Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    Ed, Buttons looks very content. ;)
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    It's currently 69F, gray and drizzly. A steady light rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. Potential for heavy rainfall. High 74F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    May go to a paint store today and try to figure out which samples to get and try on the walls.
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend. 🍹🌼🍉
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,323 Member
    I got out to Kroger while it still looked awfully dark, and there was a lot of humid, sticky fog rising from the wet ground and the river, when I crossed it, but the rain had stopped, at least for a while.

The sun was shining when I came out of the store, along with unbelievably sticky humidity. I got all the groceries put away and had my special treat lunch. I bought a Marie Callendar turkey pot pie while at the store, and after all that work in the heat and humidity felt like I earned it! It was delicious.

We finally got our first tomato off the vines yesterday and ate it with supper. Ripe, sweet, and delicious.

y6qiadqop0u7.png

And we visited Peach State Orchids yesterday afternoon to see this Amorphophallus titanum.

uqcntsd903tw.png
    gh5olso0g9lq.png
    7tt2kxbfchsq.png
    30atxixz3l8x.png

• eku0
    edited July 2022
    oh my, that looks like a corpse flower! Was it stinky?

nice looking double tomato!
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    eku0 wrote: »
    oh my, that looks like a corpse flower! Was it stinky?

nice looking double tomato!

It is a corpse flower. As the bloom had opened the prior night, the scent that afternoon was not really that bad. We had TWO of those bloom for us this spring, much smaller than that one of course, and for each one the garage smelled like something had crawled in and died. After they bloomed, we set them outside for the summer.

Our tomatoes are heirloom beefsteak. I hope we get more with the same delicious flavor! There are quite a few green tomatoes on the plants now. Something (probably a bird) bored a bunch of holes in one green tomato, so I pulled it off and threw it in the bushes for the birds to finish off. No sense the plant wasting more energy on that tomato!

We may go out to dinner with friends tonight.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning happy Sunday everyone
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Ed, interesting that you have corpse flowers (thought they were more for botanical gardens.) I hope you got to go out with friends.
    We went to the paint store yesterday. I think we've got a beige and a light blue color. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant and shared some nachos. Haven't done that in a while. 🌶
    Lots of flowers blooming at home. The giant pink lilies out front are gorgeous.
    It's currently 65F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 83F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a sweet Sunday. 🌺🌸🌷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 29 under partly cloudy skies and 91% chance of rain.

After lunch yesterday I assembled a bit of a sideways trellis to help keep the bell pepper plants from falling over from the weight of the fruits. After that I took a shower to get ready, but we didn't end up dining out with friends last night.

We did go out ourselves, to Del Taco for supper and then a rather long drive through small towns, ending up at a Buc-ee's travel stop. We picked up some of their specialty snacks.

We picked up a few hard-to-find snacks along the way home too, and definitely some snacks we really don't need. In one small town someone was having a firework show that was pretty to see.

I usually turn into a pumpkin at midnight, but last night I didn't get to bed until nearly 1 in the morning. The cats kindly let me sleep in until 8.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-that is a huge flower. Nice looking tomato. I love tomatoes fresh from the garden.
    Irene-We didn't use a recipe for the pizza. We used store bought pizza dough, flattened it out,
    cooked it on one side, then flipped it over, added the tomato sauce and precooked veggies and cheese and cooked until the cheese melted. We cooked it right on the rack of the grill on low heat.
    Vix-When I am choosing paint I usually get the sample paint cards and tape them to the wall, so I can see and compare the colors in all lights. Good luck deciding. Funny, I was thinking about nachos the other day.
    Yesterday, my daughter and I went to a new Indian restaurant a few towns over. I have never had Indian food before. I had boneless chicken biryani with garlic naan bread. It was good and the portion was huge. I can get 4 more lunches out of the leftovers. The price was reasonable.
    Today I am just puttering around and taking it easy.
    Happy Birthday, Jan!
    Have a great day! :)

• eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Well, we got all our paint picked out yesterday, then found out the store didn't have enough of the right base paint to make it for us. The sale ends today. Luckily there are more stores in our area, so we called another one and will be able to pick up the paint today.
    Jo, I got paint card samples, but there were so many colors, it was hard to decide. I hope we picked good ones. ;) Cool that you went to an Indian restaurant. They have lots of interesting flavors.
    Ed, tacos are yummy. That sounds like a lot of snacks! Anything low calorie and healthy? I could use some new ideas.
    Irene, great weather for enjoying your pool.
    It's currently 61F here, partly cloudy skies. High near 85F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have a somewhat cooler 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees this morning with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 5% chance of rain.

I guess I'll have to water the container garden today.

And it's back to work too.
    eku0 wrote: »

That sounds like a lot of snacks! Anything low calorie and healthy? I could use some new ideas.

I'm afraid all the snacks were things we really don't need, so I am doling them out in small doses. We got some at small gas station stores along the way. I was looking for old fashioned corn flake chewies but never found any. I do know how to make them but wanted the packaged variety since they are already portioned out. Home-made is actually better though.

J's sister introduced us to Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets and we wanted some more. While there, J found another snack he wanted too.

So here's what we got from Buc-ee's, but we got potato chips and cakey snacks, including ooey gooey butter cakes, along the way, and a couple of those tiny Duchess pecan pies that are sinfully delicious. But hey, they have pecans in them, and pecans are good for you, right? ;)

76hsdzutmsaf.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, the snacks look yummy. I am trying to stick with less processed foods, but it's good to have a treat sometimes. ;) Sounds like a fun night too.
    I had my last PT session for a while yesterday, and we picked up the paint. I also cleaned the refrigerator, it looks so much better in there! The weather was pretty nice in the late afternoon again, and I was able to sit out on the porch and read for a little while.
    It's currently 64F, sunny early, then thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 91F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a tiptop Tuesday. 🌷🌞🍦

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    spend the day in the pool yesterday it was beautiful i will be doing the same thing today .
    have a great day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected overcast high of 32 and 6% chance of rain.

It looks like I will be watering the container garden again this evening. There are several bell peppers and jalapenos that I am keeping an eye on because they are almost ready to harvest.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 30 and 87% chance of thundershowers this afternoon. I probably should go out and harvest some peppers. Hopefully I won't need to water the garden this evening.

• eku0
    good morning
    Another pool day coming up, Irene!
    Hi Jo!
    Ed, your peppers sound wonderful. Yum, fresh bell peppers and jalapenos! I'll bet you will make something spicy delicious with them.
    The painter came yesterday and finished painting all the wood trim on the front of our house. It's nice and bright and fresh looking. :)
    It was very hot yesterday, then last night the sky turned green and yellow, lots of wind, a little rain, some thunder and lightning, and a rainbow heading up out of the house across the street from us. I tried to take a picture, but my phone turned the sky blue. ??? It later turned orange, quite a show from Mama Nature.
    It's currently 67F, really nice outside for now. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 89F. Winds light and variable.
    Still preparing inside the house for more painting.
    Wishing all a whimsical Wednesday. 🐫🐫🐫🐪
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Our weather here is76 already it's going to be really hot. We were suppose to get a thunder storm last night but it never came.
    Ordered a new air fryer it's the Emeril 360 it has everything on it can't wait to get it our old air fryer sounds like it's going to die any day.
    take care and stay cool
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Our Wednesday harvest.

nogbzcybd8er.png

Our Wednesday night dinner (and what will be J's Thursday lunch as well) was home-made, somewhat spicy, orange tofu with peppers and jalapenos. I used up 4 small bell peppers and 6 jalapenos from our garden, and some garlic, onion, orange juice, etc., from supplies at hand.

It turned out delicious and will be on our table again! This was my first time making the Asian orange sauce. I have always loved it on restaurant food.

akm36phttwvp.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with a partly cloudy high of 33 expected and 6% chance of rain. Yesterday's storms rumbled mildly at us as they strolled on by without so much as a drop of rain.

J will be having the leftover orange tofu dish for lunch.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed your dinner looks awesome i am sure J really liked it.
    I spend the whole in the pool since it was 91 here loving the warm weather
    hi Jo and Vix
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Another pool day, Irene!
    Hi Jo!
    Ed, can you share a recipe for the orange tofu. It sounds delicious.
    Our living room and mornng room are now a pretty light blue! The master bedroom is scheduled for today. :)
    It's currently a 69F beautiful morning. Plentiful sunshine. High 87F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'll be getting things moved out of the dining room and hallways today.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞