Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 18 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 28 under partly cloudy skies and 31% chance of rain overall.

I might get out to Kroger for a couple of things. I mostly just want to take it easy today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 18 (Celsius) fair (starry) degrees with an expected high of 26 under mostly cloudy skies and 3% chance of rain.

I guess it's back to work today. They still haven't completed my annual review yet. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    we did get more rain in the afternoon and a lot of wind. But it was warmer today on our walk it was like 60
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited September 2022
    good morning
    Nice to see you popping back in, Irene.
    Ed, hope you had a nice relaxing day.
    We had a great time with the family yesterday. <3 They are all so sweet and precious. Will is bright and full of energy, and Lilly is starting to walk.
    I had a Reuben sandwich, can't remember the last time I had one! And the cheesecake was delicious. Haha, that pretty much used up my calories for the day! Back to sugar free today.
    I have a massage appt this morning, and am looking forward to it.
    And I'll probably set up my new laptop after that.
    It's currently 55F, sun and clouds mixed. High 73F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a shiny new week. 🎀
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Zelle Fraud Alert Scams

Zelle is a popular mobile payment application that allows users to send payments to one another. Like most financial institutions, Zelle alerts users of possible fraud to stop suspicious account activity from happening. However, not all fraud alerts are legitimate. Cybercriminals can impersonate Zelle and send fake fraud alerts to scam you.

In a new smishing (SMS phishing) scam, cybercriminals may send you a fraud alert text message claiming to be from Zelle. If you reply to the message, the cybercriminals will call you with spoofed caller ID so the phone number looks legitimate. If you answer their call, they’ll use social engineering tactics, such as a heightened level of urgency, to try to trick you into sending money to an imposter Zelle account. This account will look like your account, but the money you send will go directly to the cybercriminals.

Follow these tips to stay safe from these scams:

• If you receive a text message alerting you about suspicious activity on your account, don’t reply to the text message. Contact the financial services institution directly by calling the phone number on their website.

• Never trust your caller ID. Cybercriminals can spoof phone numbers to impersonate someone else.

• Always be cautious of unexpected text messages. While this attack targets Zelle users, this smishing scam could be used with any financial institution.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• parityanimal
    edited September 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) clear (starry?) degrees with an expected sunny high of 24 and 1% chance of rain.

Meatless Monday dinner last night was Morningstar Farms spicy black bean cheeseburgers (no buns) with tater tots. Not terribly exciting and the burgers were not really spicy, but it was good, and it was easy.

Not sure what work awaits today, other than tweaking documentation. But I'll see soon. I'm waiting for the programmers to push some code changes so I can test them.

On the home front I may need to get some laundry started.

• eku0
    hello
    It's currently 66F, partly cloudy. High 68F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I spent all afternoon yesterday getting my laptop partially set up. The biggest PITA was getting my Norton transferred from my old laptop to the new. It took hours because it didn't work right to begin with and their contracted help desk is awful and just tries to sell you stuff. There are still a few things I need to do, but will take my time getting the rest set up and sorted out. The new one is pretty nice, starts up easily and is fast.
    I went to the Pain Dr. this morning and will be going for a cortisone injection on Friday. That should help a bit.
    Ed, my bank actually sent me that scam alert. Good that you're keeping us up on those!
    Wishing all a good day. ⛅
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

2s4ai337zick.png

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 23 under partly cloudy skies and 0% chance of rain.

We'll see what the day brings.

• eku0
    hdjcs72vqfes.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning.
    It's currently 55F, mostly sunny skies this morning will give way to mostly cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 67F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Have a great birthday, Ed.
    Wishing all a pleasant day. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 23 under sunny skies and 0% chance of rain.

Today is J's birthday. Dinner will be whatever he wants. I think J was surprised by my choice of homemade homestyle chili with beans for my birthday, but not surprised at all by the carrot cake dessert or the martini! LOL!

• IreneMurman
    good morning
    Happy Birthday ED
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, wish J a happy birthday from me! Carrot cake and a martini sound great! :) I like chili too.
    I made my crispy baked tofu last night, along with some veggies.
    Irene, it's nice and brisk outside this a.m.
    It's currently 50F here, sunshine and clouds mixed. High 67F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Looks like it will be in the 50s and 60s this week.
    No special plans for today. Will probably try to work on my new laptop a bit, and contact HP about the warranty. They have the wrong date.
    Wishing all an easy Thursday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Ordering in tonight (Thursday) from our favorite Thai restaurant in the area, all vegetarian since it's J's birthday. And we have chocolate cake for dessert already here. I'm sipping my martini now.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 15 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 25 and 0% chance of rain.

Dinner was nice and enough left over for two or three more plates of food. I ate most of the fried tofu appetizer, while J had the fresh spring rolls. Then we both had small plates of spicy basil fried rice and spicy pad kee mao, drunken noodles, both with fried tofu for the protein. Most of the fried rice and noodles then went into the fridge for later meals and we had chocolate cake for J's birthday dessert.

I can feel the weekend coming!

• IreneMurman
    good Friday morning,
    Happy Birthday J
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like a delicious birthday celebration for J!
    I'm getting a cortisone shot this morning, hoping that will help.
    I got my warranty fixed yesterday. But then the rental agent called about the house we were renting for next weekend. It had a leak and won't be repaired on time. She sent 3 comparables for us to look at, so had to look them over and decide on another one. Waiting for the new contract.
    It's currently 47F, a mix of clouds and sun (mostly cloudy) early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 64F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy Friday and a great weekend! 🍃🌠

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope the storm skipped by you on the way to South Carolina. We're getting some rain from the edges of it for a couple of days.
    Hi Irene and Jo. I guess Jo is still on vacation. I hope you're having fun across the pond!
    I got 2 cortisone shots yesterday for right and left sacroiliac. It takes a few days to settle in, but I'm looking forward to feeling better.
    Taking it slow today, going to take care of some things around the house.
    It's currently 52F, cloudy with occasional light rain during the afternoon. High 61F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%. We're actually having continuing light rain on and off since last night.
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend. 🦋
  • parityanimal

Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 24 under sunny skies and 0% chance of rain. The container garden is showing serious decline, but we may get a few more tomatoes, bell peppers, and jalapenos. I see some late flowers on bell pepper plants and there are a few more scrawny jalapenos and tomatoes that may come through. If not, we had a satisfying enough harvest and enjoyed them through the summer.

I have a dryer full of laundry to fold this morning and may get out to Kroger.
    eku0 wrote: »
    good morning
    Ed, I hope the storm skipped by you on the way to South Carolina. We're getting some rain from the edges of it for a couple of days.
    🦋

The storm veered well to the east of us here in the Atlanta area, though we did get a couple of days of somewhat strong winds. The company we work for has the main office in Murrell's Inlet, North Carolina, right smack in the path of the storm. We know the people who work at that office cleared out in advance of the storm. At least I think most of them did. I'm sure we'll get news Monday on how much damage, if any, we got there. The owner of the company showed us rising water behind his house there, from the security cameras, until the power went out at the house. He wasn't there, as he spends most of his time in his Charlotte home now.

The cats let me sleep in this morning, grudgingly, but I was up in time to feed them before they wasted away to nothing. We were up late last night watching Hocus Pocus 2 on the Disney channel. We were pleasantly surprised to find that there was no additional charge to watch it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very well done.

My tea mug is empty.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope your company's main office is ok. This storm is a doozy. We've cooled off considerably here, but there are still flowers blooming, marigolds and asters and a few others. Almost time to clean up the garden for winter.
    It's currently 54F and rainy, expecting continuing rain for the next couple of days. Gale warnings and small craft warnings for the boating people. High around 55F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph where we are.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🦋