Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    Cooler today, currently sunny and a breezy 65F. Partly cloudy expected for the day. High 72F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.
    May stop over to see the GCs today.
    Wishing all a happy Saturday, happy weekend!
    🌞🤸‍♀️🥂
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    edited June 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 33 and 1% chance of rain.

Still awfully hot, but mercifully a bit cooler than it has been all week. We had a brief thunderstorm yesterday evening with everything. Wind, but not too much, heavy rain, and even some hail, but only for a short time, with fairly small hail stones. It was interesting and somewhat disturbing for the cats.

Today there is a pool party celebrating Pride month. I may bring SOMETHING but haven't decided for sure.

J rarely eats much at parties, and I have to watch what I eat. Both of us have colonoscopies scheduled for next week. His on Monday, mine on Thursday. So they want us on low-residue foods. Low fiber, no nuts, seeds, corn, beans, whole grains, raw vegetables, no fruit...you know basically not much in the way of fun foods! Not to mention none of the stuff we are normally supposed to eat, because it's supposed to be good for us!

Last night I made some Asian style noodles from spaghetti, using vegetable broth, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster flavored sauce, sriracha, ketchup, tamarind sauce, and a little brown sugar. Then stirred in a couple of scrambled eggs and we had that for dinner. The prep sheet said we could have eggs and noodles, and such so my inner Eduardo got as creative as he could with the allowed foods list.

It turned out well, and made a tasty dinner, but would have been better with some nice fiber laden vegetables! LOL.

Later we had one Entenmann's chocolate cupcake each with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup left over from our friend's visit. She made some while here and didn't use it all.

I am sure I can find something to eat at the party.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    yesterday was hot 92 spend some time in the pool. take care
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, perfect way to spend a hot day.
    Ed, your Asian noodles sound good. I recently tried a recipe for hot and sour soup that was good too.
    Good luck to you and J with your upcoming procedures. The pool party sounds like fun, always good to celebrate!
    It's currently 60F, sunny and breezy. High 77F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Pretty much a perfect summer day.
    Happy Sunday!

cqbn4zwzgigh.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of only 31. Zero percent chance of rain.

I need to get out to the store this morning for a few things. Last night we stopped at Zaxby's to pick up supper after the pool party. J had the grilled cheese and some fries. I had a snack thing with three chicken fingers, toast, and a small order of fries. J will be on the clear liquids diet today, but I won't hit that until later in the week. I may pick up something for my lunch (and maybe dinner too) while out. I just have to remember to pass on the fruit, vegetables, and anything with much fiber. Joy!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy Father's Day!
    Ed-good luck to you and J on your upcoming procedures.
    Irene-Nice that you got the pool open, enjoy!
    Vix-yesterday was the perfect summer day.
    It is cool and rainy this morning. My daughter is running a 5k Father's day road race today.
    We are going to lunch at Mediterranean restaurant today.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 fair degrees with an expected high of 34 under partly cloudy skies and 1% chance of rain.

I am getting used to this new 32 inch curved monitor that I had delivered yesterday. It's certainly much easier to read!

I will be taking J to his colonoscopy shortly.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good luck to J today. A 32 inch monitor sounds sooooo big!!! Probably great for seeing small details.
    Jo, that's great that your daughter runs. Mediterranean food is delicious, sounds like a wonderful Father's Day.
    We're going to celebrate next week. We spent some time with my daughter and granddaughter yesterday, and time with our grandson the day before. Our son-in-law took our grandson to an Orioles game for Father's Day with his brother and his daughter (fun!). Our son and daughter-in-law were in Connecticut for a friend's memorial. It's so sad, so young, cause unknown.
    Today is another perfect summer day. I'm back from PT.
    It's currently 72F, sunshine and a few clouds. High 79F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. 🌼🌞
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Happy summer solstice!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 36 and 1% chance of rain.

J's results: Clean as a whistle! Check again in 10 years. He felt icky and gassy all afternoon and into the evening but seemed to feel a lot better by the later evening and is glad to have it all done. He remained awake through the procedure and the doctor explained all that was going on to him.

I'll have my procedure Thursday.

• eku0
    edited June 2022
    good morning
    Ed, glad J has a clean bill of health. Good that you're both getting checked.
    A gray and gloomy day here.
    I found out last night, my cousin in SF was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to her liver. She is a few months younger than me. I keep in touch with her brother. As they just got the news yesterday, they are all in shock. I am praying that some of the recent medical advances can help her.
    Sometimes there is just too much bad news.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 37 and 1% chance of rain.

I am on the final day of prep, so breakfast has been tea and a quart of beef broth, and some black coffee (with sweetener, but no cream - sob) will be the grand finale. I have a lovely bowl of lemon Jello waiting for my lunch, so I can pretend for a moment that I am not on a liquid diet, as the Jello is kind of solid. LOL. And I have some chicken broth if I want any supper.

Work is waiting.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed I had mine done in November I found the hardest part was the prep.
    Vix I am sorry to hear about your cousin sending prayers.
    Hi Jo
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good luck with final prep day, and your procedure tomorrow.
    I'm just back from my follow up blood tests. Nice to have a LabCorp 10 minutes from home.
    It's currently 76F, but feels cooler because there's no sun. Partly cloudy this morning with thunderstorms becoming likely this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 86F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings. Wishing all a whimsical Wednesday. 🐫😏😎🙃🤡
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (Celsius) clear degrees now with an expected high of 36 under partly cloudy skies and 15% chance of rain. We could certainly use the rain if it comes.

We'll see how much I get done this morning as far as work goes. I may be too ... busy ... in another room with the final prep for this afternoon's colonoscopy.

• eku0
    edited June 2022
    good morning
    Good luck today, Ed. Hope you get a clean bill of health too.
    It's a little cooler here today, currently 65F, totally overcast, and probably a light drizzle at the moment. We had some good t-storms last night. We needed the rain too. Rain showers this morning with overcast skies during the afternoon hours. High around 70F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph
    Someone's coming to look at our water heater today. The pressure in the system has been popping the hot water valve under the kitchen sink. We tried running all the faucets in the house which helped for a little while, but then it popped again, so time to call in the professionals.
    That's about it. I'll probably do some cleaning.
    Wishing everyone a good Thursday. 🌧☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 33 under partly cloudy skies and 41% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

They found 5 polyps in various sites in my innards and they have been sent off for further analysis. The polyps, not my innards. The procedure itself was not bad, as I was "napping" through it. The gas pains afterward were unpleasant though. Maybe worse than the prep, though it's always said that the prep is the worst part of the process.

Fortunately we got that all moving in the right direction after a bit, and I went home, ate a grilled cheese sandwich, and took a more normal nap with Dinah by my side for moral support. I was pretty wiped out for the evening, but took care of light chores such as watering the container garden and scooping the cat boxes. I told J he was on his own for supper so he chopped up some fresh bell peppers and jalapenos and had eggs scrambled with those, and with cheese and salsa on top. I just had a cheese and cracker snack and called it a night.

I feel much better his morning and I get to run by my endocrinologist's office to let the vampires draw some blood. I'm drinking my tea and will have my coffee black this morning, so should be prepared if they want a urinalysis as well. I skipped the tea and coffee yesterday so I am really enjoying my tea this morning.

And back to work after the lab visit and perhaps a well deserved Hardee's breakfast biscuit sandwich if the Hardee's near that office is open and traffic isn't too bad...

• eku0
    edited June 2022
    good morning
    Ed, hope the results are good and everything is benign. I'm sure having Dinah close is comforting.
    My blood tests from this week look more like my usual, so that's good.
    We got a new expansion tank on our water heater yesterday, and a new valve under our kitchen sink, so that's taken care of.
    I'll do a little more cleaning today, and I have a massage scheduled for noon, which is wonderful.
    It's currently 61F, cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 84F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing everyone a fun Friday. Yay, weekend! 🌤🥂
  • IreneMurman
    good morning
    Ed hope you get good results .
    need to do some grocery shopping but that's about all I have planned so far today,
    take care
  • eku0
    Irene and George!!!
    q15sgw19yjsc.png
    And happy birthday to George too!

• eku0
    good morning
    It's sunny and 64F, sun and clouds mixed today. High around 90F. Winds light and variable.
    I went out a little early this a.m. and saw a couple of the planets in alignment with the crescent moon. It was starting to get light, so I didn't see all of them.
    I need to pick up some salad ingredients at the grocery store today for our family get together tomorrow. And will babysit later tonight. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a delightful weekend. 🌞⛱🌼🏌️‍♂️