Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good afternoon, Jo awesome job with loosing 6 pounds congrats! Well I have gotten the cold or virus not sure I do have a sore throat hopefully it doesn't last long take care
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited January 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We currently have -1 (30 F) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 14 (56 F). Should be a lovely afternoon.

Nothing critical on the home front. More testing on the work front, but then that's my job.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited January 2022
    Good morning.
    Irene, take care. I hope you feel better soon.
    Ed, hope you enjoyed your brownie and cookie last night. A bit chillier here than there.
    It's currently 25F, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High near 35F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Winter. Brrr.
    I returned some things to Sierra Trading Post yesterday, so I did get out of the house. May go to the library today or tomorrow. Still feeling tired and achy. Wondering if that's my new normal.
    Monday, already. Wishing everyone a good week. Stay warm and healthy. 😷
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Irene-I hope you feel better soon.
    Ed-your desserts look yummy!
    Vix-Sorry you are still feeling tired and achy.
    We had a dusting of snow last night and are supposed to get 1-2 in. tonight and another storm for Friday into Saturday. I hope the weather people are wrong.
    I was waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours trying to contact the bank. When my call was finally answered my request was handled in under 5 minutes.
    Wishing everyone a good week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We currently have 6 (44 F) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 15 (58 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical for the day. Orion is keeping my lap warm at the moment.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. I hope you don't get a snow storm. Snow showers only expected here Friday afternoon into Saturday morning, not much accumulation showing. It's kind of pretty and not too annoying when it's just a dusting. ;) Wait times are crazy on phone calls to businesses. Glad you got your answer.
    Ed, no precip expected here either. Again, as would be expected, warmer where you are.
    It's currently 34F here, cloudy skies followed by partial clearing later. High 38F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I picked up a couple of books at the library yesterday, and made some spinach lasagna for dinner, light on the pasta, extra spinach. It was good.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. 😷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We have -1 (30 F) clear degrees (feels like -4, 24 F) with an expected high of 12 (54 F) under sunny skies.

Software testing is going well so far this week. It's very interesting to be in right at the start of a project, and testing component pieces while seeing the project built.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, I've worked on projects through the whole lifecycle. It is interesting.
    It's currently 16F here (-8.8C!) frosty! Sunshine and a few clouds. High near 30F (-1.1C). brrr. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We currently have 0 (32 F) sunny degrees that feel like -2 (28 F) with an expected high of 12 (53 F) under sunny skies and 2% chance of precipitation.

I got a lot done with work yesterday, and we have a lot of meetings planned for today, so don't expect to get as much done, but I am working on some documentation on that big, complicated project and might be able to multitask during one of the meetings. Maybe.

• eku0
    edited January 2022
    good morning
    It's a sunny 18F here. Plenty of sunshine. High 34F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    No special plans for today. So happy the grandchildren are nearby and see them several times a week.
    Ed, hope the meetings go well.
    Hope you're feeling better, Irene.
    Hi Jo!
    I finished reading The Lincoln Highway, thank goodness. I was very impatient with the stupidity of some of the characters, annoying! Will see what today brings.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay safe and healthy. 😷🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We have 0 (32 F) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 9 (47 F) under cloudy skies and 4% chance of precipitation.

Not a lot that is critical on today's agenda. Not sure if the predicted wintry blast of cold temperatures will arrive tonight, but if it does, it does.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Some snow flurries this a.m. It's currently 32F, cloudy. Snow showers developing in the afternoon. High around 35F. Winds light and variable. No special plans for today, may catch up on some paperwork, little things around the house.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy Weekend! ⛄
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We are about to get hit with a major storm, anywhere from 18-30inches of snow. I took today off as a snow day. The Governor requested that everyone stay home. Also there is a ban on tractor trailers from driving the interstate from 6am this morning. So unless our warehouse scrambled and got all the trucks out early last night, I don't expect a delivery today.
    Have a good weekend and stay safe!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Well we won't be walking today too much snow and wind ,I can't remember the last time we didn't walk . Stay safe every one. Still on my inhalers hope to start feeling better soon
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. Nice to see you Joanne and Irene. It's satisfying sunny Saturday! We currently have -4 (25 F) sunny degrees (feels like -10, 14F) with an expected sunny high of 3 (37 F) and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to get laundry started, and review the shopping list to see if I REALLY want to get out. Once it warms up a bit I might head out to get groceries.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Jo, good idea to take the day off. I hope the snowstorm doesn't hit you too hard.
    Irene, hope you feel better soon. Good to take the day off, time to recover.
    Ed, haha, still warmer where you are.
    We were lucky. Only got a dusting or so of snow. Our driveway is clear, and the sidewalks and roadways mostly clear.
    I met up with a friend (all masked up) and went to TJMaxx yesterday. Picked up a couple of Valentine's Day presents. Still need to get something for the little ones.
    It's currently 18F, partly cloudy skies. A bit chillier than yesterday. High 23F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend. Stay safe and warm and healthy. ⛄❄😷
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday! We have -4 (25 F) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 13 (55 F) and 0% chance of precipitation.

I did get to the store yesterday and, while I had to buy name brands on a couple of items, did fill my list. They had some nice pieces of fish in the mark down for quick sale bin so I got a few fish steaks and filets for the freezer. When I stopped by the pork and beef mark down bin, I got a pound of lean ground beef for the freezer as well.

I pulled out some beef short ribs yesterday to thaw in the refrigerator, and will try those in the Instant Pot for dinner tonight. I may make some noodles to go with that, but a potato might be just as nice.

Nothing critical on the home front, but I do have some laundry from yesterday to fold and put away. I might do a little light house cleaning as well.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, sounds like a good grocery trip. I did laundry yesterday, and some paperwork, and cleaning.
    It's currently a sunny 14F (-10C), clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. High 29F. Winds light and variable.
    Not sure what I feel like doing today. Will see as the day progresses.
    I hope those north of us did not get too much snow and have power in their houses.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. Stay healthy and warm. 😷🌞⛄
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We got 30.9 inches of snow. It was the highest in our area. It was light and fluffy, so with the snow blower the cleanup took about an hour. It was cold though, 9degrees.
    Took Sophie for her follow up visit for her nose, blood work and an antibiotic shot. We will get the results in a few days. I am hoping I do not have to give her medication anymore.
    A trip to the grocery store is planned for today, as I usually go on Sunday, but was busy cleaning up the snow and going to the vet.
    Have a great start to your week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We have 1 (33 F) clear degree with a cloudy high of 13 (56 F) expected and 2% chance of precipitation.

Nothing on the critical agenda for today but I do need to get to PetSmart soon for cat supplies.