Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,323 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees now with an expected high of 33 under partly cloudy skies and 51% chance of rain that could, of course, include thundershowers.

The party was nice. My baked beans were popular, but I have some leftover in the refrigerator. We may eat that today or I may save it for tomorrow.

I need to get out to the grocery this morning if the weather permits.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    We had a couple of small t-storms move through yesterday, and some rain overnight, overcast here too.
    Jo, have fun picking blueberries, yum! What a great gift from your daughter, exercise and flowers! :)
    Ed, pool party sounds like fun. That's a lot of stuff that goes into your beans! Beans are very good for you, lots of fiber, some protein, and vitamins and minerals. All those spices are good for you too.
    I ran some errands yesterday, picked up a book from the library and some wine (we were running low).
    Will probably see the grandchildren today, and may babysit for the littlest one tonight while my daughter and son-in-law take our grandson to see the fireworks.
    Hi Irene. Has anyone heard from Jan or Val?
    It's currently 72F, partly (mostly) cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 87F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. 🥂☮
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Happy Independence Day!

We have 24 partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 32 under partly cloudy skies and 66% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I have some cooked, shredded chicken I intend to make barbecue sauce for, and I plan to make some baked barbecue tofu for J. Potato salad, deviled eggs, and the leftover baked beans will complete the holiday fare. We have pecan pie for dessert.

I heard a lot of fireworks last night, and a few the night before. I expect to hear still more tonight. The cats don't like that.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    happy 4th everyone
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Ed, that sounds like a great holiday bbq menu.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    We ended up going to a pool party yesterday. Mostly our daughter's friends and their little ones and a couple that we hang out with. It was really fun. I haven't seen most of them in a long time, and it was great seeing all the babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Babysat for both GCs last night, they both conked out after their busy day.
    It's currently 73F, sunny. High 87F. Winds light and variable.

ft3uf35mb36y.png
    Independence Day. Celebrating democracy. Wishing all a sweet day off.
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    The holiday meal for Independence Day.

Potato salad (from Kroger, Egg Mustard AND Southern style), my home-made baked beans, homemade deviled eggs, and some shredded white meat chicken with my home-made spicy barbecue sauce.

It's not pictured, but I made baked, barbecue sauced tofu for J to have for the main protein.

But with the deviled eggs and the baked beans, there was plenty of protein to go around anyway.

tudnjl2uaqem.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 41% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

We had thunder and fireworks sounds last night. The cats were not thrilled.

Back to work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, we had some instant pot chicken and vegetable fried rice last night. It was mushier than fried rice, but tasted about the same, so that was good.
    It's currently 73F, partly (mostly) cloudy this morning with thunderstorms becoming likely this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 87F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. I had the windows open this morning for a little while before it started to heat up. Always good to get some fresh air in.
    Going with the flow today.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant short work week. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 34 under mostly sunny skies and 34% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

We finished off holiday leftovers yesterday for lunch and ordered in Mexican for "Taco Tuesday" dinner though neither of us actually got tacos.

Breakfast was some cheddar cheese grits and some eggs.

Some tricky testing to be done today at work.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we have been enjoying the warmer weather more pool time.
    hope everyone is doing good
  • eku0
    good morning
    Glad you're enjoying the pool, Irene.
    Good luck with the tricky testing, Ed.
    Jo, hope you're not working too hard.
    I'll be trying to figure out paint colors for our house today.
    It's currently 78F, partly (mostly) cloudy skies this morning. Thunderstorms likely during the afternoon. High 88F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a witty Wednesday. 🌂
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    I have the day off today from work, but not home. I have washed the kitchen and bathroom floors, vacuumed the living room, cleaned the refrigerator top to bottom and made a coffee cake. As soon as I get dressed I have errands to run. No rest for the wicked! ;)
    Sounds like everyone had a good 4th. Our pizza on the grill turned out very good.
    No word on Jan or Val in a long time.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 34 under partly cloudy skies and 46% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

Plenty to do at work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like work is keeping you busy.
    Jo, you're like the energizer bunny! Glad the pizza turned out well, sounds delicious.
    It's currently 69F here, overcast. Rain showers this morning with overcast skies during the afternoon hours. High 81F. Winds light and variable.
    I have a regular scheduled dentist appt this morning, and will probably go to early voting in the primary after. Busy morning.
    Wishing all a pleasant day. 🌼☂
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo did you go by a recipe ? I just got new grilling pans and I think I would like to try it.
    Looks like it is going to rain here all day.
    Hi Ed and Vix
    take care
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Waking up too early!!!
    Happy Birthday, Jan! 🎈🎂
    It's currently 68F, mostly cloudy, foggy, drizzly. High 87, winds light and variable. Maybe t-storms this evening, and more rain overnight.
    I have a massage scheduled for later this morning, and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a felicitous Friday. Yay weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected mostly sunny high of 35 and 38% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. Sounds like a typical July day I guess.

Another busy day at work ahead. And maybe we can go out for dinner tonight.

Of course I have to remind Buttons that I need my chair in order to work...

nd16pqm7zrj1.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    happy Friday no big plans for today need to get cash from the bank and pick up a few groceries .
    Ed Buttons is so cute
  • IreneMurman
    good morning! Happy Saturday
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees now with an expected cloudy high of 34 and 83% chance of rain that may include strong thunderstorms.

Last night, shortly after I laid down to sleep, some loud storms came through and the power went out for about an hour and 40 minutes. I managed to drift off to sleep eventually and took care of resetting the microwave and stove clocks when I got up this morning. The power coming back on woke me briefly, but I got back to sleep pretty easily.

It's really dark out there now, and raining. I need to get to the store today but will wait until a bit later. The rain is predicted to end about 9:15 or so but we'll see, I guess.

In a pinch, I could order Instacart delivery.