Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    I may find out tonight just how unbelievable the microwave butter popcorn is. J is at a party that is usually given for the local orchid society on the weekend of the orchid show. While the hosts always create amazing gourmet food, I didn't feel like driving in for it. J went straight from the show at closing time this afternoon.

My head is a bit stuffy and I have a slight headache.

My decidedly non-gourmet Saturday night dinner (and it will be Sunday lunch too) was hamburger steak smothered in mushroom gravy. Nary a peep from Eduardo!

3jsi88hufurf.png

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning,
    MY procedure went well. I had my kidney stones lasered and a stent put in to help the stone fragments pass easier. I go back on the 31th to have the stent removed. Hubbies procedure has to be rescheduled, so we are waiting on a new date.
    The weather has been so nice, a little cool in the morning but warm and sunny in the afternoon. I have been doing a little yard work every day.
    Ed-I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    hope you enjoy your popcorn
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Jo, glad your procedure went well, and it sounds like you are feeling fine. I hope hubbies procedure gets rescheduled soon and all goes well. The weather's been really nice here too, cool mornings, warming up in the afternoon.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, I buy plain popcorn, trying to avoid the chemicals. Hubby likes the butter ones. :) Hope your headache went away.
    It's currently 45F, sun and clouds mixed. High 71F. Winds light and variable. The trees in our neighborhood are all turning beautiful colors now. It's gorgeous just looking out my window.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🕊️🍂
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

Glad your procedure went well, Jo!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 1% chance of rain.

I may get out again, just for milk. Today is the last day of the orchid show and J is getting ready to head that way. I may also start some laundry today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 16 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected high of 23 under partly sunny skies and 2% chance of rain. Tonight, we are expecting a low of 2 (Celsius) which is perilously close to the frost point so will likely be bringing the remaining plants into the garage for the winter this evening, after work. I have already put two fresh 100-watt equivalent led daylight bulbs into the garage overhead light to assist the plants with light needs. We need to rearrange a few things to make room for some of the larger plants, but we can manage.

Dinner last night, for me, was some of the slow cooked chili that I made yesterday. I will probably have that for lunch and dinner today too. J stopped on the way home from the orchid show for Taco Bell food, which was what I expected.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, that sounds like quite a setup in your garage. I'm not taking any plants in this year. I only put one coleus out and I kept one inside.
    It's cooling off a bit this week.
    Currently 53F, cloudy. High 64F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have a yearly radiology appt this morning, and I'm thinking I may add some color to my hair this afternoon.
    Wishing all a pleasant new week. 🍂🎃
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is cloudy and we are expecting rain.
    I am having my chimney repointed. The staging is going up now. It should be finished sometime tomorrow. We are also having our garage door replaced. It has been ordered just waiting for it to come in.
    I am going to try and bring a few plants into by enclosed breezeway for the winter. I hope they survive.
    I am planning on retiring next spring, so have been researching medicare advantage plans. There are so many to choose from. :#
    Have a grat day! :)
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Disaster Relief Scams

When a natural disaster strikes, many people rely on insurance providers for disaster relief to help them pay for damages to property. Unfortunately, cybercriminals can take advantage of this vulnerable situation by manipulating you into sharing sensitive information.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals call you and pretend to be an agent from your insurance provider. They use a spoofed phone number so the call seems legitimate. The cybercriminals claim that they need your personal information, such as your insurance account details, to reimburse you for damages. If you share this information with them, you won’t receive disaster relief. Instead, the cybercriminals can use your account details to impersonate you and steal your reimbursement.

Follow the tips below to keep your sensitive information safe from disaster relief scams:

• Verify that messages are legitimate before taking action. Contact the organization directly by using another line of communication.

• Never trust your caller ID. Cybercriminals can spoof phone numbers to impersonate someone else.

• Don't share personal information, such as insurance details, in an unexpected phone call. Instead, log in to your insurance provider’s website to share any necessary information safely.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 11 and 0% chance of rain.

We got some of the plants moved in last night and will have to get the rest this afternoon and evening as the temperatures for the next few nights are going to be hovering around the freezing mark, and possibly dipping below freezing.

Yesterday I found several minor errors in a new program, so that got returned to the programmer for additional work.

I just heard the heat kicking on! I guess it finally really feels like fall around here.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's cooler here too, Ed.
    I have a follow up appt with the pain Dr. this morning. And there are always things to do around the house.
    It's currently 39F, sun and clouds mixed. High 54F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a nice brisk Autumn Day. 🍂🍂🎃
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    well I didn't do any planting this year so I really don't have to worry about plants.
    Jo I am glad everything went good on your procedure. I know what you are talking about all the different health plans good luck.
    Vix good luck with the pain DR
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    The chimney guys are here already. I feel sorry or them having to work in the rain.
    Vix-good luck at the pain Dr.
    Ed-It is cooler here also but supposed to be back in the 70's by the weekend.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 2 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -1) with an expected sunny high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation. It's definitely going to be a slightly chilly day.

We got the all the plants moved in last night and can still manage to walk through the garage, so all is good.

• eku0
    edited October 2022
    good morning
    Glad you got your plants in, Ed!
    Jo, good that you got your chimney fixed before winter. Only supposed to get back in the 70s here 2 days next week.
    The pain Dr. visit was fine. I have a follow up in 2 months, but can call sooner if I need to.
    Irene, I guess it's cooling off in NJ too! We've pretty much got the East Coast covered. ;)
    We had a freeze warning for last night, so hubby shut off the outdoor faucets. Good that that's done before it gets too cold!
    It's currently 41F, partly cloudy. High 53F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    We still have some asters, zinnia, and marigolds blooming, probably some others too, and one of our rose bushes decided to have a second late blooming!
    May try to catch the Orionid meteor shower over the next few nights if I can stay up that late or get up early enough.
    Wishing all a pleasant Autumn Day. Happy 🐫 day! 🍂🍂🎃
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    it was 33 when we walked this morning. I had gloves on but my fingers still got cold. It felt like winter.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected high of 17 and 1% chance of precipitation.

The heat is certainly running this morning! I woke up with a headache. Hopefully the ibuprofen will kick in shortly.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed I hope you got rid of your headache.
    hi Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you're feeling better.
    Irene, time to pull out the winter gloves!
    Hi Jo.
    It's currently 39F here. We're having freeze warnings overnight. Abundant sunshine expected today. High near 60F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    My housecleaner is coming today, and I have a phone appt with my rheumatologist in the late afternoon.
    I have some paperwork to clear up and some other things to do around the house, and it'll probably be a nice afternoon to sit out in the sunshine.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🍂🌞🎃
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Chilly start to the day.
    Vix-Our temps are about the same.
    Ed-I hope you are feeling better.
    Irene-I am not ready for gloves and hats yet. :#
    I have a hair appt. this afternoon, other than that I am just puttering around the house.
    Have a great day! :)