Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It is currently raining heavily. Better rain than snow.
    Irene-I haven't tried any of the new frozen foods yet. I am following the first week jump start program where NS tells you what to eat. I got the chef's choice for my first order. The next order I can pick what I want.
    Ed-Sorry to hear about your brother, hope his symptoms are mild. We went to the grocery store yesterday and a lot of the shelves were bare.
    Vix-I hope your leg feels better soon and you recover some energy.
    It is a holiday in Ma., Martin Luther King day, but not every business observes it. Stores are still open and some businesses.
    Have a great start to your week. :)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited January 2022
    Good morning.
    Jo, thanks. Good that you got rain instead of snow and don't have to shovel. Good luck with the NS!
    It rained overnight so there is just a small layer of slushy, icy, snow out there. It's currently 30F, some lingering morning flurries or snow showers. Cloudy and windy. High 36F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. We have a wind warning for gusts up to 55 mph. Will probably leave the snow and see if it melts off.
    Haven't been eating right and didn't sleep well last night, so will see what the day brings.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have -2 (feels like -5) clear degrees with an expected high of 11 under mostly sunny skies and 4% chance of rain. In Fahrenheit that's 28 now (feels like 23) with an expected high of 52. I expect the remaining snow will fade away today.

I have class again, starting at 8:00. Joy...

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Enjoy your class, Ed. Warming up better where you are.
    It's currently 31F here, cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High around 35F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Hubby pushed the snow off the driveway and sidewalks yesterday, didn't look like it would melt off. All clear and dry this a.m. in case we need to go anywhere.
    I think I may do a little sorting through things today, see if there is stuff to get rid of. I'm still feeling really tired, so will just see what the day brings.
    Tuesday already! Wishing everyone a good day. ⛄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We currently have -1 (31 F) clear degrees with an expected high of 15 (60 F) under partly cloudy skies and 2% chance of precipitation.

Hopefully it will be an unremarkable day. Nothing critical on the home front. The big, complicated project at work is coming together nicely and I will be tweaking settings and adding virtual inventory today to see how that affects the function. With some help I finally got the last of the major issues with it working at all taken care of yesterday, and got started actually testing in the afternoon.

Dinner last night was ordered in from our favorite Mexican restaurant. The food had cooled off a bit in the delivery drive, but it was all really great anyway. I ate too much, but it was so nice to have food from there.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, nothing new just wanted to say hi
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Ed, good that you got the project working. Tweaking's the fun part. Nice that it's warming up later.
    It's warming up here too for today, before more snow tomorrow a.m. It's currently 33F, sunshine and clouds mixed. High 46F. (That should melt off the rest of the snow!) Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    House cleaner is coming today, and we'll be babysitting for a little while in the late afternoon.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. Stay safe and healthy. 😷🐫
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Odd weather today, getting colder as the day goes on. It's currently 36F and raining, down to freezing by 9a.m. Cloudy with rain and snow diminishing this morning. Partial clearing this afternoon, with temps falling to near 25. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
    I'm not feeling motivated to do much. I'd like to finish the book I'm reading, Harlem Shuffle. The writing is good, but I'm not really into the story. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay safe and warm. 😷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We currently have 9 (49 F) cloudy degrees out there with an expected high of 10 (50 F) under cloudy skies and 39% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Well George has come down with a cold and a slight fever trying to stay away don't want to get sick so far I am fine take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We currently have 0 out there (feels like -3) cloudy degrees out there with an expected high of 2 under cloudy skies and 17% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front, though I am building a shopping list for the weekend. If the weather is OK I will try to get to Kroger early on Saturday to fill what I can from it.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, I hope George is feeling ok, and wishing him a speedy recovery. Good that you both are vaccinated. The Omicron symptoms are very similar to a cold.
    Ed, the grocery stores here are running low on stock too. Seems like a lot of the truck drivers are out sick, so there are supply chain interruptions.
    The snow didn't amount to anything yesterday. It's currently 12F here, brrrr. Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High around 25F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good Friday, and a wonderful weekend ahead. Stay safe and warm. 😷🤗
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, thanks vix George is feeling so much better cold is gone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We have 0 (32 F) cloudy, chilly degrees with an expected high of 7 (46 F) under mostly cloudy skies, and 2% chance of precipitation.

The work week ended on a high note, with a group collaborative call, wherein we revamped the directory structure for one important application, and got it set up for easier maintenance and testing. Still a minor problem with the big, complex application but it is mostly running well. I have some error tickets to write up Monday, but they are for relatively minor issues. The application is working well enough overall.

I need to get to the grocery store today.

• eku0
    edited January 2022
    Good morning.
    So glad George is better, Irene. Yay!
    Ed, glad your project is coming along nicely.
    A sunny 10F (-12C) here! brrrrr again. Plenty of sunshine expected today (that helps). High around 30F. Winds light and variable.
    We've got a zoom meeting scheduled for today with family and my sister-in-law in California. That'll be nice.
    Found an easy recipe for yogurt garlic baked chicken, might make that tonight or maybe a spinach lasagna. Will see what we feel like. I baked some gluten free chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I had one and will now pretend they aren't there. I also baked some spaghetti squash. Hubby doesn't like it, but it makes about 4 meals for me.
    I'm happy to see the sunshine. Wishing everyone a happy weekend. Cheers! 😷🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2022
    Well, I got to the grocery, and $175.21 later I came home to put away. I had some heavy items and feel like I got my exercise this morning.

I hit up the marked down fish and meat bins and I still have some catfish nuggets to break down into smaller freezer packets, and some ribeye steaks to break up into individual freezer packets. I also found some chuck steak, that should turn out nicely in the Instant Pot, a small package of boneless short ribs, also probably fated for the Instant Pot, and some diced pork that could turn into barbecue (Instant Pot possibility there too) or a rich pork stew. Along with the catfish there were some marked down tilapia filets. I considered some salmon, but even marked down it seemed a bit pricy so I passed on that. Besides, I have some nice smoked Norwegian salmon waiting for me in the refrigerator. Not the same as fresh salmon, I know, but very tasty all the same. The catfish and steaks will join the rest of the meat and fish already put away in the garage deep freezer.

I mostly skipped breakfast to get to the store early, but did eat a small breakfast sandwich when I got home, and some cheese. I am still sipping my morning tea, albeit a bit late. The tea and coffee may segue right into lunch, which may be that aforementioned smoked salmon.

I got some ready to warm and eat garlic bread from the marked down baked goods cart, and may pull that veggie lasagna from the freezer for tonight's dinner. I can make a salad to go with that if I decide to make it, or I could bake the spaghetti squash that has been sitting there on the counter for some time. I might be able to find a bit of ground chuck that I could put in my serving if I do the spaghetti squash.

Nothing else critical on the home front. I will separate the catfish and the steaks after my tea, while the coffee is brewing.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I hope everyone is well.
    We have been having snow flurries all day, but nothing is sticking. It is currently 27 degrees.
    I lost 6 lb. on my first week with NS. You don't eat as much the first week. I started my 2nd week on Thursday and it seems like a lot of food. Last night half way through my dinner I was full and I didn't eat my after dinner snack.
    Today I am prepping my veggies for the week.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday! Currently we have -1 (30 F) sunny degrees (feels like -5, 24 F) with an expected high of 10 (49 F) under sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

I might get out later, to Lidl, just to see about getting more salad greens, as we ate the last of that for dinner last night. If I do get out, I might also buy another carton of milk, if they have any, though we aren't desperately low.

And maybe look for something for J's dinner for tonight. I am planning chicken and dressing for myself, and there should be plenty for my lunch tomorrow too. Alternately, I could go to Kroger again, but Lidl is closer. Aldi is closest of all and could win out over both of the others. LOL. I really don't want to go all that far today, if I go at all.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo!!! Congrats on the 6 pounds gone! Wow!!! That's great. I'm still struggling with the pounds I put on over the holidays, haven't been able to shake them so far.
    Ed, winter is definitely here.
    It's currently 24F here, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 36F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. A bit warmer than yesterday.
    The yogurt garlic chicken was ok, but I wouldn't bother to make it again.
    I'm still feeling kind of exhausted so hopefully will get some motivation later.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. :smile:
  • parityanimal
    Well I finally baked the last holdouts from Christmas. I had planned for them to be part of the Christmas dinner, but with the kids not coming, and no other guests either, I didn't feel a need to have that much sweet stuff.

Today the Hershey's thin mini-skillet brownie and the larger, thin skillet Reese's cookie just called out to me so there they are. We will have dessert tonight.

gbq8pbr64wlc.png