Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 8 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 21 and 2% chance of rain.

Not sure what the work day will hold. I started an hour ago and am taking a tea break. LOL.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Update.

The work day came with my boss telling me I have a raise, effective mid November. Only $3,000 more a year, but as I wasn't expecting any it was a nice surprise.

And October 27 is National Black Cat Day so here is our entry for the sweetest, cutest black cat. Orion.

h09wd0m2rswz.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 12 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 21 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I'm having some leftover Thai food for breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    its pretty chilly this morning had to put gloves on for our walk.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Ed, congratulations on your raise!!! It's nice to be appreciated. Orion is very pretty.
    Irene, chilly here too. I've been wearing gloves when I go out in the mornings. My hands get really dry in colder weather.
    It's currently 39F, chilly, a mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. I saw a blue jay at our feeder this a.m.
    I have a massage appt this morning. Looking forward to that, my neck is pretty stiff.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Happy Weekend!🍂🌞🎃
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning,
    Thank you for the birthday wishes!
    Ed-congratulations on getting a raise.
    Vix-I hope your massage helped your stiff neck.
    Irene-It has been pretty chilly here also.
    Haven't been doing much. I hope once I get the stent out I will not be so uncomfortable.
    This Tuesday will be my first day back at work. I am actually looking forward to going.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I didn't think about having a temporary stent. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel so much better after it's removed on Monday. Hugs. Has hubby had his procedure yet? I hope he's doing ok.
    Another crisp morning here, currently 38F and sunny, a nice Autumn day. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 61F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun, relaxing weekend. 🍂🌞🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 2% chance of rain. The rain chance increases for Sunday and Monday so maybe we'll get some then.

I may get out to Kroger today, but there is nothing really critical on the list. We do need to take Buttons to the vet for her annual stuff, and then maybe run by one of the early voting locations to get our voting in.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo hope you start to feel better I never heard of a temporary stent. But hope it helped.
    Our weather has been chilly only did a short walk will make up for it on the treadmill.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it is kind of chilly in the mornings for walking. But good that you like the treadmill.
    Ed, it's nice to get the voting done early, at least around here, there is really no waiting.
    Good luck tomorrow, Jo. I hope it's an easy procedure to remove the stent.
    Another beautiful, crisp Autumn morning here. We went for a nice long walk in Piney Run Park yesterday. The trees were gorgeous, though starting to fade, and the weather was perfect for a walk, right about 60 and sunny. I need to carve my pumpkin today. :)
    It's currently 38F, mostly sunny. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday! 🍂🌞🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 13 (Celsius) degrees and fog. The expected cloudy high is 15 degrees with 67% chance of rain.

We did get out to vote, with no lines and no wait, which was lovely. Then we stopped for a light lunch at Zaxby's, came home, picked up Buttons for her annual stuff, and J had another errand to run, but I stayed home to hang out with Buttons in case of any reaction from her annual shots.

She seemed fine, but she didn't want to get very far from me for very long, so we took little walks around the house to the litter boxes and to her food bowl, and back to my office space, in case she wanted anything in those areas but didn't want to leave me to go there.

I never did get out to Kroger and may yet do that today. We'll see.

• parityanimal
    edited October 2022
    7y6gzp1ddoea.png

It's marvelous Monday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 41% chance of precipitation. I am pretty sure I heard a few rain drops hitting the skylights though.

While I don't expect any trick or treaters, I did buy a little bit of candy that will, no doubt, end up being eaten by us. We haven't had any in recent years, except for one group of three teenagers, not in costume, rather old to be trick or treating, and prowling rather late. We had no outside lights on that night and were not participating so they wasted their time climbing the somewhat steep hill of our driveway.

I suspect they were hoping to score any leftover candy from houses after the younger kids had done for the night.

This year, we have a lot of Spanish moss hanging in the trees, for southern charm, but people may take that as Halloween decorations so we might get some trick or treaters, hence my purchase of a small amount of candy.

Well, back to work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    0m9v7zhzr1u7.png
    We usually have a ton of kids for Halloween, bought a giant bag of candy. It's supposed to rain tonight, so it should be enough!
    I hope the parade at the preschool in the afternoon doesn't get cancelled. I am looking forward to seeing the little ones all in their costumes.
    It's currently 47F, foggy, overcast with rain showers at times. High around 65F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fun day. 🍂🎃☔

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Google Translate Phishing Scams

Google Translate is a free service that you can use to translate text from one language to another. Since Google Translate is a Google product, many people view it as a sign that a webpage is trustworthy. Now, cybercriminals are spoofing Google Translate pages to make their phishing campaigns seem legitimate.

In a new phishing scam, cybercriminals send an email claiming that important emails are being withheld from your inbox. The email instructs you to click a link to log in and confirm your account. This link will redirect you to a spoofed login page that displays a Google Translate banner. This banner claims that text on this page has been translated into your language and makes the page look legitimate. If you enter your login credentials, cybercriminals will use them to access your account and steal your sensitive information.

Use the tips below to spot Google Translate phishing scams:

• If you receive an email claiming you have an account issue, always log in to the organization’s website directly.

• Before you click a link, hover your mouse over it. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the email.

• Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your accounts when it is available. MFA adds a layer of security by requiring that you provide additional verification to log in to your account.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 22 and 3% chance of rain.

No trick or treaters came by, which is fine by me. We had a quiet supper of scramble eggs and tater tots and binged several episodes of a serial we are currently watching.

Back to work this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    We had a lot of kids even though it was raining, but less than usual, so we have a lot of leftover candy I have to figure out where to donate.
    They had the parade at the preschool, it was sooooo cute! They got back inside just before it started to rain. All in all, a fun day.
    It's currently 57F, some fog now, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High near 70F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Another new month, Happy November!
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🍂🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 14 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 22 and 7% chance of rain. Supper last night was taco Tuesday salad, and lunch today will be leftover chili beans and taco rice from the salad fixings last night.

Garbage and recycles are at the curb for pick up.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, taco salad sounds yummy. We had a treat last night, a roast beef. (Don't have beef very often) It was tender and juicy and delicious, with a small baked sweet potato.
    I have an acupuncture appt later this morning, and need to run a few errands.
    It's currently 48F, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 69F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. There are still some beautiful colored trees out my window, but the leaves are starting to brown out and fall on others. We're having a nice Autumn this year, though I wish it would last longer.
    Wishing all a smooth Wednesday. Happy 🐫day! 🍂🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 3% chance of rain.

It's been a slow week so far at work. I've been delving deeper into one of the products we support and have started some training to better understand the programs when I have to look at code.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    nothing new here.
    I am going for lunch today going to meet up with 2 of my friends .One has brain cancer I feel so bad for her she has decided not to get treatment I keep her in my prayers
    hopw everyone has a great day