Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,322 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling thundery Thursday!

We have 25 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with thunder and lightning. There is a potential for severe thunderstorms today. The expected high is 32 under cloudy skies and we have 62% chance of rain.

Another workday looms!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    edited July 2022
    good morning
    Irene, great weather to be enjoying your pool!
    Ed, sounds like some tough work days.
    Hi Jo!
    Everything is painted except for our guest room/my study, and half of the laundry room. The painter will be back tomorrow to finish up.
    It was really great seeing my friend yesterday. We talked for over 2 hours, just catching up.
    It's currently about 80F, Variable clouds with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly during the afternoon hours. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 94F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Expected to hit 99F on Sunday.
    Looks like it will be a thirsty Thursday, whether we want that or not.
    Enjoy your day! 🌶🌶🌶 🌤⛅⛈
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 32 under partly cloudy skies and 24% chance of rain.

We may be having dinner with friends tonight.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, have fun with friends.
    We had some cloudiness and wind yesterday afternoon, but no rain.
    It's currently 74F, plentiful sunshine. Hot. High 94F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    The painter will be coming to finish up today.
    I have a much needed massage appointment this morning.
    Wishing all a fearless Friday. 🌞
  • eku0
    good morning
    Currently 74F, sunny. Hot. High near 95F. Winds light and variable. Birds are singing outside my window, that's nice.
    The painting is done. Everything looks nice and colorful/fresh/pretty. My study/guest room is now a sort of periwinkle color, very soothing. Hubby's study is sort of a peacock blue, laundry and mudroom the same blue as living room.
    Now to sort through all the stuff taken out of the rooms and put things away. I also scheduled a Purple Heart pickup for Monday to start recycling things that are still useful. Luckily there are several charities that pick up quite often, so I can continue to go through our things.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. Stay cool! 🍦
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday!

We have a warm 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 39 under partly cloudy skies and 39% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

Baked beans are in the oven as there is a pool party at another friend's house today and baked beans should go well with the planned barbecued pork and chicken.

Our ex-roommate, D, is here for a couple of days on his way back to Kentucky and may go to the party with us.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, nice that you have so many pool parties to keep you cool.
    It's currently 69F here, a mix of clouds and sun. Near record high temperatures. High 97F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    We had a chance to play with the GCs yesterday, it was fun. I'm working on sorting through things, rearranging and putting things away. This will be a long term project, really everything has to be looked through and cleared.
    Wishing all a relaxing, peaceful Sunday. 🌻🌼🌵
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sunny Sunday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees now with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 24% chance of rain.

The party was nice. All my baked beans were consumed. There was leftover barbecue so I am having some barbecue pulled pork with my oatmeal this morning.

After breakfast I need to get out to the grocery.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-Happy Anniversary!
    Vix-I love your paint colors. It must feel like a new house, all shiny and new.
    Irene-Do you let Sammy in the pool?
    I went to our local farm and picked flowers this morning. I also bought some fruits and veggies.
    I came home and made pasta salad and strawberry jam.
    It has been so hot, that my little refurbishing project had been on hold. I have to sand before I paint and I want to do it on the deck, less mess to clean up.
    Stay cool and have a great week!
  • parityanimal
    I got to the stores and bought everything I needed (except for items I inevitably didn't write on the list) so the short list has been started. Nothing critical on the list, so it can wait until next weekend.

It was already frightfully hot out, so now I am rehydrating after a light lunch of sausage, peppers, and penne with marinara, picked up from the heat and eat shelves at Publix.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We currently have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 31under partly cloudy skies and 42% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.

Back to the grindstone!

• eku0
    good morning
    Sounds like work is busy, Ed.
    Jo, fresh flowers and produce are nice. The house does feel shiny and new, especially because I am working on decluttering. I have a couple of projects I want to do outside too, so they will wait til it's cooler.
    It's currently about 80F, mostly cloudy skies this morning. Thunderstorms likely during the afternoon (90% chance). Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 89F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a productive new week. Stay cool. 🍧
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Malicious Multi-Vector Attacks

You probably know that cybercriminals can use malicious emails and phone calls to steal your sensitive information. But did you know that cybercriminals can use multiple attack vectors simultaneously to make their attacks even more effective? While it may be easy to spot a single suspicious email or phone call, multi-vector attacks can be difficult to catch.

According to a new IBM report, a standard email-only attack yielded a 17.8% click rate from its target audience. When cybercriminals paired the same email attack with a matching phone call campaign, the click rate increased to 53.2%. That’s three times the email-only click rate! By using multiple attack vectors at once, cybercriminals can make their messages seem more credible and urgent.

Don’t let a multi-vector attack trick you. Follow the tips below to keep your sensitive information safe:

• Verify that urgent messages are legitimate before taking action. Contact the person or organization directly using another line of communication.
    • When you receive an email or phone call, watch out for red flags. Scams often use urgent deadlines and scare tactics to trick you into sharing sensitive information.
    • Remember that even if you receive a message from more than one attack vector, that does not mean the message is legitimate.

Always think before you click or reply.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 31 under mostly sunny skies and 34% chance of rain. Sounds familiar, except there is no mention of thundershowers in that 34%.

We shall see what the day brings.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good reminder to be careul, Ed. I've been getting odd class action suit emails and emails about winning contests I haven't entered. Of course, I send them straight to spam or trash.
    It's cloudy again, currently 72F. We got about a 5 second shower yesterday, just enough to see a few dots on the sidewalk. It is expected to be generally cloudy today. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 77F. Winds light and variable. At least we're getting a break from the heat!
    Wishing all a tranquil Tuesday. ⛅🌼
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2022
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good reminder to be careul, Ed. I've been getting odd class action suit emails and emails about winning contests I haven't entered. Of course, I send them straight to spam or trash.

I've been getting dozens it seems like, every day, about a Camp LeJeune lawsuit that has nothing to do with me. The lawsuit is real, but I've got no stake in it, and I am sure that the spam is all bogus, and just phishing attempts. It must make it difficult for anyone legitimately involved in that very high profile lawsuit.

I did get a REAL one about another class action lawsuit regarding a data breach and almost tossed that one too. I have a minimal amount of money supposedly due me on that one, and will be very careful about how I claim it when I get the notification that it's ready to claim. About enough to cover a pizza delivery. LOL.
  • eku0
    I've gotten 3 or 4 for Camp LeJeune, put it in Spam and blocked it the last time.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 24 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 15% chance of rain. It is expected to be hot throughout the weekend.

J and I spent most of the afternoon yesterday tracking down a tricky issue in one of our software products and found a coding error that he may have to claim as his. It was a good session though and I learned how to use a new tool to trace what happens as our programs interact with the database files.

I have laundry in the dryer to fold at some point. Maybe even today!

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 42% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I have plenty of testing waiting for me. I already backed up one test database in expectation of possibly messing it up in testing today.

Laundry is still waiting to be folded.

• eku0
    edited July 2022
    This was my post from yesterday, for some reason it just sat there and never got posted. ????
    good morning
    Ed, good to have new tools and that you found a coding error, sometimes they can be really tricky and hard to find.
    I'm doing laundry this morning too. Housecleaner is coming today, we've missed a few weeks due to the painting. It'll be nice to get everything cleaned.
    Maybe I'll get to the library today, maybe stop off at TJMaxx/Home Goods just to get out a little.
    It's currently72F, mostly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 87F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a witty Wednesday. 🐫🐪🐫