Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Anyway, I made it to the library and TJ Maxx yesterday. Just wandered around, didn't need anything.
    Sounds like you have a lot of work to do, Ed.
    It's cloudy again this morning, we haven't had any rain in a few days. It's currently 75F, with afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 88F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a good day. 🌼
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,322 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    This was my post from yesterday, for some reason it just sat there and never got posted. ????

I have noticed that the POST REPLY button seems to be less responsive. It seems like I THINK I have clicked there but nothing happens and I have to click again. I thought perhaps my mouse batteries were low but I changed them and it still seems less responsive, like it's very picky about exactly where I click.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 43 under partly cloudy skies and 43% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. Sounds familiar!

I still have laundry to fold and put away.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I like doing laundry. I did a load yesterday too. I thought I saw my message post the other day, but I guess I'll have to double check. Sounds really hot down your way.
    It's currently about 71F here. We had about 5 seconds of rain yesterday. Cloudy with showers expected. Thunder possible. High 81F. ( a little cooler, thank goodness). Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fine Friday! Yay, weekend! 🥂
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Seems like we all have about the same weather. We desperately need rain. Even though I have been watering my flowers every evening they still look half dead and my lawn is brown. We have a water ban, so only hand watering allowed. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and then we are back to 90 degree weather for the next week. I am so happy for central air.
    Have a great weekend. :)

• eku0
    good morning
    We finally had a good rain yesterday and overnight.
    It's currently 65F, so I opened some windows to get fresh air inside. I trimmed down some of my indoor plants, they're getting too big again.
    Looks like it might be a nice day.
    Weather forecast for a mix of clouds and sun. High 86F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fun weekend. 🥂🌼
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

It's currently 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 71% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

We definitely got the thundershowers yesterday, and I was glad for the rain. I heard more thunder during the night, and possibly some light rain. We will probably get more today. There is a pool party, but I expect it will be a small one, considering the weather.

I got the laundry folded yesterday, finally, with some help from Dinah.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, so nice to have so many pool parties! Nice way to keep cool in the heat.
    We spent some time playing with the GCs yesterday. It's always so much fun.
    The weather was pretty nice.
    It's currently 62F, windows open for now. :) Cloudy with rain developing this afternoon. High 83F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌻🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with a mostly sunny high of 31 expected and 34% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

The pool party was nice, and a bit laid back. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The party started breaking up between 4:30 and 5:00 and quickly finished breaking up at 5:30 when thunderstorms quickly rolled in. Up until about 5:00 it was nice and sunny.

We came home and, eventually, ordered in for a late supper. I spent most of the evening finishing up on the setup of my new Kindle Paperwhite e-book reader, getting the rest of the books that were on my old Kindle downloaded to the new one, and getting all the settings the way I wanted.

I need to get out to PetSmart and Kroger this morning, after I feed the cats.

• eku0
    Ed, C&H was straight to the point and quite poignant.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 29 and 23% chance of rain.

I have an ophthalmologist appointment this afternoon.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good luck with the ophthamologist, Ed.
    What type of books do you like to read? I read all the time. I like fiction. I'm currently reading Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin.
    It's currently 68F, cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High around 85F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. We got some good rain last night.
    More organizing and going through things today. Put 2 bags out for Lupus this morning.
    It's a new week and a new month. Wishing everyone a good one. :)
  • parityanimal

SCAM OF THE WEEK:

MFA Prompt Bombing

Multi-factor authentication (MFA) provides an extra layer of security for your accounts, but it’s important to think before you click.

Cybercriminals can use an attack method called MFA prompt bombing to get around MFA protections and overwhelm you with prompts via email, text message, or phone call.

For example, cybercriminals may attempt to log in to an account using your credentials. Then, they'll request a phone call MFA verification, which is sent to the phone number you use for MFA. Cybercriminals will often request these verifications late at night when you're asleep and unprepared. If you accept the phone call and press the button to verify your identity, you may grant the cybercriminals access to your account. Once the cybercriminals bypass your MFA, they can use your account to achieve their malicious goals.

Don't let MFA give you a false sense of security. Follow the tips below to stay safe from MFA prompt bombing scams:

• Never approve an MFA notification you didn’t request. If you have a shared account, verify the MFA request with the other account holder before taking action.
    • If you receive an MFA notification you didn’t request,
    immediately change your password for the associated account. You should also consider updating your passwords for any accounts that use the same credentials.

• Create unique, strong passwords for each of your accounts. Without your password, it’s difficult for cybercriminals to reach the MFA step of the login process.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 15% chance of rain.

Yesterday only a few drops fell, so I watered the container garden last night.

We have switched to a new phone system at work so that may be interesting. They cut over last night after work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good luck with the new phone system, Ed. Hopefully a smooth transition.
    We got some decent rain last night. Lots of butterflies this week. We have butterfly bushes and butterfly weed, so they like to visit our yard. :) I love watching them.
    It's currently 76F, a mix of clouds and sun expected today. High 87F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a cheerful day. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 fair degrees with an expected high of 31 under partly cloudy skies and 46% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I finished up a good bit of testing yesterday but have a slightly tricky bit to check on this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    I may go out later, to the library, to a store, something. Will exercise, then see what I feel like.
    It's currently 82F, plentiful sunshine. High near 90F. Winds light and variable.
    Happy midweek.🐫🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) fair (Mostly moony?) degrees with an expected high of 32 and 19% chance of rain. We got a little rain last night.

Testing went well yesterday but there's always more to test. I had some discussion with one client facing support employee about one client who doesn't seem to understand how the product they want to use is supposed to work, and they want it to do things it was never designed to do. But we'll work it out somehow.

I have laundry to fold. That seems to happen a lot!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, requirements creep. Happens a lot. Good luck with that.
    Extra hot here too.
    Currently around 75F, sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 96F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I picked up some books from the library yesterday, and a couple of little things for my granddaughter's birthday at the beginning of September. Need to do a bit more shopping. Hubby's birthday is this month, my son and daughter-in-law's anniversary is also coming soon, and then my daughter's birthday later in September.
    Also looking for a place for a long weekend in October for the family. Going to start that up again this year. And more organizing around the house.
    I'll see which of these things I feel like doing after I finish my morning routine.
    Wishing all a thinny Thursday. 😂🤣Stay cool.😎
  • eku0
    547lpi8ne0r3.png