Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited August 2022
    good morning
    Ed, enjoy the cooler air.
    I have a massage appt later this morning. I think I'd like to get my exercise done before I go.
    Quiet day yesterday, I did some cleaning. Didn't stay outside too long, there were mosquitos.
    Daughter and granddaughter stopped by for a few minutes. The baby is getting so big, adorable. 💕
    It's currently 62F, partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 88F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, Weekend! 🍹🍺🌼
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good Saturday morning
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 28 and 60% chance of mostly late afternoon and evening thundershowers.

I should get some laundry started today and may get out to the grocery after breakfast.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    edited August 2022
    good morning
    Hi Irene, Ed, and Jo.
    I think I may start wrapping presents today. Hubby's birthday, son and daughter-in-law's anniversary, and granddaughter's 1st birthday all coming up in the next couple of weeks.
    Did some laundry yesterday, a little more shopping, and enjoyed my massage.
    It's currently 71F, mostly sunny. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 89F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Happy Weekend, everyone. 🌼
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    The sun is shining and we will have a high of 90 today.
    I went with my daughter to pick up her new car yesterday. She got a Toyota corolla hatchback.
    We were there for over 3 hours, it was mentally draining. They try to sell all these extras and then keep saying, no pressure.
    Vix-looks like you have a busy couple of weeks celebrating.
    Ed-nice that you can use your phone to check on your garage door.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 cloudy degrees with an expected high of 28 and 51% chance of rain that could include thundershowers. We didn't get any rain yesterday, so I watered the container gardens last night with the bumblebees happily buzzing around, at the passionflower vines behind me and the chive blossoms in the container gardens. I didn't bother the bumblebees and they didn't bother me. I was, of course, careful not to water the bumblebees. LOL.

Nice to hear from you Joanne. I always hate going to buy a new car. But then I don't really like shopping for clothes either. And I barely tolerate grocery shopping but it's a necessary evil.

Now if I can go shopping in an INTERESTING shop, that's not terribly crowded, then I can have a nice time.

I need to pick up a prescription this morning, and maybe a jar of peanut butter.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited August 2022
    good afternoon
    Jo, good to hear from you. Congrats to your daughter on her new car! They do keep you there trying to sell useless add-ons, so annoying. Maybe that's why I keep my cars for so long!
    I guess you will be getting excited about your upcoming trip. :)
    Ed the garden sounds like it's doing well.
    Hi Irene.
    We had a nice day yesterday, my son and daughter-in-law came and we all went to my daughter's house and spent time with the little ones. It was great.
    It's currently 77F, a little cooler than yesterday. Cloudy this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 82F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 24% chance of rain.

Sounds rather dreary, but I will be inside working so that's OK.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It is overcast today and almost has the feel of fall.
    Today is my day off, but I have errands to run and will most likely be out of the house most of the day.
    Vix-Yes, I am getting excited about my trip. I have been putting things on the bed in the spare room that I am getting ready to pack. We are just taking carry on bags. It is so much easier than waiting for your luggage when you get to your destination.
    Ed-I have to be careful and not water the yellow jackets. I have a hummingbird feeder that they just love. The poor hummingbird had to fight for a space to feed.
    Hi Irene-How is Sammy doing?
    I am off to start my day! Have a good one!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I think our weather is about the same. Currently 72F, totally overcast, drizzly. Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. High 83F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Jo, a carry on is wise, I've been reading about the airports losing luggage. The trick is finding clothing that doesn't take up much space. ;) I'm excited for you. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy your day off. I have errands to run today too.
    I need to pick up some cards and superglue today. Will see what else the day brings.
    Another new week. Wishing all a good one. ☂🌼
  • parityanimal

SCAM OF THE WEEK:

PayPal Invoice Scams

Email spam filters are useful tools that prevent many scam emails from arriving in your inbox. Many users rely on spam filters to block phishing emails and, as a result, trust that emails sent to their inbox are legitimate. Cybercriminals take advantage of this trust by using legitimate websites like PayPal to send phishing emails and avoid spam filter detection.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals send you a fake invoice through a real PayPal account. Because emails from PayPal are not seen as spam, the email will probably be sent to your inbox rather than your spam folder. The email will look legitimate since it’s from a real Paypal account, but don't be fooled. If you pay this invoice, you won’t get a valuable service. Your money will go to cybercriminals so they can use it for their own purposes!

To protect yourself from this malicious scam, follow the tips below:

• Don’t rely on email spam filters to block phishing emails sent to you. Check emails for red flags like urgent deadlines and scare tactics to identify potential phishing scams.

• To verify the legitimacy of an invoice, contact the service provider directly by using a known phone number or email address. Do not use the phone number or link sent in the invoice to contact the service provider.

• Don’t trust the legitimacy of an email just because it was sent through a trusted website. Cybercriminals can use trusted websites to make their scams more believable.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• parityanimal
    edited August 2022
    For Monday night dinner, Eduardo seems to have slipped out. My original intent was to make a nice piece of chuck roast into pot roast. Eduardo had other ideas at the slow cooker though.

Shredded beef, with bacon, in red wine, mushroom and onion gravy, with carrots. Sort of a home-style version of Boeuf Bourguignon.

As started, as finished, and as served, over mashed potatoes with green beans on the side.

On all the sides, actually, since I decided to get fancy with it and ring the beans around the main dish.

z8ck7ir4t60a.png

0qcuprzs7dtp.png

xa3qcu25njs4.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 30 and 15% chance of rain.

I will probably need to water the container garden today.

I finished a revamp of one set of documentation yesterday, aside from proofreading and tweaking. I have another set to look at today if they don't have more program testing ready yet.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, fun and good food when Eduardo gets out!
    Off to PT for me in a few minutes.
    It's a beautiful day, currently 72F, clear blue sky. Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High near 85F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a good day! 🌞🌻🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 29 and 52% chance of rain that could include thundershowers.

I have an appointment with the optometrist today, for my vision check, and to order new glasses regardless of whether there is a change in my prescription, as my old pair is wearing out.

• eku0
    good morning
    Have a good visit with the optometrist, Ed. Hope you find some nice new glasses.
    We had a good downpour yesterday or maybe it was the day before. Sheesh, days are merging together again! Anyway we probably had some rain overnight, my screens have drops on them.
    It's currently 63F, sunshine and a few clouds. High 87F. Winds light and variable.
    I have an acupuncture appt later this morning. I'll get my exercise done before I go. Then I can just relax after, and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a rollicking Wednesday. 🐫🐪🐫
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 26 and 99% (make that 100%) chance of rain.

The dishwasher is running. I have a small test scenario waiting for me at work and possibly some others, but one is a priority. I got a lot closed yesterday, and one now needs a final, production build, test for verification.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like work is going well, humming along.
    It's pretty out so far today, currently 70F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 89F. Winds light and variable.
    Our house is getting cleaned today. I think I will sort through some more things, list out what I'll need for our Sunday gathering, see what else comes up.
    Wishing all a smooth Thursday. 🌞🎵🌼
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 22 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 31% chance of rain that could include a thundershower if it happens.

Not sure what's on the agenda for work today but will find out soon.

• eku0
    edited August 2022
    good morning
    The sun just seems to be coming up now, it's 68F, cloudy and a bit misty out. The forecast is for sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a PT appt at 9am. And will see what the day brings after that.
    Happy Friday to all. Yay, weekend! 🍷🌼