Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    It's very foggy this morning.
    I'm trying to get an appt with the bank today. I need to make sure they fix something we started the first week in February. Of course, the problem surfaced on Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, on top of which the bank was doing a systems merger this weekend. No stress here.
    Ed, I hope you have a less frustrating day today.
    It's currently 46F here, warmer through tomorrow. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High 62F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good day.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, still sick but i think i am doing better
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We currently have 18 (64 F) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 21 (70 F) under drippy clouds and 96% chance of rain.

I have some bug reports to write up and more testing to do today. And that laundry is still in the dryer to be folded and put away.

I made nachos for dinner last night. They were nice, and filling. Small bowls of ultimate chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream for dessert.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    good morning.
    I hope you feel better soon, Irene pneumonia is rough.
    Ed, good that you're getting the bugs out!
    I'll be babysitting for a little while this a.m., nice.
    Another warm day here. Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 64F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 16 (61 F) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 (73 F) under mostly cloudy skies and 9% chance of rain.

It's been a good work week so far. Several items on my agenda for today. I did finally get all the laundry folded and put away yesterday.

Too many carbs and too much fat for dinner. I made a terribly indulgent dinner of spoon bread corn casserole and we had potato salad and chili beans with jalapeños.

I had a large glass of dry white wine with it. Tonight we will finish off the casserole, and I can sauté some zucchini and/or yellow squash with mushrooms, and make some fried potatoes for J.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, went back to the dr and he is sending me to an pulmonologist
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better. Good luck with the pulmonologist.
    Ed, you sound busy. It's chillier here today.
    Currently 33F, cloudy with occasional rain showers. Some mixed winter precipitation possible. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds light and variable.
    Cleaned the bathrooms and put in a couple of loads of laundry. Will stop over to see our granddaughter later.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. ☂
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We have 17 (63 F) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 (64 F) and 42% chance of rain today. It seemed awfully dark when I woke up, so not surprised by the cloudiness.

I have plenty to do today at work. Last night's dinner was indeed the rest of the spoon bread corn casserole, a few (very few on my plate) fried potatoes, and sauteed in ghee, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms. I had a large portion of that, and considered it to be the main course.

And a glass of dry white wine. That spoon bread corn casserole was my carb pig out for the week, and I won't be making that again for a while. It COULD pop up again for Easter though, in April. I haven't really planned my menu this far in advance, other than retrieving the ham from the deep freeze in the garage, as the centerpiece of the holiday meal. Sometimes I have lamb, but that won't be happening this year.

Salad is on the agenda for tonight's dinner. Well, as a starter anyway. I'll figure out the rest this evening.

nb9kfngav6f3.png

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, your dinner looks nice. I probably would have roasted the veggies. We had chicken cacciatore last night, which is one of my favorites. I put mine over brussels sprouts.
    It's currently 33F, becoming partly cloudy after some morning light rain. High 52F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    I'd like to stop at the library today after it warms up a bit. I have 2 books waiting for me and 1 to return.
    No major plans for today.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy Weekend! ☂🌤
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 4 (39 F) mostly cloudy degrees right now with an expected high of 16 (61 F) under continued mostly cloudy skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today. I may get out to a grocery store.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, enjoy your weekend.
    Irene, I hope you're feeing better.
    Jo, I hope all is well and you're getting some time to relax.
    We've been seeing the grandchildren almost every day, and it makes my world better. :smiley:
    No special plans for today here either.
    It's currently 29F, partly cloudy. High 43F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy Weekend! 🌤🌞
  • parityanimal
    No pictures of tonight's Saturday night tasty dinner. By the time I got it all ready we were hungry and just ate it up.

I made some deviled eggs for J's protein and sliced some organic Cheddar cheese for mine.

And for both of us, I made a lovely vegetable gratin of shallots, zucchini, yellow crookneck squash and broccoli, shaken with a little avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grated Italian 5 cheese blend.

For the starch, I made a few home made seasoned fries that I cooked in the air fryer. They weren't crispy at all but tasted great, so I was happy with my efforts.

See y'all in the hopefully sunny, Sunday morning!

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-good luck with the pulmonologist.
    Ed-your dinner looked good.
    Vix-It is so nice that your grandchildren live close so you can visit often.
    We had more snow on Friday. It was heavy wet snow, so I got my exercise shoveling.
    We had pizza at work on Saturday for associate appreciation day.
    Today is my daughters birthday. We are taking her to brunch.
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Well my fat fingering this morning seems to keep losing my post before I can hit the Post Reply button.

It's cool and rainy and should be raining until late afternoon. Nothing critical on the home front this morning.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter, Jo! Have fun at brunch! Sorry you had to shovel snow.
    Hi Ed.
    It's currently 34F, sunny. High 52F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :smiley:
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! We have 7 (45 F) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 16 (60 F) and 4% chance of precipitation. I never did get out yesterday, and may actually need to get out during the work week for a few grocery items. I may be able to last until the weekend.

Speaking of work, another work week starting here.

• IreneMurman
    happy birthday to your daughter Jo
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, sounds like you're busy.
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better.
    Jo, hope you enjoyed brunch and your daughter's birthday!
    I went for some blood tests this morning, my annual physical is scheduled for next week.
    It's currently 32F, partly cloudy. High near 45F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Looking at some vacation ideas. It's been a while since we've gone anywhere.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 4 (39 F) sunny degrees right now with an expected sunny high of 19 (66 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front, and it may be a slow day at work but somehow I think I'll get more things to test today. But we'll see.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, sometimes it's good to have a slow day.
    I have a zoom meeting scheduled with my dietitian today. Nothing else on the agenda.
    It's currently 32F, cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 57F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. New month, new moon. 🌑