Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited June 2022
    good morning
    Irene, nice to have your carpet refreshed, bet it feels almost like new. It'll be nice to get your pool opened up now that the hot weather is rolling in.
    Hi Ed, and Jo. Has anyone heard from Jan or Val? Lots of crazy weather in the South.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Really looking forward to it, and getting my regular massages scheduled again.
    It's currently 53F, mostly sunny, partly cloudy. High near 80F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Last day of the work week. Yay weekend! 🌞🍺🍹🤸‍♀️
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of rain.

I'm doing another half day today and then it's the weekend!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, nice that you only had to work half a day. Have fun with your company.
    Enjoyed the massage yesterday, felt better for a little while.
    It's raining this a.m. and a little cooler.
    Currently 62F, Rain early, then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High around 70F. Winds light and variable.
    The summer carnivals are starting around here. There were fireworks last night.
    I am still rather achy, so will go with the flow and see what the day brings. May bake some tofu bites.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy Weekend! ☂🥂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees and an expected high of 31 under partly cloudy skies with 8% chance of rain.

I need to get to the grocery at some point on the weekend for a few things, but the world won't end if that doesn't happen.

Indian food last night, and we deliberately overbought so plenty of leftovers to cover lunch today and probably another meal too.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    ods993ldg33o.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, Indian food is really nice and tasty. I know you enjoyed that!
    We had an unexpectedly great day yesterday. Stopped by to see the grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law for about an hour in the morning. The little ones are both feeling better.
    The rain stopped and we went to meet our son and daughter-in-law at Lakefest in Columbia MD. It was a nice little arts fair, and they had some pretty good live music. So we had a nice cultural outing and saw the whole family over the day. :)
    It's currently 61F, already had some thunder storms this morning to wake me up. Light rain to continue this morning. Scattered thunderstorms for the afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High near 80F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. 🌺
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sizzling Sunday!

Currently it's 23 (Celsius) fair degrees with a scorching high of 34 expected along with partly cloudy skies and 2% chance of rain.

Nothing critical on today's agenda. And with the expected heat, sounds like a good day to stay mostly inside.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I got to sleep in this morning until 5. I am usually awake at 3:30. We went strawberry picking this morning and then to a local farmer's market. It was nice and sunny with a breeze. It is currently overcast and we are expecting rain anytime now. The rain will save me from watering my plants today and the lawn really needs a good soaking.
    We have a humming bird that has been coming to our feeder every day early in the morning and late in the afternoon.
    Sophie has been busy catching chipmunks. She brought 2 into the house, luckily we were able to shoo them out the door quickly. I am so glad that she doesn't kill them.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Stay cool, Ed!
    Jo, I used to get up at 4:15 when I was working. It took me a couple of years to be able to sleep later. Strawberry picking and farmer's market sounds like fun. I love humming birds. They like some of our flowers. I suppose Sophie is getting her exercise, I'm glad she's somewhat gentle and that you can easily shoo them out of your house. We have a couple of chipmunks that live in our umbrella stand on the patio. (or maybe they just store their stolen sunflower seeds there!) They seem like friendly little critters.
    We saw the little ones for a little while yesterday afternoon. It always makes my day. <3
    It's currently 70F, cloudy, a little misty. Scattered thunderstorms are expected during the morning. Partly cloudy skies this afternoon. High near 90F. Winds light and variable.
    I have a PT appt this morning, and may tune into a zoom report on fighting inflammation later.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. 🌻🍓☂
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Joanne, I'm glad you were able to shoo the chipmunks out without too much trouble.

We have a warm 23 (C) sunny degrees with a sizzling high of 35 expected under partly cloudy skies, and we are expecting similar highs for the whole work week . We have to take our guest back to the MARTA station this afternoon so she can take the train to the airport and fly back to Pittsburgh where I am sure her husband and their cats are waiting to see her.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 25 (Celsius) sunny degrees now and a steamy, mostly sunny high of 36 expected with 15% chance of rain.

Work awaits.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    What a beautiful morning. It is currently 64 and I have been sitting out on my deck enjoying it.
    Yesterday I made strawberry jam with some of the strawberries. I use a small batch recipe, enough to fill 2 small jars. I usually give one to my co-worker. He eats PB&J every day for lunch.
    Now I have to think about getting ready for work.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    hi,
    earlier post didn't take again. hmmm.
    Jo, glad you're enjoying the beautiful weather. The strawberry jam sounds yummy.
    Ed, that's hot! Keep cool, man.
    Hi Irene.
    Saw my GP yesterday, I wanted to check for an infection. He took a test and sent it to the lab, but looks negative on quick test, so that's good.
    It's currently 73F here and overcast. We had more rain overnight. Scattered thunderstorms possible. Cloudy skies this afternoon. High near 80F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I had a zoom meeting with my dietitian this morning. Good reminders. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a tranquil Tuesday. ☁☂🌷
  • eku0
    good morning
    The sun is currently shining. No special plans for today. It rained again overnight.
    It's currently 65F and sunny. A mix of clouds and sun expected for the day. High 89F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a merry midweek. 🐫🐫🐫🌞🌤
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 26 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 37 (that's human body temperature!) under partly cloudy skies and 58% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. It's only mid-June. If this keeps up, I shudder to think what August might be like.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    went for lunch with some of my girlfriends really nice time.
    we finally got the pool opened.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected high of 36 under mostly sunny skies and 15% chance of rain. Another hot one!

I flushed the AC drain this morning and watered our container garden, taking advantage of the cooler morning temperature.

I need to get out to the grocery soon and may pop out at lunchtime today to grab a few things.

• eku0
    good morning
    Great that you've got your pool up and running, Irene. The heat has definitely moved in.
    Ed, stay cool. Not quite as hot here at the moment, but more than enough for me. So glad we have AC!
    Our housecleaner is coming today, so did a little decluttering and I'll get the bath linen in the wash.
    It rained a bit again last night, and is mostly cloudy and a bit windy this morning, but the sun is just peekng out.
    It's currently 74F, cloudy skies this morning followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 88F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a thin-ny Thursday. :wink: :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Today will be a hot one. Currently 72F and sunny. High 93F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    I will probably go to the library, maybe take care of a couple of other errands. Have some paperwork to do at home.
    Stay cool, everyone. 🥒🍦🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 25 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 36 under partly cloudy skies and 36% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

Yesterday we did get a little rain in the evening. It started while I was in Publix, doing my modern hunting and gathering, and I stepped out into a rainy sauna! I came home and made a fairly simple cheesy hash brown casserole for dinner.

J got a lot of programming done yesterday on a project that may be ready for me to do regression testing on today.