Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    edited November 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 19 and 8% chance of rain.

Work is a bit slow with program updates but I have things to work on and clients always come up with interesting issues. We'll see what today brings.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited November 2022
    Having a bit of trouble getting things to post again. I wrote that at 5:30 this morning. It's now after 9, and it's 40F. Did my daily puzzles and my exercise, showered and ready to go to my derm. appt.

good morning
    I'm not sleeping well. 👀 Was up at 4a.m. this morning. Just gave up trying to fall back to sleep.
    It's currently 34F, cloudy skies. High near 50F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have an annual dermatology appt scheduled for this morning. And supposed to meet up with my clay crafting buddies this afternoon.
    Wishing all a happy Tuesday. 🌥️
  • parityanimal
    Well, it is now Tuesday evening. I am sipping a Vesper Martini and munching some Nacho Cheese Doritos while watching Annabelle's Wish, a charming animated Christmas video.

J is taking a nap, having returned home with a sore throat that has now migrated from there to the sinus and chest. If it's Covid, well, then it is. But he's still working and was feeling mostly OK at the end of the work day.

We'll have our Taco Salad Tuesday dinner shortly as he just got up!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133372/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

We hove 12 (Celsius) rainy (and thundery occasionally) degrees with an expected high of 17 under cloudy skies and 100% chance of precipitation. This storm brought cooler temperatures with it and it's supposed to get below freezing tonight.

Work yesterday was a bit slow, but that was fine. I am still working on testing configurations for a virtual server.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    vix hope you and J both are feeling better.I understand the flu is pretty bad this year stay healthy my friends
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. Had my flu shot, so I should be ok. (All the cortisone shots help for me feeling better!)
    Ed, I hope J is feeling better. I've had a few friends get covid lately. After all the inoculations, I think we are letting down our guard a little. Sometimes it's good when work slows down.
    It's currently 49F and rainy here, light rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 57F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    I was so busy yesterday, I'm glad to have a slower day today.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day!
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Wednesday night update.

J slept a lot today, and he didn't want much in the way of food, but I got him to eat a couple of cups of mashed potatoes, made especially for him for dinner. I had some leftover refried beans and Mexican rice from Tuesday night.

I feel sure he'll be all right, but I did check on him several times while he was sleeping, as did Kiara, who eventually got him up. He ate all the mashed potatoes and didn't seem to be feeling TOO bad.

Thursday will be the opening of all the Advent calendars for this year. I have wine, cheese, and chocolates, and I bought a Keebler cookie Advent calendar for J to enjoy.

For every day in December, through Christmas Eve, I will enjoy whatever chocolate comes out for my lunch dessert, and whatever wine and cheese pairing comes up, from the disparate calendars, for my pre-dinner appetizer and cocktail. I will bring J the Keebler cookie treat after dinner.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we had a lot of rain yesterday today it is pretty chilly it is 35 .
    hope everyone is feeling better I think the covid is with us for good just like the flu.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 0 (Celsius) clear cold degrees (feels like -2) with an expected partly cloudy high of 12.

This year's wine calendar is extra fun as I can get details on the wine by scanning the barcode on the side! Optionally I can go to a webpage on my computer and open the door for that day to get the same details.

I promise I won't spam you with all of that every day. LOL. But I will give you an example of what they provide for today's wine.

J's cookies will likely rotate between the only three kinds in the calendar. Today looks like mini Chips Ahoy. The other two are mini Fudge Stripe and mini Sandys. Nothing terribly exciting but I hope he enjoys them.

Today's wine is Candlelit Memories. Today's cheese is aged Cheddar. And today's chocolate is a latte macchiato truffle. I put it in a small tray as they apparently are not individually wrapped, other than being in their little doors. I'll eat the chocolate at lunch.

About the wine:

A RED BLEND WITH A LASTING IMPRESSION.

Candlelit Memories comes from a culture of embracing new ideas. The winemakers of the Pays d’Oc, on the coast of Southern France, aren’t afraid to take risks in order to make memorable wine. Candlelit Memories is like a song that gets stuck in your head - so catchy, you just want to keep singing the tune. We chose from 56 local grape varieties to craft this original blend, all grown by the Mediterranean Sea. Candlelit Memories is robust, bold, and fruity, so share it with someone you want to make new memories with.

THERE’S A PLACE FOR FEARLESS EXPERIMENTATION.

And it’s the Languedoc. In 1285, Arnaud de Villeneuve, a physician and alchemist made a startling discovery that changed the course of how wine was made. Word of his innovative techniques quickly spread around the world, and in 2022, they’re still being used to make great wine. Candlelit Memories celebrates the culture of innovation and fearless experimentation that marks the Pays d’Oc IGP - the region in Southern France where this powerful red wine was crafted.

GET CREATIVE WITH FOOD PAIRING.

In the name of thinking outside the box, don’t be afraid to try new things with Candlit Memories. Who knows? You might make a startling discovery that changes the way you dine forever. Our favorite off-the-beaten-path pairings for Candlelight Memories are pigs in a blanket, Italian sausage sandwiches, barbecue chips, and beef jerky.

7s1xr4mgxg9h.png

l1l1leu2ylv1.png

1hbflw54i9rk.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, we had a lot of rain yesterday too. With climate change we will probably be getting a lot of new viruses, unfortunately. It's good that our scientists can make vaccines!
    Ed, the wine sounds delightful, and always good to have a cheese with your wine. Surprise chocolate, I've never seen one like that. I like your advent traditions. :smiley: I hope J is feeling better. Pecan sandies used to be my favorite cookie.
    We ended up going to Frederick yesterday and wandered about some stores after making a return. It was a windy rainy day.
    It's definitely cooler today, currently 32F (same 0C!), plenty of sunshine. High 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. I am sipping my coffee and relaxing, have a lot of things to keep me busy around the house.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☕🌞🌬️
  • parityanimal
    Thursday night dinner. I made chili spaghetti for J but I had some homemade cottage pie myself. Eduardo took over with the ground beef. :)

ts0xzy2vkz1p.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 13 and 6% chance of precipitation.

Breakfast was a small portion of last night's cottage pie. It warmed up nicely in the microwave. The rest will be my lunch today. J will be having the rest of the vegetarian chili spaghetti I made for him last night.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Through the Forest Pinot Gris from Hungary. The cheese is red pesto Gouda, and the chocolate is a mascarpone truffle. If you want more information on the wine, it can be seen at:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/throughtheforest

1m0ujezx3v6t.png

fp5dvz8504t2.png

l6ahvevd5a2e.png

It should be a good day at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, the cottage pie looks like pure comfort food, yum. The wine sounds interesting. I am a chocoholic, so chocolate always looks good!
    It's chilly here today, currently 25F, mostly sunny. High around 50F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. I put my holiday wreath up yesterday.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and then we are planning to go out to lunch in Frederick.
    Will probably stop by to see the grandchildren when they get home from daycare. A good day. ;)
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌞🥂
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 18 under cloudy skies and 24% chance of precipitation.

We got out yesterday and stood in line for about 35 minutes to vote in the runoff. I count that as enough exercise for yesterday! I have some laundry to fold and will probably get out to the grocery today.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Winter Getaway, a red blend from Portugal. Today's cheese is Red Leicester. And today's chocolate is a crème brûlée truffle.

You can read the details on the wine at

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/wintergetaway

inimcue149ba.png

0khh33qjoqgv.png

7ng19stnuxdc.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, do you have a favorite country/state for wine? I guess it depends on the wine.
    I had a nice day yesterday. We went out for lunch and I had a drink called One Rainy
    Wish, made with Orange Peel Infused Cognac, Chai Honey Syrup, and Orange Vanilla Bitters, sweet and strong! And a delicious hamburger with cheddar, red onion marmalade, roasted garlic aioli, house-baked brioche bun. I haven't had a real hamburger in a long time. Yum!
    I spent some time with the little ones last night, always so sweet.
    Getting together with family this afternoon. I'm baking a streusel cake.
    It started raining overnight, and is still raining, but a little warmer than yesterday.
    It's currently 48F, light rain this morning. Breaks of sun this afternoon. Thunder possible. High 59F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a fun and relaxing weekend! 🥂🎂
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, do you have a favorite country/state for wine? I guess it depends on the wine.

When I was younger, I had a preference (for a while) for French and Italian wines. But now it CAN depend on the wine, but I've been surprised at the quality of wines that come from places other than the "original" source for that particular wine.

California wines tend to have (not always though) more residual sugar than most, but there are some fine wines from there, of many varietals, and while I think of Tempranillo and Garnacha as being a Spanish specialty, some fine versions of those are coming from other countries as well.

True Burgundy, Beaujolais, Bordeaux, and, of course, Pays d'Oc blends, MUST come from France, to be authentic, as well as Champagne.

But other sparkling wines from other areas can be the equal of Champagne, or better than some Champagnes, and the same grapes used in the wines above can be grown and bottled elsewhere. They just have to be named something else when bottled, to follow trademark laws and traditions.

Some of the best Malbec comes from South America, and the best Viognier I have ever had was from Australia. And everyone knows about the great German wines.

All the same, any wine type can be made anywhere it seems, nowadays, so I don't have a strong preference for the origin, as long as it's good.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 7 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 16 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Today's Advent Calendar wine is Dancing Lights Trebbiano Chardonnay, from Italy. Today's Advent Calendar cheese is Double Gloucester. Today's Advent Calendar chocolate is a mousse with nougat chocolate.

Details on the wine can be seen at

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/dancinglights

311faztjysxb.png

nmm62qxy0n9x.png

sdfmf4g8dtyc.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, wow, you know a lot about wine! Cool!
    We had a wonderful family gathering yesterday. My experiment with streusel cake turned out ok. I didn't know the dough was so thick! I actually watered it down a little with 1/2 cup of apple juice, but it was still really thick and not very spreadable. It baked up nicely, however.
    It's chillier today, currently 33F, mostly sunny. High near 45F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌞🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    It is 22 today on our walk it was too cold to go for a long walk but at least we got a little one.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 10 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 10 and 100% chance of rain. I'd say it sounds like a dreary day! Good thing I don't have to get out in it.

Sourdough French toast for breakfast, with some small sausage links.

Today's Advent calendar wine is Handle With Care Cabernet Sauvignon, from the Thracian lowlands of Bulgaria. Today's Advent calendar cheese is Mediterranean Gouda. Today's chocolate is a cappuccino truffle.

You can read more about the wine at:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/handlewithcare

miiqzxbbgzfo.png

2vawo7ujo8ve.png

5newu2idyzph.png