Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning
    Another new week. Only 2 appts this week. That's good. Done with PT for now, will just do the home exercises.
    It's currently 64F, mostly sunny. High 86F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. It's so nice to keep the windows open in the morning and let some air into the house.
    Jo, safe travels, have a really wonderful trip.
    Wishing all a happy new week. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Watch Out for Queen Elizabeth II Related Scams

Last week, news stories announced that Queen Elizabeth II, who is known for having the longest reign of any British monarch, passed away at 96 years old. When an influential figure such as the queen passes away, people across the world will be interested in reading more about their life and death.

Cybercriminals take advantage of high-profile news stories to catch your attention and manipulate your emotions. In the coming weeks, we expect to see cybercriminals referencing the queen’s death in phishing attacks and social media disinformation campaigns.

Follow these tips to stay safe from these scams:

• Always think before you click. Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and trigger you to click impulsively.

• Be suspicious of emails, texts, and social media posts that contain shocking information about this event. These may lead to disinformation, which is false information designed to mislead you.

• If you receive a suspicious email, follow your organization’s procedure to report the email.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

• eku0
    This week I've been getting one from Dick's sporting goods saying that I've won something.
    I didn't enter a contest and they don't have my email, so they go straight to the scam folder.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 20 mostly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 32 under mostly sunny skies and 9% chance of rain.

Nothing critical on the home front. More work on documentation at work.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Keep up the good work, Ed.
    Not much new here. Looks like it will be a beautiful day. I'm enjoying the cool mornings, our garden, the late blooming flowers, visits by a hummingbird, and the last of the butterflies and caterpillers.
    Made it through a week with no added sugars or sugar substitutes, it helps a little.
    It's currently a 64F, plenty of sunshine. High 82F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. 🌞🌺
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected high of 33 under sunny skies and 2% chance of rain. It's going to be a hot one!

I slipped out briefly yesterday to pick up a prescription and then ran by Lidl for a very few grocery items, especially the milk and eggs.

I finished the user document I was working on yesterday but now they want me to do another one, on a different project that I have never used before. Whee! I can't even get the project to connect yet and I'm not sure what that's about but have been working on some testing while J and I try to figure out why it won't connect.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    well we are having our central air and furnace replaced on Friday ,Ac broke on last Thursday our ac broke and we know our furnace is only a matter of time both are 25 years old so its time can you believe it is costing 8000.00 oh well needs to be fixed we kinda was expecting it to go.
    hope everyone is having a great day
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, sorry about your furnace and AC, but it will be nice to have a brand new system.
    Ed, sounds like they're keeping you on your toes. Good luck getting the project connected and figured out.
    I just bought a new laptop online, supposed to be here next Monday. Mine's been acting funny, not wanting to turn on, freezing on occasion, etc. It's about 9 years old so I guess it's just wearing out.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have an acupuncture appt.
    It's currently 63F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 84F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Another nice day. Wishing everyone a happy 🐫 day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 7% chance of rain.

More testing and documentation awaiting at work!

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 69F, cloudy and damp with rain this morning...then becoming partly cloudy. High around 75F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    I have a follow-up with the orthopedist this morning.
    And it's my daughter's birthday. We're going to celebrate on Sunday.
    Wishing all a pleasant day. 🌺☂
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we closed our pool yesterday I think this has been the latest we have had the pool opened. But I am ready for the cooler weather.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter Vix also enjoy your house getting clean
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cool, clear degrees with an expected high of 25. Thank goodness the weather is cooling off a bit. The last few days have been mercilessly hot.

More testing to do today and still trying to get that one iPad app to connect to where it needs to.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it was 52 when we walked today. Sammie sure enjoyed the cooler she was really playful on our walk.
    hope everyone has a great Friday
  • eku0
    Good morning
    A taste of Fall this morning, it's currently 49F, abundant sunshine. High 66F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. May go to a nice park to walk around today.
    Ed and Irene, glad you're enjoying the cooler weather. Me too!
    Wishing all a pleasant day. Happy Friday!🌞
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it was 48 when we walked today.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 27 under sunny skies and 1% chance of rain.

The work week ended well enough I guess. That pesky iPad app still won't connect to the port on my notebook. We suspect I may have to set up a security certificate on the notebook for it, or set up the other end on one of our already active servers. I prefer to test locally when possible, but we'll look more into this later. It's not terribly important, and we have more updates to a new program that will be put in place next week, which will entail more updates to the installation and user guide that I keep "finishing" for it.

Dinner last night was pizza from Marco's. My small, one topping pizza was FREE for my birthday, which is actually next Wednesday, but they emailed me a coupon code good for one free small, one topping, birthday pizza, to be used between September 23 and October 22. Nice that I had a span of time to use it in rather than having to buy it on my birthday.

Beans are baking in the oven for what should be the last pool party of the year. There may be a Halloween themed party next month there, but the pool won't be open for that, if there even is a party. The hot tub might be though.

But now I'm ready for my next cup of tea.

• eku0
    good morning
    Currently 51F, partly cloudy skies. High 71F. Winds light and variable.
    Ed, still warm in your area. I took out my Nook notepad this week, I was trying to download Libby so I could download audio books from the library, but the Nook is messed up. I had to update Google Play before I could download anything and there wasn't enough space. I have an extra memory card in there, but couldn't find any way to transfer things to it. So I deleted some stuff and was able to fix Google Play. I tried listening to the audiobook online, but I really don't like listening, so decided to drop the whole plan! I'd rather read than listen. Have fun at the pool party.
    Irene, cooling off here too.
    We went to Great Falls National Park yesterday, and walked around for a couple of hours. It was a beautiful day, the falls in that part of the Potomac are always great to see, parts of the C&O canal were pretty low, and some parts had grown a lot of cattails and other flora. There was a little fox walking near us when we got there, of course I didn't think to take a picture, but hubby did.
    Probably a quiet day today, I will be baking a cheesecake tonight for our celebration tomorrow.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Have a great weekend. 🌳🌞
  • parityanimal
    Back from the end of season pool party. I'm exhausted but it was nice. All of my baked beans got dished out except for one small spoonful I had to scrape the pan to get at the end. They turned out really well this time. Of course I've been making baked beans for 43 years so they should turn out well. LOL.

I ate too much dessert and feel kind of overstuffed, and so does J. We may not see some of the people again until next year, though there may be a Halloween or Thanksgiving house party, or maybe a Christmas/New Year party somewhere.

I need to get tonight's food ready for Remus and then go on to bed.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it was55 on our walk but it started to rain so we only took a short walk.
    have a great Sunday
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Irene, it's supposed to be raining here too, but I don't see it yet.
    Ed, so glad you had fun at the party. It's nice that you all get together so often.
    It's currently 56F, showers this morning then scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 76F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    We're meeting at my daughter's house this afternoon to celebrate her birthday. I made a blueberry cheesecake last night for the party. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕💐🦋