Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We currently have 5 (41 F) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 11 (52 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

Good to hear you're doing so well back on NS Joanne.

I got some house cleaning done yesterday but still need to scrub sinks and the shower, and clean counters.

But as it's a work day, I don't expect much of that will get done today. J wants to hire a cleaning person but I would be embarrassed right now to let one see the place. And if I feel a need to clean before the cleaning person arrives, then I would have cleaned and then what do we need a cleaning person for? Admittedly, I don't do it as often as I should so J does have a point there...

Today started out with a surprising early morning delivery of a liquid coffee concentrate I wanted to try. When I ordered it said delivery between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. but it actually got here about 6:45.

I seem to have accidentally ordered 2 bottles of it, when I really only wanted one to try, so I guess it will get a really good trial period! I hope I like it. At least by ordering 2 I got free shipping. I may have a rare treat of a second cup of coffee this morning. I had already prepared my morning cup of drip coffee to just push the button when I am ready, so I will have that and may open a bottle of the concentrate to use in making a second cup.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    Good morning
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    Jo, congrats on losing a pound! Ice storms are pretty, but not great for the grid, glad your roads will be cleared soon. Baking is fun when it's cold outside. Glad you're getting a chance to relax.
    Ed, I like having a house cleaner. I basically put away clutter before she gets here, just do a light cleaning/necessities in between her scheduled days. I've never heard of liquid coffee concentrate. I like brewing it fresh in the a.m.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    It's currently 31F a bit warmer than yesterday, and will remain warmer for the week. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to occasional showers during the afternoon. High 41F. Winds light and variable.
    Another new week, wishing you all a good one. 🌤
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 1 (34 F) sunny degree that feels like -2 (29 F) , with an expected sunny high of 13 (56 F).

Nothing critical on the home or work fronts today. I'm planning taco salad for our Tuesday dinner. I need to remember to make some honey mustard dressing a few hours prior to dinner.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    It's currently 29F here, sunny. High near 40F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Warming up this week through Saturday, before it gets cold again. Our poor Spring flowers are getting so confused!
    Will probably stop by the library today, and will just see what I feel like doing besides that.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. Enjoy the sunshine. 🌞
  • eku0
    good morning.
    It's warming up today through Saturday. May go somewhere we can walk around outside.
    It's currently 25F, sun just starting to peek up over the horizon. Expected sunny today. High 52F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐫
  • IreneMurman
    good morning
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We currently have -1 (30 F) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 16 (60 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

The bins are out to the curb for garbage and recycle pickup today. Breakfast was a protein muffin and some sausage links.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We currently have 1 (34 F) clear degree with an expected sunny high of 18 (65 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

Breakfast was steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and cream, along with some eggs and keto (no net carbs) toast and a little butter We'll see how all that affects my glucose numbers. It was tasty anyway. Lunch will be a bowl of meaty beef chili I made yesterday and dinner may be more of the same, though I may save that for Friday's lunch.

Work is going well, and I am finding some more complex bugs with the latest program given to me for testing. I will probably poke at that some more today.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Another warm day coming up. Walked around the neighborhood with our daughter and granddaughter yesterday. I just had a light zippered hoodie over my sweater. The weather was great.
    I was up early this a.m. Already cleaned the guest bath, will do the master bath later.
    It's currently 38F, mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 54F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! We currently have 3 (38 F) clear degrees with an expected high of 20 (68 F) under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

I have another new project to test this morning so should be able to end the work week on a high note.

• eku0
    good morning.
    A somewhat Springlike day expected today. It's currently 34F and sunny to partly cloudy. High 61F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    No special plans as of yet, but I would like to get out in the nice weather.
    Happy Friday, everyone. 🌞
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well i am still feeling crappy went to urgent care yesterday because my dr won't see you if you have a cough because of virus time to find a new dr. Well any ways they tested me and no virus but I do have an infection so I am on meds . We are living in crazy times well you take care
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We currently have 6 (42 F) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 (67 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

I might get a little house cleaning done today, and may get out to the grocery for a few things.

I'm glad you got some medicine Irene and hope you feel better real soon.

• parityanimal
    Spring is springing!

ansqeye1hqm4.png

sybsgpa3aimm.png

k9g8ztyb0wc0.png

lxgnohsya5ln.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Thanks Ed your flowers are beautiful
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, your flowers are beautiful. We have sprouts up.
    Irene, that's awful that your Dr. wouldn't see you. I'm glad you were able to get some help, and meds, and I hope you feel better soon.
    Another warm day here. Overcast. High 53F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing everyone a happy weekend. Cheers. 🥂
  • eku0
    edited February 2022
    good morning.
    Snowed overnight. It's so pretty, about an inch of fluffy snow. I'm glad our house faces south, no snow on our driveway or sidewalks, although the deck and patio in back are covered, as is the pavement of neighbors across the street. It's snowing again and will be on and off all day, so we'll see how that turns out.
    It's currently 28F, intermittent snow showers, especially early. High 36F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Yesterday, I finally finished the sun catcher I started for our granddaughter. Yay!
    I hope our flower sprouts make it through the snow. The weather certainly fooled them.
    Irene, hope you're feeling better.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. ☃❄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 2 (36 F, feels like -3, 27F) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 8(46 F) under mostly cloudy skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

I didn't get out yesterday, but did get some house cleaning done, and washed a load of laundry and a load of dishes so I feel like I had a pretty good day. We ordered in from a nearby Indian restaurant for supper and we tried the egg bara for the first time. We liked them well enough, any may have them again sometime.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I do need to fold that laundry at some point. It's still in the dryer.

• parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! We currently have -2 (29 F) clear degrees (feels like -5, 23 F) with an expected high of 12 under sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

Back to the work-a-day world. And I still need to fold that laundry...LOL.

Happy Valentine's Day!