Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

Good to see you on, Joanne, and glad you are feeling better Irene!

We have 11 (52 F) rainy degrees now with an expected cloudy high of 14 (58 F) and 100% chance of rain. Since it's raining, I think I can verify that 100% chance. The good news is that the rain should be stopping around mid-morning and then it is predicted to remain overcast all day and into the night.

Plenty to do at work today. Nothing critical at home.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    Irene, so glad you are feeling better.
    Jo, wow snow. It was in the 70s here over the weekend, but has now cooled off.
    Ed, hope you enjoy your work today, sounds busy.
    It's currently 37F and raining here. Cloudy with periods of rain expected today. High 41F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Maybe some snow on Saturday. Crazy weather.
    Wishing all a good day. ☂

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 7 (44 F) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 (60 F) and 19% chance of rain.

We were on the phone most of the day yesterday, so didn't get a lot of work done, but did get the necessary bits. Today it's back to trying to work out an access issue when trying to sync into the server I set up, from a remote machine. We need that functionality for proper testing. I am on the track, and have found a promising website this morning that may provide the solution. We will see. That will be the first thing I attempt today for work.

Nothing critical on the home front.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sounds like work is busy, Ed. Good luck finding your resolution.
    It's currently 37F here, partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 53F. Winds light and variable.
    I'm going out later. Hubby needs some new slipper socks, and I'll enjoy walking around a store for a little while. Just ordered some hiking pants from Amazon. I need to look for a windbreaker too.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant day. ☘
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Getting cold here again this weekend.

We currently have 9 (48 F) cloudy degrees and an expected cloudy high of 14 (57 F) with 47% chance of precipitation. We have a wind advisory and the forecast says that rain is possible after 3 pm. Well, technically rain was already possible with a 47% chance of precipitation but I guess it's most likely after 3?

Still trying to get that one project working, but may have to rebuild the server and start over.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Crazy weather here, Ed. We have crocus and daffodils blooming. Hyacinth about to bloom and snow expected for tomorrow.
    It's currently 43F, Sunny. High around 60F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Dropping into the teens F by tomorrow night.
    Went out yesterday, slipper socks are out of season, so there were none out there. I can probably find them online. I couldn't find a windbreaker either. I'm not really fond of online shopping, but it is convenient when you can't find things.
    Wishing everyone a good day, enjoy the warmth while it lasts. 🌞
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Rain turned to snow here about 7 a.m. It's currently 32F and looks slippery out there. Lots of snow and wind expected today. High 34F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. Glad I got out in the sunshine yesterday!
    Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend. ⛄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We have -1(30 F), feels like -8 (17 F), cloudy, windy degrees and an expected high of 1 (34 F) cloudy degree, with 57% chance of precipitation, that could include snow! Of course there is a freeze warning.

The cats tried to get me up early but I managed to fend them off until a bit after 8. It was lovely to sleep in on a cold morning.

I need to get out to the grocery for a few things today, if I can drag myself out the door.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Did everyone remember to change your clocks?
    We had rain yesterday and snow overnight, just a dusting. It is currently 19 degrees and very windy.
    Vix-I am not a fan of online shopping. I like to actually see and touch the products or articles of clothing.
    Ed-good luck with your project.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a good day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good Sunday morning
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday! We currently have -2 (29 F) sunny degrees and an expected sunny high of 12 (53 F) with 1% chance of precipitation. Hopefully things will start to warm up again back into Spring temperatures.

For those who do, welcome to instant jetlag without traveling anywhere! I tried setting all my house clocks ahead late in the afternoon yesterday in an attempt to fool myself into feeling like the change had already occurred, but it didn't work. I stayed up too late and it felt like I got up too early this morning anyway. LOL. But at least I wasn't running around changing them this morning.

Biscuits with sausage gravy for my delicious frigid morning breakfast. Nothing critical on the home front today, but I need to see if laundry needs doing.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Chilly again today, but supposed to warm up tomorrow.
    Nice that you were able to sleep in, Ed.
    Hi Irene, hope you're feeling better.
    Jo, I changed our clocks this morning. Easy enough. We had about 5 inches of snow yesterday. Hubby used our snow blower. I like to see and touch things (and try them on) before I buy them too, so online is not ideal. The pants came yesterday. I am going to keep them. They fit pretty well. The material is not really what I hoped for, but it will do.
    It's currently 21F here, sunshine and a few clouds. High 41F (good for melting the snow!). Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. The forecast shows high 50s and 60s for the next 10 days.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! We currently have -1 (30 F) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 18 (64 F) and 1% chance of precipitation.

I have a lot of laundry to fold at some point in the day, but I expect that will be mostly after work. I may get a bit done during lunch and breaks if I just make a quick microwave lunch.

Nothing critical on the work front, still tweaking at things.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, I have to do some laundry today too.
    I have a followup appt with the dermatologist this a.m. so that'll fill up my morning.
    It's currently 28F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 59F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Warming up nicely. The daffodils seemed to survive the snow, unless they're just frozen that way!
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. 🌞
  • eku0
    ba3qlf0ohqno.png
    This is the puzzle I just finished.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-nice puzzle. I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in years.
    Ed-I hope you got your laundry folded.
    It was in the 50's yesterday and getting warmer as the week progresses with Friday expected to be in the 70's. I hope it stays warm for the weekend.
    I have seen some Hosta shoots starting to come up. I haven't really been out in the backyard to see if anything else is coming up. The ground is still too wet.
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 8 (46 F) fair degrees now with an expected overcast high of 19 (65 F) and 51% chance of precipitation.

That's a beautiful puzzle! We used to do puzzles occasionally, but with the cats, it is nearly impossible as they want to help. Their idea of help being to get in the middle of the puzzle, maybe bat the pieces around and carry some off to hide.

But we have plenty to keep us busy. Today I need to get garbage and recycles out to the curb. I got the laundry folded and put away yesterday, amazingly without any help from Dinah, as she was asleep in the open closet off the master bath. I was busy at work all day, and had a short lunch break, so no laundry was folded until after work.

Today I should get to meet with one of the experts on certain software, to try to iron out the wrinkles with our test installation. And I will probably make taco salad for supper.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

We have 12 (54 F) cloudy degrees, and it was raining until a few minutes ago. The expected high is 15 (58 F) under cloudy skies with 64% chance of precipitation that could include some lightning.

My garbage and recycles are out to the curb, and work awaits.

• eku0
    edited March 2022
    good morning.
    Hope you're feeling better every day, Irene.
    Jo, I hope the weather stays nice for you for the weekend. It's crazy here, temps up for a few days, then dips for a day or 2, just back and forth.
    Ed, I hope you're not in the line of the storms that are supposed to be hitting the south this week.
    It's currently 45F here, sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 71F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. I sat in the sun and read for a while yesterday, the weather was beautiful.
    I might get some paperwork done today, or I have my vehicle inspection due next month, I could do that ahead of time. Will see what I feel like doing, and what the day brings.
    Midweek already, wishing all a good day. 🌞☘