Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Nice looking tomatoes, Ed.
    It was nice to go back to acupuncture, I'll be going once a week for 4-6 weeks. I could tell how tense I am.
    I have an appt with an orthopedic Dr. this morning. It's a new one for me, mine retired. Will see if he can help.
    We had some rain last night and seems to be drizzling this a.m. Light rain early. Decreasing clouds with sunny skies by afternoon. High 86F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a thorn-free Thursday. 🌦🌵
  • eku0
    good morning
    Went to the ortho yesterday, will be heading back to PT, and then a follow up with the ortho in 6 weeks.
    Spent some time with my daughter and granddaughter yesterday, that was sweet.
    It's currently 66F, looks like it's going to be a nice day. Plentiful sunshine. High 83F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Friday. Yay, weekend! 🌞🌻🌼
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with a partly sunny high of 31 expected and 15% chance of rain. I will probably need to water the container garden tonight.

I started a really long process at the end of the workday yesterday, involving adjustment to nearly 32,000 database items along with their corollary tables and records, and it's still running! I will be curious to see whether it makes it to completion with no errors. The process worked flawlessly with several hundred records yesterday.

In the "real world" no one in their right mind would ever run this process on this many records at once but one never knows what a client's employee may accidentally do, so I wanted to try it at least once to see if it would break anything.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 22 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 29 and 6% chance of rain. I need to get some beans baking in the oven for a pool party today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited August 2022
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like you're busy with work and friends, good to balance. ;) I used to manage a government test lab and we would run large tests all the time, but we were running mostly on mainframes or Unix which could handle it. So many pool parties, lucky you!

I had some awful news last night. My cousin in CA passed away. It was fast. She had stage 4 colon cancer by the time they found it. There will be a zoom memorial tomorrow night. She was a few months younger than me. Sometimes life feels like a roller coaster.

We had a nice day yesterday, went to Sierra store in the a.m., hubs found some sneakers, I found a pair of cute hiking boots on sale and a shirt for him for his upcoming b-day. The weather was really nice. There was an abundance of butterflies on our bushes. They are so beautiful and amazing to watch.
    It's currently 55F, plenty of sunshine. High 82F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Sounds like another perfect summer day.
    Wishing all a serendipitous Saturday. 🍦🌼🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-Condolences on the loss of your cousin.
    Ed-your tomatoes look good. I have one cherry tomato plant that I have gotten about a dozen or so tomatoes from. My pepper plant has no faired so well, I had a large pepper and a small one growing on the plant and some critter stoled the large one. I hope they had a good meal.
    Irene-wow, that is quite a jump in your electric bill.
    I had a stomach bug and a UTI this week. On antibiotics and spent 2 days just lying around.
    Today is grocery shopping and picking my weekly flowers.
    The weather has been so nice since Friday.
    Sophie caught a blue jay on Friday. I yelled at her to put it down, she did and it flew away.
    Luckily all the other jays were making a racket, so I got outside before she could bring it in the house.
    Enjoy this beautiful day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Jo.
    I hope you're feeling better. Have fun picking your flowers! Our yard is filled with flowers and butterflies. I'm glad Sofie let the blue jay fly away. The weather here has been nice too.
    Yesterday, I mostly relaxed and enjoyed the weather and the yard.
    It's currently 59F, sunny this morning then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 83F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌞🌻
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 22 (Celsius) fair (partly cloudy) degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 31 and 2% chance of rain.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Vix.

The pool party yesterday was nice. My beans were a hit, as usual, and the leftover beans stayed with the hosts so they can be enjoyed later.

Today we are supposed to be having a new garage door opener professionally installed. The man from the company came around on Thursday for an assessment and estimate and surprised me by wanting to come on a Sunday for the installation, but that works for me. Hopefully that will be quick and easy.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    Vix sorry to hear about your cousin may she rip
  • eku0
    edited August 2022
    Thanks, Jo, Ed, and Irene. I am feeling quite nostalgic. We were close as children.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) fair (mostly sunny) degrees with an expected high of 32 and 15% chance of rain.

We got our garage door opener installed and can now open it from our phones, as well as from the door openers in the cars.

• eku0
    good morning
    That's cool, Ed, being able to open it with a phone. I set up the switch in my car when I got it. It's pretty good, it works from as far away as the corner of our street. But I guess you can check that the garage door is closed when you're away. That would be nice for the times when I can't remember shutting it!

The online memorial last night was really nice. There were so many heartwarming and funny stories about my beautiful, loving cousin who brought joy to all who knew her.

It rained over night. It's currently 63F, cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 76F. Winds light and variable. No special plans for today. May do some shopping, get some paperwork taken care of, will see what I feel like doing later.

Wishing all a wonderful new week. Enjoy the summer while it's here. 🌻🌼🌻
  • parityanimal
    My post from earlier seems to have disappeared.

Happy Monday y'all!

SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Watch Out for Phishy Energy Bill Scams

During times of economic change, cybercriminals will use fear and instability to their advantage. Now, they’re using concerns about energy costs to lure victims into their malicious scams. These scams offer rebates, refunds, or discounts for energy bills to appeal to frustrations about rising costs.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals send you an email offering you a refund on your latest energy bill. The email includes a link to a website where you’re asked to provide personal information, such as your bank account credentials, in order to receive the refund. If you share this information with cybercriminals, they can steal your money and target you in future scams.

Don’t fall for these scams! Follow the tips below to keep your information safe while keeping your lights on:

• Cybercriminals often use urgent deadlines and scare tactics to trick you into sharing sensitive information. Always think before you click.

• If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Verify any offers of rebates, refunds, or discounts by visiting your energy provider’s official website.

• Before you click on a link, hover your mouse over it. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the email.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) clear degrees with a partly sunny high of 31 expected and 4% chance of rain. We did get a surprise thundershower just before I went to bed, which was good as I never did get out to water the container garden after dinner.

Yesterday was definitely Monday. It took me a while to get things going with some of my testing and one of the programs required rather complex setup due to the requirements the client insisted on. I still have some testing to do on that one this morning.

One part was going into an endless loop (I can scarcely believe the programmer didn't encounter that himself) and importing the same things over and over, and the other part required the complex set up. I broke out of the loop, corrected the duplicate lines created in the import tabel of the database, and now need to create some test requests and verify that a report shows the correct data after those requests.

I was able to close a couple of tickets regarding another project though and it's looking really great.

I ordered in for dinner, burgers. Onion rings for me, fries for J.
    eku0 wrote: »

That's cool, Ed, being able to open it with a phone. I set up the switch in my car when I got it. It's pretty good, it works from as far away as the corner of our street. But I guess you can check that the garage door is closed when you're away. That would be nice for the times when I can't remember shutting it!

I can't remember how many times in the past I left to go somewhere and had to circle back around because once I had left sight of the house, I had a panic attack thinking I didn't close the garage door.

I haven't tested this app from farther than the Wi-Fi can reach, yet, but it is supposed to be able to show us the current state of the door and let us open or close it remotely.

Well worth the $620 price tag, in my opinion. The old opener had died during the late fall or early winter, and we had been manually opening and closing the door.

• eku0
    good morning
    Haha, yep, some days I just circle back to make sure I closed it!
    Sounds like you're really busy at work, Ed. Good that you were able to fix the endless loop, the programmer should have caught that. I kind of miss programming, finding ways to make things work.
    It's currently 68F, mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 82F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I went shopping yesterday and picked up a few gifts, then went online and bought some more!
    Maybe go to the library today, and I should probably get around to doing some paperwork.
    Wishing all a fine day. 🍀🌻🌼
  • eku0
    good morning
    I had an interesting day yesterday. Cleaned up an old marble statue that belonged to my parents, now just have to get some super glue or something to attach it back to it's pedestal. Then we went to Frederick, walked up and down Market St, and then all along Carroll Creek (lots of water lillies). Had dinner at one of the restaurants there. I had baby scallops with pasta. It had a mild white sauce with asparagus and peas. Hubs had a pork chop with mashed potatoes.
    I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon. Will definitely stop by the library today as I didn't get there yesterday.
    It's currently 59F, a mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High 81F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Wednesday. 🌻🦋
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 28 and 30% chance of rain. But the forecast also says rain expected around 8:30 a.m. I guess we'll see.

One year ago today I started working for this company. I never expected it to be ongoing, as I was initially just going to help out until they could hire someone else, but it was such a good fit I just kept going and they decided that there was no need to hire someone else. As long as they need me and the job remains interesting I plan to keep going.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 under partly cloudy skies and 24% chance of rain. We got some rain last night, about bedtime. I guess nature thought my watering the container garden after dinner was a rain dance or something.

I was able to celebrate my workversary yesterday by actually catching up completely and clearing my work queue entirely! I also wrote up my self evaluation and sent that up the chain. I don't know if they are giving out raises this year or not, but I suspect not as money has been tight for a lot of companies. I will not be disappointed if I don't get a raise as the money I get is enough and I'm glad to be working.

And I'm sure that some more items will be on my queue this morning. I saw them lurking in the wings yesterday.

• eku0
    good morning
    Congrats, Ed on your one year work anniversary! Glad you're enjoying it. Nice that you finished things up yesterday.
    It rained here last night too.
    I was busy yesterday. Did some paperwork I've been putting off. Yay! I called and went to a new physical therapy place. Thought I'd get some fresh eyes. I went for acupuncture. And I went to the library.
    It's currently 60F, partly cloudy. High around 85F. Winds light and variable. Pretty nice day.
    Wishing all a cheerful Thursday. 🌤🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of only 24 under cloudy skies and 75% chance of rain. Sounds like a good day to stay in and enjoy the cooler weather.

I am working on updates to documentation at work, pending receipt of more testing requirements for various projects.