Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 11 (51 F) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 22 (72 F) and 4% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday was a rather dismal day, weatherwise, so chili seemed the perfect thing for supper. I had beef chili, with cheese stirred in, and I made vegetarian chili with spaghetti for J. We both have a bowl of chili left for a nice and easy heat and eat lunch today.

As it’s St. Patrick’s Day, I am planning some version of colcannon for our dinner. I will have corned beef with mine, but since I am married to a vegetarian (eggs, dairy, and honey are included in this diet – not vegan) there will be no corned beef on the other plate, but probably some fried or scrambled eggs for the main protein.

I may have an Irish Manhattan as a before dinner drink, using Irish whiskey in lieu of any other, and minus the cherry since I don’t have any.

Hope you have a great day!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    9os11ijvk87o.png

Ed, colcannon sounds good. I'm going to make some potato leek soup.
    I went for my car's emission test yesterday, so that's done.
    House cleaner is here today.
    It was so beautiful out yesterday, I spent a lot of time on the porch, just soaking in the sun.
    It's currently 48F and rainy, looks like rain on and off throughout the day. High 58F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good day. ☂☘☘☘
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We have 10 (50 F) clear degrees with an expected high of 18 (64 F) and 100% chance of rain. It's still quite dark out there.

I did have a small Irish Manhattan before dinner. I decided on bubble and squeak instead of colcannon, as I felt it would go nicely with fried eggs for J's dinner. It's really almost the same dish, but fried up for the final presentation, and may have more veggies in it. I thought it turned out fairly well, but could use more practice on that dish. Not likely to get all that much practice, as it's rather starchy and not something I need to be making often.

ukhkmgswbxgf.png

We have our HVAC Spring/Summer maintenance scheduled for this morning. I haven't looked at the work calendar for the day yet.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Thanks, Ed. Now I know what bubble and squeak is!
    The potato leek soup came out yummy. Now I've got it down how to make that.
    The sun is shining here this a.m. It's 47F, a mix of clouds and sun today. High 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. The forecast said areas of dense fog, but I don't see any.
    No special plans for today. Will definitely go outside and enjoy the weather.
    Wishing everyone a happy Friday! 🌞
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's currently 53, sunny for now, partly cloudy this morning with thunderstorms becoming likely this afternoon. High 72F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. I guess that storm is coming up the coast.
    Had spaghetti squash with chicken sausage last night. Funny how much I substitute ingredients!
    It looks really nice out now, so I guess I'll spend some time outside before the rain comes.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend. 🌞☂🌩
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We have 12 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 17 (C) and 2% chance of rain.

The cats let me sleep in until 8:00 so I am still drinking my tea. I can see the sun is currently shining brightly, and hopefully drying things off out there.

Yesterday was the first, and only, day that I actually stopped working at the scheduled time. It was a long week. Fortunately the HVAC visit didn't pull me away from work any more than a couple of short breaks, which I take anyway, but as the unit needed a deep cleaning, and they recommended installation of a new part, to help with startup, it did cost me some money. But it's all good and now the compressor will supposedly last longer.

I will get out to the grocery soon, and may pick up some cooked chicken to go with the rice and teriyaki sauce I did not eat from last night's bento box. For some reason I had noodles on my mind, and added them as one of the sides, despite the box having rice under the hibachi chicken. I didn't need THAT many carbs, so I ate the noodles, and the two pieces of crab Rangoon, but left the rice for another meal today. I just need to add a protein.

Well, my tea mug is empty so back to the kitchen.

• parityanimal
    472zn9462ojq.png
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, good that you got your HVAC fixed, and your shopping done.
    I cleaned some of our outdoor cushion covers and did some other laundry.
    It was a beautiful day yesterday, we didn't get rain til late at night, nice to spend time outdoors. This morning I saw the worm moon just above a few lines of clouds.
    It's currently 48F, partially cloudy. High 54F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Ah, there is some sun peeking through.
    Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ☮
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 4 (40 F) clear degrees out there now with an expected sunny high of 19 (67 F) and 2% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today but I will probably get out looking for a few groceries I didn't get yesterday.

Happy official first day of Spring!

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good Sunday morning
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 (40 F) clear degrees with a mostly sunny high of 22 (71 F) expected and 1% chance of precipitation. I need to get some laundry done today, but there isn't too much. But J's mother is having knee replacement surgery this week so J is heading up to Kentucky, despite the obscene gas prices, to take her for the surgery and her therapy after.

Dinner last night, for me, was my mother's meatloaf, served the way I remember best. I had a small soup plate with a nice serving of meatloaf, about half a cup of mashed potatoes, and maybe 1/3 cup of green peas, and plenty of tomato gravy over the meatloaf and potatoes. The only way it could have been better would be if Mom had come to visit and cooked it herself. I will have three more meals from the meatloaf as I made only half her recipe from when I was growing up. She was feeding a large family and used two pounds of ground beef, but as I am the only one who will eat it here, I used only one pound of ground beef.

h9zoa3cntyfp.png

We'll see how the work front goes today. That tricky project remains, well, tricky.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
    I talked with my son and daughter-in-law on Sunday morning via face time and spent the afternoon with my daughter.
    Today I have a Derm. appt. for my yearly skin check.
    Hubby is getting over a cold. I hope I don't come down with it.
    Have a great start to your week. :)
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Jo, so glad you got to spend time with everyone on Sunday. Good luck with your derm. appt. I went last week and had 2 small bumps on my back removed, all is well. Hope your hubby feels better soon and that you stay healthy.
    My daughter and her family all had some kind of virus this weekend, not covid or flu, but fevers and stomach upset and sore throats, so I didn't see them except to drop off some supplies. I'm hoping they're all feeling better this a.m.
    Irene, hope you're feeling better.
    Ed, good luck with your tricky work issue. Meatloaf looks yummy. We had turkey meatballs last night.
    It's currently 42F and sunny here, sunny to partly cloudy for the rest of the day. High 68F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Looks like it will be a lovely Spring Day.
    I have a few errand to run, some general housework to do, and will definitely spend some time outdoors.
    It's another new week, and wishing everyone a good one. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 11 clear degrees and an expected high of 24 under partly cloudy skies with 2% chance of rain.

I need to get the laundry folded, so J can head up to Kentucky, and then this evening get the garbage and recycles out to the curb. I set some diced pork in the refrigerator last night to thaw, and will either make some kind of pork stew or, more likely, barbecue out of it.

• eku0
    Hmmm. something odd going on here. My post from this a.m. disappeared again.
    Ed, safe travels to J!
    Anyway, family was still not feeling well yesterday. They took the baby in for an x-ray to make sure it wasn't pneumonia, and now have a nebulizer and some special medicine for her. I'm glad we're close by and can pick up things for them, and help out if needed. Luckily they are feeling better today.
    It's partly cloudy skies for the morning becoming overcast during the afternoon. High 62F. Winds light and variable. Another moderate Spring day.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Tuesday. 🌺
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

We have 17 (62 F) rainy degrees out there now with an expected high of 22 (71 F) under cloudy skies with 96% chance of rain, which would explain why I woke up with a bit of a headache.

The rain may stop by this afternoon, and the sun may even visit. We shall see.

J made it up to Kentucky just fine. Nothing critical on the home front today. Work may be busy though.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, glad J made it safely to Kentucky. Supposed to rain here too, but it hasn't started yet, completely overcast.
    The family was starting to feel better yesterday. My daughter's voice was still gravelly, and I'm sure she must be exhausted, but the little ones are doing much better. Thank goodness.
    I called my surgeon's office this morning to get a joint replacement card for traveling. I will most likely set off alarms at the airport. Not great for someone who doesn't like attention.
    It's currently 43F, showers this morning, becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours. High around 55F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing everyone a good day. 🐫
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning everyone, i went to Sam's club yesterday can't believe how the prices have gone up
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning.
    The global economy is taking a big hit, Irene. Very sad about the state of the world.
    Hope your weather is ok, Ed.
    I did some paperwork yesterday. I have some cleaning to do today, and may run some errands if I get a chance.
    It's currently 45F, considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers this afternoon. High 67F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Gray and gloomy out.
    Tme is flying by. Wishing everyone a good day. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Well, my morning post got eaten, but that was my fault. It's a lovely day. Work has been going relatively well, with a few minor snafus. Waiting for a backup to complete so I can delete all the data and see if I can re-sync it from externally.