Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    You are busy at work, Ed, that's good.
    We saw the grandchildren for a little while yesterday, keeps me going. The baby is sitting up now, trying to stand, and surprised me by clapping her hands. Our grandson is in the stage where he is asking 'why' about everything. We had a foam sword fight. :wink:
    It's completely overcast today, and has cooled off. It's currently 58F. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 62F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm thinking I may make some coleslaw today, bake up some tofu bites, I'm still feeling really tired and achy.
    Wishing everyone a productive Tuesday. ☁☂
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 83% chance of rain. We can use the rain so I won't complain. More rain is expected tomorrow as well.

More testing of configurations for today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    our weather has gotten colder only 52 this morning.
    sending prayers for the children and their families inTexas
  • eku0
    edited May 2022
    good morning
    We need to vote to get better gun laws. The news is sad beyond words. :heartbreak: There are approximately 393 million guns owned privately in the USA, more than one for every man, woman and child, these are in about 40 per cent of US households. According to a Johns Hopkins study "An estimated 26% of Americans ages 18 and older -- about 1 in 4 adults -- suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year." Recipe for disaster. Prayer is kind, but action is needed.

It's currently 60F and gray outside. Mostly cloudy skies. High 71F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Here's to better days. 🌎☮
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (C) cloudy degrees and an expected cloudy high of only 22 with 96% chance of rain that could include some thundershowers.

Breakfast was sausage links and freshly made whole grain power protein flapjacks, from the Kodiak Cakes no sugar added mix.

Well, another day of work looms.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, flapjacks sound really good this morning. :wink:
    I have an appt with the ortho PA in a little while, no other plans for the day. I met up with a friend yesterday, that was really fun.
    It's currently partly sunny and 60F. Generally cloudy today. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 72F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Thursday already. Wishing everyone a good day. 🌥🌺🌷
  • eku0
    good morning
    I have a followup with an orthopedic Dr. in 5 weeks. Some of my numbers were a little off, and I will need to get new blood tests in a month. So I will be more careful about my diet, and see if things fall back into place. I'm also going to make an appt for a massage. I haven't had one in a really long time, and I think it may help.
    It's currently 67F, totally overcast, a little foggy. Potential for severe thunderstorms today. High 73F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. We're also under a tornado watch through the afternoon.
    No special plans for today. I didn't sleep much last night, grabbed a few winks here and there, so will try to relax and chill.
    It's Friday! Yay, Weekend! 🌩🌪🤪
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We currently have 18 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 26 and 5% chance of rain.

More testing today, of course, and I'm working on setting up another virtual test site. I will probably have to get some help with the finalization of that test site, as I can't seem to get to it correctly from outside the test environment, and that will be necessary for proper testing.

Breakfast was some buttered grits, and a couple of small air fried boneless skinless chicken thighs. That's a lot of adjectives there!

• eku0
    edited May 2022
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like you're busy. We had grilled skinless, boneless chicken thighs last night. They are very tasty.
    My regular massage therapist is going on vacation, so I made an appt with her for 2 weeks from now, but I had a gift certificate for a massage somewhere else. I lucked out and was able to get an appt for yesterday afternoon. It was very nice and much needed. I got 45 minutes of Swedish massage and 15 minutes of reflexology. So relaxing. I'm still feeling like kind of an achy mess, and I'm thinking I should probably get back to my regular massages every 2 weeks. I think it really helps overall.
    We had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and more later last night, but it looks mostly sunny this mornng. It's currently 64F. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 78F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Saturday, and a pleasant Memorial Day weekend. 💐☮

P.S. If you're interested, Moms Demanding Action (against gun violence) is getting matching funds from Mike Bloomberg through 5/31 on donations. It's part of/affiliated with Everytown for Gun Safety.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday!

We have 19 (C) sunny degrees right now with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 2% chance of rain.

I need to get out for a few grocery items today, and maybe water the container garden this evening. The gardenias are blooming just outside the front door and it smells marvelous out there.

• parityanimal
    Dinah helping me make some room in an old cabinet.

And Buttons, in the role of the beautiful model helping with the display of our sexy new stainless steel cooking set, bought on sale last night at BB&B for $50, discounted from the supposed regular price of $120.

v46flj9qpdmd.png

0xta0zjzskmm.png
  • eku0
    edited May 2022
    good morning
    Cute cat pix, Ed. I like your new cooking set too. I love having the glass lids.
    I saw the grandchildren for a little while yesterday. It always makes my day. Watched my grandson in his gymnastics class, so funny, he has so much unbridled energy!
    It will be getting hot over the next few days, but is nice for now. It's currently 64F and mostly sunny. Sun and clouds mixed. High 81F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing everyone a peaceful and sweet Sunday. 💐
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunny Sunday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees already, with an expected hot high of 30 under mostly sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

Nothing critical on the agenda, though watering the container garden will probably happen tonight.

The glass lids is one reason I chose that particular set, not even knowing it was on sale for such a great price. So many stainless sets have stainless lids, but I prefer being able to see what's happening under the lid, usually. I have glass lids for most af my cast iron frying pans, but the cast iron sauce and soup pans have cast iron lids, and, of course, the Dutch ovens, though I MAY have a glass lid that would fit the smaller cast iron Dutch oven. I don't use the cast iron sauce pans, soup pans, or Dutch ovens much anyway, other than one small one that is perfect for rice, and one fairly large soup pot for the occasional large pot of soup or stew, if I'm not using a slow cooker for it.

I should probably go through my cookware and re-home some pieces that I literally never use, either to family or to a charity.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I need to go through a lot of things too. Don't know how it all accumulates. I'm glad the charities have pick up service!
    I spent a nice couple of hours with my daughter and played with the grandchildren yesterday. ❤
    No special plans for today.
    It's going to be a hot one, currently 63F and sunny. Partly cloudy expected. High 89F. Winds light and variable. There might be a meteor shower tonight. I hope I remember to look!
    On this Memorial Day, in honor of those who served
    w1j7phuk2a58.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (C) partly cloudy degrees with a steamy high of 31 expected under mostly sunny skies and 24% chance of rain.

There is a Memorial Day pool party scheduled for this afternoon, with about 40 people signed up. I'm not sure if I am going or not, but don't think I am making any baked beans for this one regardless. I'm sure there will be plenty of food with or without the beans, and, of course, with or without me present to keep the food organized. Chaos on the food tables might be fun.

Two of my friends in the group have passed on since last summer, both from different forms of cancer, and they will be sorely missed.

• parityanimal
    edited May 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (C) clear degrees with an expected high of 31 under mostly sunny skies and 3% chance of rain.

We went to the pool party yesterday and over 60 others did as well. I had a lovely time. I met some new people who seemed very nice and spent time chatting with old friends. There were far too many desserts, but plenty of sides as well. If anyone went home hungry it was their own fault.

My social battery was thoroughly drained by the end, when the rain started. We came home and I got to bed rather late. I did not stay up to look for the meteor shower and don't know whether J did.

I need to drop my van off this morning for some work and will either walk home (not terribly likely) or call for an uber or lyft driver.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like you enjoyed the party. Always nice to meet up with old friends and new.
    I went to bed at my usual time around 11-11:30 and woke up about 2 a.m. I went out on the deck to check for meteors, and stayed out a while, but didn't see any. I missed the peak 1a.m. time. There's always the Perseid meteor showers coming up in August.
    It's currently 78F and sunny. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. Near record high temperatures. High 93F. Winds light and variable.
    Good day to stay in the AC! 🌞🌡
  • eku0
    edited June 2022
    good morning
    Another new month. I am tired. I can't seem to get a handle on my diet. I think I have mental fatigue from dieting. The weight comes back on so much easier than it comes off. Sigh.
    It's going to be another hot one here. Currently 70F and hazy/sunny. A mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 92F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    I need to motivate myself to do something. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a whimsical Wednesday. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

19 (C) here with sunny skies and an expected steamy high of 33 and 6% chance of rain.

As always, more testing going on.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It is cloudy and 57 degrees, a nice change from the hot weather we have been having.
    I am off today and have absolutely nothing planned. :)
    Vix-I hear you about the weight being easy to gain, but twice as hard to lose.
    I have been yo-yoing up and down for the last few months. I stopped NS for 2 months and am now giving it one more try.
    We have finally nailed down a time for out trip to England to see my son. We will be going in Sept.
    Enjoy your day. :)