Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We have 5 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 24 under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon yesterday working with one of our programmers to replicate, and try to figure out, some very odd errors I was getting on a data transfer. We don't actually think there is any major coding issue in our program, but perhaps some kind of issue with a third party interface. It's one of those erratic error situations that seem somewhat unpredictable, and can't always be replicated, so it will be difficult to figure out, but I think between us we managed to get enough information gathered for him to carry on with figuring out the root cause.

Meanwhile, if the company using our program isn't transmitting really huge batches of customer data in a given run, and they shouldn't be, as far as we know, then the error condition shouldn't be a big problem for them, and our program does let them know which customer data didn't get through, so they will know they need to check those records for accuracy and push them through on the next run. So I think it will be fine.

Nothing critical on the home front today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning.
    Ed, I hope your testing went well.
    It's nice and sunny this morning. The grandchildren are home today, so looking forward to spending some time with them. Our housecleaner will be here this a.m., always nice to freshen up.
    There's a little frost on my neighbor's rooftop, but it seems it will be a beautiful Spring day. It's currently 41F, plentiful sunshine expected today. High near 70F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a happy Friday, and a wonderful holiday weekend! 🍷🌷🐇
  • eku0
    good morning all.
    Lots of flowers blooming. I love the redbuds, looks nice next to the white serviceberry, and flowering pears. Had a nice day yesterday. Will see what today brings, may spend some more time with the family.
    It's currently 57F, cloudy with rain this morning...then a chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. High around 75F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing everyone a happy weekend! 🍷🌷🐇
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning , hope everyone has a great weekend and happy Easter
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying (and possibly soggy) Saturday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 23 and 30% chance of rain, though from the looks of the sidewalk we already had some rain.

I have to take Dinah to the vet today for her annual checkup.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Happy Easter and Happy Passover!
    I seem to have been busy this past week, I didn't get on the computer all week.
    Irene-I am glad your Dr. visit went well and that you are feeling better.
    Ed-You seem to be enjoying your work. I hope Dinah's check-up went well.
    Vix-All the trees are starting to bud or flower and they look amazing. Sadly the squirrels ate all my tulip bulbs. I am going to search for plants that they don't like from now on.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning.
    That's a shame about your tulip bulbs, Jo. I didn't know squirrels ate them. They bloom later here. Our flowers are looking especially full and pretty this year.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    We didn't get the rain yesterday, so it was a nice day, and we spent some more time with family.
    It's currently 43F, mostly sunny a little windier than usual, partly cloudy. High 53F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Looks like it's going to stay on the cooler side for a few days before it gets hot again.
    m7toqixul3ek.png
    Wishing everyone a happy holiday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 15 foggy degrees with an expected high of 25 under cloudy skies with 93% chance of rain.

I need to get the ham in the oven in a few hours, and make potato salad and other sides. I plan to make a broccoli gratin and some baked beans to go with the ham and potato salad. And, of course, deviled eggs, or stuffed eggs as J's maternal grandmother would have called them. We'll see what actually ends up on the table. LOL.

Happy Holiday, whatever you celebrate! The Easter Bunny seems to have visited here.

s3jvpe8rq2la.png

• parityanimal
    The final menu for my Easter dinner.

Deviled eggs (not pictured, eaten as an appetizer while the rest of the baked food was finishing up in the oven.)

Baked ham. Not glazed, not spiral sliced, nothing fancy, Just baked ham.

Potato salad. I made it a bit saltier than I intended, but not egregiously so, and it was good.

Baked beans. Could have been a bit more spice heat, but again, fine the way they came out.

Broccoli Cheddar Gratin. This came out quite nicely.

Bella Dama Pinot Noir to wash it down.

Dove dark chocolate Easter bunny ears for my dessert.

o1l5ldo4icao.png

75q18ly5j6df.png

t42uwy86h9p6.png

mggwci1lpchw.png

kdazd81aj49j.png

6nley7pjcdy2.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 cloudy degrees with an expected high of 18 under mostly sunny skies and 38% chance of rain that could include a thunderstorm.

Ham and eggs, of course, for breakfast. There will be leftovers in general for lunch.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, very nice looking dinner, and I love Dove dark chocolate. ;)
    I made hot and sour soup last night. It was delicious. I substituted dried shitake mushrooms for dried wood ear mushrooms, and trimmed rib eye beef for the pork. Fairly easy recipe, but a lot of chopping involved. Looking forward to leftover soup for lunch.
    It's currently 42F, rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain for the afternoon. High near 44F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 3) with an expected high of 17 under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain. We should have a new, adjustable position, mattress and base delivered this afternoon with new pillows. I know J, especially, is looking forward to it. I had my doubts about whether we would actually use the adjustable position until the sales person demonstrated the "zero gravity" position with the feet and head just slightly elevated and it was so comfortable!

I finished up my testing on one product yesterday and the client is testing this week on their system. With any luck, we can call that one done and move on to the next project.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I have an adjustable bed like that in my guest bedroom. It's comfortable, and great if you're not feeling well. Hubs and I are such different sizes, I don't think it would work as our regular bed unless each side could adjust separately. Congrats on finishing your testing. :)
    It's currently 39F, partly (mostly) cloudy. Gusty winds during the afternoon. High 49F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    I may drop off some books at the library today, and I need to do some organizing around the house.
    Wishing all a delightful day. 🪁
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we have an adjustable bed we love it
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 5 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 22 and 1% chance of rain.

The adjustable bed base, and new mattress arrived in good order and right on time. We tried out the "zero gravity" setting after delivery, just lying there and talking, to see how it felt, but I opted to sleep go to sleep the first night on flat mode. J had the option of changing it to "zero gravity" on coming to bed, as I had made it clear that I wouldn't mind, but I woke up still in flat mode.

I got another project's final pre-installation testing finished up yesterday so if it wasn't installed for the client yesterday afternoon, it will be this morning.

And I spent some time updating, and cleaning up, documentation on the testing. Well, another work day looms. And our garbage and recycle bins are at the curb for emptying into the trucks.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Ed, congrats on finishing another project, and I hope you enjoyed your new bed. I actually was having trouble sleeping last night and ended up in my guest bed. It is very comfortable, even flat.
    We have recycling this morning, I hear them out there now.
    I am going for my 2nd booster shot this morning, and will drop off some books at the library (which I didn't do yesterday). Also need to pick up a few things at the grocery store. I want to make the hot and sour soup again soon. We had a pasta and veggie dish last night. I haven't much pasta in the last several years, I really enjoy it.
    It's currently 40F, sunny. High 59F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. It might be a good day to sit outside later.
    Wishing everyone an easy day. 🌞🌺
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 13 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 2% chance of rain.

I tried sleeping with the "zero gravity" position of the bed last night but my feet felt too high, so I flattened the foot of the bed and left the head a bit elevated and that seemed all right. I will ease into other positions and may eventually get back to zero gravity. Maybe with a nap sometime.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, it always takes a little while to get used to a new bed. Mattress shopping is hard, I guess that's why I'm putting it off. You can't really tell how it'll feel overnight by a few minutes of testing it out in the store. With my fibromyalgia, sometimes it's hard to tell if the surface is soft or firm. I have to make sure I go on a good day. :smirk:
    I am really achy after the booster shot yesterday. Guess I needed it.
    We had grilled cod for dinner last night. Delicious, healthy, and light.
    Keeping it simple today.
    It's currently 46F, a mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High 64F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    I sat out on my porch for a little while yesterday, enjoying the warmish weather and sunshine.
    The week is flying by again.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Thursday. 🌸🌺🌷
  • IreneMurman
    good morning
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! You sure were up early, Irene.

We have 12 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 27 and 3% chance of rain.

The dishwasher is running, so I'll have the clean dishes to put away later. Last night we ordered in Chinese food, so we have leftovers for lunch today. I may have enough leftovers for supper too. After eating the egg roll I only ate a small amount of my chicken chow mein with pork fried rice. Then we had some popcorn while watching the tube.

Getting ready for the weekend!

11ke1g4ec0yf.png