Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited May 2022
    ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡ May is here!
    good morning
    Ed, yum, pizza! Stroganoff sounds good too. We had grilled cod last night, with veggies.
    Was nice to see the little ones yesterday.
    It's currently 45F and cloudy, supposed to get a steady rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High 66F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ๐Ÿ•Š
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 26 and 41% chance of rain.

I may get out to a grocery for a couple of items I forgot yesterday, since I had not put them on my list.

Having a list is great, but if I don't put stuff on it I won't remember! And I was never very good about going (with no list) just to buy one thing. I would get there and, having forgotten what the one thing was, would wander the store trying to remember and happening to notice several other things that I thought I might need, and ending up back home with several bags of groceries, but NOT the one thing I had gone for. So I have used a list now for years.

Well, time to refill my mug of tea.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected steamy high of 30 under partly cloudy skies with 15% chance of rain.

New product updates to test at work.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    its raining here. Getting ready to get on the treadmill have a great day
  • eku0
    good morning
    Gorgeous weather here today! It's currently 55F and sunny, partly cloudy. High 76F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I am planning to meet a friend today, most likely out for a walk. It's her birthday, and I haven't seen her in a long time. It'll be nice.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one. ๐ŸŒž
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 30 under partly cloudy skies and 6% chance of rain.

There is still a lot of testing to get done. Some of the updates I was testing yesterday weren't quite working as expected and, working closely with the programmer, we determined that a couple of configuration settings that were supposed to be independent were actually being conflated in some old code. The programmer hadn't considered that possibility when updating, and to be fair the particular problem was occurring before his updates, though he thought his updates were going to fix that. My testing included various combinations of configuration settings and we found the issue after exhausting all other possibilities and comparing my config settings with his.

So it was a good day. There are a few other things I have left to work on and those two tickets will be coming back to me after he does some more work on that project. It has been a mess for a long time, though limping along, and he is one of the programmers re-working it to make it less of a mess.

• eku0
    good morning
    That's tedious but rewarding work, Ed. Always good to get the bugs out. They can be sneaky little devils.
    It was really nice seeing my friend yesterday. We walked around the park, and then came back to my house and continued talking out on the deck. The weather was perfect, just a beautiful, sunny, Spring day.
    It's currently 52F, generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 72F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
    No special plans for today. Might start looking through things to see what I want to take with me on vacation next week.
    Wishing all a delightful day. ๐ŸŒบ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. As Snoopy wrote, "It was a dark and stormy night." And now it's wonderful, wet, Wednesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) degrees and another thunderstorm just rolled through. We are expecting a partly cloudy high of 29 with 100% chance of rain, which I can definitely verify.

More testing today.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    yesterday we had a lot of rain in the morning but got nice in the afternoon. Today it rained for a little while but it looks like it is going to be nice out.
    Jo how are you doing on ns.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    Hi all,
    My post from earlier disappeared again.
    Yesterday was mostly cloudy and it rained overnight. Electricity flickered off for a moment while we were sleeping, so had to reset all the clocks this a.m. It was 55F and raining earlier, now 68F. Mostly cloudy for the day. High 76F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    I started looking through my clothes yesterday. After 2 years of not really going anywhere or buying much, my clothes look dull and frumpy to me. I guess I'll just throw some jeans (and my new hiking pants) and shirts and a sweater or 2 in my suitcase and not worry about it. We don't have to get dressed up for anything on vacation. Maybe I'll go through everything when we get back and see what I can donate or toss.
    Wishing everyone an easy midweek. ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Nothing much going on here. We went and got our 2nd booster shot last Friday. One of the depts. in our store has 4 people out with Covoid, 2 of which are not vaccinated. I am still wearing my mask at work and if I go into a crowded place.
    Irene-I delayed my NS order until June. I had not lost any weight for about a month and thought I needed to take a break.
    Vix-Enjoy your vacation. We postponed our trip until the fall.
    Hi Ed-I also make a list when I go to the grocery store.
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Great to hear from you, Joanne.

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected toasty high of 31 under partly cloudy skies and 7% chance of rain.

Plenty of testing to do today. I made a couple of large tables with the results of yesterday's testing, to help the programmer see exactly what happens with each of multiple combinations of the two configuration fields that are getting entangled when the program runs. Today I have to test with a different type of data item, and get started on writing some testing programs to speed up the retesting process, as this will need regression testing in the future.

Should be a busy day!

• eku0
    Good morning
    Sounds like a busy day, Ed. Good luck with all that.
    Jo, it's so good to hear from you. Glad you're ok, WTG on getting booster 2. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'm the same, wear a mask indoors around people. I don't know why some people are so resistant to getting a vaccine. I'll be masking up in the airport and on the airplane and anywhere else that's full of people!
    We were supposed to take almost this same trip in May 2020 (which we cancelled). Hopefully we have enough immunity now. I always get nervous before travelling. It'll probably do us some good to get out in nature and away from it all.
    It's currently 57F with cloudy skies. High 68F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday.
    ez0yevx9f5lc.png
  • parityanimal
    I was going to make some barbecue for my Thursday supper, but Edweirdo...I mean Eduardo had other ideas.

Boneless country style pork ribs, cooked in a mushroom and Marsala wine gravy, with cornbread dressing on the side, and some nice, seasoned baby Lima beans.

A pina colada margarita flavored wine to wash it down, which was my bow to Cinco de Mayo.

J will be having eggs, maybe some leftover refried beans from Taco Tuesday, and some salsa for the holiday.

fb2dcmzj051e.png

5f21f5s70n6y.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 21 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 24 and 80% chance of rain that could include strong thunderstorms and high winds.

Lots to do at work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    That looks like a very filling meal, Ed. We made a heavy meal last night, chick pea pasta, vegetable, and turkey bake. It's yummy, but my scale is not happy.
    Our trash was picked up early, very gray outside. It's currently 56F and raining, thunder possible. High 59F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. . 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. We've got a flood warning.
    I will probably add some color to my hair today. No need to go anywhere that I can think of at the moment.
    Wishing everyone an easy Friday. โ˜‚
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: ยป
    good morning
    That looks like a very filling meal, Ed. We made a heavy meal last night, chick pea pasta, vegetable, and turkey bake. It's yummy, but my scale is not happy.
    Our trash was picked up early, very gray outside. It's currently 56F and raining, thunder possible. High 59F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. . 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. We've got a flood warning.
    I will probably add some color to my hair today. No need to go anywhere that I can think of at the moment.
    Wishing everyone an easy Friday. โ˜‚

It was nice. I usually serve in a soup/salad plate so it looks like more than it really is, to fool myself. But still, it was a very satisfying meal. Two reasonable pieces of boneless rib, about half a cup of dressing, some gravy, and a nice serving of the beans. And two or three meals will come from the leftovers!
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I can see it's a small plate, but it does look satisfying. I have actually gained some weight back and am having a hard time keeping my portions smaller. Maybe I'll get back into it after vacay. I always get nervous before traveling.
    It's still raining here, currently 49F, cloudy with periods of rain today. High near 50F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. We're under a flood warning til around noon today. I just have to go out and pick up a few things for our family get together.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday. โ˜‚
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We currently have 15 cloudy degrees with a cooler, partly cloudy high of 20 expected and 4% chance of rain.

Breakfast was my third plate of the pork and dressing. There is one plate left which should make a lovely lunch. I am really glad that Eduardo had that idea for the pork as I have really been enjoying the results. I guess I should be pondering what to thaw next. I think there is a piece of salmon in the kitchen freezer, and I know there are some individually wrapped breakfast size pork chops too. And there is some thin sliced beef for carne picada, a chuck roast, and two different kinds of steak out in the garage freezer.

But I may just leave all that in place, and buy something fresh as I do intend to get out to the grocery today, or possibly tomorrow, but I'd rather do that today.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's still overcast here, currently 44F, cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 53F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'll probably start getting my things together today, make some lists, pick up any last minute items.
    d878wkl308pn.png