Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,326 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 6 (43 F) fair degrees with an expected high of 16 (60 F) under partly cloudy skies and 2% chance of precipitation.

Hopefully an easy day. I do have some cleaning to do at home. I am pondering trying the shrimp at Krystal tonight. I have a nice looking piece of yellowfin tuna that might become lunch.

I still have more, somewhat tedious, deleting and re-synchronizing data for testing purposes. It's not difficult work but I need to document what works and what doesn't as thoroughly as possible, and that definitely gets tedious sometimes.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    happy Friday
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    Ed, I remember the days of creating test data, loading and reloading, testing and analyzing. It can be quite tedious.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    I made some roasted cauliflower soup last night. That's a new one for me. I will definitely make that again, a light comfort food.
    It's currently 41F, mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 61F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    My daughter and her family are all feeling better. Yay!
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing everyone an easy Friday. 🌞
  • eku0
    edited March 2022
    good morning.
    I bought myself a new wallet yesterday, one that will fit in a pocket, so I don't always have to carry a purse. I'm going to touch up my hair color today.
    It's cloudy and windy this morning and it's chilled off a little, colder weather (back to freezing) expected into Tuesday. We have hyacinths and daffodils blooming and flowering trees are budding and starting to flower. I hope the weather doesn't do them in.
    It's currently 44F, cloudy skies with a few showers this afternoon. High near 50F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I would have posted earlier, but after breakfast when I came to my computer, I had a choice to reboot and install updates now, or let it take care of that later tonight.

I chose to do it immediately and it commenced to install, apparently, a massive update that looked like it was going to take some time, so I let it run and went in the kitchen to clean up one of the kitchen counters, as the cats had been messing with some of the items on that counter. Buttons, in particular, had discovered a sealed bag of dried catnip and was trying to get it unsealed. I rescued that and got busy with cleaning it up in general. I lost track of time and was half an hour late feeding the cats. They were not amused.

So now I am at my computer, having discovered the update ate my personalized setting for three separate backgrounds on the three view screens, so I had to set that back up and now it claims it has ANOTHER update to download and install, and am just now having my coffee.

I think I may wait on the reboot for this update until I am ready to make lunch. It's slowly downloading now.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good Sunday morning;
    Vix-I am glad your family is feeling better.
    Ed-I am not tech savvy, so am in awe of what you do.
    Hi Irene.
    Nothing much going on here. Hubby is over his cold. All was good with my derm. appt. and I do not have to go back unless I have a problem.
    Up early this morning and I have been prepping veggies for the week. I am at a standstill in my weight loss. It is my fault, I have been having extras not on plan. I feel good and my clothes fit better and I am not gaining, so that is a plus.
    We may not get to see my son until the fall because of scheduling conflicts. It is difficult to coordinate with a lot of different schedules that have to be taken into account.
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have a sunny 6 degrees Celsius with a delightful, cool, sunny high of 16 expected and that rare 0% chance of precipitation.

I may get out to a grocery store today. Nothing critical on the home front. I did buy a weighed blanket, 25 pounds that feels a lot heavier than that when it's all folded up. I thought it might help me sleep more soundly. After one night, I am not quite ready to make any claims regarding that but did find it more comfortable than I expected. At first it seemed a bit heavy but I got used to it fairly quickly. And, I got one that claimed in the advertising to be a "cooling" weighted blanket, as I tend to get hot during the night anyway and was concerned that it might be too warm. At least last night that wasn't a problem, but we'll see how it goes in the hotter days of summer. And we'll see how J feels about it. I didn't say I was thinking about it or that I was going to buy one when I decided, so J will find out about it on returning home.

I have a bottom round roast to get into a cooker after the dishwasher runs. I had braised chuck steak last night and will eat the rest of that for lunch. The bottom round roast can be supper and a few more meals.

Well, my tea mug is empty so off to the kitchen.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Jo, glad hubby is feeling better and that your derm appt went well. I have gained a few pounds back too (over the holidays and Jan/Feb). You've done well losing weight recently. It's hard getting back on track and getting rid of the extra. I'm trying to watch my portions and cut back on snacks.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    Ed, my daughter loves her weighted blanket. It's nice that you found a cooling one. I am usually cold when I get into bed, but then get hot during the night. When it's cold out I use a rice filled pad that I can heat up in the microwave. It warms me up when I get into bed and then gradually loses it's heat, which is perfect for me.
    It's cooled off here for the next few days, currently 36F, partly to mostly cloudy and windy. High 42F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible. I tried to sit out yesterday, but with the clouds and wind, it was too chilly. There was also a bit of a windy snowshower yesterday afternoon. That was a surprise.
    I put my natural energy lamp on in the morning for a while while I'm at my computer. I'm not sure if it helps or not. Will see what today brings.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. 🪁
  • IreneMurman
    hi all,
    well we had a weighted blanket i found it to be too heavy so we don't use it. I am always warm we actually sleep with the ceiling fan on, my poor husband is all bundled up in blankets i do have an awesome husband.
    Jo sometimes it takes awhile for our bodies to adjust good luck.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 and still that elusive 0% chance of precipitation.

I did get out in yesterday's lovely weather, to the grocery and later for a walk around the block. My right hip is not fond of these walks but I try to do them anyway, when I can.

Nothing critical on the home front. Work will be what it will be.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, that's funny. My hubby keeps an electric blanket on his half of the bed. :wink:
    Ed, good that you got out. My right hip was the one that was replaced. Almost a year later, it still bothers me a bit (not nearly as much). Have you had it checked out?
    It's currently 24F here, windy with snow showers this morning. High around 35F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    I'm glad I have my elliptical downstairs.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. ❄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 10 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 21 under partly cloudy skies and 1% chance of rain.

I have to get out to a consultation with a gastroenterologist today to discuss colonoscopy, and whether I must have that. I'm hoping for something a little less invasive if possible. While out I need to get some kibble for the cats.

• eku0
    hi all,
    For some reason my posts sometimes disappear from here.
    Good luck with your gastro appt, Ed. Good to get that checked.
    We had some bitter cold here yesterday, down into the teens, windy, and a ferocious looking snow that luckily passed quickly and didn't stick. It was 23F in the a.m., up to 36F now, nice and sunny out, partly cloudy. High near 45F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I've been catching up with some friends by phone and email. Trying to slowly get some things organized.
    Will see what I can get done. It's my son's birthday today. We're planning to go to a seaglass festival with them on the weekend, and also a family gathering at our house. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing everyone a sunny Tuesday. 🌞
  • eku0
    good morning.
    I made some potato leek soup yesterday. Hubs really likes it. And I made some low cal oatmeal raisin cookies. It was a good day for cooking/baking. Also did some laundry and put away the jigsaw puzzle I finished.
    I may meet up with a friend today or tomorrow. That'll be nice.
    It's cold again this a.m, 28F, a mix of wintry precipitation this morning. Then some clearing this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Mid week already, wishing all a good day. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high o27 under mostly cloudy skies and 2% chance of rain. The gastroenterologist convinced me to get the colonoscopy, but we haven't actually scheduled it yet. When J gets back, we need to discuss that. If nothing else, it will mean a temporary weight loss after the preparation.

Yesterday afternoon we made a lot of progress in a team session, working on an important project, and may do some more today on that. Nothing critical on the home front, other than bringing the garbage and recycle bins back up, after pick up, and bringing in the mail. There is a comforter in the dryer I could fold...and I need to decide what kind of chicken dish I want to make for supper.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning, wish your son a happy Birthday
    Yesterday I met some friends for lunch it was so nice.
    Take care
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We had some rain when I got up, but right now it's 17 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 21 under cloudy skies and 100% chance of rain.

It was very windy last night. I don't remember it after I finally drifted off to sleep though. I need to see a different doctor today, to discuss the metabolic panel, liver functions, electrolytes, and whatever else they drew blood for last week. Seeing the gastroenterologist on Tuesday was just coincidentally close to today's appointment. The doctors happen to be in buildings right across from each other. I would have tried to schedule both on the same day, to just make one trip, but I'm not sure if my nerves could take two different doctor visits, with two waiting rooms, on the same day. LOL.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Thanks, Irene. So glad you got out with friends. It is wonderful to be out and about again. I met up with a friend yesterday, it was great. :smiley:
    Good luck with the Dr. today, Ed. Hope all your test results are good. I agree, 2 Drs in one day is too much!
    The weather was beautiful yesterday afternoon, so nice. It's been like a roller coaster, all over the place.
    It's currently 59F, cloudy, a bit windy. A few showers expected this morning with numerous thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 69F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.
    Our house cleaner is coming today, so I have to do a little declutter before she gets here.
    Thursday already, wishing everyone a good one. ☂⛈
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    right now its 55 outside a little windy but i will take it.
    Ed good luck at the Drs
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We have been making stead progress on a tricky programming issue at work, and I am researching another product that I may need to install on a server to test with. It looks a bit complicated, but should be interesting.

Nothing critical on the home front.