Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

It's 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 26 under cloudy skies and 70% chance of rain, especially in the afternoon.

Buttons seems to be feeling a lot better. I didn't spend much time downtown yesterday as I wanted to be home where I could keep an eye on her.

I may go back downtown today. We'll see.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy first birthday to Lilly. Enjoy the party.
    Ed-I hope Buttons is ok.
    Hi Irene.
    Nothing much going on here. I am getting excited to start my vacation, only a week and a half to go.
    Our new store director is leaving. He got a job working for Little Debbies cakes.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 and 55% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. The rain chance is greater in the afternoon and evening.

Today some friends who came down from Pittsburgh will be checking out of their downtown hotel, as Dragon Con will be ending, and coming to stay with us for a couple of nights before heading back home to Pennsylvania.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited September 2022
    good morning
    Sounds like a fun weekend, Ed, and extending the fun with guests! :)
    Thanks, Jo. The party was great, babies and kids galore, such a good time!
    I know you're going to have an amazing vacation! I hope you get a good replacement for your store manager. Lots of people seem to be switching jobs.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 71F, cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High around 80F. Winds light and variable.
    I need to exercise and start to get my diet back on track today.
    Wishing all a happy Labor Day! Yay for workers' rights (and a day off)! 🎈🌻
  • eku0
    good morning
    PT this morning. It looks like it pretty much rained all night, mostly cloudy with occasional light rain...mainly in the morning. High 81F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. We have flood warnings, but we don't usually have flooding nearby.
    We had lots of monarch caterpillers on our butterfly weeds this week. I read that they migrate to Mexico from here after they change to butterflies in a couple of weeks.
    I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend, and wishing all a good week ahead. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 30 under partly cloudy skies and 15% chance of rain.

I am late posting because the cats were distracted and only the hammering from next door actually got me up. The cats were watching J make some simple syrup in the kitchen and, perhaps, wondering if he was going to segue into making their breakfast.

He's still busy in there, but now I think he's making some juice mix for his home made Mountain Dew style drink, so the cats' breakfast will be late. They can wait a while longer.

• parityanimal
    My new glasses were ready this morning!

Half frame multiprogressives for "everything" and full frame single vision extra magnification for computer/work.

s4f0nio4mfs8.png

eu7ri1s3vlnm.png

• eku0
    Jo!!!
    n56i8btea7c7.png

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, nice glasses. :) Are your neighbors working on a big project? Awful to wake up to a racket.
    I have a busy day ahead. Acupuncture in the a.m., and a dexascan in the afternoon. Woke up too early this morning.
    Cooler today. It's currently 68, steady light rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High 73F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy hump day. 🐫☂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 sunny degrees with an expected high of 30 under mostly sunny skies and 30% chance of rain that, if it comes, could include thundershowers.

I am not sure what the neighbors were up to yesterday but after the hammering there was a lot of racket that sounded like maybe grinding up tree parts.

I need to get out to buy cat food, and perhaps a few grocery items. And after lunch we need to drop our guests off at the MARTA station so they can head to the airport and fly back to Pittsburgh, PA.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 20 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 28 and 31% chance of rain.

And it's back to work today. I successfully ignored all of that and disconnected entirely while on leave so it will be interesting to see what's waiting for me.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you got some time off and that the racket in the neighborhood is not an ongoing project. Hope you have something interesting to work on.
    It's kind of gray out this morning, currently 65F, cloudy skies. High 78F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. We had lots of rain yesterday.
    Our cleaning person is coming today, so that's nice. No specific plans for the day. Will just go with the flow.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🦋🐛🌺
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Malicious Monkeypox Scams

As health-related anxiety continues to be high from the COVID-19 pandemic, cybercriminals are creating scams to target a different health concern. Cybercriminals are using fear about monkeypox outbreaks to scare you into sharing sensitive information.

In one scam, cybercriminals send you an email about the latest monkeypox outbreaks and provide a link to mandatory safety awareness training. When you click this link, you’ll be taken to a fake Microsoft login page. If you enter your login credentials, you won't get access to monkeypox safety awareness training. Instead, cybercriminals will get access to your credentials and account.

To stay safe from similar scams, remember the following tips:

• Cybercriminals often use alarming topics to trick you into clicking impulsively. Always think before you click!

• If you receive an unexpected training notification, reach out to your manager to confirm that the training is legitimate.

• Before you click a link, hover your mouse over it. Watch out for links that are suspiciously long or show a different domain than the official website.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 21 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 26 under cloudy skies and 19% chance of rain.

I have some laundry that may need to be done.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I liked the quote from Robin Williams the other day. I actually enjoy doing laundry, hah!
    Nice that the weather is a little bit cooler. It's currently 60F, I have my window open. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 82F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have PT this a.m. I'm going to show her my x-ray report, she may change some of the exercises.
    I spent some time with my daughter and granddaughter yesterday, so much fun!
    It looks like it will be a nice day today, planning to spend some time outdoors.
    Happy Friday, everyone! Yay, weekend! 🌷🌞
  • eku0
    good morning
    Not sleeping well, up early. I have an MRI scheduled for this morning.
    It's currenty 56F, cooler! Cloudy. High 79F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun Saturday and a great weekend! 💐🎈
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 19 (Celsius) foggy degrees now with an expected cloudy high of 23 and 49% chance of rain.

I have some of yesterday's laundry left to fold and I should get the cars out to have their annual emissions check. If I do, I may pick up a few grocery items as well, and some kitty litter.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Busy week at work and yesterday I was feeling under the weather.
    One of my sister's passed away yesterday. She was 83. Her children are not having a funeral for her.
    On another note, Sophie brought a chipmunk in the house yesterday. It is still in here somewhere.
    Hubby set up a have a heart trap to see if we can catch it. It is so small and fast and there are lots of hiding places for it.
    Only a few more days until my vacation. With the Queen's passing, I hope it isn't too crazy over there and that things aren't closed.
    Ed-Like the new glassses.
    Vix-good luck with your MRI.
    Have a great weekend. :)

• eku0
    Jo, condolences on your sister's passing. Hugs.
    I hope you catch the chipmunk!
    And I wish you a wonderful vacation. I'm sure it'll be great to see your son and family.
    Try to relax and take it easy.
    (The MRI was fine, glad it's done).
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    Jo i am so sorry about your sister may she rip. I think a lot of people don't do funerals any more.
    Hope you enjoy your vacation hopefully every thing will be opened