Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 20 and 2% chance of rain.

Everything that needs to thaw is in the refrigerator for that purpose. Tomorrow, I really only have to put this year's somewhat Cajun style cornbread stuffing/dressing together (Eduardo helped with the planning of this) and bake it, and the small green bean casserole I bought on a whim. I may make some mashed cauliflower in lieu of mashed potatoes, as even though the stuffing will be very meaty it is still a lot of carbs and I don't need potato carbs as well, especially with the (thankfully tiny) pecan pie and pumpkin pie tarts for dessert.

I do have some frozen, diced butternut squash but I think I will save that for Christmas. It could make a lovely squash bisque for a starter soup.

Breakfast today was creamy brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal with some sausage patties on the side.

Well, let's see what this workday brings.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,
    thanks for the birthday wishes I had a very nice day .
    I really don't do any social media except
    Facebook and I try to be very careful on what I respond to it is a really scary world we live in.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    My youngest brother mentioned in a family chat that they were having a potluck lunch at his work today, for the day before Thanksgiving.

I had not decided at that time what to have for my work lunch so made some potluck from the freezer, fridge, and cupboard. But nobody brought any desserts to my potluck!

c6n9qyxcjda1.png
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    oops, this didn't post this morning. I cooked all that I planned to today. :)
    good morning
    Ed, sounds good. Our turkey has been in the fridge since Monday afternoon, thawing. It's still pretty solid. I may have to give it a water bath. I will make the cornbread for the stuffing, the cranberry sauce and the cheesecake today. Then will only need to cook the turkey and stuffing tomorrow, and heat up the crescent rolls.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning, so I will start cooking later.
    We mostly started organizing our clay craft room yesterday. It was a mess. Our pottery wheel was missing and they apparently were using it as a storage room for other things. Hopefully the center manager will find our pottery wheel and get someone to move out the miscellaneous junk. The shelves we normally use were in total disarray. Will see where it stands next week.
    It's currently 31F, plentiful sunshine. High 56F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy Thanksgiving Eve. 🌞🦃🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Irene-Happy belated birthday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thanksgiving Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 15 under cloudy skies and 24% chance of rain.

I have the dishwasher running so it can start off fresh after Thanksgiving dinner. I will get all that going a bit later. My biggest chore will be making the Cajun cornbread dressing, but all the ingredients are ready to roll.

Sliced turkey is in the fridge, just needing a warm-up. The very small green bean casserole too. I can make the gravy at the last minute. No ham, rolls, deviled eggs, potato dish or any of that.

4mvpxvmofsag.png

• parityanimal
    edited November 2022
    I often say I will keep my Thanksgiving meal simple but usually fail to do so. This year I succeeded!

Sliced turkey. Green bean casserole. Somewhat Cajun style cornbread dressing made with plenty of turkey and sausage crumbles. Turkey gravy.

A nice Pinot Noir to wash it down.

My dressing was a bit more complex than usual and I made too much of it, but it may be the best dressing I have ever made.

There is more turkey than pictured. I have plenty of food to get me through the weekend.

For dessert one two bite pumpkin pie tart and one two bite pecan pie tart. More of those to go with the other leftovers.

9sp61j9w7gfn.png

7h8hwvdyng6c.png

bvjnbwg1swmc.png
  • eku0
    wcvwl8o17eqf.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 9 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 23% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I had some sliced turkey and a serving from that massive pan of dressing for my breakfast.

I'll have more for lunch, along with a serving of the green bean casserole.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    NIce dinner, Ed. Similar to ours, turkey, green bean casserole, corn bread stuffing (with sausage), mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, marinated salad, a bottle of Shiraz, and pumpkin cheesecake. Plenty of leftovers to share with the family. It was such a nice day!
    Mostly going to relax today. I'm pretty achy from yesterday. I have an acupuncture appt this morning.
    It's currenly 42F, cloudy and damp with rain this morning...then becoming partly cloudy. High 56F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a festive Friday. 🦃🍷☔
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    glad everyone had a nice thanksgiving .
    Jo thanks for the birthday wish
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 9 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 18 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Still eating leftovers, and still enjoying them. I may get out today for milk but don't have to, and don't really need a lot of groceries. I may just have a lazy day here at home.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, leftovers here for another day or 2 or 3. 😋
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    It's currently 41F, sunny. High 58F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Will probably get outside for a while later to enjoy the nice weather.
    Wishing all an enjoyable Saturday. 🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Seems like everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
    Hubby still isn't feeling all that great, no appetite, so it was just my daughter and I for dinner. I had plenty of leftovers. I made up some dinners and froze them.
    Yesterday my daughter and I went to a winter Christmas market and out to lunch. It was a beautiful day for being outside.
    We also found a clay studio and signed up for a class in January. I have always wanted to try it.
    Between Friday and Saturday, I got all my decorations up.
    Today I am going to the Christmas tree shop and to pick up a few gift cards and then I will be all done Christmas shopping.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I hope hubby starts feeling better soon. Good that you froze some dinners for when he gets his appetite back. Christmas market and out to lunch with your daughter sounds like fun. I think you're really going to enjoy the clay class! We just started up our clay crafting group last week, although so far we're just cleaning and organizing things. Good for you for getting your decorations up and shopping done!
    Hubby put up some lights yesterday, taking advantage of the nice weather. I still have my Fall wreath up, I think it's my favorite, but I'll get the holiday one up in a few days. I have about 1/2 of my shopping done. Maybe I'll do cards this week.
    I read outside on the porch for a while yesterday, the weather was so nice. Not sure yet what today will bring.
    It's currently 41F, completely overcast, but the gray has a sort of pinkish cast to it. Rain is expected to start about 10a.m. High near 55F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a satisfying Sunday. ☔☕🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 16 partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 17 and 10% chance of rain. I did get out to Lidl yesterday but forgot to grab some salad mix.

I may get back out for that today. J should be returning this evening.

• parityanimal
    edited November 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 9 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 15 and 3% chance of rain.

J got back from Kentucky late last night, so I was already in bed, but I heard noises that briefly woke me up.

I found this in my Facebook memories today. I didn't make this for this year's feast, as it makes a lot and I usually only make it if there is company for dinner. This is not a diet dish, with all the butter, but is a marvelous holiday side.

I learned to make French Green Peas from an old friend many decades ago. He passed on many years ago but I still think of him when I make them at Thanksgiving, as he always did. I don't know if they are really French, but that's what he called them so I do the same.

I don't always make them for Thanksgiving, but I always enjoy them when I do. I think they would be nice for Christmas dinner too.

Here's how I make them:

Chop a medium onion. Sautée that in half a stick of butter (NOT MARGARINE) and, when the onion is translucent, add one bag of frozen peas, and one bag of shredded iceberg lettuce, or equivalent amount of chopped lettuce, maybe half a small head.

This will look like far too much lettuce, but it will wilt. No additional water is needed as the lettuce will provide enough as it wilts.

Bring to a simmer, and cook until the peas are done to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.

If you want to be FANCY in your serving, line the serving bowl with large, clean lettuce leaves before putting the cooked peas in the serving bowl.

60fp03y6mix0.png

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Cryptocurrency Wallet Scams

Cryptocurrency exchanges are platforms that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin. When you buy cryptocurrency, it’s stored in a digital wallet. Most cryptocurrency exchanges require that you use an additional authentication method, such as a recovery phrase, to access your wallet. Cybercriminals use social engineering to try to bypass this added authentication and steal your currency.

In a new scam, cybercriminals send you an email pretending to be a cryptocurrency exchange representative. This email states that you need to provide information to receive a refund due to an issue with your account. To receive this refund, this email asks you to click a link and enter your recovery phrase. If you click the link and provide this information, cybercriminals can use it to reset your password and prevent you from accessing your account. Then, they can transfer your currency to their own accounts.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Always be cautious of unexpected emails. While this attack targets cryptocurrency wallets, similar emails could be used to gain access to any account that uses additional authentication methods.

• Watch out for messages that offer refunds or special promotions that seem too good to be true. Phishing attacks rely on impulsive actions, so always think before you click.

• Never provide sensitive information through email. If you receive an email claiming that you have an account issue, always log in to the organization’s website directly to verify the claim.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    oops, again this failed to post this a.m.!!!

I don't understand how anyone could buy into cryptocurrency. The whole thing seemed like a scam to me, or a way for criminals to launder their money. Thanks for keeping us all up on the latest scam parade.

good morning
    Ed, the peas sound good, haha, butter makes vegetables taste great! Nice way to remember your friend.
    We went out yesterday, and I found a nice soft pillow at BB&B. Yay! I threw my old deteriorating one away. I am so happy. I didn't know if I could find another really soft one.
    I have a massage appt later this morning. Looking forward to that.
    It's a gray day today, currently 49F, mostly cloudy skies. High around 50F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful new week. 🎀🌠