Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    thanks Vix
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,323 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 15% chance of rain. I think yesterday's hoped for rain passed us by. Guess I'll need to water the container garden this evening.

I need to get out for groceries. J may take his motorcycle out for a spin today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning peeps
    Currently 71F and sunny with a good breeze. Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    It was quiet babysitting last night, finished reading my book. The last 2 books I read were not what I would normally choose, but they were good. "The Shore" by Katie Runde (Seaside, NJ) and "Inheriting Edith" by Zoe Fishman (SagHarbor, NY). My next book is the new David Sedaris "Happy-Go-Lucky" so hopefully some good laughs in that one.
    Family get together for Father's Day today. It'll be great to see everyone. I'll be bringing a salad with lots of add ins, and I think they're planning crabs ( a Maryland thing I never really got into) and shrimp and festive picnic foods. Nice to kick back and relax with family.
    Wishing all a beautiful Sunday. Stay cool. 🌞🌼
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 34 under partly cloudy skies and 8% chance of rain. I had to water the container garden by hand yesterday as we got none of the storms or rain the night before, just a bit of thunder as it all rumbled past.

I got to the store yesterday, but need a few more things, so may get out again today, to a different grocery or two.

Right now, I'm enjoying my tea and my re-configured desktop layout. I bought a second huge monitor, that I set up Friday, after recovering from my Thursday procedure. The two biggest are directly connected to my personal computer, and the somewhat smaller monitor to the left is also mine but connected directly to my work computer. The two large, curved monitors are actually the same size but perspective in the photo makes the one on the right look wider.

I generally connect to the work computer from my home computer to avail myself of the larger work area during business hours but can also work without that in a pinch, using my monitor that's directly connected to the work notebook.

The relatively tiny screen on the desk is my Microsoft Surface 3 pad computer. It is a bit outdated, and I use it mostly to monitor the front door camera, but I can also use it for other purposes as desired.

6fwc6trtohwk.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy anniversary Irene and George!
    Vix-enjoy your father's day celebration.
    Ed-very impressive work station.
    It is currently 90 degrees. I just got back from picking raspberries and flowers at a local farm.
    I am now waiting for hubby to get back from his ride. He took his MG midget out for a spin.
    Have a great day!
  • eku0
    good morning all
    Nice looking office, Ed. Really big screens!!! Do you play piano?
    Jo, we had a very nice family day. Raspberries sound great, and flowers too! My brother had an old MG midget when he was a Sr. in high school. He had to jump start it all the time by pushing it down the hill. It was a cool little car, other than that.
    It's currently about 71F, showers and a possible thunderstorm during the morning will give way to partly cloudy skies this afternoon. High 82F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Another gray morning.
    I have a PT appt this morning and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing everyone a better week than the last one. 🦋🌻🌼☮
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 30 and 41% chance of rain that, as usual it seems, could include thundershowers and more than likely won't happen anyway. I will probably be watering the container garden again this evening.

I don't play the piano, per se, but can pick out some things on it. I had minimal lessons in college. J can play it a lot better but takes a long time to learn songs.

I have some pizza crust bits to scatter for the birds this morning. The cats may find it entertaining to watch the birds eat the bits of pizza crust.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    thanks Jo
    we have been spending a lot of time in the pool .Our weather has been in the 90s perfect for the pool.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 Celsius or 71 Fahrenheit partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 28 under partly cloudy skies and 52% chance of rain. I heard some thunder rumbling last night but nothing came of it. As always this time of year, that 52% chance of rain could include thundershowers, if it happens at all.

Plenty of stuff to work on today and I need to get the whites going in the washer.

• eku0
    good morning
    I was up around 4:30 this morning and was able to see Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn lined up. I think Mercury was too low to the horizon, houses and trees in the way here. Venus and Jupiter were the brightest. I'm glad I got to see them. :smiley:
    It's currently 59F, sunny to partly cloudy. High around 80F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Thinking about painting some of our rooms. We've been here 8 years. Might go check out some colors today. Will see how the day goes.
    Wishing all a good day. ☮🌞
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 57F, abundant sunshine expected today. High 87F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    The scheduling for my ortho appt for tomorrow got messed up, next available in mid August, so one less thing to do this week. I think I may be starting to feel better anyway.
    I need to exchange some books at the library this morning, routine exercise, some paperwork to catch up with.
    Wishing all a witty Wednesday. 🐫🦉🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 29 and 52% chance of rain that, as usual, could include some thundershowers.

Oddly, the scheduling for my Endocrinologist got messed up, as I was supposed to have an appointment for Friday, at 9, but when they called with my lab results they wanted me to make an appointment to discuss meds and such.

When I said I already had one, for Friday, they checked and said I didn't, and that that time was assigned to another patient, but he could see me tomorrow (today now) at 8:30 if I could take that time, so I did. I guess someone forgot to hit SAVE when they tried to schedule my appointment for Friday. At least they had saved my lab appointment for last week!

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 31 under partly cloudy skies and 38 percent chance of rain that could include thundershowers. Last night we got the thundershowers, and the neighborhood lost power for a little over an hour. That wasn't too bad.

I have some laundry left to get started on, and of course work is waiting in the wings.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad your power wasn't out too long.
    It's currently 72F here, another hot one. Plentiful sunshine. High 89F. Winds light and variable.
    My Dr. appt was cancelled and my housecleaner's car is in the shop, so that's postponed until Monday. So my day is free. I'm sure I'll find things to do.
    Wishing everyone a soothing Thursday. 🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Good Afternoon,
    Ed-glad your power wasn't out for too long.
    Does anyone have plans for the fourth? Our town is having fireworks on Friday night.
    We are going to make homemade pizza on the grill. It is a first for us, so I hope it is edible.
    I am making chocolate cupcakes to take to work tomorrow. I haven't made my co-workers any treats since Christmas. They will be happy.
    Have a good evening and a great weekend. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 29 under partly cloudy skies and 46% chance of showers (could include thundershowers) in the afternoon/evening.

SCAM ALERT!

Another lovely new scam via SMS phone message.

I received a message that stated:

Regions_ALERT: Your card was charged $23.34 at at store in TN, for security visit h t t p s://******.org/ to verify.

Of course I have edited the URL from the message, but the double word "at" typo is exactly what was sent.

I don't have any bank accounts with security set to send me such a message, and even if I did, banks don't generally use a domain of .org, so that's a big clue right there.

It's a good idea to keep an eye on what's going on with your bank accounts, but NOT by clicking on links in SMS messages or even email. Best to log in directly to view transactions.

Stay as safe as you can online!

• eku0
    Good morning
    Ed, I had one supposedly from a bank I don't use. I guess I'm so used to getting junk, that when I see something like that I automatically delete it or mark it as spam without opening it.
    Jo, our town is having fireworks on Sunday night, the 3rd. We can see a lot of them from our house, so we'll probably watch from here. We have no special plans. Your pizza sounds good, and I'm sure your co-workers will appreciate the cupcakes. That's so sweet of you.
    It's currently about 82F, some sunshine with a thunderstorm or two possible this afternoon. High 93F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. I think we need the EPA and it's regulations more than ever.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a good weekend. 🌤🌩🥂🌻
  • eku0
    good morning
    We had a couple of small t-storms pass through yesterday, warnings for more today. It's currently 75, mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Storms could contain damaging winds. High 88F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I need to color up my hair today, maybe run some errands.
    Wishing all a celebratory weekend. 🎆🧨🥂🍉
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) degrees and apparently still some fog to burn off. The expected high is 33 under mostly sunny skies, but there is a 32% chance of rain.

We got some lovely rain yesterday, that arrived a bit earlier in the day than expected. While there was a little bit of rumbling from the clouds, nothing at all severe in the way of storms and I really didn't notice any lightning.

Today there is a pool party to celebrate Independence Day weekend.

Since my colonoscopy was over a week ago, and I can eat beans again, my beans are in the oven baking. One can each of chili beans, pinto beans, small red beans, black beans, cannellini beans, and great northern beans, with plenty of tomato sauce, some onion, jalapeno, black pepper, garlic, brown sugar, paprika, ground red chili (from India), cardamom, turmeric, mustard, ginger, cinnamon, a couple of splashes of apple cider vinegar, a generous splash of olive oil to carry the flavors, and some liquid smoke to give the vegan baked beans a bit of smoky flavor without any cured meat.

I think my tea is finished and my coffee is ready. Hoping for the results of biopsy/histology next week sometime.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We had some rain overnight and now it is overcast.
    My daughter and I are going to pick blueberries this morning. I will freeze some, make blueberry muffins for hubby, jam and just eat some. :)
    We will also be picking flowers from a local farm. The flowers are a Christmas gift from my daughter. I can pick flowers once a week for 12 weeks. It is nice to have fresh flowers in the house. I can pick as many as will fit into a quart mason jar.
    Enjoy the weekend and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!