Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Ed, I hope the storm is not bad in your area.
    My sister went home last night, her son and daughter-in-law are with her. She sounded a lot better. She still can't get around by herself or be alone, but seems to be healing well.
    The acupuncture was good for me yesterday.
    We're having a valve replaced on our main water line in the house today. It's all rusted out. I'm hoping that's the last of the repairs for a while.
    It's currently 40F, sunshine and clouds mixed. High 68F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. A bit warmer today.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🍂🌞
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 19 under cloudy skies and 97% chance of rain, but since it's raining, I'll give it 100% for my location.

Looks like it will be a cooling trend for the next several days.

I may need to buy a few groceries this weekend, but I think I am already done with Thanksgiving grocery shopping.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    good morning
    We babysat last night. It was nice. the grandchildren are wonderful.
    My sister will be getting nurses and rehab people doing home visits, so that's good.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. I'm looking forward to that. I have a big pain in my neck! 😏
    It's currently 55F, foggy/rainy. Thundershowers this afternoon following a period of morning rain. High near 70F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🍂☔🍷
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 59F, sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 64F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I found a suction cup hanger for my front door and sewed a door protector for my wreath this week. It's working! Didn't want to scratch the glass on the door. I like hanging seasonal wreaths. They look festive.
    I'm finding little projects around the house. Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a fun weekend. 🍂🌞🍷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    we had a lot of rain it started yesterday and it was still raining this morning.
    We didn't walk this morning because it was pouring so i have a pup with lots of energy maybe later i will take her out and play ball
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sweet Saturday!

We have 16 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 19 and 15% chance of precipitation. The forecast is calling for below freezing temperatures tonight, but then staying above freezing for the next several cooler days. It's actually starting to feel like fall again.

I think I'll get out to the stores today. I need cat food from PetsMart and groceries from Kroger.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-It is good that your sister will have help at home. I hope she feels better every day.
    Ed-we are still have temps in the high 60 and 70's, so it doesn't feel like fall yet, except for all the leaves in my yard. The landscapers should be here sometime this week to clean them all up.
    Irene-do you have a fenced in yard that Sammy could run around in when you are unable to get your walks in?
    I have started my Christmas shopping, only a few more things to pick up and I am done.
    Hubby is slowly feeling better. He plans to go back to work tomorrow, on light duty.
    Have a good weekend. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo glad to hear your husband is doing better. Our whole yard is fenced in so Sammie does get to run which she does very well.
    Our weather has gotten cooler and a lot of rain glad I have the treadmill.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, so glad hubby is feeling better, and that he's able to do light duty. Amazing that you are almost done with Christmas shopping! Good for you. I have picked up a few things.
    Irene, nice that you can let Sammie run in your yard.
    It has gotten cooler here, all highs of 40s and 50s in the 10 day forecast. It's currently 41F, a mix of clouds and sun. High 47F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph
    We took our grandson to gymnastics yesterday, and I got to play with both grandchildren for a while. The other grandma was taking a turn babysitting. It was nice to see her and her daughter. They are so sweet, and we don't see each other that often.
    I took a hot soak in the tub this morning, haven't done that for a while. It should be a nice relaxing day.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🍂🌞🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 2 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Most of my siblings have already seen snow this season, though the two of us in Georgia have not seen it yet. We may have an interesting winter this year. We'll see.

I got all my grocery shopping done yesterday and spent an appalling amount of money but may get out today for a brief trip to see whether any Advent calendars are available and spend more money. I would like a hard seltzer or wine calendar, and a cheese calendar, if I can find those. I well look at Aldi and then at Publix, if Aldi doesn't have any. And I may find a wine calendar at Kroger if I haven't found a hard seltzer or wine calendar somewhere else.

• parityanimal
    Well, Publix didn't have the Ilchester cheese advent calendar that I loved last year, or at least not yet (or already sold out) but across the street at Aldi I found this year's Advent calendars.

Wine. Cheese. Chocolate. And my annual six pack of hard cider for fall. These will do nicely.

j5shuud27zvd.png

ifgp6wm6r66d.png

ar69wx7uultv.png

d05avyg7i1bd.png

• parityanimal
    Well Eduardo changed my plans for my Sunday dinner. I was planning shredded pork with barbecue sauce but ended up with braised pork in a creamy white wine and mushroom gravy, with a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes to liven it up, along with some herbs, of course. And a big glass of the Sauvignon Blanc used in the gravy was my beverage choice for dinner.

I served it with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sea salted green beans.

rwqe2ayxpsnq.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree (feels like -3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Back to work today. Leftover food from last night's dinner was a lovely breakfast, and will be a lovely lunch too.

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Student Loan Relief Scams

The U.S. Government recently announced its plan to give citizens up to $20,000 of student loan relief. This plan requires that citizens submit an application to determine if they qualify for the loan.

Cybercriminals are taking advantage of this process by using fraudulent applications in their scams.

Cybercriminals send you a phishing email that appears to come from an official federal agency, such as the U.S. Department of Education. This email states that you need to apply for student loan relief and provides a link to the application. If you click this link, you'll be taken to a spoofed application page that asks for sensitive information, such as your direct deposit details. Cybercriminals can use this information to access your bank account and steal your money.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Be suspicious of emails, texts, and social media posts that contain information about student loan or other financial relief plans. These messages may lead to disinformation, which is false information designed to mislead you.

• Stay up-to-date about financial relief efforts by following local news and other trusted sources. To see what actions you may need to take, visit an official government website and only follow links from the website.

• Before you click a link, hover your mouse over it. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the email.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, wine and mushroom gravy sounds delicious. And I like all your advent calendars. I like hard cider for the holidays, and I found I like the hard seltzers too! They seem lighter than most alcoholic drinks.
    It's currently 39F, seems mostly sunny, partly cloudy. High 46F. Winds light and variable.
    Another new week, wishing all a good one. 🍂🌞🦃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected overcast high of 9 and 100% chance of rain.

A couple of clients were having trouble with products Friday and Monday, but it looks like at least one has been resolved. The other upgraded someone else's product without first testing to see if it would work with our integration and SURPRISE. I had an idea of a possible solution that isn't the best but might work. Maybe we'll be able to see today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good luck fixing the problem. We used to have managers who would download apps without asking, usually the cause of a virus or some other mess. C'est la vie.
    It's currently 29F here. Everything is frosty outside, grass, bushes, rooftops. Cloudy with rain developing this afternoon. High 43F. Winds light and variable.
    I have my yearly eye appt this afternoon. 👀 Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. 🍂☔🌦️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 1 degree) with an expected overcast high of 8 and 2% chance of precipitation. We're expecting below freezing temperatures for the next several nights but not much, if any, precipitation. Probably frost though. I am beginning to feel the cold in my bones.

Corned beef hash and eggs for a hearty, warming breakfast.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Our rain started last night and we still have a drizzle going on now. No plans for today I do need to dust so maybe I will do that.
  • eku0
    good morning
    It rained a lot yesterday, afternoon through overnight. There's some sunshine this morning. I made butternut squash soup yesterday. Soup making is a good activity for cold rainy days.
    I went for my eye exam and ordered a pair of glasses for watching TV and driving at night. I've been putting that off. Additional glaucoma testing set for January.
    It's currently 39F, sunshine and clouds mixed. High 46F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Almost all the leaves are gone from the trees now.
    We may go out and start looking for a new mattress today.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! 🌞🍂