food from Nutrisystem you will see there is a lot of new food good luck . Hi Ed and Vix we did get some snow and it is really cold take care every one
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. Everyone's feeling better. :smiley: We visited our grandchildren yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. <3 Wow! a foot of snow is a lot! Good luck with the NS, I hope that works for you. I gained about 5 pounds over the holidays, so have to get rid of that, and would like to lose about 10 more after that. I've lost some on my own over the past year, so I think I can do that again.
    Ed, good that you got your laundry folded. I did laundry yesterday too. Nice that your weather isn't getting too cold.
    It's currently 23F here, sunny. High near 30F. Winds light and variable. Always seems warmer when it's sunny and there's not much wind.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Stay healthy and warm. 😷⛄❄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 4 cloudy degrees out there with an expected high of 14 under cloudy skies and 96% chance of precipitation.

I need to get my van back to the tire place so they can re-torque the lug nuts after 24 miles or so of driving, and might as well get to PetSmart for some kibble for the girls, and maybe Kroger for a few grocery items. The dishwasher is running now, so I will be putting away clean dishes later too.

• IreneMurman
    Good Sunday morning, I also put on a couple of pounds but they are starting to come off ,I lost 2 pounds so far. take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Congrats on losing 2 pounds, Irene! Yay!
    Colder here, Ed, but warming up a little this afternoon. Icy road warnings til noon.
    Currently 31F, a mix of rain and freezing rain this morning...changing to all rain. High 43F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Any errands out in the world will be put off til afternoon!
    Sipping coffee, washing sheets this a.m. Sky is overcast and not much motivation. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! We have 2 (35 F) clear degrees out there with an expected high of 10 (49 F) under sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front. I went to Kroger yesterday and there were spotty areas of empty shelves. I was able to get everything on the list except Kroger bran flakes. Neither of us really cares much for other brands of bran flakes. But we have other cereal at home to eat so it's not a big deal.

We'll see what hits on the work front today.

• IreneMurman
    GOOD MORNING, it was 34 this morning but really windy we have been doing shorter walks with it being so cold and windy don't want Sammie to get sick besides we have a treadmill we can get out workout in take care everyone and stay warm
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Cold here too.
    Irene, brr, I'm sure Sammie appreciates the shorter walks!
    Ed, funny how we get used to certain brands. I switch or try something different once in a while.
    We're having a terrible virus surge here, way higher numbers than it's ever been, so I guess people are stocking up.
    It's currently 26F here, sunshine and a few clouds. High 31F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. One of our nice spruce trees looks like it's dying. I hope it makes it through the Winter and comes back in the Spring.
    I'm not sure what I want to do today. Don't really feel like going out in the cold and probably don't need to.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one. Stay safe, warm, and healthy. 😷