Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Thursday night dinner. Frittata made with home grown bell peppers and jalapenos.

6pelv5g48tt8.png

s2wgef8nnpg6.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 36% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

Last night's dinner was a frittata made with plenty of home-grown bell peppers and jalapenos. Cast iron cookery!

i29lgt9ma530.png

1g10ws81no8d.png

I don't usually link to articles but this one explains a dangerous current type of scam.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/how-to-spot-a-fake-qr-code-and-avoid-getting-scammed/ar-AAWeqN3

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Ed, lots of scams right about now. I got a letter yesterday, regular mail, for free travel, obviously a scam. It mentioned 3 airlines, 3 hotel chains, and had a phone number to call, but no addresses for anything, no return address on the envelope.
    Your frittata looks good. I usually bake mine and don't use that much cheese, so they come out thicker/taller and without that much of a crust on top.
    Another hot one today, but not as hot as yesterday. We had a huge t-storm last night, lit up the sky and shook the house.
    It's currently 71F, mostly gray and cloudy. Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High near 90F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%. Locally heavy rainfall possible. I'm glad we don't have a drought.
    I have a much needed massage scheduled for this morning. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing all a fortuitous Friday. Yay, weekend! 🍷🍸🍹🍺
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Your frittata looks good. I usually bake mine and don't use that much cheese, so they come out thicker/taller and without that much of a crust on top.

I started this one on the stove to get a nice potato crust on bottom, then finished it in the oven. It turned out quite nicely and made a great supper for us.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

24 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with a very light sprinkle and an expected cloudy high af 31 with 24 percent chance of rain.

It is very sticky already.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, your frittata is more like a pie than mine. I'm sure it's yummy.
    Currently about 73F and mostly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 89F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Going to babysit for a little while this a.m. and see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a fun Saturday! :)🌻🌼
  • eku0
    good morning
    Well, I made reservations for a long weekend in the mountains with our family in October. Looking forward to that. And we spent some time with the grandchildren. They are so sweet.
    Should be a nice relaxing day today.
    It's currently about 73F, mostly sunny skies this morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. High 92F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌻🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's late in the day on sumptuous Sunday!

It's been another hot one. This morning's post didn't make it because we were out and about in the Georgia countryside. I still need to water the container garden tonight and scoop the litter boxes, which is next on the agenda.

• eku0
    Sounds like fun, Ed, out and about.
    We made instant pot chicken and spanish rice for dinner. Yum.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 58% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. Typical forecast for this summer it seems.

Back to work today.

• parityanimal

I wouldn't even give them the last four digits. I would call a known, good number for the company and inquire about the invoice...if it wasn't already obvious that it was fake, and if I couldn't verify it by logging directly into my account.

SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Using QuickBooks to Make a Quick Buck
    QuickBooks is a popular accounting software that offers free accounts to its users. While many individuals and organizations use QuickBooks to track their finances, cybercriminals have been using it to run a "business" of their own. In a new scam, cybercriminals create a free QuickBooks account and use the associated email address to send you malicious emails.

To start, cybercriminals send you a phishing email that appears to be an invoice from a reputable organization, such as Norton or Microsoft. The email includes a phone number and directs you to call if the invoice seems suspicious. If you call the phone number, you’ll be asked to confirm your credit card information to cancel the fake transaction. Unfortunately, if you share this information, the cybercriminals can use it to make their own purchases.

To protect yourself from this malicious scam, follow the tips below:
    • Never call a phone number provided in a suspicious email. Instead, visit the organization’s official website to find their contact information.
    • If you’re asked to verify payment information over the phone, ask the caller to tell you what they have on file. If they decline, only provide the last four digits of your payment card number.
    • Cybercriminals can use fake invoices to alarm you and trick you into clicking impulsively. Always think before you click!
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, always good advice to be on the lookout for scams.
    We didn't get any rain yesterday.
    It's already 81F here, mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. Hot and humid. High 93F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one. 🌻🌼🌞
  • parityanimal
    rw0r9qqpkqv5.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 mostly cloudy degrees and an expected mostly sunny high of 30 with 32% chance of rain.

I have a couple of projects to work on today.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning
    It is going to be another hot one today. I have been mostly staying in the house where it is cool.
    Even though I have been watering my flowers in the early evening, they are all pretty sad looking.
    It looks like fall in my back yard, as the leaves are falling off the trees.
    Ed-your frittata looks good.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Enjoy your week and stay cool. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like you're busy with work, cooler there than here.
    Jo, a hot one here today too. We're getting enough rain so far that the outdoor plants are doing well. I've mostly been staying indoors too. Hi Irene.
    It's currently 79F here, mostly sunny this morning. Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High around 95F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. It looks like it will start to cool down a little after today. whew.
    Keeping busy around the house. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a tranquil Tuesday. 🌞🌺🌸
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 28 and 53% chance of thundershowers, possibly starting as early as 9:00 this morning.

I never got to the grocery last weekend, but slipped out to Lidl last night after work to pick up milk, eggs, butter, and salad mix. We had Taco Salad Tuesday for dinner. No shell for the salad, but we like it fine that way.

We'll see what the workday brings.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    been spending a lot of time in the pool it has been so hot here.
    We got new electric bill yesterday it went from 167.00 to 347.00 can't believe the jump .Oh well I just worry about the seniors that are having a hard time making ends meet.
    Hi Vix ,Jo and Ed stay safe and cool
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, taco salad sounds good. We had chicken vegetable chili.
    Irene, nice that you spent time in the pool. Yeah, the big energy companies are gouging people, while making record profits.
    My house cleaning schedule was thrown off by painting and appts, so today's the day. Yay!
    I have an appt this afternoon for acupuncture. Haven't done that since Feb. 2020. Hopefully it will help. Will see what else the day brings.
    Some t-storms and showers yesterday evening and overnight. With all the heat, the flowers really needed it. It's 75F already today. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 88F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a witty Wednesday. 🐫🐪🐫
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected high of 29 under mostly sunny skies and 32% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I picked a bunch of tomatoes yesterday after watering, figuring I'd best let them finish ripening on the counter lest the critters outside get them before I could.

One of them was part of my breakfast this morning.

a14enwv1psx0.png