Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,322 Member
    edited July 2022
    eku0 wrote: »

Ed, can you share a recipe for the orange tofu. It sounds delicious.

I mostly followed the recipe at this link. I had to make some minor substitutions, but nothing that would drastically change the outcome, other than adding in a lot of fresh sliced jalapenos, that the recipe didn't call for, for about half the peppers. That added a higher level of spicy heat to the overall dish. I didn't add any grated orange rind but that can also add some bitterness. J is very sensitive to bitterness in foods.

I did not shake the tofu with cornstarch either, so it wasn't super crispy, but I dry fried it instead in my nonstick Red Copper frying pan, to get a nice texture. That also had the side effect of somewhat reducing the carbs in the meal.

I'm sure chicken, pork, or beef would be delicious as the protein too.

I am sure adding other vegetables would be good too, maybe some broccoli. Restaurants often have broccoli in the orange chicken or beef.

https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/orange-tofu-and-bell-pepper-stir-fry

And for the method of dry frying, this link. But I don't press down with the spatula so mine may have a bit of moisture left in the center of the triangles. We like it so it's all good.

https://www.food.com/recipe/dry-fried-tofu-415903

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (Celsius) sunny degrees with a simmering mostly sunny high of 34 expected and 6% chance of rain. Watering the container garden is on the agenda again. And so is folding laundry that is in the dryer from yesterday!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    good morning
    Thanks for the recipe, Ed. I always substitute and change things too, but it's good to have the basic. I'll probably cube and bake the tofu ahead of time. It looks good.
    The master bedroom was painted yesterday, a pretty dark blue. I usually use pale colors so it's quite a change, but I like it.
    It's currently about 68F, windows open for a few more minutes til it heats up.
    Sunny. High 86F. Winds light and variable.
    Dining room is getting painted today. Yay! Natural Linen color on top, Anew gray under the chair rail.
    Wishing all a festive Friday. 😎🌞
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 24% chance of rain.

There is a pool party today so my beans are baking in the oven now. One friend is probably bringing his mother's recipe for mac and cheese, so I think my meal will be a burger (no bun), a burned hot dog (maybe a bun), some baked beans, and some mac and cheese. OK...there might be something else there too. Maybe even a cookie or a piece of cake or pie.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    Ed enjoy your party. Hi Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    The dining room looks really nice, very calming.
    I need to sort through a lot of stuff I moved and put in boxes or in the basement. Also need to clear out the other rooms this weekend.
    It's currently 68F, gray, misty. Variable clouds with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly during the afternoon hours. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 83F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! 🌻💐🌼
    Ha, this was actually my post from yesterday that didn't get posted!

My daughter and family got home from their vacay, so we played with the little ones while they unpacked. Fun!
    We did have some pretty good showers yesterday. Today is currently 70F. Cloudy this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 86F. Winds light and variable.
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 27 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected high of 33 under partly cloudy skies and 46% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I enjoyed the party yesterday, but it wore me out. J skipped this one, staying home to work on a project that he had been putting off because of never finding the time to do it. Time to make the time, I guess. My baked beans were really good this time, and one of the hosts made some really good baked beans too. Both pans were clobbered during the meal, and I did not have any leftovers to bring home, which is just the way I like it.

The cats were kind enough to let me sleep in late this morning.

Today I need to get out for a few things, so will do that after feeding the cats in a bit.

• parityanimal
    Update:

I did get out to the store but forgot to get kitty litter. It's OK as I am not OUT of it and should be able to last until the next weekend. I don't want to get out again and it's raining now anyway so that is not going to happen today.

It was horribly hot when I went, as I was a bit later in the day getting out than I had planned. When I got home, I put most of the groceries away, including all the refrigerated or frozen stuff, of course, then sat at my desk in front of a fan for a while to cool off. Then I put the rest of the groceries away and got started on a very late lunch.

I made some sharp Cheddar pimento cheese with sweet pickle relish and minced, fresh jalapenos. Then I stuck some Kroger Tater Bites in the air fryer to cook. While they were cooking I made myself a grilled pimento cheese sandwich using whole wheat reduced carb bread, and made J an omelet Palm Beach, i.e., an omelet stuffed with pimento cheese, and some MorningStar Farms fake bacon flavored strips. We both had some of the tater bites.

We both enjoyed that late lunch. The dishwasher is running now.

I think I may just make snacky things for supper later.

iauyko5qqhes.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 38% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

We got a decent amount of rain yesterday and I didn't need to water the container garden.

Back to the grindstone today.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We are in for a hot one this week, in the 90's all week.
    Vix-Enjoy your new room colors. They sound really nice.
    Irene-Nice that your are enjoying your pool.
    Ed-your meals always look so good.
    I have a dentist appt. this morning for a cleaning.
    I started a new project this weekend. I have a tall chest that I am repurposing. I forgot to take a before picture. I bought new legs and draw pulls and got rid of a lot of ornate decorations on it.
    Today I will sand and get ready for paint. I am leaning towards white paint.
    Two of my co workers have covid. I am 1 of 2 people in my department that hasn't got it yet.
    Have a great week! :)
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Jo, our weather is supposed to be all 90s this week too. Good luck with your dentist appt. Your project sounds like fun. What will be the new purpose of the chest? You are very lucky you haven't gotten covid, maybe you're naturally resistant. That would be great.
    Ed, your grilled cheese sandwich is making my mouth water! Yum. The pool party sounds like it was fun too.
    Hi Irene.
    It clouded over yesterday a few times, but we didn't get the rain. Today is 100% chance.
    It's currently 75F, cloudy skies early then heavy thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 87F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Our painter will be back tomorrow, so I will do some more sorting through and moving things out of the way today.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a successful one! :)
  • eku0
    Living room and morning room color.
    pvcntom64fht.jpg
    MBR
    0o2hc4wdx3mq.jpg

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) rainy, thundery degrees with the thunderstorms expected to continue through 8:00 this morning at least. The projected high for today is 30 with cloudy skies and 97% chance of rain that may...er, does include thunderstorms.

My power protein pancakes are warming in the air fryer convection oven.

• IreneMurman
    good morning everyone,
    we finally got rain last night we haven't had rain in awhile
    Vix love the color blue on your walls looks great.
    Jo hope you stay healthy.
    Ed your food always looks so good
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Ed and Irene, probably good that you're getting some rain. Seems like drought or flooding happening all over. We had a t-storm yesterday afternoon. It rolled through pretty quickly. Got dark within a few seconds, then lots of wind and rain for about 1/2 hour.
    Hi Jo!
    It's currently 77F, some light fluffy clouds in the sky. Plenty of sunshine. High near 90F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. We're expecting 90s all week.
    The rest of the hallways and the kitchen are getting painted today. We're using the same creamy color we used in the dining room. (S-W natural linen).
    Wishing all a tranquil Tuesday. Stay cool! 🥒😎
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 51% chance of scattered thundershowers. It rained off and on all day yesterday and the temperature wasn't quite as simmering as the rest of the week is expected to be.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 71F, not a cloud in the sky. Sunny. High 92F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our front room, hubby's study, is being painted today, and maybe the mud room. And our heating and cooling system is supposed to get it's annual check this morning.
    I'm going to meet up with a friend this afternoon.
    So pretty busy day for me.
    Wishing all a winning Wednesday. 🌞🌻🌼
  • parityanimal
    I almost forgot!

7 years ago today, July 20, 2015, I went with a few friends to the courthouse and married my soulmate.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Happy Anniversary Ed And J hope you have a great day!
    Our weather here has been hot spending most of the day in the pool.
    hi Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    edited July 2022
    Ed and J !!!
    pimih6h24ap0.png