Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    we had a really warm day yesterday it hit 94 it was too hot today is going to be in the 80s so much better.
    take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    Irene, did you get your pool opened? That will be nice on the hot days.
    Jo, I was trying so hard not to let the weight creep back up, but didn't do very well. I have to get in the right mind set to try and revise my diet yet again. I'm so excited for you! Another trip to England! Yay! It'll be great for you to be able to spend some time with your son. :smiley:
    Ed, guess you're busy with work.
    The weather's cooling down a little today, but still hot. It's currently 69F. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 84F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I need to go to the post office today, and my housecleaner is coming. That's about it.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🌤⛅⛈☂
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,325 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (C) sunny degrees with an expected steamy high of 33 under mostly sunny skies and 22% chance of rain.

J's sister is here for a couple of days, so J took today off. I will still be working, though I could take the day off as well. But that will give them time they can spend alone together, which they don't get to do very often.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 20 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 29 under partly cloudy skies and 36% chance of rain that could include thunder and lightning. We had some thunder yesterday but not any significant rainfall.

I have some configuration to do on one of my test sites.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's really nice out this morning, kind of sunny with a soft breeze. Currently 68F. Clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. High 79F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. I will be going out shortly to enjoy the weather!
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌻
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday!

We have 22 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 1% chance of rain.

The first of our peppers and tomatoes are set, and we have some jalapenos that are ready to pick any time, but I want to wait a day or two to be sure they have achieved their full potential.

jf6xm774gxfm.png

bb266dgq3y9g.png

fiivvk2bowe5.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Wear orange this weekend to support gun control.
    Ed, your peppers and tomatoes look great!
    I was relieved last night when we heard from our son that he had returned to land. He's on a work trip and they were out at sea for about a week doing some testing. He said the trip was "bumpy" around the Keys. (We are not seafaring people!) 😂
    The weather looks like it's going to be beautiful around here for the next couple of days. I went for a little walk this a.m. to enjoy the weather.
    I'm starting PT again on Monday, I hope that helps.
    Our granddaughter had a fever yesterday, so we won't be seeing them for a few days. Although we'll probably get some e-face time. :smiley:
    It's currently 73F, abundant sunshine. High 83F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a fun weekend! 🌞⛵🚤🏖
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-I hope your granddaughter feels better soon. I hope the PT helps.
    Ed-Your peppers and tomatoes are father along than mine. I have a few flowers on my tomato plant and nothing on the pepper yet.
    Irene-I hope you got to enjoy your pool on those hot days.
    We have nothing planned for this weekend, just relaxing.
    Have a relaxing weekend. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, things bloom a little earlier south of you. I'm not growing any veggies, though I really should. Maybe next year, if I can do them in some pots. We've got tons of flowers blooming. It's gorgeous.
    The kids went for a short walk and stopped by yesterday, so we did see them for a little while. Sweet.
    I went for another little walk this morning. Going to try to add that back into my routine. It's another beautiful day.
    It's currently 57F and sunny. High 79F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 30 under partly cloudy skies and 4% chance of rain.

We went to an Orchid Society lunch and plant auction yesterday that ran rather long and exhausted both of us. J spent $343 on orchid plants, which we brought home and stashed in the kitchen temporarily while we rested a short time, and then we went out to try dining in a vegetarian Indian restaurant I had been wanting to try for a long time. We liked what we tried there, and I deliberately bought one extra dish that will be J's lunch today.

I need to do laundry today, and get out for cat food and groceries.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 cloudy degrees with an expected high of 28 under partly cloudy skies and 39% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I have some laundry to fold (and other laundry to get started in the washing machine) and plenty of work waiting for me on the business side too.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, that's a lot of orchids! Indian dinner sounds great too.
    I guess you may get a bit of rain from the tropical storm.
    It's currently 59F here, sun and clouds mixed. High 82F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'm off to PT in a few minutes.
    Wishing all a good new week. 🌸
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It is 77 here today. I just finished all my errands and housework and am now going to sit out on the deck and read.
    Vix-I hope your PT went well and you are not to sore from it.
    Ed-enjoy your orchid plants. I have had one for many years. I just put 3 ice cubes in the pot every Friday. I usually can get it to bloom every year by doing this.
    Hi Irene.
    I book our flight to London for Sept. this morning. Now just have to find a place to stay.
    Have a great week! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 30 under partly cloudy skies and 52% chance of rain that could include some thundershowers. Sounds a lot like yesterday! We did get some rain and one really loud boom of thunder yesterday late in the afternoon. I wouldn't object to more rain today, though the cats and I could live without the loud thunder.

A trip to London sounds fun, Joanne!

Working on some configuration at work this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, glad you got a chance to relax and read. My PT actually reduced the amount of exercise, apparently I was doing too much again and irritated my joints. This is very frustrating. I would like to be able to DO something to get rid of the pain, instead of waiting it out. I use a jigger to water my orchid once a week, it likes that, the ice cubes are a cool idea. (punny) So happy that you have booked your flight to London. September will be here before you know it.
    Ed, we're supposed to get rain later today. The thunder can be a bit much. It doesn't usually bother me unless it shakes the house. 😮
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 66F, cloudy with occasional rain during the afternoon. High 78F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a good day. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 20 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 67% chance of afternoon thundershowers. Sounds kind of familiar!

We have a friend from out of town arriving this afternoon, probably in the middle of a thundershower, and will presumably be picking her up at the Marta station around 3:30.

I may take some time off while she's here, on Thursday and/or Friday.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, how fun! Out of town guest and time off. :)
    We had a little rain yesterday afternoon. Probably about the same weather today.
    It's currently 69F, a mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 84F. Winds light and variable.
    Exchanged books at the library yesterday, and picked up a few things at the grocery store. No special plans for today.
    Wishing everyone a whimsical Wednesday. 🎈🎠🦄🌺
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 20 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees, expecting a partly cloudy high of 30 and 15% chance of rain.

We did get a little rain last night while we were out to dinner with our visitor. We had Thai food for dinner, and then stopped at Whole Wallet...er I mean Whole Foods on the way home for a few things. It started sprinkling just as we were pulling out of the parking lot, and we had rain for most of the way back.

It had clearly rained at our house as well, but it was very nice of Mother Nature to only rain on us while we were in the car, so we didn't get wet aside from a few drips from the trees we parked under at home.

I do plan some work this morning but may take time off later in the day. I had a couple of things I wanted to finish up.

• eku0
    good morning
    Enjoy your company, Ed. I love Thai food. We made turkey and veggie lasagna with lentil pasta last night. My scale is not happy, but yum.
    I'm just back from my short walk. Will probably do some cleaning today, and take some time to read outdoors, and the usual routine.
    I've scheduled a massage for tomorrow. Looking forward to that.
    It's currently 69F, sunny to partly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 78F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing everyone a smooth Thursday. 🍨🌺🌞
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    been busy last week we had our carpeting shampooed it looks so nice.
    our pool isn't opened let was going to do it today but we have rain maybe tomorrow
    take care